[ROM] AtrICS v2.0 by Team Hope [build: 20121114][Final]

Search This thread

irha

Nov 18, 2010
CM9 has a differnt ramdisk, so it won't boot. you need the atrics specific kernel

Thanks for confirming, trying as I type.

Would it be possible to also run full linux with this rom, instead of bringing up webtop when connected to lapdock? I am basically not very interested in webtop, so I have been trying out different roms to see which one will be a good option. So far, I got the best results with a CM10 rom by epinter, but the kernel is very unstable on it (crashes even when the display goes to sleep), so thought of giving this ICS based rom a try.

andresrivas

Aug 4, 2010
Córdoba
Thanks for confirming, trying as I type.

Would it be possible to also run full linux with this rom, instead of bringing up webtop when connected to lapdock? I am basically not very interested in webtop, so I have been trying out different roms to see which one will be a good option. So far, I got the best results with a CM10 rom by epinter, but the kernel is very unstable on it (crashes even when the display goes to sleep), so thought of giving this ICS based rom a try.

AFAIK, you can't. you can, however run it within webtop

irha

Nov 18, 2010
AFAIK, you can't. you can, however run it within webtop
That could be acceptable, I will give that a shot.

Meanwhile, I think I got it to work after flashing the new kernel, but I don't seem to get good resolution. I am attaching a snap of how the dock status looks like.

c8f1f595eb5b1562803b05d1d99e8b66.jpg

As per the icon in the notification area, I am in the Webtop mode (I also get its welcome screen immediately after docking), but there is no option to change the resolution in the display settings, though the Webtop help indicates it. I also tried smart actions to set the screen timeout when inserted in the dock and that too doesn't trigger. Is this expected?

BTW, when I removed it once from the dock, I had it hard reset, is this a known issue?

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

CM9 has a differnt ramdisk, so it won't boot. you need the atrics specific kernel
I forgot to ask, do I still need to flash the deep sleep fix from the OP?

DooMaster

Nov 15, 2008
Puerto Montt
That could be acceptable, I will give that a shot.

Meanwhile, I think I got it to work after flashing the new kernel, but I don't seem to get good resolution. I am attaching a snap of how the dock status looks like.

As per the icon in the notification area, I am in the Webtop mode (I also get its welcome screen immediately after docking), but there is no option to change the resolution in the display settings, though the Webtop help indicates it. I also tried smart actions to set the screen timeout when inserted in the dock and that too doesn't trigger. Is this expected?

BTW, when I removed it once from the dock, I had it hard reset, is this a known issue?

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

I forgot to ask, do I still need to flash the deep sleep fix from the OP?

The resolution is fine, it's the native from Lapdock (1366x768), but its the overscan settings that you need to fit all the content in the screen. AFAIK that option is broken (doesnt work). Sometimes I cant enter the resolutions settings and even if I change something it's doesnt do anything on lapdock. If you connect with HD Dock to a FullHD TV you can get 1920x1080 well fit cause TV's do overscan (almost all).

For removal from dock, you should close the lapdock and then undock for preventing reboots, but from time to time it happens.

About deepsleep, dunno.

Reactions: irha

digisylk

Oct 10, 2012
AtrLCS v2

This Rom works great with games, I have tested NBA 2k14, Injustice Gods Among Us, Dead Trigger2 NBA Jam and they all work very well. Also my lapdock works with webtop 3.0 i was able to play 1080p video in youtube, Not sue if the dock res is up to 1080p , but the viedo did played. My wifi is on and my blue tooth. The phone is networklock so i cant tell if mobile is work ing however if I do a mobile network searc it does find all the carriers in my country so i i guess its safe to say that works. Fingerprint works great only issues is I had no music app or gallary app but thats easy to solve because play store works so i downloaded them from there. What else i can say oh yeah battery life is horrible though just a few hrs thou i must point out i am on wifi, blue tooth and gps is on all the time..... I got about 7hrs and that included playing games , playing around 1 hrs straight mp3 and some downloading.

