[ROM][WIP][AOSP][4.4.4_r2.0.1] Google Edition for SGS4A (int'l) 1.0.0

Search This thread

pen²

Oct 6, 2008
I got a private message from @Polytox which I may re-post here:

I experienced the same freezes..
What Keyboard are you using ?
It stopped freezing after i changed back to aosp stock (used swiftkey before)
rom worked great..since a few days camera stopped working without any change.
Wifi works fine..i just set up dualboot for this rom..so no dirty flash or sth...worked out of the box

I also used swiftkey, then changed to swype (swift key still installed) and still had freezes.
However, if you can help Polytox, this would be very kind. Sadly he is not allowed to write replies due to his post count :/

spegelius

Mar 29, 2011
Oulu
I got a private message from @Polytox which I may re-post here:

I also used swiftkey, then changed to swype (swift key still installed) and still had freezes.
However, if you can help Polytox, this would be very kind. Sadly he is not allowed to write replies due to his post count :/

I don't use swiftkey and thus i don't support it. If there's time, i may have a look at it.

For camera, a detailed explanation of the bug and a logcat is a must. Something like 'stopped working' doesn't really give a clue about anything.

As for the post cound, that's simple: post more :)

spegelius

Mar 29, 2011
Oulu
Built 0.9.9-od1 (optimized dev build 1), contains updated WiFi firmware paths in kernel config and some drivers/video panel stuff. Nothing major. Of and repo sync, of course.

I'm thinking about rebasing to android ver 4.4.4_r2.0.1. First to have a look what has changed, though.

Michse222

Nov 26, 2010
Built 0.9.9-od1 (optimized dev build 1), contains updated WiFi firmware paths in kernel config and some drivers/video panel stuff. Nothing major. Of and repo sync, of course.

Thanks for the update, according to gdrive its really popular nowadays - or is it just me getting a quota reached warning? Hope google resets your quota fast - or is there another mirror where I can dl the file? (opt version without dual boot)

Had to move to another town recently and now I'm facing excactly the same problem as pen: My phone is inside a region where there is 3G coverage - but its only connecting to a 2G source. When I'm moving around town there is 3G signal available. Also when I go inside the service menu (the thing with the *#*# ...) and switch to LTE/GSM/CDMA auto (Prl) then I have a very good 3G signal. Very odd. I'll play with those settings for a while... Updated dirty the last times - maybe a clean 9.9 install will fix it ...

Last edited:
Reactions: pen²

spegelius

Mar 29, 2011
Oulu
Thanks for the update, according to gdrive its really popular nowadays - or is it just me getting a quota reached warning? Hope google resets your quota fast - or is there another mirror where I can dl the file? (opt version without dual boot)

Had to move to another town recently and now I'm facing excactly the same problem as pen: My phone is inside a region where there is 3G coverage - but its only connecting to a 2G source. When I'm moving around town there is 3G signal available. Also when I go inside the service menu (the thing with the *#*# ...) and switch to LTE/GSM/CDMA auto (Prl) then I have a very good 3G signal. Very odd. I'll play with those settings for a while... Updated dirty the last times - maybe a clean 9.9 install will fix it ...

Hmm, my DropBox account size was recently downgraded, some Samsung or whatnot promo ended, so i cant store more data there. Hah, its only after 60 days. Ok, storing here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/44sqdzhq75t9my5/AAArJrz8-qmXJRF5pTB0wlKCa?dl=0.

Ill have to start looking for alternative solutions to store this stuff. Everywhere restrictions after restrictions... i do have three cloud file services: Google Drive, Dropbox and Windows BSODDrive or whatitsface. Latter i havent used yet, Linux compability is kinda needed (haven t checked that)

Reactions: defim
Hmm, my DropBox account size was recently downgraded, some Samsung or whatnot promo ended, so i cant store more data there. Hah, its only after 60 days. Ok, storing here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/44sqdzhq75t9my5/AAArJrz8-qmXJRF5pTB0wlKCa?dl=0.

Ill have to start looking for alternative solutions to store this stuff. Everywhere restrictions after restrictions... i do have three cloud file services: Google Drive, Dropbox and Windows BSODDrive or whatitsface. Latter i havent used yet, Linux compability is kinda needed (haven t checked that)
Maybe https://www.androidfilehost.com? It works great in the US, but I don't know how the speed is overseas.

Reactions: spegelius

Grinface

Apr 8, 2013
Hamburg
I'm still on version as of 09-22. Can anybody confirm that every time after a reboot the phone lost compass direction?

Edit: Belongs to CM11 thread. Sorry

Last edited:

spegelius

Mar 29, 2011
Oulu
Maybe https://www.androidfilehost.com? It works great in the US, but I don't know how the speed is overseas.

Great, I'll check that out.

I'm still on version as of 09-22. Can anybody confirm that every time after a reboot the phone lost compass direction?

