Or Continue to Thread: Root without SU app?
Find Your Device:
25th August 2014, 06:56 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Edmonton, AB
Thanks Meter: 17

182 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft

Some questions are asked over and over. Which is why we can tell that you didn't do a search or take ten minutes to read a few threads - you couldn't have avoided finding the answers if you had. You'd also have gotten a quicker answer if you had tried searching.

Super SU won't increment Knox by itself. The flash counter per se can be reset. It's a widely respected and robust app and you didn't give any specific reason why you wouldn't want to use it. If you remove Super SU without manually adding more cumbersome alternatives, you won't be rooted anymore. If it is your intention to remove root, then go ahead. If you want to remain rooted, then you should do some reading as it would seem that you don't understand what Super SU does.

Thanks for the quick reply. I actually Googled and read through the few rooting threads I found but couldn't find the answer for this specific question. Towelroot rooted the phone and supersu was not installed. I don't want to increase flash counter or have custom status as I want to continue to receive OTA updates. I only rooted to access a sql dB which I needed to modify.

I was never under the impression that SU will trip knox, I was wondering if it would trip my flash counter. Also, my question was based more on security. If I don't have supersu to allow root access I would assume any app can get it and would that be a security issue?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by tawheed12; 25th August 2014 at 07:00 AM.