[ROM]KoolKit V2.0.0 GOLD Release 08/22/2014[ROM SafeStrap]

Keep the Quicklaunch panel in the status bar?

• Yes, I use it all the time.

Votes: 22 40.7%
  • No, it's sort of annoying and out of place.

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Maybe, Let me think about it.

Votes: 13 24.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

sicwan

Feb 18, 2008
i just verified everything is correct in the script and the package so not sure how this could have happened, one thought is that you accidentally chose to flash both the rom and the patch. i have noticed occasionally that the TWRP install qeue gets stuck and keeps a previous flash in the qeue so when you choose to flash another one it tries to flash both.

Thanks for checking.
I don't think that's the issue, as I've not flashed anything to this phone yet.. (now that could be the issue). If that patch requires your rom to be flashed then that's defiantly the issue, as I don't have it flashed, and where I was directed from said nothing about needing it, I'll have to go back and give them what for if it does LOL.

I had my important stuff backed up so I didn't lose anything but installed apps/ringtones, I'm wondering why google didn't spam me w/ the previous installed apps like it usually does.. but that's another issue for another day.

cstayton

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 5, 2011
Waite Park, MN.
Thanks for checking.
I don't think that's the issue, as I've not flashed anything to this phone yet.. (now that could be the issue). If that patch requires your rom to be flashed then that's defiantly the issue, as I don't have it flashed, and where I was directed from said nothing about needing it, I'll have to go back and give them what for if it does LOL.

I had my important stuff backed up so I didn't lose anything but installed apps/ringtones, I'm wondering why google didn't spam me w/ the previous installed apps like it usually does.. but that's another issue for another day.

no that patch has no ROM requirements whatsoever, it only replaces the TetheringProvision.apk in the /system/app folder with a modded one that bypasses the AT&T provisioning and goes directly to my server for the check.

The current version of this ROM is based on G900F and doesnt use the tetheringprovision check to enable hotspot so if you do flash this ROM you wont need that patch. (or shouldn't need it)

Reactions: ALLDAT

sicwan

Feb 18, 2008
no that patch has no ROM requirements whatsoever, it only replaces the TetheringProvision.apk in the /system/app folder with a modded one that bypasses the AT&T provisioning and goes directly to my server for the check.

The current version of this ROM is based on G900F and doesnt use the tetheringprovision check to enable hotspot so if you do flash this ROM you wont need that patch. (or shouldn't need it)

weird, very weird. my phone did say something about applying an update, displayed some log info on the screen gave 2 errors about something not matching, started to do something. the same 2 errors about something not matching and displayed, a few more messages then the last thing i saw was something like 'formatting(flashing?) sdcard/0" done.. then it rebooted, it took about 20-30sec to get to the point where it displayed the error about something not matching the 2nd time, and about 2-5sec after that to pop up the message about the flashing/formatting of the the sdcard/0. I assumed everything was normal up until the very last part when it said something about flashing/formatting so I didn't bother writing down the messages.

I can confirm that I do not have 'free' tethering, so your theory might be correct, and a cached update applied. is there any way for me to check to see if there is an update cached/stuck?

cstayton

Mar 5, 2011
Waite Park, MN.
weird, very weird. my phone did say something about applying an update, displayed some log info on the screen gave 2 errors about something not matching, started to do something. the same 2 errors about something not matching and displayed, a few more messages then the last thing i saw was something like 'formatting(flashing?) sdcard/0" done.. then it rebooted, it took about 20-30sec to get to the point where it displayed the error about something not matching the 2nd time, and about 2-5sec after that to pop up the message about the flashing/formatting of the the sdcard/0. I assumed everything was normal up until the very last part when it said something about flashing/formatting so I didn't bother writing down the messages.

I can confirm that I do not have 'free' tethering, so your theory might be correct, and a cached update applied. is there any way for me to check to see if there is an update cached/stuck?

When you click on I stall and choose the patch before you accept the flash it should list all packages that will be installed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: sicwan and ALLDAT

ALLDAT

Dec 13, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Cstayton sorry to bug you again but have you had any chance to look at the default all logs to be able to default to all calls only. Thanks again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sicwan

Feb 18, 2008
When you click on I stall and choose the patch before you accept the flash it should list all packages that will be installed.

