[ROM+KERNEL][GT-N51XX]FlexBurst rom & KK_Runner kernel[DISCONTINUED]

Search This thread

CCallahan

Oct 20, 2010
Rock Chalk
It sounds like some people are having minor stability issues. As this is my first custom ROM, would it be smart for me to stick with Rev2.1 for a little while?

Not necessarily. As with all roms/kernels sometimes a particular device will act differently than another "identical" device. Especially with kernels.

You are hearing from the few that are having issues but not from the majority that are not. There were peeps having issues with all other versions as well and can be caused by numerous things.

Try it and see how it runs for you. Easy enough to flash something different later on if you prefer. At this point I find this build to be just as good or better than the previous.

sisterchick

Feb 4, 2010
Texas!
Not necessarily. As with all roms/kernels sometimes a particular device will act differently than another "identical" device. Especially with kernels.

You are hearing from the few that are having issues but not from the majority that are not. There were peeps having issues with all other versions as well and can be caused by numerous things.

Try it and see how it runs for you. Easy enough to flash something different later on if you prefer. At this point I find this build to be just as good or better than the previous.

I agree. I'm fixing to install again from scratch - including a fresh download. Civato makes a quality ROM. I think the problem is just me. :)

jwdink

Sep 9, 2011
I agree. I'm fixing to install again from scratch - including a fresh download. Civato makes a quality ROM. I think the problem is just me. :)

Appreciate both of your advice. Ended up flashing the earlier version before I got your replies anyways-- I can always upgrade later (when I feel like restoring a bunch of backups again). I'm not actually super clear on the difference between 2.1 and 3.0 is, though...

Meanwhile-- this is great! Pen is finally accurate. Can actually write in a reasonable sized font, instead of like a child.

memooffon

Oct 16, 2013
Bangkok
can someone guide me on how to update bootloader only ? coz i was waiting for the N5100 support thanks in advance

KitKat bootloader
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358549841

Flashing with Odin v3.09
Put your phone into download mode.
Launch Odin, then connect the USB cable to your device.
Click the "BL" button and select "KitKat-bootloader-N5100XXDND8.tar" you downloaded.
Click "Start" in Odin and wait for the process to complete.
Your device should reboot automatically when the flash is complete, and you're done.

Agfadoc

Nov 8, 2007
Green Bay, WI.
I am getting the random lockups as well, tried pulling back the overclock to 1.6 on the pegususq gov, still got it, I am now trying to throttle back the voltages -25mV for each frequency in System Tuner Pro and see how it works out. Thanks for your hard work Civato, I appreciate the efforts!

tooandrew

Since updating my tablet has been randomly turning off and rebooting. I wiped and did a fresh install when I updated. I am also experiencing lockups. Would a logcat help resolve this? Thank you for this quality product, though. I also got System UIDs Inconsistent at least once. I cleared data because it told me to, still reboots and cuts off

Last edited:
Since updating my tablet has been randomly turning off and rebooting. I wiped and did a fresh install when I updated. I am also experiencing lockups. Would a logcat help resolve this? Thank you for this quality product, though. I also got System UIDs Inconsistent at least once. I cleared data because it told me to, still reboots and cuts off

I'm getting the exact same thing ... I hope someone figures this out.

CCallahan

Oct 20, 2010
Rock Chalk
To those that are having issues what recovery are you using (type and version)? What is the install procedure? Did you try fixing permissions?

At what point in the install does it lock up? After apps are restored or before, mods enabled, etc?

Post as much info as possible so the cause might be narrowed down.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

sisterchick

Feb 4, 2010
Texas!
To those that are having issues what recovery are you using (type and version)? What is the install procedure? Did you try fixing permissions?

At what point in the install does it lock up? After apps are restored or before, mods enabled, etc?

Post as much info as possible so the cause might be narrowed down.

Just had another lockup. I'm on Phil Z recovery 6.48.5 I believe (latest on Civato's download). Clean install yesterday. No mods and very few Samsung apps installed. Default settings. All apps auto installed from market. Data on four apps restored. This time it locked in OneNote. Noticed tablet got hot too. Just installed latest SphereKat kernel to see if that helps.

k9time

May 10, 2012
Just had another lockup. I'm on Phil Z recovery 6.48.5 I believe (latest on Civato's download). Clean install yesterday. No mods and very few Samsung apps installed. Default settings. All apps auto installed from market. Data on four apps restored. This time it locked in OneNote. Noticed tablet got hot too. Just installed latest SphereKat kernel to see if that helps.
I flashed with TWRP 2.6.3.0. Ran fine for awhile then starting having problems. Flashed back to PhilZ Touch 6.4.1.6 as I was going to re-flash. But I wiped cache and booted back up and have been running great. I am not going to re flash now as all is well. If I do flash again it will be with 6.41.6. The one cirvato has always recommended. .

