[ROM][ND8/NJ2][4.4.2] Wicked X v8.2 [Updated 2/15/15]

Search This thread

the_original_teknikl

Mar 22, 2013
Sorry I couldn't get the systemui without the quick pulldown out over the weekend. I'll try to get it out tonight. Only gotta swap 1 file inside it but hard to find time ATM...

If nothing else, I'll get the info to Ryan and he may be able to do it before me....

I'll update after work tonight either way....

May also do one without the speed indicator for those who want it as well...

Sent from a Wicked Virgin Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 running KT747 Kernel on KITKAT Touchwiz.

Click the banner below to view my phonechievements. Use the link in the next page "Download app via this user" to help me earn an achievement.

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Not acceptable[emoji14] and @Maybelle you are awesome! What device did you upgrade to by the way?

ZkAaTbh.jpg

My ROM: WICKED X

Swamphound

Oct 5, 2012
Longs, SC
Google Pixel C
OnePlus 7 Pro
Not acceptable[emoji14] and @Maybelle you are awesome! What device did you upgrade to by the way?

ZkAaTbh.jpg

No Ryan you, teknikl, Tony, porky et al. are due my respect and support. Honored. I went to the VZW LG G2 and have had it rooted since 12/13. Went to VZW because I couldn't get Sprint to give a darn about eastern SC. I tried TMO & AT&T but I'm a kuntry boy & CDMA still rules. The G2 is a beast, so much so that I'm gonna pass on the G3. We've mentioned the rumored Nexus 6 & I'm keeping an eye on that.

I must say though, I've not run into a better community than the GS3 folks. Sometimes y'all don't know how much you help. I can't name everyone but rompnit & dazed also come right to mind.

Sent from my VS980 4G running Xdabbeb's Stock Rooted 2.1.0/Dorimanx 7.8

the_original_teknikl

Mar 22, 2013

ZkAaTbh.jpg

I was actually trying to answer another post but pressed that post somehow... Wasn't even in this thread so no really sure how I got that one quoted.... Sorry bout that @Maybelle..... Sad to see ya leave the s3....... But def glad ya were here for awhile ;) ... I gotta agree with Ryan, you are freaggin awesome man.....

Sent from a Wicked Virgin Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 running KT747 Kernel on KITKAT Touchwiz.

Click the banner below to view my phonechievements. Use the link in the next page "Download app via this user" to help me earn an achievement.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Edit. Wow, that got really garbled lol...

Have to share this, I know peoples been waiting and im not sure if everyone knows about this thread so... they (TBO AND GUNTHERMIC) have finally cracked googles new apps and have themed the new playstore (he's already stated he's not sure if it works with the new gmail, but I'm sure they are looking into it.... So I wouldn't clutter his thread asking)... But here's the link for the new themed playstore.....

As of now its partially themed cause he wanted something out there for us.... But he's working on finishing it...

Here's the link...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=55632432

Last edited:

Swamphound

Oct 5, 2012
Longs, SC
Google Pixel C
OnePlus 7 Pro
Really digging the latest Aviate Launcher... Hadn't tried it in awhile. Glad they put icon pack support in.
y4atyze2.jpg

ha7ypy3u.jpg

a7avu8ut.jpg

ZkAaTbh.jpg

I signed up for it and got an early invite then I got bored with it. May need need to give it another whirl.

BTW cuz of y'all even though I finished my contract with Sprint I moved it to Ting to use as a backup and I'm off contract with VZW so I'm going to keep my GS3 running as long as y'all are developing.

Last edited:

neuton

Nov 17, 2010
NY
Has anyone seen a bigger battery drain and/or much longer charge time on the bare bones. I think i am going back to the regular v 8 lol

@Maybelle -- I agree with you that Sprint sucks in SC. I was up in and around that part of/ the country a couple times within the past few months. It seems that as soon as I left Florida I couldn't get any decent service while the people with me, who happened to be on low-end Verizon phones, were killing my "higher end" SGS3 when it came to LTE coverage. I've been contemplating leaving Sprint myself lately because of the lack of coverage outside of Florida.

Oh, and thanks for the kind words. Don't be a stranger.

Sent from my Wicked SGS3 using AnaKonda Tapatalk
oOMI4Md.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

New AnaKonda Hangouts v2.3.7506. Flash in recovery after backing up.

Forgot to mention, thanks to @TONY6669 for the smali edits.

