[India]Htc One (2014) - Indian Users [Chatting,Discussion,Availabilty,Pricing,Etc]

Search This thread

shamps

Jan 25, 2011
If yu r rooted n having Twrp... Yu can revert back to 4.4.2 by restoring TWRP backup (if yu r having one or else yu can also dl) n den yu can try S-Off using firewater or Sunshine...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
I have twrp and i am rooted.
Are you sure I can s off that way?
Where can I download twrp backup foe our indian devices?

Cheers!!
Sent from the ONE (M8)

kartik.kayz

Oct 1, 2011
M8q? What is that? Is it different from what we get in india?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

See on the back side of your phone. It is written near Model. Centre below.

ohk, but i did not get official box with my phone coz the person who sold me this phone had to throw away box to prevent any custom charges

:p

is what is written on the box.

gauravbhawsar

Aug 7, 2009
BETUL
Google Pixel 4a

gitin

May 15, 2009
See on the back side of your phone. It is written near Model. Centre below.

aah i found it now, its too small but i think its m8n

anyways, i asked you about the body protection you are using, does it hold good around the edges? do you recommend me to buy it or go for some other case ?

thanks
gee

kartik.kayz

Oct 1, 2011
aah i found it now, its too small but i think its m8n

anyways, i asked you about the body protection you are using, does it hold good around the edges? do you recommend me to buy it or go for some other case ?

thanks
gee

Just check my previous quoted post, I attached pictures in it. It depends on you bro, If you don't want to spoil the looks of this phone then go for gadgetshieldz or if you want maximum protection with just the looks of the case not of phone then buy a case.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

I tried this. Flashed the 4.4.2 Nandroid, also the recovery. Sunshine still said it was incompatible. Any idea what I was doing wrong.

Your firmware is already updated to latest release.

aunni

Nov 23, 2012
Just check my previous quoted post, I attached pictures in it. It depends on you bro, If you don't want to spoil the looks of this phone then go for gadgetshieldz or if you want maximum protection with just the looks of the case not of phone then buy a case.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

I guess that is the explanation. Thats why I wanted to understand from Gaurav how he did it.

gitin

May 15, 2009

pics don't show much coz its nearly invisible, thats why i asked for your review
never mind i already ordered 1, even i dont want to spoil the look of my phone
so gadjetshield is the only option

thanks
gee

kartik.kayz

Oct 1, 2011
pics don't show much coz its nearly invisible, thats why i asked for your review

thanks
gee

xda compressed the pictures.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

thanks
gee

PM me your mail id. I will mail you high quality pictures.

gitin

May 15, 2009
xda compressed the pictures.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

PM me your mail id. I will mail you high quality pictures.

thanks for you help but don't worry i have already placed order :)
will give others my review after applying

did you use jhonson baby shampoo ?

thanks
gee

gauravbhawsar

Aug 7, 2009
BETUL
Google Pixel 4a
I have twrp and i am rooted.
Are you sure I can s off that way?
Where can I download twrp backup foe our indian devices?

Cheers!!
Sent from the ONE (M8)

I guess that is the explanation. Thats why I wanted to understand from Gaurav how he did it.

I shud hv said 'Give it a try' instead of 'definitely'... I truly forgot abt the firmware part.. As I didn't updated to 4.4.3,
But yu can give it a try...
Sorry m8,I just tried to help.

Reactions: shamps

shamps

Jan 25, 2011
Sunshine also doesn't work for Hong Kong users and a guy was able to downgrade and s off in the following thread.
I am not sure about the process. Can any HTC veteran look at the process and see if we can use it?

The thread is located here:
http://xdaforums.com/htc-one-m8/general/how-to-m8-hong-kong-downgrade-s-to-s-off-t2852368

Would appreciate, I really hate not being able to s-off.

Thanks in advance!!!

Cheers!!
Sent from the ONE (M8)

Rjev07

Dec 18, 2011
Sunshine also doesn't work for Hong Kong users and a guy was able to downgrade and s off in the following thread.
I am not sure about the process. Can any HTC veteran look at the process and see if we can use it?

The thread is located here:
http://xdaforums.com/htc-one-m8/general/how-to-m8-hong-kong-downgrade-s-to-s-off-t2852368

Would appreciate, I really hate not being able to s-off.

Thanks in advance!!!

Cheers!!
Sent from the ONE (M8)
That doesn't...work...and don't bother to waste your time..done that....people looking to flash that Hong Kong one stay away...it doesn't work..

shamps

Jan 25, 2011
Guys I have always tried Sunshine while running ARHD11.1 with twrp.
Do you think if I return tio stock rom and stock recovery, sunshine might work or it does not matter??
Thanks in advance!!

Cheers!!
Sent from the ONE (M8)

venkat008

Aug 19, 2012
help

Hi Guys I'm new to the Htc brand I'm just want to clarify some information regarding my htc m8
I'M having indian version of htc m8 with android 4.4.3 and i want to root my device but i'm worried about warranty..
will rooting avoid my warranty and it is necessary to unlock the boot loader to root the device and how to take the nandroid back up..
plz help me guys..
thanq...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Will the dotview case work in converted gpe phones? :confused:
    Got The Developer Edition !!

Hi Guys,

FedEx Guys just delivered my Developer Edition handset. Very happy :)
    Does anyone have the stock recovery 3.35.720.1 for HTC_038. Could you please upload the same or point me to a link to the same?

Go to this link of mine - http://goo.gl/j0bSh9
    You'll find the required file.
    M8 or 5S

Need Help guys...

Last year I bought HTC M7, I liked the phone to some extent but frankly I did not get same feel (or kick) as iphone 5.
    Now I am thinking to move on from my LG F320L. I did some research and after considering the build quality of M8 (camera lens and gaps), I am in dilemma between iphone 5S and M8.

Please suggest.
    (I Know its a broad question :p)

So i own both of these devices, being frank here i uses them both M8 as my media/email/social hound and 5S as my business class (Only calls/iMessage/facetime) phone :silly: Also nether am i a HTC/Android fanboy nor am i a Apple fanboy, below is my totally frank opinion of both the devices.

I wont comment on negative aspects, i use two phones so that i am surrounded by positivity :fingers-crossed:

M8: media consumption, Internet Browsing, 3G/4G/wifi experience, Emails, Swiftkey flow, battery life, apps

5S: Apple stuff like Facetime Audio,iMessage, Phone call clarity, lag-free ness,camera, media creation

Both the devices work perfectly for me because i use them for respective tasks given above, picking any one of them for my use case is not possible at all. But either will suit you if you know exactly why you need a smartphone. Simple example i dont really care about the M8's camera because i use the 5S for videos and pictures because its much better and it syncs stuff seamlessly with my macbook air and icloud account.
    Gmail is a nightmare on iOS where as its a breeze on Android.

So to find the best suited device for you, you need to really prioritise on what you need a phone for.

Just some eye candy of my daily drivers!
    IMG_2662.jpg
    Its not about me feeling special. That i do anyway :p But the concern is that HtC as a company does not dissapear from the horizon due to bad sales. At least buy a damn tv spot for an advert. Something..before the launch. Its like they are just releasing for the sake of it. OR bring it at a lower pricepoint than S5. Also 32gb variant ;) :p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The way I see it is.. how many times do you see an advertisement promoting a rolls or a Bentley :cowboy:
    Now.. how many times do you see the SX4 or the Hyundai accent on TV :silly:

Just saying :rolleyes: :good:

** Remember - You are the result of 3.8bn years of Evolutionary Success - Act Like It!! **