Overall Very good job guys this rom I believe is the first daily drive for a ics rom that gives you everything the stock GB rom gave yo and more.,

PS I know these things may have been said already but being real there is a lot of pages here so if there is anyone who is seeking for the latest update on the rom I hope they will see this and it can answer some of there questions.

lincer556

Dec 26, 2012
Buenos Aires
This Rom works great with games, I have tested NBA 2k14, Injustice Gods Among Us, Dead Trigger2 NBA Jam and they all work very well. Also my lapdock works with webtop 3.0 i was able to play 1080p video in youtube, Not sue if the dock res is up to 1080p , but the viedo did played. My wifi is on and my blue tooth. The phone is networklock so i cant tell if mobile is work ing however if I do a mobile network searc it does find all the carriers in my country so i i guess its safe to say that works. Fingerprint works great only issues is I had no music app or gallary app but thats easy to solve because play store works so i downloaded them from there. What else i can say oh yeah battery life is horrible though just a few hrs thou i must point out i am on wifi, blue tooth and gps is on all the time..... I got about 7hrs and that included playing games , playing around 1 hrs straight mp3 and some downloading.

Overall Very good job guys this rom I believe is the first daily drive for a ics rom that gives you everything the stock GB rom gave yo and more.,

PS I know these things may have been said already but being real there is a lot of pages here so if there is anyone who is seeking for the latest update on the rom I hope they will see this and it can answer some of there questions.

Did you installed 2014 or 2012?

digisylk

Oct 10, 2012
Did you installed 2014 or 2012?

I installed the 2014 of the rom v2 full vendor lite 65MB version deep sleep 2 and vol wake . I must say I have no issues so far except for the battery drain and the phone getting a little hot ...

But i wonder if this can be fix using set cpu to control the cpu frequency ? anyone can answer this ? !!!!!! !!!!! !!!!! !!!!! !!!!! !!!!!!$$%%II####((**####

lincer556

Dec 26, 2012
Buenos Aires
I installed the 2014 of the rom v2 full vendor lite 65MB version deep sleep 2 and vol wake . I must say I have no issues so far except for the battery drain and the phone getting a little hot ...

But i wonder if this can be fix using set cpu to control the cpu frequency ? anyone can answer this ? !!!!!! !!!!! !!!!! !!!!! !!!!! !!!!!!$$%%II####((**####

Try this, backup /system/app/FastDormancy.apk and then go ahead and delete it, reboot and try.

digisylk

Oct 10, 2012
Try this, backup /system/app/FastDormancy.apk and then go ahead and delete it, reboot and try.

Where should I do this in CWM recovery or root explorer?

By the way cpu master seem to have the frequencies at by however for some reason its reading the max speed as 1200 which is odd because its not a over clock kernel therefore it should be 1000. I use profiles to keep it at bay for now But I will test the above suggestion and see how that goes.

andresrivas

Aug 4, 2010
Córdoba
Where should I do this in CWM recovery or root explorer?

By the way cpu master seem to have the frequencies at by however for some reason its reading the max speed as 1200 which is odd because its not a over clock kernel therefore it should be 1000. I use profiles to keep it at bay for now But I will test the above suggestion and see how that goes.

In root explorer

That frecuency is defined in ramdisk, which you need to edit to fix it. also the min freq.

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

Which kernel? The atrics original kernel has a very very high battery consumption. Try some of the krystianp's kernels

DooMaster

Nov 15, 2008
Puerto Montt

2014 ROM? and you have mobile data working?

IMO for frequency you have to set min to 216, by default 316 is min, which in part is the cause of more temp, and remember Android 4.0+ uses more CPU so it will cause the device hooter thant GB 2.3

irha

Nov 18, 2010
The resolution is fine, it's the native from Lapdock (1366x768), but its the overscan settings that you need to fit all the content in the screen. AFAIK that option is broken (doesnt work). Sometimes I cant enter the resolutions settings and even if I change something it's doesnt do anything on lapdock. If you connect with HD Dock to a FullHD TV you can get 1920x1080 well fit cause TV's do overscan (almost all).

For removal from dock, you should close the lapdock and then undock for preventing reboots, but from time to time it happens.