2y6a4a3u.jpg

eha6upu7.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zico2xae36tp21m/AnaKonda_Hangouts_v2.3.75067996.zip?dl=0

oOMI4Md.jpg

Last edited:

Swamphound

Oct 5, 2012
Longs, SC
Google Pixel C
OnePlus 7 Pro
@Maybelle -- I agree with you that Sprint sucks in SC. I was up in and around that part of/ the country a couple times within the past few months. It seems that as soon as I left Florida I couldn't get any decent service while the people with me, who happened to be on low-end Verizon phones, were killing my "higher end" SGS3 when it came to LTE coverage. I've been contemplating leaving Sprint myself lately because of the lack of coverage outside of Florida.

Oh, and thanks for the kind words. Don't be a stranger.

oOMI4Md.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

New AnaKonda Hangouts v2.3.7506. Flash in recovery after backing up.

2y6a4a3u.jpg

eha6upu7.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zico2xae36tp21m/AnaKonda_Hangouts_v2.3.75067996.zip?dl=0

oOMI4Md.jpg

Likewise when I was in the Melbourne, FL area a year ago I was blown away with how good LTE was there. It broke my heart and pissed me off at the same time.

Has anyone seen a bigger battery drain and/or much longer charge time on the bare bones. I think i am going back to the regular v 8 lol
Actually I've been experiencing more battery drain on bare bones too. If your thinking about going back to 8.0 I suggest installing xposed again so you can greenify your apps. I'm thinking about reinstalling xposed for Android tuner and greenify.

FYI I definitely have way less force closes on bare bones.

Thanks @bilgerryan for continuing development for everyone's sg3s

Thanks @the_original_teknikl for your awesome mods and continuing support for this rom.

Thanks @6th_Hokage for the updated video, I haven't had much free time since I started some huge fence jobs at various Exxon Crude Oil facilities around Texas.

Thanks @TONY6669 for your amazing skills that you brought to the kit kit build and teaching @porkyhontas some of those skills. (still praying for your wife's recovery bro)

neuton

Nov 17, 2010
NY
Actually I've been experiencing more battery drain on bare bones too. If your thinking about going back to 8.0 I suggest installing xposed again so you can greenify your apps. I'm thinking about reinstalling xposed for Android tuner and greenify.

FYI I definitely have way less force closes on bare bones.

Thanks @bilgerryan for continuing development for everyone's sg3s

Thanks @the_original_teknikl for your awesome mods and continuing support for this rom.

Thanks @6th_Hokage for the updated video, I haven't had much free time since I started some huge fence jobs at various Exxon Crude Oil facilities around Texas.

Thanks @TONY6669 for your amazing skills that you brought to the kit kit build and teaching @porkyhontas some of those skills. (still praying for your wife's recovery bro)

So you think we or I should just install xposed only to get the modules up and run greenify and tuner? Or reinstall the full version 8 since it has all the modules included already?

Btw i am still not to sure how to work the tuner properly for better battery life. But u did have much better battery life and the charging was great on the full version.

Reactions: n00b-xda-disciple
Likewise when I was in the Melbourne, FL area a year ago I was blown away with how good LTE was there. It broke my heart and pissed me off at the same time.

Yeah, I was ready to throw my phone through the windshield when I was up in your part of the country -- lousy Sprint service up there -- so I do understand the pissed off aspect you mention. LOL

So you think we or I should just install xposed only to get the modules up and run greenify and tuner? Or reinstall the full version 8 since it has all the modules included already?

Btw i am still not to sure how to work the tuner properly for better battery life. But u did have much better battery life and the charging was great on the full version.

Just giving thoughtful advice. Yes I recommend android tuner(I don't use all the features, mainly the battery features.) greenify definitely helps your phone get into a deep sleep and keeps battery hogging background data apps from killing the battery.
Ps.. android tuner doesn't necessarily give you better battery life, it monitors the battery with more in depth stats/details and you can calibrate the battery. It also has different battery profiles for different size batteries.

Last edited:

neuton

Nov 17, 2010
NY
Ahh ok cool again you are always helpful to anyone here. I appreciate the advice. I will see if xposed is available alone on the market and then go from there

Reactions: n00b-xda-disciple

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Ahh ok cool again you are always helpful to anyone here. I appreciate the advice. I will see if xposed is available alone on the market and then go from there
It's not in the Play Store as far as I know. Just search "Xposed Framework Installer" here on XDA.

