mako & hammerhead
Slim mod 5.1.1.build.0.3-20150524
- Source sync: Slim, AOSP (to LMY48B) , CM AudioFx/Terminal
- Update to 5.1.1 vendor blobs for mako and hh
- Fixed not booting mako kernel
- Updated slim mako and hh kernels (try them!)
- Removed hh bootloader version check in the install script
- Fix system unmount warning in twrp
- Base: Fix bug of unnecessary wakeups after completed syncs
- Set initial custom dpi value to 300 for mako and 460 for hammerhead (PS: no need to install gapps multidpi addon, and you can set another value under Display-LCD density)
- Fix IME key causing navbar icons to re-align
- Last-app and torch material icons
- Unlink volumes: checkboxpreference to switchpreference
- Quick Settings: added Expanded desktop tile
- Quick Settings: add long press for the Notification(audio) tile
- Chamber of Secrets (see here a quick how-to about the Chamber powers:
- SlimActions and Slim shortcuts (you can add them through the "Widget" panel of Nova, or any other launcher that supports shortcuts
- DocumentsUI: Add navigation bar color
- DeskClock: allow disabling the alarm icon in the status bar
- Blacklist support for calls and messages
Installation and kernels - IMPORTANT
- Ensure you have latest bootloader and radio from 5.1.x factory images.
- If you come from another rom do a factory reset and wipe system/caches. If you come from my previous 5.1.x builds, wipe system/caches (it's important for this build too).
- After flashing the rom zip in twrp, flash slim gapps (not the "full" one, the system partition on n4 and n5 isn't big enough), then reboot and enjoy.
- Recommended kernels: stock Slim // Alternative tested kernels: Semaphore on n4, Hellscore or CodeBlue on n5
Tips about some features:
Build additional features
compared to stock Slim (Please read it before asking where to find a setting):
PS: this list also contains links to all commits if you want to cherry-pick them: https://github.com/ezio84/scripts/bl...with-links.txt
PS: if you have problems, call A-team or clean flash.
Old Slimkat build:
Additional Slimkat features
+ Compiled with sabermod4.8 + Justarchi's O3, upgraded from stock Google/Slim SQLite 3.7.11 (2012) to SQLite 3.8.6 (2014), switch from FloatMath to Math in framework_base, stock Slim kernel.
+ Lollipop fonts and bootanimation
+ Embedded Screen Recorder. You can choose the video bitrate or record the audio from the mic. When the record is stopped, a screenshot-style preview notification is showed. Settings are under "System tools > Screen Recorder". You can start it with Power+VolumUp or enable an entry in the power menu.
+ Show which apps are being optimized when rebuilding art/dalvik.
+ Battery saver: switch to 2g when screen off. If your carrier has 2G support you could save some battery enabling the power saving mode (when display is off) under Settings > More... > Mobile networks. If you need LTE and the network mode doesn't switch to 4g, you have to disable this feature.
+ New TRLS mode. Best way to handle it is to enable the automatic trds switch (daytime or light conditions). After a clean flash, switch TRDS on/off one time to activate it.
+ InCall Vocal Recorder. When a call is opened, a record button appears, click on it to record the call. TIps: enable the external speaker to record the interlocutor's voice too. In the Dialer settings you can choose the audio file format. In the call history you can play all recorded calls with a specific contact.
+ Simple Explore by DF1E instead of Slim File Manager (same small size, material interface, a lot of fixes and updates).
+ Lockscreen notifications, settings are under "Security". Enable and disable "privacy mode" the first time you flash the rom to get it working as expected.
+ Pocket mode, settings are under "Security". Screens goes on when you extract the phone from the pocket, goes off when you put it back in the pocket.
+ "Lockscreen wallpaper" and "See through" features. To enable "See through" go to "Security>See Through", to enable LsW go to "Display>Wallpaper>Lockscreen" and choose your image then apply a blur effect if you want it. Please don't enable both features.
+ Disable heads up in lockscreen, useful if you have already enabled lockscreen notifications; settings are under “Interface > Notifications & QS”.
+ Disable 2tap2sleep on the statusbar, it’s a really nice feature but some users would like to disable it when using a cover and the screen is accidentaly double tapped; settings are under "Interface > Status bar".
+ Network upload and download speed in the statusbar; settings are under "Interface > Status bar".
When it can be useful? E.g.: "Right now I'm uploading the build with my phone to Androidfilehost, and I have Chrome in background while writing on Tapatalk and hangouts. With the upload speeds shown in the status bar I can check if the upload process is still going fine."
+ Advanced download manager (expand the downloads notification and you'll be able to pause/resume or stop them); enabled by default.
+ Removed the white camera icon in the lockscreen when the camera widget is disabled.
Some old Slimkat github commits if you want to check the source or build by yourself