[ROM] SlimSaberKat-jflte-4.4.4-20141014 [unofficial SlimKat builds] for jflte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Jsilver73

Nov 5, 2013
Christchurch UK
And when going to slim options under OTA there is no way to check for rom updates, is that normal? I used to have official slimkat on GS3 mini and the updates worked fine.

Our Dev - Kantjer - has informed there will be no more releases, so no point in looking. Either enjoy this final build as is or move to something else (official slim is still being developed ;))

Zoot Allures

Jul 17, 2011
Hi,

Because this would be what I call a user unfriendly way to import something, no offense KaszasM:

Internal sd tasker order ....if you make menu/data/backup u get userbackup.xml there too ,just repleace it and make date restore,if you restore the second xml from me you get all profiles whats on screenshoot

Thanks, Jim for these.

I've got paid version of Tasker, didn't use it much since it feels complicated enduser side (even if I programmed pneumatic machines in another life).

Where ever (Tasker/auto-import where it seems logic to me to put them) or what name (leaving as .zip, unpacking then removing .xml at the end), I don't get to import these.

I create a task, push on its tab > import... nothing is shown.

I think it should work by caution to prepare, cook, anything without Tasker running in background (it was not running).

Except being stupid or lazy, what am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

angelcalibur

Jun 4, 2014
Last edited:

Jsilver73

Nov 5, 2013
Christchurch UK
I'm must apologize, I didn't meant to be rude, I'm a Faulpelz and you're right to be sometimes bored by silly questions.
I bought Tasker a couple devices back, used it to switch to silent@work/noisy@home, home wireless, only trivial things.

Thanks for your contributions to this topic.

Oh but it does sooooo much more, and honestly, I have no clue about coding, but I have learnt to automate a lot of stuff over the past couple of years using it.

To make the most I recommend getting the auto shortcuts plugin which allows you to access and automate all shortcuts, a bit like slims 'shortcuts everywhere' on steroids!!!

Also 'secure settings' plugin is very useful.

The guys over on the tasker Google group are very very helpful too ;)

kantjer

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 11, 2010
www.androidfilehost.com
Oh but it does sooooo much more, and honestly, I have no clue about coding, but I have learnt to automate a lot of stuff over the past couple of years using it.

To make the most I recommend getting the auto shortcuts plugin which allows you to access and automate all shortcuts, a bit like slims 'shortcuts everywhere' on steroids!!!

Also 'secure settings' plugin is very useful.

The guys over on the tasker Google group are very very helpful too ;)
The while set of autoxxxx plugins are fantastic. I use almost all them.
The last one I installed in autoinput, that lets you record/playback button actions in almost every app. That way you can have Tasker control apps that don't have Tasker support.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gorillaCF

Dec 2, 2011
Singapore
hello all.

not sure if anyone encountered this problem, after updating multiple apps from play store, suddenly my ext sd card is not detected anymore.

any possible solution to having not able to detect the ext sd card?

j1gga84

Jun 21, 2012
Bremen
www.android-hilfe.de
@kantjer

I am planning to upgrade my I9100 to I9505 because I want an newer phone with removable battery, SD card slot and a good display so my choice would be the I9505 I think because it has SlimSaber :fingers-crossed:
Although you have a One plus One now will you still release builds for Galaxy S4 in the future? Even if it gets Android 5.0 (which is oficially confirmed) ?

Regards

triathlete66

Jan 21, 2012
@j1gga84

have a look #4889

Guys,
Sorry to have to inform you that it looks SSK in it's current form is comming to the end of it's life.
I just tried to sync and build with today's Slim source and I'm having merge errors all over the place. So many things changed I need to spend a lot of time fixing it, time I don't have ATM.

I'm still thinking of moving to the SlimSaber source but that also needs time.
I will need some time to think this over. I will get back to you when I made a final discision.

S

stanlefor

Anyway to add slimsaberkat lock-screen notification on slimkat?
Thanks

bole5

Nov 4, 2014
Strange bug when mounting exfat external SD Card

hello all.

not sure if anyone encountered this problem, after updating multiple apps from play store, suddenly my ext sd card is not detected anymore.

any possible solution to having not able to detect the ext sd card?

