Quote:
Originally Posted by Repoman123 View Post
Hello,

So i managed to get a simcard with free data on it, the only thing I had to do was cut it into a micro SIM but I didn't want to wait for a cutter to arrive in the post off eBay etc. So I used a template that i found online.

Unfortunately, because of my rubbish cutting skills the SIM is now stuck in the tray and it won't come out. I think it was too wide and when I put it in, it didn't actually click the the SIM should.

I've tried tweezers and a safety pin but had no luck. Initially the tablet was reading the SIM but it won't anymore. I don't care about that all I want to do is remove the SIM.

Does anyone know how I could possibly remove the sim? There is pretty much no room around the sim in the tray. Looks like I'm stuck.

It's the 8.4 inch screen version tablet if that helps.

Many thanks

Sent from my SM-T705 using XDA Free mobile app

I got the same problem when i cut my standard sim..i dont have any template with me, only a spare micro sim. It got stuck as well. But what I did was pushbit further in first (to unlock the sim) then use a sharp cutter/xacto-knife to carefull pull the sim out.

I saw your PM and the instructions on how to open the back cover is in the "battery draining" thread. You need a prying tool that looks like a guitar pick. Simply work your way around starting at the bottom USB port.

Best luck mate