ZkAaTbh.jpg

Coming along
vy8emeve.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

Done I think !!!
yzy2u3aj.jpg
5usygu4e.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
I thought you were retiring for awhile? Lol Couldn't stand being away from me? Had to make sure I was doing my job? Lol Glad you're back, man.

Looks like it's building pretty good. TBO @Gunthermic, @camblue, etc are geniuses.
oOMI4Md.jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Wicked Presents:
    539f3069393bdeb1cc70edd61c802ded.jpg

OP Index:
    Post #1=Intro/Features/Instructions/Thanks/Download
    Post #2=Full Change Log/Screenshots
    Post #3=Extras/Mods/Themes
    Post #4=Frequently Asked Questions

From the ashes of Project X and Wicked Sensations arises a new beast. KitKat TouchWiz at it's finest.

For everyone's sake please read all 4 posts of the OP. Knowledge is power.

Disclaimer: Your warranty is already void if you have completed the steps to actually flash this ROM, I am not responsible for anything you do with your own device, if you can't follow directions or read that is not my problem.

Watch this video review if you still aren't sure if this ROM is for you... Thanks n00b-xda-disciple
    http://youtu.be/jeTcfMrn6yw
    (For an older version, but still gives you a taste)

Or this one for v8.0, thanks @6th_Hokage
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SWk6DgRFoKY&list=UUCxqwymMqc6hey8vyWHvqbQ

Or this one by HighOnAndroid.com/GS3Root.com-http://youtu.be/yC0sQzIuD44

attachment.php

-It's based on KitKat ND8 DeOdex-thanks @CNexus and @jdsingle76 for all your hard work in cracking this (way harder than it needed to be... Dang it Samsung)- RIP to @tdunham and @rompnit S3s they didn't survive the battle
    -Rooted
    -Heavily Debloated
    -No Knox Apps
    -Fluidity - new Tweak Package written for ND8 by me-special thanks to Darky for the zipalign script
    -KT747 Kernel by @ktoonsez
    -KTweaker App- thanks again ktoonsez
    -Native 4 Way Reboot on Power Menu (Press Reboot and it gives you more options)
    -S5 Launcher with Theme Support and PullUp Mod
    -Custom Boot Animation Support (system/media/bootanimation.zip)
    -Custom Boot Animation (Killer Blue)
    -Custom Transition Animations (can be sped up in Developer Options)
    -The Box by @erikalin -easily find everything you need for Wicked X- Play Store Link
    -Exit Option in Browser
    -Caller Announce- says caller's name, only with Google synced Favorite Contacts, check post #4 for how to disable
    -Use Camera In Call
    -1% Battery Mod- thanks tdunham
    -PCB Blue Theme- thanks @scar45-(find his themes here) for the original images and thanks @the_original_teknikl for bringing it to the S3
    ***What's Themed?***
    *SystemUI
    *Framework-res
    *Settings
    *Clock Package
    *Email
    *Messaging
    *Music
    *Phone
    *Calendar
    *HangOuts & YouTube
    *3D PCB AccuWeather Widget
    *Play Store
    -Xplosion Audio v3.0 by me (with a lot of help from Team AC!D) ***featuring Viper4Android- thanks Zhughang and 50% Volume Increase thanks flastnoles11
    -Galaxy S5 Gallery
    -No Creepy Smiling Guys in your apps- thanks @Chad The Pathfinder
    -PRL Write Enabled in Hidden Menu(##DATA#)- thanks digiblur for the original MK3 mod- also bypasses MSL input
    -External and Internal SD fixes-Thanks Chad The Pathfinder and CNexus
    -SE for Android set to Permissive-thanks CNexus
    -build.prop Tweaks (Including Viper4Android's tweaks, DNS, Net, Scrolling, Audio, Dalvik, Media, Call, and other tweaks)
    -Wicked Sensations, Project X, Samsung, and Android L Notifications, Alarms, and Ringtones
    -Custom UI Sounds
    -Torch App
    -Custom Status Bar Icons
    -Hacked Hotspot- thanks @crawrj and @rocket321
    -Xposed Framework Installer- thanks rovo89
    -MyMagazine (long press on the screen and select Homescreen Settings and Uncheck MyMagazines to remove)
    -Removed Sprint Shutdown Animation- thanks @Chad The Pathfinder
    -PCB Framework Background
    -@rwilco12 Wallpaper Gallery
    -S5 Wallpaper Chooser with rwilco12's wallpaper gallery built in
    -S5 Launcher Themes included, for more go here
    -Full Status Bar Brightness
    -True 1x/3g/4g data
    -Transparent Toggle Background
    -Removed IME switcher ongoing notification
    -Enabled multiwindow support for the InCallUi popup
    -Xposed proof feature.xml
    -Call block enabled
    -Custom screen saver enabled
    -Enabled call log call button
    -Enabled call duration in call logs
    -Added rotation button in gallery
    -Enabled infinite scrolling in launcher and app drawer
    -Enabled Developer Options by default
    -All lock screen effects unlocked and working
    *None
    *Particle
    *Ripple
    *Lightning
    *Circle Effect
    *Blind Effect
    *Skipping Stone
    *Watercolor
    -S5 Phone and Contacts
    -Popup call and message notifications
    -S5 InCall UI
    -S5 MMS
    -Better ripple effect
    -All Widgets available on LockScreen (some TouchWiz widgets can only be placed on the TouchWiz launcher, AccuWeather for example)-make sure you enable Multiple Widgets in Settings/My Device/Lock Screen
    -Disabled scrolling cache
    -Disabled signature checking in user and system apps (allows installing older versions over newer ones, unsigned apps, mismatching signatures over each other)
    -Added Bug Report to Developer Options and Power Menu
    -S5 backup app- Back-up USER installed apps and data
    -Super Download- simulates S5 Download Booster
    -zip binary added for use with terminal emulator (mostly for me)- from here
    -S5 AccuWeather Widget with adjustable transparency
    -Settings/My Device/Extras- a bunch of new Settings-thanks @Chad The Pathfinder for porting, thanks enewman17 & loserskater for the original mod in the AT&T ROM: S3Rx