I had the same problem with the SlimSaberKat-jflte-4.4.4-20141020 build and my exfat sdcard. To solve this problem just download latest Slim Rom ie. Slim-jflte-4.4.4.build.8.9-WEEKLY-7679
unzip it and copy following files over to your phone:
Code:
   /system/bin/mount.exfat
   /system/bin/sdcard

In order to write to /system you need to remount it read write. After you overwrite you need to make sure that the files have correct ownership/permissions using chown root.shell and chmod 755. Here is what you should see after everything is done correctly:
Code:
-rwxr-xr-x root     shell      130460 2014-10-30 14:58 mount.exfat
-rwxr-xr-x root     shell       17700 2014-10-30 14:58 sdcard

When you reboot your phone, your extSdCard should be back ;)
@kantjer There seems to be a problem with mount.exfat. Strange thing is that it works fine first couple of days, then suddenly the card gets mounted but when you do "ls -al" on a folder you know exists you get "Out of memory" error.

wonsky21

Feb 16, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23
@kantjer

I am planning to upgrade my I9100 to I9505 because I want an newer phone with removable battery, SD card slot and a good display so my choice would be the I9505 I think because it has SlimSaber :fingers-crossed:
Although you have a One plus One now will you still release builds for Galaxy S4 in the future? Even if it gets Android 5.0 (which is oficially confirmed) ?

Regards
I'd suggest you to pass S4, and consider some other device/manufacturer. Samsung S4 had ihmo the worst support of all samsung devices I owned (S1, S2, S4), and I really regret buying it. Most of the roms are buggy, even my beloved SlimKat hasn't a real maintainer for S4 (most of changes are from the base, not specifically for S4)... There was @kantjer, but he moved on...
And if you really really want an S4 buy the i9505 version.

GT-I9505 | SlimKat 4.4.4 jflte 8.9 WEEKLY

Reactions: fabiienb

j1gga84

Jun 21, 2012
Bremen
www.android-hilfe.de
I'd suggest you to pass S4, and consider some other device/manufacturer. Samsung S4 had ihmo the worst support of all samsung devices I owned (S1, S2, S4), and I really regret buying it. Most of the roms are buggy, even my beloved SlimKat hasn't a real maintainer for S4 (most of changes are from the base, not specifically for S4)... There was @kantjer, but he moved on...
And if you really really want an S4 buy the i9505 version.

GT-I9505 | SlimKat 4.4.4 jflte 8.9 WEEKLY

Many thanks for information :good:
So I will keep my S2 as long as possible and as long as SlimSaber will be maintained..

Regards

Reactions: fusionjack
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimSaberKat
    Unofficial SlimKat build - Alucard kernel
    Rom built with SaberMod 4.8.4 toolchain
    Kernel built with SaberMod 4.9.2 toolchain
    Fast, smooth and stable

I proudly present SlimSaberKat.
    SlimSaberKat is built from SlimKat source with SaberMod 4.8.4 compiler and "JustArchi's ArchiDroid Optimizations" V3 build optimisations like O3, strict aliasing and many more to make the ROM even faster and smoother. If you want to see all optimization flags set for building this ROM, have a look a look at this commit, line 73-83.
    I could cherry-pick some commits ahead from SlimRom team or patches from other repositories if I find them useful.

If you want to know more about build optimization and the build flags used to build SlimSaberKat I can advise you to read this post by @JustArchi.

SlimSaberKat ROM comes with Alucard's great AOSP kernel.

I will follow the weekly and stable builds of the official ROM and if there are interesting commits I will try to make a midweekly build.

Disclaimer
    I'm not responsible for any damages on your device.
    Please don't discuss these "unofficial" builds in the official SlimKat thread.

Installation instructions
    Coming from an older SlimRom (< 4.4.2) version or another ROM to 4.4.x:
    Reboot to recovery
    Full wipe: data, cache, dalvik cache
    Flash ROM
    Flash gapps

Coming from previous SlimKat (official or unofficial) build:
    Wipe cache and dalvik cache
    Flash ROM
    No need to re-flash gapps it will be restored back automatically during flashing (also see FAQ)

Interesting links
    slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.
    Official S4 SlimKat thread
    Alucard kernel thread
    Alucard kernel settings thread
    SlimKat stock kernel

Credits
    Rom Source -SlimRom team
    kernel - Alucard (thanks for allowing me to use your kernel in this ROM)
    SaberMod toolchain - sparksco
    build optimizations - JustArchi

Special Thanks
    Inspiration to start this project @fusionjack

Donation thanks
    lucsbran, davtse, ParkerParker, Mistertac, malybru, KaszasM, FlanjeUK

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimSaberKat Jflte, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    kantjer
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: SlimKat (AOSP)

Version Information

Created 2014-05-23
    Last Updated 2014-10-14
    If you want to receive a notification when a new ROM is available for download use the "Follow Project" option in the top-right corner of this page.
    You will then receive an XDA notification when a new ROM is available.