Reactions: ramjet73

ramjet73

Jan 12, 2006
Honolulu, Hawaii
I flashed with TWRP 2.6.3.0. Ran fine for awhile then starting having problems. Flashed back to PhilZ Touch 6.4.1.6 as I was going to re-flash. But I wiped cache and booted back up and have been running great. I am not going to re flash now as all is well. If I do flash again it will be with 6.41.6. The one cirvato has always recommended. .
FWIW I've been running FlexROM 3.0 flashed with TWRP 2.6.3.0 since the day it was released, including my testing of Chromecast and Miracast, without any problems.

I think the main reason for the Philz recommendation is because the 2.7.3.0 version of TWRP for the Note 8.0 doesn't have proper support for Aroma. But I agree that anyone that uses TWRP does it at their own risk and needs to re-flash with Philz if they have problems since @civato presumably tests using that version.

ramjet73

k9time

May 10, 2012
FWIW I've been running FlexROM 3.0 flashed with TWRP 2.6.3.0 since the day it was released, including my testing of Chromecast and Miracast, without any problems.

I think the main reason for the Philz recommendation is because the 2.7.3.0 version of TWRP for the Note 8.0 doesn't have proper support for Aroma. But I agree that anyone that uses TWRP does it at their own risk and needs to re-flash with Philz if they have problems since @civato presumably tests using that version.

ramjet73
Yeah ram jet the reason I went to 2.6.3.0 was because you run it with no problems.. The only other thing I changed was install DVFS Disabler by wanam. Everything else the same and running good.. Strange..

fajabird

Aug 15, 2011
R3.0 is very unstabe for me. Device has random shutdowns while in standby and some freezes while in use.

Already tried clean install including wiping data completely.

Using philz 6.48.4

Last edited:

Sczar

Jan 15, 2011
NY :)
Did a new fresh Odin and root and then I installed the latest philz 6.48.4. Then installed this Rom.
I've noticed that Synapse is not in the settings like the previous rom? Any idea why its not there?
Also noticed that OGBatteryMod is force closing when applying.

Last edited:

CCallahan

Oct 20, 2010
Rock Chalk
R3.0 is very unstabe for me. Device has random shutdowns while in standby and some freezes while in use.

Already tried clean install including wiping data completely.

Using philz 6.48.4

Are you wiping internal sdcard as well? If not, I would recommend doing that.

Wipe to install new rom
Wipe internal sd
Wipe dalvik

This is my stance on it after seeing how many different issues were solved on the S4 by wiping thoroughly before flashing.

THEN....Run the rom without anything added for a day or so and see what happens.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Did a new fresh Odin and root and then I installed the latest philz 6.48.4. Then installed this Rom.
I've noticed that Synapse is not in the settings like the previous rom? Any idea why its not there?
Also noticed that OGBatteryMod is force closing when applying.

Some prefer to use other apps such as Trickster Mod or SetCPU. Synapse is easily downloaded from Play Store as is the others so probably left out to keep the rom package slim and save time maintaining.
Are you using any Xposed modules or other mods that might conflict with OG Battery Mod? Works fine on mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sczar

burna

Jun 10, 2008
Hi great and awesome rom!! One question could some help with getting the bootloader only for the gt-n5110 thanks in advance....a couple of posts back there was a zip but it was for the 5100. If some one could point me to correct zip would be appreciated..

Last edited:

CCallahan

Oct 20, 2010
Rock Chalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Samsung TouchWiz based on official KitKat rom

GT-N5100 Based on KOT49H.N5100XXDNH3

GT-N5110 Based on KOT49H.N5110XXDNI2

GT-N5110 Based on KOT49H.N5120XXDNH3

You can run this rom on JB bootloader but you will have to install a older kernel from this thread to have wifi working. I will not support it

AndroidFileHost
    CivZ-DOWNLOAD CENTER

Mega
    CivZ-DOWNLOAD CENTER

MD5 checksum: 217736F97F24C28E3194F2CD780B2EDC *CivZ-FlexBurst-KK_BL-Rev1.2-N5100_signed.zip

MD5 checksum: B63BC3C899EA9D76C5C4DDE534928DB0 *CivZ-FlexBurst-KK_BL-Rev1.2-N5110_signed.zip

MD5 checksum: 6214E1D62FD7687BD832FB6BEFD8A840 *CivZ-FlexBurst-KK_BL-Rev1.2-N5120_signed.zip

Aroma Features:
    Menu:
    1. Install ROM= "INSTALL FLEXNOTE ROM with root"
    2. Install AirCommand= "REBOOT FIRST AFTER ROM INSTALLATION", Thanks to jazzespresso
    3. Exit= "Terminate AROMA Installer",

