Or Continue to Thread: [DEVS ONLY][BCM21553] Samsung …
Find Your Device:
2nd September 2014, 12:00 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 514

252 posts
Donate to Me
As someone already might know, I'm streambinder, from MoltenMotherBoard team.
I have already followed some projects for the GT-S5300, but especially kept in contact
with some of the events related to the porting of ROM and Kernel sources for BCM21553 chipset based devices.

In this precise moment, the sources in my possession allow you to be able to compile
a bugfree CWM 5.0.2.8 (based on CyanogenMod 7 code) with a kernel based on the Samsung stock one.
The only - fundamental - problem was due to the fact that unless I hadn't used the prebuilt INIT binary
token in the Samsung stock firmware boot.img, the phone would not work - or, better, boot up.
This means that until the situation - regarding this issue - doesn't change, our access to the porting of custom ROM
would be barred.

Recently, I decided to give Cori another chance and rework my sources, looking at the wonderful work brought
by the BroadcomCM team on CyanogenMod 9 (in particular, thanks to @bieltv.3 and @Alberto96) and @psyke83 on CyanogenMod 11.
They've not only been able to run these two ROMs in a more or less crude way, but this developer has been able to write
the necessary strings to make the INIT binary of some of these BCM21553 devices opensource.

Strong of this informations, I readjusted some of the sources of BroadcomCM's CyangenMod 9, which includes
all the progress carried out by both the team and psyke83, in order to make them work even on Cori,
and am now next to the first test of the CWM 6.X.X.X, based on IceCreamSandwich code.
At the same time, @akhbh is working on the KitKat code based CWM.

I hope I can give more information about any progress as soon as possible.
Last edited by streambinder; 3rd September 2014 at 09:25 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to streambinder For This Useful Post: [ View ]