[APP] Mi2raw – enables capturing real raw! (G2 official thread)

Search This thread

solfx

Oct 22, 2012
Hi all,

Is there anyone here having a D800 (AT&T) with a properly working Mi2Raw?
If yes, please share the ROM and kernel you use.

After testing several configurations with @khaytsus it seems like it the app won't work on D800.

countryfolk07

Hi all,

Is there anyone here having a D800 (AT&T) with a properly working Mi2Raw?
If yes, please share the ROM and kernel you use.

After testing several configurations with @khaytsus it seems like it the app won't work on D800.
I have it working. On stock rooted at&t ROM though. The only mods I have are xposed and dpi change.

Reactions: solfx

solfx

Oct 22, 2012
Hi,

Towards the next version release, I would like to make Mi2raw a multi language app.
The translation is a very simple process and requires 15-20 mins and a decent English + photo understanding.
If you would like to participate, please send me a PM with the language you would like to translate to.

Thanks!

Apr 28, 2012
Timer and HDR

It's amazing what you've developed here. I have a couple of suggestions for the next update.

1)You could add a self timer for taking crisp photos, RAW could definitely benefit from eliminating the minute shake when used along with a tripod.

2)The shutter speed and iso selected by the software could be shown real time as opposed to selecting AE lock.

3)Could RAW HDR be included similar to the way Pentax K-3 does. Or maybe bracketing?

Would definitely make photography as a whole even more immersive with these inclusions. :)

defcomg

Dec 10, 2006
It's amazing what you've developed here. I have a couple of suggestions for the next update.

1)You could add a self timer for taking crisp photos, RAW could definitely benefit from eliminating the minute shake when used along with a tripod.

2)The shutter speed and iso selected by the software could be shown real time as opposed to selecting AE lock.

3)Could RAW HDR be included similar to the way Pentax K-3 does. Or maybe bracketing?

Would definitely make photography as a whole even more immersive with these inclusions. :)

Number 2 is impossible until Android L Currently Does not have an api for that and exif interface seems to only read JPEG metadata. The only Other way is a build prop line that dumps metadata into a bin file but that needs ZSL to be enabled and if that's enabled raw does not work.

marosteeha

Nov 17, 2010
Hi,

Towards the next version release, I would like to make Mi2raw a multi language app.
The translation is a very simple process and requires 15-20 mins and a decent English + photo understanding.
If you would like to participate, please send me a PM with the language you would like to translate to.

Thanks!

Hey I could help translate it into Spanish, I am colombian, grew up in the US, living in Colombia again. I am sooo happy I found something like this that I'll happily five you my time, well... If you're interested in translating it into Spanish

Sent from my LG-D805 using XDA Free mobile app

defcomg

Dec 10, 2006
All is lovely.Thanks for dev and hard work.One suggestion please add "Select Resolution" and "Save Directory"

Raw always uses sensor max Res due to the fact the data is untouched so no cropping etc.

Save Directory Exists in version 2.7 update to latest playstore version if you don't have said option.

solfx

Oct 22, 2012

1. Good idea, I'll make an effort to embed it.
2. @defcomg answered correctly
3. Possible but it is an extreme memory consumer. From my test, it may crash from time to time. Working on.

Hey I could help translate it into Spanish, I am colombian, grew up in the US, living in Colombia again. I am sooo happy I found something like this that I'll happily five you my time, well... If you're interested in translating it into Spanish

Sent from my LG-D805 using XDA Free mobile app

Thanks, sent you a PM

Reactions: didhiy

Dri94

Oct 9, 2011
Florida
this is the only thread i refresh daily. awaiting so eagerly the next release so i can have a working version :)))

kryogenik

Dec 17, 2007
Yes, yes. I know the second shot is noisy but just wanted to show what's possible by just editing on the phone.

6uzypa4y.jpg

e3ujajy2.jpg

5ytevera.jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Overview:
    Turn your device into a professional camera!
    Mi2raw reveals the raw images capture feature. You can edit and manipulate these files freely in any software that supports DNG file (like Adobe camera raw, Lightroom & etc.)

Currently supported devices:
    - Xiaomi MI2/s/a
    - Xiaomi MI3
    - LG G2
    - ZTE Nubia Z5sn
    - OnePlus One

Changelist:
    Version 2.9 (20140901):

- Bug fix: now the DNG sync with PC without rebooting.
    - DNG browser: long click to open in a DNG interpreter app.
    - Added: French and Arabic translations (view credits).