I'm using stock everything, I decided to try it again, and sure enough, reset my phone.. What I'm doing is booting into the stock restore, then going to 'install update from sd card, then i select the update file from sdcard (TetheringProvision_Patch_v2.zip) and the moment i press the power button to select the file, it starts to install. I dont see anywhere on that screen where it says its going to install this and that.

I rooted my phone and tried to manually copy the .apk from the zip, but that didn't work either.
**update** i got it working by copying the file, then changing its permissions to match other files in the app folder. still not sure why my phone doesn't like the proper way

Last edited:

cstayton

Mar 5, 2011
Waite Park, MN.
I'm using stock everything, I decided to try it again, and sure enough, reset my phone.. What I'm doing is booting into the stock restore, then going to 'install update from sd card, then i select the update file from sdcard (TetheringProvision_Patch_v2.zip) and the moment i press the power button to select the file, it starts to install. I dont see anywhere on that screen where it says its going to install this and that.

I rooted my phone and tried to manually copy the .apk from the zip, but that didn't work either.
**update** i got it working by copying the file, then changing its permissions to match other files in the app folder. still not sure why my phone doesn't like the proper way

DON'T USE STOCK RECOVERY YOU MUST BE ROOTED USING SAFESTRAP

556AR

Sep 3, 2013
Keeping an eye on this thread anticipating the gold release so I can start flashing. Progress looks really good so far!

cooza

Aug 9, 2011
Forked River, N.J.

Hey mate. I think you should just install safe strap and then make a nandroid backup of you stock ROM and flash RC1. You can always restore your backup if you want but in the mean while you can test for yourself the difference between the 2. I think you'll enjoy it.

sicwan

Feb 18, 2008
DON'T USE STOCK RECOVERY YOU MUST BE ROOTED USING SAFESTRAP

No need to yell, its not like I'm sitting here blaming you for the issue, I was not aware there was another step I had to do, I checked the front page and I only see 1 mention of safestrap and that's in the "thank yous".

Might I suggest you put something on the the front post so it's a little more clear that this is needed.

thanks for your time and help!

cstayton

Mar 5, 2011
Waite Park, MN.
No need to yell, its not like I'm sitting here blaming you for the issue, I was not aware there was another step I had to do, I checked the front page and I only see 1 mention of safestrap and that's in the "thank yous".

Might I suggest you put something on the the front post so it's a little more clear that this is needed.

thanks for your time and help!

Oops sorry, typing on my phone didn't realise I had caps lock on. Wasn't trying to be rude.

BigSexySCJCD

Apr 21, 2011
Not sure if I did something wrong but installed X posed and now s health is broke and phone running really slow

Last edited:

cooza

Aug 9, 2011
Forked River, N.J.
Not sure if I did something wrong but installed X posed and now s health is broke and phone running really slow

Uninstall the update from application manager then open it. It should run OK again then you can update to latest S-Health. You need to uninstall updates for S-Health and HealthService, clear data + cache and reboot. Xposed is known for interfering with those 2. If you want just do the updates first so you don't loose your data. If that doesn't work then you need to do the whole deal. Had to do the same.
Backup your stuff if you want too in S-Health first then you can restore your saved data later after re-updating mate.

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

I would dirty flash the rom again.

Hey mate how's things. This ROM has a full wipe script so you can't reflash without it being a full wipe. I'm still on our other project too mate. Just need the word from the boss to finalize. I'll be in touch.

Last edited:

gspears

Mar 15, 2011
Phoenix
Hey mate how's things. This ROM has a full wipe script so you can't reflash without it being a full wipe. I'm still on our other project too mate. Just need the word from the boss to finalize. I'll be in touch.

Things are going well and I hope they are for you as well. Thanks for working on the other project and let me know if I can test it for you. It's good to hear from you again.

co.ag.2005

Apr 26, 2010
Fort Worth
Google Pixel 5
OP, I just flashed this ROM! Great work! so much smoother than stock, holy crap what a difference! :D

one question, is there a way to get the stock notification shade (one without the KK logo)? that logo blocks portions of some of my notifications and I'd like stock. Thanks!

