Or Continue to Thread: [Q] Where/How to start devolep…
Find Your Device:
28th August 2014, 04:19 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 1,591

2,266 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedWireZ

For awhile now I've wanted to start getting into coding/development.. I want to make apps for Android, but I don't know where to start, or how I would go about learning. I currently use Code Academy to get the basics down, but I was wondering if anyone could actually help me get going?
(Also sorry if I posted in the wrong area. I'm kinda new to the whole forum thing)

In order to develop apps for Android you will need a good understanding of Java. Since it sounds like you have some previous programming experience from Code Academy (I used there Python track as a basis for learning Python and it was great), I would recommend checking out this great free course from Udemy, (Free and material is self paced) on the basics of Java development. To move on to Android then I would recommend checking out the official Android developer training and documentation. Also XDA's app development forum section has a wealth of information for Android app development. Let me know if you still have questions.
The Following User Says Thank You to shimp208 For This Useful Post: [ View ]