About deepsleep, dunno.
It doesn't look like native resolution to me, though don't know how to validate it. The text on the terminal is not legible even when I change it from 10pt to 12pt. I don't know what overscan is, but I can see that the full screen real estate is not being used, which is very sad. Stability wise, I like this rom more than any other that I tried so far (mainly from the point of using full linux install with lapdock), but I need to be able to get a decent resolution to use X11 via VNC. Anybody using linux install with this rom?

Update: Actually, never having used webtop, I didn't know what to expect. After watching the video at http://www.androidcentral.com/hands-atrix-4g-and-laptop-dock I realized that I am just seeing a mirror of the phone screen (albeit switched to tablet interface) rather than getting a linux desktop with the phone interface as a window. Is this expected? How do I get the full webtop interface?

Last edited:

DooMaster

Nov 15, 2008
Puerto Montt
It doesn't look like native resolution to me, though don't know how to validate it. The text on the terminal is not legible even when I change it from 10pt to 12pt. I don't know what overscan is, but I can see that the full screen real estate is not being used, which is very sad. Stability wise, I like this rom more than any other that I tried so far (mainly from the point of using full linux install with lapdock), but I need to be able to get a decent resolution to use X11 via VNC. Anybody using linux install with this rom?

Update: Actually, never having used webtop, I didn't know what to expect. After watching the video at http://www.androidcentral.com/hands-atrix-4g-and-laptop-dock I realized that I am just seeing a mirror of the phone screen (albeit switched to tablet interface) rather than getting a linux desktop with the phone interface as a window. Is this expected? How do I get the full webtop interface?

You can validate the resolution with CPU-Z (Install it from Play), overscan it's a bug from older TVs that couldnt present all the content in screen, losing content in the edges. Now TV's keep doing that, so you have to adjust it from TV or from device.

Tablet mode it's not a mirror, its more like a Monitor out mode, cause it's uses the monitor/tv resolution.

Anyway if you want true Linux, i'm afraid you have to switch back to a Blur GB ROM, I think Krystianp manage to use Linux Webtop http://youtu.be/QRFH9dCqH9c , but never seen how he do it.

Reactions: irha

irha

Nov 18, 2010
You can validate the resolution with CPU-Z (Install it from Play), overscan it's a bug from older TVs that couldnt present all the content in screen, losing content in the edges. Now TV's keep doing that, so you have to adjust it from TV or from device.

Tablet mode it's not a mirror, its more like a Monitor out mode, cause it's uses the monitor/tv resolution.

Anyway if you want true Linux, i'm afraid you have to switch back to a Blur GB ROM, I think Krystianp manage to use Linux Webtop http://youtu.be/QRFH9dCqH9c , but never seen how he do it.

Yes, I found this news article that explains that in webtop 3.0, Motorola got rid off the linux desktop and replaced it with the ICS tablet UI. I am totally fine with that, I just wanted to make sure what I got is as expected. The video you linked shows exactly the same thing (no linux webtop), but it is interesting that he got it to use the full screen real estate, where as I have a black bar around. I ran CPU-Z and it reports 1366x768, but the rendering definitely looks inferior. I will attach the screenshots shortly.

Update: see the first picture below for the black bar. In the set of picture, the font looks really low resolution and you can that the second line where it says "Screen resolution in dp" has some missing pixels. If the font is smaller, these missing pixels would make that line illegible.

052e86656ee0e3ae870a5eec79360121.jpg

f504cfcf8ce32c690a7aa2abd5a4e5d5.jpg

Last edited:

DooMaster

Nov 15, 2008
Puerto Montt
Yes, I found this news article that explains that in webtop 3.0, Motorola got rid off the linux desktop and replaced it with the ICS tablet UI. I am totally fine with that, I just wanted to make sure what I got is as expected. The video you linked shows exactly the same thing (no linux webtop), but it is interesting that he got it to use the full screen real estate, where as I have a black bar around. I ran CPU-Z and it reports 1366x768, but the rendering definitely looks inferior. I will attach the screenshots shortly.