2014-08-08%2013.28.58.png

Last edited:

co.ag.2005

Apr 26, 2010
Fort Worth
Google Pixel 5
Also, sorry for the noob question. How do I change the 4G and 4G LTE icons from the at&t version to another version (or stock international version)? I used xposed status bar icon changer on my HTC One but the sgs version doesn't work with KitKat based Roms. Thanks!

KINGDROID25

May 25, 2011
Lost Angeles
I'll just drop these of here..

2yvera3e.jpg
apave3e3.jpg
sy7aqy5u.jpg
muzaqedy.jpg
uhy9uhar.jpg
ymuby3es.jpg

This is RedEdition04 confirmed working on rc1.. Go check it out mix this sweet smooth rom with XKrome

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=54401677

??crusin on my viSiX XKrome S5??

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

Great rom @cstayton super smooth and responsive... Feels good on my S5

??crusin on my viSiX XKrome S5??

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    KoolKit_Logo2.png

SM-G900A.png

Special Note:
    There are few things that have changed in RC1 from the previous beta releases. They are to an extent significant and I will try to explain my reasoning behind them.

1. Private Mode - Has been removed from the build, without the accompanying knox components Private Mode remains non-functional. I know that there are ROM's out there with Private Mode working however, I have not had time to research exactly what is required in order to make it play well with custom ROMs it is possible that it just requires the missing folder structure and nothing more but I have not had time to delve into that as of yet. In deference to performance and functionality most accompanying code has been removed.

2. A.R.T. Runtime - A.R.T. runtime even on a good day is tempermental at best, Google did not intend it to be any type of daily use environment and since this ROM is de-odexed the system has a dificult time handling the conversion process from Dalvik to A.R.T. therefore I have chosen to temporarily disable this feature through the developer options in settings. All of the code for this feature still exists within the ROM itself and can be turned back on fairly easily, my intentions are to wait until Google decides if this is going to be mainstream or drops it from use.

Major enhancement to the flashing process
    I have included custom scripts that are called during the flash process (I originally wrote and implemented these in the HTC forums). These scripts in conjunction with the updater-script are able to better handle the process of wiping /system and /data and also include the automatic backup and restore of all user level apps from /data/app. The scripts intentionally ignore all coresponding application data backing up only the core apk itself. this offers you a completely clean start from scratch not only for all system apps but all of your personal apps as well. Now when flashing there is no more need to remember to wipe data or system just copy the zip to your sdcard, reboot to SS Recovery and flash and your done.

changelog.png

Code:
    [B][U]V2.0.0 Changelog[/U][/B]
    Re-Based on G900F NG2 firmware
    improved fingerprint recognition
    faster USB 3.0 connections
    all previous KoolKit enhancements
    transparent notification panel
    Lockscreen rotation (may be unstable)
    improved performance
    improved battery life
    100% stable (ok, with the exception of lockscreen rotation)

[B]3minit battery mod[/B] - [user=4619873]@gharrington[/user] all recognition for this mod make sure you visit his thread and click on his thanks button [B][URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2799958"]Original thread located here[/URL][/B]
    [B]3minit quicklaunch[/B] - [user=4619873]@gharrington[/user] all recognition for this mod make sure you visit his thread and click on his thanks button [B][URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2799958"]Original thread located here[/URL][/B]

[B][U]V1.0.1_RC1 Changelog[/U][/B]
    All previous KoolKit enhancements
    Private mode removed
    A.R.T Runtime disabled
    Reboot to SS Recovery thru Power Menu
    Re-Based on G900F OEM Firmware
    Car Mode
    Download Booster
    Torchlight on lockscreen in display settings
    Unlocked APNs
    Screen on when message recieved toggle in messaging app
    [B]There where a couple mods that i left out but i will include them in the GOLD release[/B]

[B][U]V1.0.0_B03 Beta3 Changelog[/U][/B]
    Permenant device status "Official"
    All carrier branding removed
    more knox services removed
    Folder view added to SMS/MMS
    Screen on notification toggle added to SMS/MMS
    Scrolling cache disabled
    Developer options enabled by default
    Recent apps added to pull down notification panel
    xPosed proof CSC Features (now uses custom koolkit.xml)
    4-Way reboot menu added
    Updates to performance enhancements
    UPdates to init.d and userinit.d support
    WIP - CarrierIQ Removal - WIP
    (This will take time carrieriq is present
    in a majority of the default framework)