[*]App ops (Moved to settings/My Device/Extras)

[*]Notifications History

[*]Long press kill

[*]Music control

[*]Heads-up notifications

[*]Volume panel timeout

[*]Crt effect

[*]Battery Style (Previously in Display Settings)

[*]Clock position

[*]AM/PM Style

[*]Day of the week

[*]Clock color

[*]Keyboard notification

[*]Alarm icon

[*]Blocking Mode

[*]Battery notification

[*]Voice search app

[*]Double tap home

[*]Quick unlock

[*]Enable AOSP lock screen

[*]Secure lock screen widgets
    -S5 Phone Mods

[*]disabled increasing ringtone

[*]merged call popup options in phone settings

[*]added Answer Call with Home button

[*]fixed the reject call message menu

[*]added S Memo- you can now take notes in call
    -S5 Messaging Mods

[*]enabled Save and Restore

[*]unlimited recipients

[*]disabled SMS to MMS conversion for texts (pictures will still be MMS)

[*]time stamps show sender's time (so you know when it was sent instead of when you received it)

[*]increased max size of MMS

[*]increased size and quality allowed on MMS

[*]enabled Screen On option

[*]enabled Split View in landscape

[*]enabled folder view (inbox, outbox, etc)
    -4x5 S5 Launcher with 5 dock icons- thanks @Chad The Pathfinder
    -Wicked Splash Screen
    -Toggles by @reddrom
    -S5 Keyboard- thanks @CNexus
    -S Voice
    -Transformers Contact photos by @JoHnNYBlaZE716

ISSUES:
    -Settings force close if trying to set the lock screen wallpaper from Settings/Display, set it from the homescreen by pressing the menu button

attachment.php

Requirement: You must already be on ND8/NJ2 or the equivalent like NDC (KitKat firmware, AOSP doesn't count)(or at least have flashed the tar/OTA)
    -Users with the L710T Model go HERE for flashing instructions for your device
    IF YOU ARE UNSURE ON THIS PROCESS DIRECT ALL QUESTIONS FOR THIS TO THIS THREAD-HERE
    1. Download ROM and copy to SD
    2. Check md5sum against the one on AndroidFileHost to ensure a good download (md5sum Checker is free in the Play Store)
    3. Reboot into recovery
    4. Wipe system, data, cache, and dalvik (if coming from a Lollipop ROM you need to wipe internal SD as well- Mounts & Storage->wipe /data & data/media)
    5. Flash ROM
    6. Reboot
    7. Enjoy

attachment.php

@CNexus - for everything he's done to get ND8 working
    @jdsingle76 - for all the work he's done on ND8
    @dazednconfused - for Wicked Sensations and everything that I took from it
    @tdunham - for everything he has continued to do for this device
    @rompnit - for everything he's done for this device
    @scar45 - for the original PCB images @the_original_teknikl - for the PCB theme and being my partner on this ROM
    @TONY6669- for all the themes he brought to this ROM
    @Chad The Pathfinder - for all his contributions to ND8
    @flastnoles11 - for 50% volume increase
    @Thebear j koss - for Blue Waffle themed apps
    @crawrj- for Hacked Hotspot
    @rocket321- for Hacked Hotspot
    @porkyhontas-for AnaKonda theme port
    @thenugdestrroyer-for Priest Punch port