Update: see the first picture below for the black bar. In the set of picture, the font looks really low resolution and you can that the second line where it says "Screen resolution in dp" has some missing pixels. If the font is smaller, these missing pixels would make that line illegible.

Yes, is totally spected Webtop 3.0 in ICS.
Again, the black bar is because the display of the lapdock doesnt overscan. You can read further in this article
What happens is the 1366x768 pixels are shrinking in a say, 1200x700 pixels, thats why it looks "low resolution" and fonts are illegible.
The broken options is:
Encoger para ajustar a pantalla (Shrink to adjust screen): it's always ON, no matter this box is checked or not, so always is shrinking the image so in TV will lock fine, But with Lapdock you dont have to Shrink, because it's display doesnt overscan.
7ileSg.png

In the video it appears that he has the same problem, sadly haven seen any properly fit lapdock screen with Webtop 3.0, but that's not the case of mirroring in Epinters CM10 or MROM CM7, it's fits rights, but is mirroring and has no resolution change.

Last edited:

digisylk

Oct 10, 2012
Update !!!

First i tried the suggestion to deleted FastDormancy.apk and that did not help , but it was worth the try and thanks for the idea.
Second I am not sure how to edit ramdisk , Any idea where its located ?
Third I notice the battery can not charge past 85%, I have tried to wiping the battery stats and that did not help.
Forth anyone happen to have the links to krystianp's kernels been searching but i am seeing alt of results and dont want to chance flashing the wrong kernel. reason being ( I use ibm notes on my phone for work emails and each time I flash a rom i have to call tech support to authorize access again on the domino server , called like 4 times so far this week).

New Update!!!!
After restoring back the FastDormancy.apk I rebooted the phone and when i open cpu master there is was 216mhz :) so i guess deleting it reboot then add it back and reboot will get you the right cpu speed range 216 - 1000. Thanks for the help . Now what i want to fix is the charging pass 85%
using an external charger will get you up to 100% but charging from the phone wont .

Last edited:

DooMaster

Nov 15, 2008
Puerto Montt
Update !!!

First i tried the suggestion to deleted FastDormancy.apk and that did not help , but it was worth the try and thanks for the idea.
Second I am not sure how to edit ramdisk , Any idea where its located ?
Third I notice the battery can not charge past 85%, I have tried to wiping the battery stats and that did not help.
Forth anyone happen to have the links to krystianp's kernels been searching but i am seeing alt of results and dont want to chance flashing the wrong kernel. reason being ( I use ibm notes on my phone for work emails and each time I flash a rom i have to call tech support to authorize access again on the domino server , called like 4 times so far this week).

New Update!!!!
After restoring back the FastDormancy.apk I rebooted the phone and when i open cpu master there is was 216mhz :) so i guess deleting it reboot then add it back and reboot will get you the right cpu speed range 216 - 1000. Thanks for the help . Now what i want to fix is the charging pass 85%
using an external charger will get you up to 100% but charging from the phone wont .

Use Krystianp's Kernel Dropbox
Interesting about FastDormancy, going to try that.

Best Regards

digisylk

Oct 10, 2012
Use Krystianp's Kernel Dropbox
Interesting about FastDormancy, going to try that.

Best Regards

Rebooted the phone and the cpu speed range is back to 312 -1000 so i guess it was just a temp fix.
Also I just bought an unlock come to unlock the sim t test mobile data and that doesnt work even with Krystianp's latest drop box kernel released 7 weeks ago. Oh yeah and 1 bar for high speed network for correct bars for 2 g ( signal bars)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introducing AtrICS v2.0!
    by Team Hope

Unfortunately, thehope was unable to continue development of AtrICS.
    So Team Hope was created to step in to help deliver what you were denied: A beautiful stock ICS experience.

This ROM is pure stock and fully Blured: nothing added and nothing removed. We intend to keep it that way.
    Please don't ask for battery mods, quick panels, track skipping with the volume rocker, etc.
    In time, mods will appear in the themes and apps section.

All members of Team Hope each have their own projects. This means updates may not come as frequently as you would like.
    Please be patient. The team will do it's best to fix as many major problems as possible.
    Some problems, if hardware related, may not be fixable within a reasonable time frame (sorry).
    In the mean time, enjoy the gift we were given.