[B][U]V1.0.0 Beta2 Changelog[/U][/B]
    Removed Battery cover and USB warnings
    Removed remaining ATT bloat (missed in beta1)
    updated init.d components
    tweaked build.prop to eliminate lag with xPosed
    updated SuperSU to 2.0.1
    fixed SuperSU random FC and unable to grant root 
    removed CIQ from feature.xml 
    updated busybox
    added ROM Details section to settings
    removed battery full notification
    AT&T / Tmobile Native WiFi hotspot patch
    Removed remaining AT&T FOTA components
    Possible fix for Private Mode
    replaced ATT branded contacts with stock Samsung apk
    lite volume boost
    asec Forward_lock disabled
    micro_sd RW

[B]Changelog V1.0.0 Beta[/B]
    Based on initial ...NCE Firmware release
    De-Odexed
    De-Knoxed
    All AT&T bloat removed
    custom bootanimation enabled
    AT&T firmware updates disabled
    init.d support
    Internet homepage set to Google
    Bookmark for Google added
    Bookmark for AT&T Galaxy S5 XDA added
    Call Recording enabled
    KoolKit performance enhancements applied

Code:
    [B][U][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]FLASH INSTRUCTIONS[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B]
    1. Copy the download to your [B]external sdcard[/B] (if you have one)
    2. DO A BACKUP FIRST
    3. DO A BACKUP FIRST (if unsure see step 2)
    4. Reboot to SS Recovery
    5. Flash to "Stock Rom" Slot (DO NOT USE ROM SLOTS YET)
    6. Reboot your device and complete the initial setup
    7. Enjoy!!!

Code:
    [COLOR="Red"][B][U]Thanks[/U][/B][/COLOR]
     [user=3105374]@bri315317[/user] - For pointing me in the right direction to fix USB connections
     [user=1042140]@tdunham[/user], [user=1167171]@rompnit[/user] for all the mods that where used as a basis for this rom
     [user=3065070]@goldie[/user], [user=4469503]@RErick[/user] and [B]Team Alliance[/B] for the reboot to SS Recovery thru power menu mod
    [B] [user=1026832]@WizeGuyDezignz[/user] - For the huge assist with testing [/B]
     [user=3280118]@geohot[/user] for root
     [user=4243514]@Hashcode[/user] for SafeStrap (Woohoo freaking awesome)
     [user=2284570]@ted77usa[/user] (basically for lighting the fire under my A$$) and for testing for me.
     [user=4237464]@wp4jot[/user] [user=2806575]@BIGDADDYXXL[/user] [user=5072378]@s5freak[/user] for testing
     Google for android
     [user=5161352]@JustArchi[/user] for ArchiKitchen 
     [user=3120850]@pcidiot[/user] for the bookmarks tweak to customer.xml

[U][B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]Special Thanks For Donations recieved[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/U]
    [user=4208877]@cooza[/user]
    [user=3808521]@gspears[/user]
    [user=529701]@Steve75402[/user]
    [user=2960635]@jwebster[/user]

Anyone else I missed let me know

Code:
    [SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="Red"][U]PATCHES[/U][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
    [B][COLOR="Green"]Patches, Addons and Themes if available will be listed in [B]Post #2[/B][/COLOR][/B]

notice.png

3minit battery mod - @gharrington all recognition for this mod make sure you visit his thread and click on his thanks button Original thread located here
    3minit quicklaunch - @gharrington all recognition for this mod make sure you visit his thread and click on his thanks button Original thread located here

Team Blackout and KoolKit ROMs are not responsible if you blow up your house, your dog eats your homework,
    the zombie apacolypse, your wife/husband divorcing you or if your device turns into an unrecognizable
    smoldering pile of plastic. by reading this you agree to take all responsibility for any damage you do to the
    universe, your device, your marriage or your failing grades in school or college.

Patches, Addons and Themes

patches.png

XKrome Gold Keyboard - Curteousy of @ted77usa - XKrome_Gold_Keyboard.zip
    Make sure you visit his thread http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54401677&postcount=1 and give him thanks for this.