Rom Installation:
    WIDGETS & APPS selection options:

• "AsusWeather"
    • "AllShare"
    • "GameHub"
    • "MusicHub",
    • "ReadersHub"
    • "SammsungApps"
    • "SamsungGo"
    • "Yahoo"
    • "GroupCast"
    • "Facebook"
    • "DropBox"
    • "AcerDNLA"
    • "GENIE"
    • "Scloud"
    • "SecAlarm"
    • "SecCalculator"
    • "SecFile" = New File manager thanks to jazzespresso
    • "SecClocks",
    • "SecWorlclock"
    • "SecMusic"
    • "SecVideo"
    • "AwesomeNote"
    • "SecWeather"
    • "PolarisOffice"
    • "Samsung Mobile print"
    • "Samsung Voice"
    • "Travel "
    • "VideoHub",
    • "HelpHub"
    • "LearningHub"
    • "WatchOn"
    • "StoryAlbum"
    • "PaperArtist"
    • "ChatON"
    "Note10.1 & Note3 app"
    • "PhotoShop Touch"
    • "SketchBook"

REGION CSC:

• "XAR", "USA"
    • "DBT", "Germany"
    • "ITV", "Italy"
    • "LUX", "Luxembourg - Belgium"
    • "BTU", "United Kingdom GB"
    • "XEF", "France"
    • "XEO", "Poland"
    • "BGL", "Bulgaria"
    • "EUR", "Greece"
    • "NEE", "Sweden"
    • "PHE", "Spain"
    • "ROM", "Romania"
    • "SEB", "Latvia"
    • "SEE", "Serbia"
    • "SIO", "Slovenia"
    • "TPH", "Portugal"
    • "XEH", "Hungary"
    • "XSK", "Slovak"
    • "KOR", "Korea - Asia"
    • "ALE", "Ecuador"
    • "ARO", "Argentina"
    • "CHO", "Chile"
    • "COO", "Colombia"
    • "EON", "Ecuador-2"
    • "PEO", "PERU"
    • "TCE", "Mexico"
    • "TPA", "Panama"
    • "TTT", "Trinidad Tobago"
    • "UPO", "Paraguay"
    • "VNO", "Venezuela"
    • "GLB", "Philippines"
    • "SMA", "Philippines"
    • "THL", "Thailand"
    • "XEV", "Vietnam"
    • "XME", "Malaysia"
    • "XSE", "Indonesia"
    • "XSP", "Singapore"
    • "XTC", "Philippines"
    • "XTE", "Philippines"
    • "XXV", "Vietnam"

Xposed framwork & extra roo tapps

• "X-Blasted module", "Advanced tuning module"
    • "XAD module", "Block Google adds"
    • "AppsOps module", "Enable apps options in settings"
    • "YouTube module", "Disable youtube adds"
      Extra Root apps
    • "Terminal", "Terminal emulator"

Bootanimation support

• "Samsungboot", "Stock samsung animation"
    • "Customboot", "Support any bootanimation.zip in media"

Rom Features base installation:

• Miracast/Allshare cast & Google chromecast supported (see Q&A for how to)
    • Deodexed
    • Sidesync support
    • AirCommand possibility (Thanks to for most of the work jazzespresso)
    • Terminal command to enable/disable Aircommand
    • OG Battery or 3Minit battery mod included (see Q&A when you want stock KK battery icon)
    • 3Minit Quicklaunch Panel @ gharrington. (position is altered so if you don't use it you just see a small "+" sign in dropdown notification)
    • Extra menu settings
    • 3-way reboot
    • Framwork rework for the S-Pen text icon calibration
    • CSC hidden features enabled: Browser version info / Camera shutter sound / System Update removed / Keyboardsymbols/.......
    • ExternalSD Read/Write fixed
    • Libfiles and apps updated
    • KNOX removed
    • New CivZ KK_Runner kernel
    • Root SuperSU 2.13
    • Busybox 1.22.1
    • Init.d support (with the included kernel)
    • ViperFXSound = for updates follow this thread
    • Custom bootanimation support (select in aroma)
    • Re-Odex Script included @ MatrixDJ96 = Odex your rom after installation with a simple command = super fluid experience. See here for Instructions
    • Trickster mod or Synapse support (not included, download from the playstore) - preview
      Screenshot_2014-05-28-21-15-40_zps2b8536e3.png

CivZ KK_RUNNER KERNEL Features
    If you change nothing these are the following Features/optimisations you get compared to Stock:

Separate Kernel download link see "CivZ Download Center" (it is already included in the rom)
    You want to use this kernel on a stock rom (H2 - H3 - I2 based) please flash this fix after installing the kernel or your tablet won't boot.