This ROM is an open source gift to the community. It may used as a base for your own ROM, just be sure to give credit to Team Hope and provide a link back to this thread.
    It would also be appreciated if you would share any fixes or improvements with the community to help make AtrICS even better.

What's new?
    Aside from changelog information, all the apps you have heard about and wanted to play with are available.
    These include: SmartActions and the Weather Widget

Not Working
    If you had problems with That ROM, AtrICS v1.0, or ICSROM (reboots, overheating, screen tearing),
    then you will probably have them with this ROM too (for now).

Changelog
    Build: 20121114
    Deodexed
    Enabled balanced power mode
    Battery life / temp improvements
    1% battery / no carrier / volume wake

Build: 20121103
    Removed a few apps (notably DLNA and Rich Location)
    Modified build.prop
    Moved the keyboard and dictionary to /system/app
    Compatible with ICSROM Vendor Lite

Build: 20121025
    (Initial release)
    (based on 6.7.119)
    Busyboxed
    Removed debugging and logging apps
    Disabled data monitoring and tracking
    Enabled force 2G/3G (100R radio only)
    Modified build.prop
    Replaced all missing stock apps
    Disabled deep sleep
    (power menu option - not to be confused with CPU deep sleep mode)

Installation
    Flash at your own risk!!!

First Time Installation
    Nandroid backup
    Wipe cache, data, Dalvik
    Format /system
    Format /osh
    Flash vendor
    Flash ROM
    Reboot

Update
    Nandroid backup
    Wipe cache, Dalvik
    Flash ROM
    Reboot

Download
    My AFH Atrix Folder
    Build: 20121114
    MD5: FB3126996C21B3DEAB24B036C9BCE0CA

Be sure to check posts 2 & 3 for additional information and downloads.

I will not respond to help requests via PM.
    Please post your question on one of my threads.

What can you do?
    _Alex_ was kind enough to create a wiki for "That Rom" (please thank him!).
    Since both ROMs are closely related, it would be helpful to continue to use it for bug reports and fixes.

Providing logcats would be very helpful, but please be judicious. Posting a 10 page logcat is not very helpful.
    Editing to remove non-error related processes will make the logcat much more useful. Logcats in color are the most helpful.
    Post edited logcats but please save the orignal. You can even do it on your phone with aLogcat (Play Store).

Logcats capturing the following errors will be extremely helpful:
    Dropped cellular data connection
    SD Card related reboots

Logcat Resources:
    http://developer.android.com/tools/help/adb.html
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1726238
    http://adrianvintu.com/blogengine/post/Colored-Logcat-Script-for-Windows.aspx

Team_Hope_small.jpg
    I'm posting it here as you are the most interested in that part of the project.

Lapdock on 3.1.10
    I strongly recommend doing a clean install of this build.

AtrICS v2.0 build 20121114
    Deodexed
    Enabled balanced power mode (Nvidia app)
    build.prop tweaks which improved battery life and reduced battery temp in most recent version of ICSROM

Enable Balanced Power
    (go to System settings, Display, tick Enable Balanced Power)
    This setting will reduce power consumption at the expense of performance.
    For example, with balanced power enabled, frame rates will never get above ~35 FPS.
    I strongly suggest not enabling balanced power for graphics intensive applications
    (navigation with car dock, gaming, etc)

Deodexing
    This allows for easier mods and theming
    Allows me to share some of the mods from ICSROM (available in Themes & Apps section tonight)
    Good news, looks like the last commit/merge on ninja kernel fixes deep sleep issue

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    I don't know what's causing OTG problems on our kernel. I was hoping it's USB+uart but its not only that, at least not directly. My only way to solve that issue (and hopefully few others we have) is to patch my kernel until it matches our main kernel (and of course testing it still works after some amount of patches). I did quick comparison and our main kernel is 1300 commits ahead of my kernel. I really hope at least 300 can be skipped but still it's a lot of work. I don't expect to be able to apply more than 50 patches a day. Unless it goes smothly which (from my experience) doesn't happens often.