Disable Quicklaunch Panel
    Disable_Quicklaunch_Panel_G900.zip

SHealth Patch for V2.0.0 ONLY
    SHealth_Patch.zip

CURRENT PATCHES For ALL Versions
    Performance Stability Patch - Performance_Stability_Patch.zip not needed for current version

Notes:
    We all know how (or should at least grasp the understanding of) how init.d support works in the Android world, init.d is used by most DEVs that build ROMs or create custom performance and other enhancement mods (@zeppelinrox for instance and his famous V6 supercharger scripts, highly recommend you check these out by the way, these are probably the most comprehensive tweaks around and don't overwrite or delete any existing scripts.) make use of init.d support however, what most of us run into is when we flash a ROM that has included tweaks and performance enhancements we often lose those baseline enhancements when we flash other Mods and scripts a lot of our initial enhancements are lost in the fray never to be seen again.What I have implemented here is a whole new way of handling the KoolKit baseline performance enhancements, no matter what you install/flash/push or modify in the way of scripts or init.d, the base performance enhancements are always the initial configuration. All of my tweaks and enhancements are now handled prior to (and independant of) any init.d support. This gives you a stable starting point no matter what happens if you find your edits or mods that you tried didn't work just delete them and the KoolKit enhancements will once again be your default. This patch is optional but recommended.

Enable All Lockscreen Widgets (Even on secured) NE2 Build ONLY - LockScreenWidgets_Enable.zip

Enable All Lockscreen Widgets (Even on secured) NG2 Build ONLY - LockScreenWidgets_Enable_NG2.zip
    Full credit for this mod goes to Team Alliance and @Goldie for the original code.

CURRENT PATCHES For V1.0.0 Beta1
    Superuser random FC/root not granted fix - Download FixSU.zip
    Copy to External sdcard reboot to recovery and flash, reboot

Remove annoying Battery cover and USB warnings - Battery_usb_Toast_remove.zip

Default S5 File Manager (SecMyFiles2014.apk) - Default_File_Manager.zip

Battery Full Notification removal - No_BatteryFull_Notify.zip

Enable Native AT&T / Tmobile WiFi Hotspot (TetherProvision.apk) - TetheringProvision_Patch_V2.zip (not tested on Tmobile but should work)
    Confirmed working, thanks @justinmatheny823 and @cilio87
    thanks to @scrosler over in the LG forums for his original code
    which has been modified to work not only for our devices but also
    for HTC devices.

init.d stability patch - Enhances the overall performance of the init.d calls (See Notes Below) - init_d_stability.zip

NOTES
    int.d support is a big part of being able to apply tweaks, settings, user customizations etc. in the Android world. There are several different implementations of init.d for android, most rely on kernel and ramdisk edits others rely on the user guessing at the number of seconds to pause execution while waiting for other processes to finish. On the Contrary KoolKit init.d support requires neither kernel edits nor the users input in any fashion. My custom written sysinit waits for the boot process to report back as complete so no matter if it takes 5 seconds or 10 seconds init.d will run as soon as it gets the go ahead from the boot_completed process. There is also the added bonus of not only supporting init.d but also userinit.d (scripts that are dependant on init.d completing first). Another big advantage is the logging that happens during the init process both to the system log and to /data/local/initlog.log you'll be able to tell if everything ran, permissions where set, whether or not it found userinit.d has been implemented in your rom, plus no more need to remember what permissions to set if someone gives you a script just push it to the init.d folder and reboot my KoolKit process checks permissions and sets them correctly for any file placed in the init.d folder or the userinit.d folder.
    V1.0.2 Gold Release is getting closer

I am almost done adding a few "niceties" to the Gold release should be up within the next few days, performance wise there are a few minor improvements in how code is handled. should be 100% stable with excellent battery life. I have also added a couple of mods that i believe everyone will enjoy.
    KoolKit V2.0.0 Gold Release

KoolKit V2.0.0 Gold Release has been sent to select members and testers, should only be a matter of a couple days for final release.
    V1.0.0_B03 download is live!!!!

KoolKit V1.0.0_B03 is Live!!! Downloads available in the OP

Next release will be V1.0.1_RC1 and will retain all of the previous beta enhancements and patches as well a a new 4-way reboot thanks to @RErick
    you can see his work HERE and make sure to click on his thanks button.