IF YOU ARE NOT ALREADY ON THE ND8 BOOTLOADER DO NOT FLASH THIS

Please press the thanks button, no one likes a leech

User Testimonials

wetbiker7:
    "I haven't had a single reboot. The ROM is running like a champ.
    Updating to ND8 was worth it just to run this ROM. I'm usually messing around and testing nightlies but have stopped since the release of 6.5. There's no sense flashing anything else. This ROM does everything I need it to do and then some. :D"

bytes2bits:
    "Firstly I have to say that I have never in my life run a Rom that is this stable. I've been using 6.5 (yes, I'll update to the latest soon) for over a week now and my phone is absolutely flawless. Not one single reboot, hiccup, etc! It's absolutely amazing. I was an AOSP fan due to the little extras here and there but my phone would always be plagued with little annoying problems and a reboot now and then. You have completely sold me on Wicked... speed, stability, and beauty all in one package. I am really impressed."

the_original_teknikl:
    "btw... this things is pretty dang stable... like a post above said, I've always been plagued with a random reboot here and there on any other rom...... but not a single one on this since it was released.... not sure what you do differently but keep it up man, great job and thanks for all ur hard work...."

tclemens:
    "Just wanted to say ive been on 7.0 since it was released still perfect no reboots; fast, slick, smooth... made me love my S3 again. Thanks."

DO NOT POST OR ASK FOR MIRRORS OF ANY KIND, THIS IS MY (AND OTHERS) INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, PLEASE RESPECT THAT. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH DOWNLOADING PLEASE PM ME. I HAVE GOTTEN PERMISSION TO USE THE MODS IN THIS ROM THAT WEREN'T MINE, I ASK YOU DO THE SAME BEFORE USING THEM IN YOUR WORK OR POSTING THEM ELSEWHERE.

Download Link:
    Wicked X v8.2

Want something more minimalistic?
    Wicked X Bare Bones

Want to donate to development?
    Donate Here

Special Thanks to All
    Wicked X Donaters:
    (Post a confirmation # and I'll add you to the list, PM me if I missed you)
    @Advertize
    @mandingo823
    @roirraW "edor" ehT
    @Maybelle
    @EVObastard
    @pharmdeon
    @porkyhontas
    @tclemens
    @JeffATL
    @n00b-xda-disciple
    @notmyepic
    @ElwOOd_CbGp
    @djwell
    @koop1955
    @AlkaliV2
    @madbat99
    @loaderboy
    @fuzzybuffalo
    @Jayhawk One
    @leaderbuilder

Older Releases:

ZkAaTbh.jpg

Twisted Minds=Wicked Creations

XDA:DevDB Information
    Wicked X, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    bilgerryan
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: ND8 Bootloader, must be on Official KitKat firmware before flashing
    Based On: TouchWiz

Version Information

Created 2014-10-17
    Last Updated 2014-12-31
    Full Change Log

v6.0
    -initial release (for this device)

v6.2
    -Updated Theme- thanks @the_original_teknikl
    -Wicked Sensations Toggles- thanks @dazednconfused
    -New Wi-Fi Icon- thanks the_original_teknikl
    -Custom Pulldown Mod from Wicked Sensations- thanks dazednconfused-make sure they are for KK... Links in post #3
    -Hacked Hotspot- thanks @crawrj and @rocket321
    -KT747 Kernel by @ktoonsez
    -KTweaker App- thanks again ktoonsez
    -Latest Xposed Installer- thanks rovo89
    -New Xposed Modules
    *Wi-Fi DeepSleep
    *Smart Booster
    *USBUnmounterBeGone
    *Wanam Xposed-thanks Wanam
    *Burnt Toast
    *Double Tap to Sleep
    -Note 3 Launcher with Theme Support- thanks @CNexus