Or Continue to Thread: --[FIX]--SkyDragon G3 USB Fix
Find Your Device:
21st August 2014, 11:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Tigard, OR
Thanks Meter: 9

12 posts
More
Like many of you new flashers, I have flashed the SkyDragon ROM and have noticed that there is no connectivity to the computer whatsoever, so I did a little digging. I went back and forth between 2 Nandroid backups and kept flashing parts of them until I could narrow down where this problem was coming from. I found out that it comes from the specific folder - data/property

There is a missing file called persist.sys.usb.config ,13B in size, and I have no idea what it does (maybe some of you could enlighten me) but throwing the old file into that folder, changing the permissions to rw-------- and rebooting worked like a charm.

I apologize for not sticking this into the development thread, however I'm a lurker with no input!

Without further ado,

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY BORKEN DEVICES. IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING, DON'T DO IT!

1. Download Root Browser and RB Text Editor
2. Navigate to /data/property
3. On the bottom bar, tap the "New" button
4. Click on "New file"
5. Enter the file name as follows:
persist.sys.usb.config
6. Click the file you just made and hit "Open as..."
7. Hit "Text file"
8. Click RB Text editor
9. Delete whatever is there and enter as follows:
auto_conf,adb
No spaces or caps!
10. Save the file by clicking the save button on the top right corner.
11. Reboot your phone
12.Profit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steal this information, spread it around, someone post it to the development thread and make this ROM better!

If you're having any problems, don't hesitate to ask
Last edited by 88keys6strings; 22nd August 2014 at 05:40 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 88keys6strings For This Useful Post: [ View ]