Download locations:

SlimSaberKat primary download (BasketBuild)
    SlimSaberKat download mirror (Android File Host)

Slim stable gapps
    Slim beta gapps

Changelog:

Official SlimKat Changelog

Additional changes in SlimSaberKat compared with the official SlimKat:
    • Built for speed using SaberMod 4.8.4 toolchain and build optimizations
    • Backup and restore script for Xposed binaries when doing an upgrade
    • Modified gps.conf, for faster GPS fix
    • Reverted "UNOFFICIAL Builds are for Developers and Testers!" commit to remove debug info and keep inline with official version
    • Added SlimSaberKat version to the "About phone"screen
    • Option to answer call with hardware HOME button
    • Changed default screen DPI to 420 (will only affect clean installs)
    • New bootanimation thanks to @DJDobermann
    • removed 5 second delay to open apps after pressing home button
    • SlimOTA working for SlimSaberKat, will work for every new release
    • mobile settings on main settings page
    • network stats to statusbar
    • status bar activity indicators for mobile data and wifi
    • Lockscreen notifications
    • AOKP custom system animations
    • Volume panel background color && transparency
    • Removed network stats activity arrows from status bar
    • Make double tap gesture configurable
    • Set transmission priority for a2dp media channel to high

Kernel changes
    • Alucard kernel included (built with SaberMod 4.9.2)
    • Included optimized kernel profiles
    • Fixed ad-blocker script in STweaks, thanks to @hawkerpaul
    • Fixed database optimization script in STweaks

Changes in most recent version

Most recent version:

ROM: SlimSaberKat-jflte-4.4.4-20141014 (SlimKat 8.6 weekly)
    Kernel: stock
    New ROM uploaded, based on SlimKat 5.95 (Android 4.4.4)

• removed "Change density on the fly"
    • fixed the auto brightness curve
    • update to Android 4.4.4
    2014_06_20_13_37_20.png
    F.A.Q

No root
    Q: I did a clean flash and don't have root access.
    A: Rood access is disabled by default on SlimKat. you need to enable it in "Developer options" set root access for Apps and ADB.

New gapps
    Q: There is a new gapps version, how do I flash it.
    A: Minor gapps updates can be flashed on top off the old version. For major updates it's often recommended by the Slim team to wipe the systems partition and flash ROM and gapps. Alternatively you can deleted system/addon.d/80-gapps.sh or 81-aio_gapps.sh and flash ROM and gapps. This prevents the old gapps to be restored during ROM flash but will allow you to keep all other custom scripts in the addon.folder.

Removed system files
    Q: I have removed a couple of system apps, do I need to do that again after every dirty ROM flash.
    A: A dirty ROM flash will restore all the ROM's system apps.You can however use a script to remove whatever you want from the ROM when you dirty flash a ROM. See this and this post on how to do that and many other cool things you can do with those scripts.

DPI settings
    Q: How can i change the DPI and what's the original S4 stock DPI.
    A: DPI Settings are not included in the ROM yet, until then you can use Texdroider DPI. Default Stock DPI is 480.

New kernel flash
    Q:I flashed a new Alucard kernel (or SlimSaberKat with new kernel included) and now not everything is working as expected.
    A:This can happen when the kernel settings options are changed (in Ramdisk), to correct this delete the "data/.alucard" folder and reboot. That will reset your kernel setting.

Dalvik to ART
    Q: How do I switch from Dalvik to ART, how do I do it.
    A: As with every major change, start by making a backup, the follow this tutorial by @Jimsilver73

SlimKat stock kernel
    Q: Where can I download the SlimKat stock kernel
    A: It can be found here, thanks to @hawkerpaul

Tips and tricks

• If you want to make Slim even Slimmer @s3icc0 made an overview of apps that are safe to remove

• To make you're phone feel even faster consider lowering "Windows animation scale", "Transmission animation scale" and "Animation duration scale" in Developer options. Also if you are using Nova Launcher you might want to increase the Scroll and Animation speed.
      My settings:
      2014_06_18_07_10_56.png
    I know a lot of you have been waiting to have Lockscreen Notifications (LSN) in the ROM.
    I made a first test build with LSN integrated in the ROM.

Features:
    - Pocket mode turn screen on when phone is pulled out of pocket and turn it off when phone gets back in pocket
    - Hide low priority notifications
    - Hide non-clearable notifications
    - Allow dismissing even non-clearable notifications from lockscreen
    - Just turn screen on when there's currently a notification pending
    - Toggle between expanded and normal notification view by longpressing
    - Wake on new notification
    - Configure notification count displayed at once
    - Privacy Mode: Hide notifications content on secure lockscreen.
    - Blacklist apps
    - Show all/dismiss all button, does not dismiss on going notifications, they must be swiped away

2014_08_07_09_25_21.png
    2014_08_07_09_34_09.png