Hmm, I assume you are using CM11? Well i haven't noticed, but then again i haven't used my phone with apps that use GPS or compass, my bike was stolen last week and haven't logged any outdoor activity. The fact it loses the direction could be related to wrong time daemon blobs, but probably not....

Grinface

Apr 8, 2013
Hamburg
Hmm, I assume you are using CM11? Well i haven't noticed, but then again i haven't used my phone with apps that use GPS or compass, my bike was stolen last week and haven't logged any outdoor activity. The fact it loses the direction could be related to wrong time daemon blobs, but probably not....

Sorry, yes you're right, I've posted in wrong thread...

elgorra

Jun 26, 2010
Buenos Aires
Well i finally figured out what's causing exfat read-only behaviour: it's the kernel. With the KT_SGS4 jactive kernel from last spring exfat works like a charm. Now to figure out what in the kernel is causing read only state...

I'm thinking about rebasing to android ver 4.4.4_r2.0.1. First to have a look what has changed, though.

Installed as soon as it was posted. Looking great so far. Battery life seems a bit better than previous release. Thanks! @spegelius

elgorra

Jun 26, 2010
Buenos Aires
Don't know if this was also a problem in previous releases because I hadn't tried it but the microphone doesn't work when using speakerphone during phone calls. The other person can't hear you. Tried with several calls. Has anyone else noticed this problem?

spegelius

Mar 29, 2011
Oulu
So it's a problem with older blobs too (as AOPS doens't use new RIL etc.)? Ok, i'll bring the fix from CM and make a new build.

Reactions: elgorra

Pkt_Lnt

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 26, 2011
SLO
AOSP_4.4.4_r2.0.1_I9295_spegelius_v0.9.9-od2 uploading to Dropbox.
Changes:
- repo sync
- Android 4.4.4_r2.0.1, not much changed...
- Speaker mic should be working (did a quick test)

Will give the link when ready?

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

And working the IR remote?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9295 mediante Tapatalk

AOSP does not have an IR remote.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What?

• A work in progress build of AOSP, using CM11 kernel sources and device files, modified to play ball with AOSP
    • some stuff copied from CM, to make build happen (bionic, assorted libs and stuff in external and system, etc...)
    • build makefiles modified, using CM files where possible
    • some small code modifications
    • for I9295 international only
    • stuff is broken, for how long i do not know. Limited time and real life... meh
    • DISCLAIMER: You take responsibility of your phone and what you flash into it, not me. You are warned!

How?

Credits
    • Google for Android (and Google search, boy this wouldn't have happened without it )
    • CyanogenMod for stuff i'm using to make this happen
    • SlimRom guys
    • LeJay for jactivelte kernel sources and other stuff
    • Chainfire for root and SuperSU app
    • chenxiaolong for DualBoot
    • Donators and testers
    • ES File Explorer creators https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop&hl=en

DualBoot
    I provide dualboot version of this ROM, mainly because i run the test versions in dualboot mode (second rom). If you aren't' familiar with the concept, have a look here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2447534.
    Basically it allows one to have two (or more) roms installed simultaneously, switching between them using the application provided on the above thread.
    Notes:
    • When using dualboot roms, DO NOT USE CWM wipe, format functionality. Backup works, but for what i know, it backs up the secondary rom too, not 100% sure how well this works...
    • For dualboot secondary rom, you need dualboot gapps
    • Flashing main rom destroys secondary rom, flashing secondary rom doesn't harm main rom
    • For more info, read the above thread

Changes v1.0.0 and 1.0.0-opt
    • new KK blobs taken in use (same that CM11 has been running since last fall) (NOTE: KT kernel from last spring won't work with this)
    • contains some of the latest fixes to CM11, like Network search fix and Camera fixes
    • repo sync, not much changed
    • probably the last Android 4.4 release

Changes v0.9.10 and 0.9.10-opt
    • fix phone speaker
    • AOSP repo sync, nothing major has changed

Changes v0.9.9 and 0.9.9-opt
    • triple framebuffers, reduces screen refresh stutters
    • f2fs in kernel enabled. Not supported bu updater yet, though
    • updater_script updates, more compatible with TWRP
    • SuperSU 2.37

Changes v0.9.8 and 0.9.8-opt
    • camera: fixed exposure setting
    • added proper network operator name list

Changes v0.9.7 and 0.9.7-opt
    • camera fixes: front camera should work now
    • exfat is now writable
    • external sdcard write restrictions relaxed
    • selinux rules updated from CM11
    • updater_script: properly set permissions and selinux metadata (may need CWM update)
    • kernel: Firmware files from TW KK kernel
    • kernel: Exfat 1.2.6 from TW KK kernel
    • kernel: Added f2fs
    • blobs: Wifi, NFC and Bluetooth from NE5