• Miracast/Allshare cast & Google chromecast supported (see Q&A for how to)
    • SELINUX protection included but set at Permissive = No problems wit apps like Paragon and Titainium.
    • SELinux control with Synapse
    • S-Pen Alignment fixed + better calibration
    • Default Speeds 200MHz-1600MHz
    • Activating Saving power will result into 200MHz-1100MHz.
    • Init.d support
    • Frandom
    • Intelli hotplug
    • DynamicFSYNC Use Synapse or Trickster Mod app. = disabled by default.
    • mmc cap erase disabled ( just as a precaution )
    • Triangle away support
    • Optimized AES & SHA1 routines
    • Google Snappy compression
    • Memcopy & string

Driver support included in kernel:

• NTFS_RW / FAT / FAT32 / EXFAT support
    • CIFS
    • Boeflla 1.6.0 Sound engine support Download Boeflla sound app from the playstore.

Advanced users support

• [*]OC & UV support for CPU
      [*]Max CPU speed is 1920MHz
      [*]Min CPU speed is 100MHz
      [*]Governors: Adaptive, Pegasusq (recommended), Performance, Ondemand, Interactive.
      [*]Schedulers: cfq, Noop, Deadline, Row, Sio, VR
      [*]Extra TCP wifi connection added: Westood, reno, htcp, vegas, veno.

Thanks to Andreilux - Faux123 - Yank555.lu - ZaneZam for kernel work
    Thanks to jazzespresso for the Aircommand feature and rom feedback.

CHANGELOG ROM:

08/okt/2014
    • New Rom Rev1.1
    • sidesync support

30/okt/2014
    • New Rom Rev1.2 for the 5100 / 5110 / 5120
    • See Above for full details as a lot has changed as rom bases and features.

CHANGELOG KERNEL:
    08/okt/2014
    • New Kernel Rev1.1
    • SideSync driver included

30/okt/2014
    • New Kernel Rev1.2 for the 5100 /5110 /5120
    • See Above for full detail.

XDA:DevDB Information
    FlexBurst rom & KK_Runner kernel, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0

Contributors
    civato
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: KK bootloader

Version Information

Created 2014-09-24
    Last Updated 2015-11-15
    Info:
    I'm working at Rev1.1 for all devices, Sorry that it takes so much time but 5100 and 5120 have new bases so I have to remake the whole rom and the kernels.
    Don't think I forgot you all.

ETA , I hope the following week.
    REV1.1 update

Update rom and kernel.
    Also the bootloader and modem packages for the 5100 & 5120 are updated.

FULL wipe is needed before installing this rom the first time.
    For the 5110 users that are on Rev1.0 a full wipe is not needed.

If you go to the CivZ Mall (OP) to download for your device and the rom is not yet available that means it is uploading.
    Try again in a hour.

CHANGELOG ROM:

07/okt/2014

• New Rom Rev1.1
    • Support for the 5100 & 5120 added, both based on latest H3 source
    • Rebuild framework to support the AirCommand on H3 5100 & 5120
    • OG battery mod removed, only the 3minit battery mod is available by default
    • RW write problems fixed on externalSD
    • libs updated
    • Quad Multiwindow support
    • SideSync3.0 added

CHANGELOG KERNEL:
    07/okt/2014

• New Kernel Rev1.1
    • Support for 5100 &5120 added
    • SideSync3.0 support added (tested and working)
    Will GT-N5100 continue ?

I don't want to hound you but I just wanted to ask if you'll be adapting the kernel for the 5120. I just don't want to get my hopes up :eek:

Galaxy Note 8.0 Xposed Build N5120XXDNE4 Kernel SphereKat-Rev5.4 on Telstra LTE

Yes the 5100 and 5120 will get support but as I'm building the kernel for every device separate from the official source for your device I have to do it 3 times. 5110/5100/5120.
    The older kernel was all based on one source but as I want it to be bug free and smooth I want to make a clean start for every device.
    Patience as I don't have much time.

Smoothness and stability is the reason why not every special feature is in the new kernel. I tested it a long time and it is compiled now in release mode. Meaning all debugging stuff is removed so the footprint is as small as possible.

I hope this answers your questions and that you are not forgotten.
    Official Release Rev1.2

Release Rev1.2 of the Kernel and the Rom for the 5100 / 5110 /5120.
    See full detail in the OP.
    Boot problems should be gone on all devices when using my rom with my kernel or zanezam Boeffla kernel.
    Flashing my kernel on a stock rom (H2 - H3 -I2) will cause boot problems. You need to install the fix that you find in the OP in the kernel section.
    Please take time to read the OP and find out about what rom base and features there are.

"CivZ - Download Center" is uploading to Mega and Android file host , be patient as it takes time to upload 3 roms to 2 different servers.
    You will find your rom or kernel in the correct device folder when it is fully uploaded.