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Version 2.8 (20140820):

- New in-app DNG thumbnail browser
    - New "fast auto" ISO feature for MI2/s/a, MI3 only
    - Translated to: Bulgarian, Czech, Italian, Chinese (Traditional & Simplified), Slovak, Spanish. See credits in settings and in app description.
    - Default save directory for new user is under DCIM
    - Improved UI
    - Improved orientation

Version 2.7 (20140806):

- ZTE Nubia Z5sn is now suported
    - MI2: patch won't be applied if API isn't 4.1
    - New file dialog when choosing "save images to". Fixes folder creation bug on MI3.

Version 2.6 (20140803):

- 0.7 second on MI2s!
    - LG G2 and MI3 are now supported!
    - Camera driver patch for MI2 - requires root (thanks @M1cha & @Wajk)
    - Improved shutter animation and better sync with shutter sound to actual shot
    - Added geo-tagging
    - New amazing icon thanks to @endia
    - Added 2 continuous focus modes
    - Smaller DNG thumbnail
    - Zebra doesn't always worked - fixed
    - Lossless compression option added - DNG 1.4 and up
    - Orientation is now embedded in DNG
    - AEL button fix

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maginmp.app.mi2raw

Changelists before version 2.6 + list of features HERE

Mi2raw Google+ page

If you find a bug please reply here or email me maginmp@gmail.com

Developed by MaGin (A.K.A Solf)
    is it possible to have a jpeg copy taken alongside dng file so it could be previewed in gallery? (i'm using quickpic which doesn't seem to see dng files, or am i missing something?)

The DNG contains a small thumbnail (240x180). Unfortunately, I haven't seen yet an Android app which capable of using this thumbnail for preview purposes (maybe I'll integrate in the future such feature in the app). But keep in mind that this preview isn't the decoded raw itself, it is the image from the camera preview from a moment before a picture was taken.
    Pulling both raw & OEM's processed jpg is so far not possible.

yes, well worth it for this feature alone :laugh:
    just don't expect miracles in low light since G2's tiny sensor can't handle it and it's super noisy, obviously (there's always room for some editing though). but in good lighting conditions it's glorious.

Regarding low light:
    Try NeatImage plug-in for Photoshop. If calibrated properly (there is a tutorial for this), you will be amazed by the result.

To the author: Do you have any plans of supporting very long exposures for night scenes with this app?

AFAIK, it is not supported by the HAL. I'll check what I can do.

on my dslr camera, when i shoot in raw format it gives me much more editing capabilities in adobe lightroom (exposure, shadow adjusts, sharpness, color tone...) than it does with tiff or especially jpeg formats...

Tiff and DNG are only the wrappers for the data (like mov, mp4, avi files which wrap a certain video codec bytestream).
    DNG is the successor of Tiff 6.0 and adds some features to it. A feature that is available in DNG and not in Tiff is raw wrapping (with everything that comes with it).
    What is raw? People sometimes mistakenly think that uncompressed pictures, pictures without denoise or pictures with less contrast are raw.
    Actually, when we mention raw in photography context, we mean the CFA (color filter array) image that comes directly from the sensor at the max bit depth the platform allows and most important - it is linear.
    CFA image lets you choose your preferred demosaic algorithm + defected pixel correction algorithm
    Higher bit-depth gives you more latitude for extracting details which are quantized when switching to 8-bit.
    Linear image is the image before the gamma is applied. It is the only way you can really manipulate white balance and color matching (you can even try to match you colors to be Nikon-like for instance).
    Basically other algorithms come after performing the above, so they are equivalent to working on 16 bit tiff.
    I know you might be familiar with parts of what I wrote or maybe even with all of that, but I've tried to show the big picture to fall in line and maybe it will be helpful to other users :)
    And of course this is a brief top view of the things, so there are few inaccuracies just to make things simple.

Man, please tell me that D800 is coming? :3 That shot looks INCREDIBLE!!!

Should work on D800. Have you tried?

Wow my G2 turn into PRO Camera :laugh:

Use these to convert to .jpg
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tssystems.rawdecoder

I suggest to use this app for preview only. Much better results can be achieved with Photoshop.
    New version is out!
    And a new version is out!
    Sooooooo much goodness from this Mi2Raw! Thanks for such a great app!! :good::good::good:
    Photos editet on phone via Photoshop Express