Changes v0.9.6 and 0.9.6-opt
    • incremental camera fixes, toggling flash and HDR shouldn't freeze the camera, at least so much. There's still bugs, but easy does it...
    • kernel: Newer bcmdhd drivers from TW KK 4.4.2 kernel
    • kernel: Wcd9xxx stuff from TW KK 4.4.2 kernel
    • kernel: Cypress touchkey, leds and max77693 stuff from tw kk kern
    • optimized build: changed to Google's GCC ver 4.8, no more broken playstore icons

Changes v0.9.5 and 0.9.5-opt
    • kernel: Msm qdsp6v2 updates from TW kk 4.4.2 kernel
    • framework: some minor bluetooth and gps code merges from CM

Changes v0.9.4-opt
    • First build with JustArchi's optimizations (Linaro 4.8)
    • Also added DualBootPatcher 8.0.0

Changes v0.9.3
    • updater-script fixes to support some CWM recoveries

Changes v0.9.1
    • added bash, ebtables, ntfs-3g, vim
    • updated sqlite and zlib
    • fixed wifi ap

Changes v0.9
    • wifi & gps settings from msm8960 (from cm jflte)
    • stepdetector and -count sensor permission xmls (from cm jflte)
    • init network tuning (from cm jflte)
    • charger update (from cm jflte)
    • wifi settings moved out (from cm msm8960)
    • gps setting moved out (from cm msm8960)
    • charger change for kk bootloaders (from cm msm8960)
    • kernel: using new unified jf kernel http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/67429/
    • kernel: enabled CONFIG_DISPLAY_DISABLE_TEST_KEY
    • kernel: enabled CONFIG_CFG80211_REG_NOT_UPDATED
    • kernel: enabled CONFIG_SENSORS_HALL
    • QC time services: fixed time resetting to wrong value when rebooting

Changes v0.8
    • update scripts fixed
    • md5sums added
    • zips cleaned
    • Preferred network-setting now has only Lte, 3G and 2G. Default is 3G, change it if needed. This is work in progress
    • Qualcom init script updates from CM jflte (sdcard read/write speedup etc.)
    • Google backup working

Changes v0.7
    • Updated SuperSU to 2.0.1
    • Updated su install scripts to match SuperSU CWM scripts (hopefully...)
    • Added ES FIle Explorer
    • Added DualBootPatcher ver 7.0.0 app

Changes v0.6

Changes v0.5
    • GPS working
    • sdcards working
    • mobile data H and H+ icons working
    • some code updates from CM (bionic) and overlays updated

Changes v0.4
    • Initial release, fresh from oven. Might be bit burned on the sides...

Bugs
    • Camera: toggling HDR might crash camera (rare)
    • Apparently flaky Bluetooth

Fixed bugs
    • exFAT
    • Camera: exposure setting crash
    • Camera: toggling front camera crashes camera app
    • Camera: toggling flash might crash camera
    • Sdcard problems, mounting fails (even internal). This causes a lot of other problems...
    • Camera: can't save pics as no sdcard...
    • GPS: doesn't seem to work
    • NFC crashes silently on the background (logcat)
    • Google cloud backup
    • Date resets to 1970 or so in reboot, might cause problems when in flight mode or bad connection
    • WiFi tethering turns on but the ap network cannot be seen
    • Mobile network operator names aren't shown, only id's

Source code
    https://github.com/spegelius

Manifest and how to use:
    Code:
    mkdir aosp-src
    cd aosp-src
    repo init -u git://github.com/spegelius/manifests.git -b aosp-4.4
    repo sync
    source build/envsetup.sh
    make otapackage
    *needs some scripts fro there on, not yet in github, resulting zip cannot be flashed in CWM!*
    And it's fixed. Sepolicy was the key after all, i just had omitted all the sepolicy .te files on CM11's vendor/cm/sepolicy folder... :eek:. Well i hope i've at least learned something now... ;). Phew, that took WAY too much time. Oh well...

Non-optimized dev build available in gdrives dev-folder AOSP_4.4.4_r2_I9295_spegelius_v0.9.7-d23.zip. I'll be doing actual release tomorrow if nothing has broken, i'll need to do some inventory about all the changes before that...
    Was working on updater scripts on CM12 and did some updates to AOSP also:

Ver 0.99
    • triple framebuffers, reduces screen refresh stutters
    • f2fs in kernel enabled. Not supported by updater yet, though
    • updater_script updates, more compatible with TWRP
    • SuperSU 2.37
    0.9.7 released. Changes:

• camera fixes: front camera should work now
    • exfat is now writable
    • external sdcard write restrictions relaxed
    • selinux rules updated from CM11
    • updater_script: properly set permissions and selinux metadata (may need CWM update)
    • kernel: Firmware files from TW KK kernel
    • kernel: Exfat 1.2.6 from TW KK kernel
    • kernel: Added f2fs
    • blobs: Wifi, NFC and Bluetooth from NE5

This is mostly the same as the d23 build, just built on Jenkins "officially" :rolleyes:
    0.9.8 released. Changes:

• camera: fixed exposure setting
    • added proper network operator name list