[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v2.1.4 [Updated 01/16/16]: Nexus 7 (2013) Thread

Search This thread

WugFresh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2010
Hey Wug, Thanks for all of the updates to the toolkit for 5.0! I did a toolkit update and SuperSU 2.14 came through, so I tried rooting. I followed the process up to the Busybox Pro link, but I already had that installed. I backed out of the Playstore and tried to open SuperSU and it notified me that the binaries were not installed. RootValidater says I have SuperSu 2.14, but the binary is still 2.13. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

The procedure requires a special kernel, which the kit doesn't havs yet. An updated kit is in progress.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
When you say "takes care of root" do you mean the file flashed in the toolkit is prerooted? Bc I do not have root after flashing the 5.0 lollipop.

Do we just use the toolkit like previous to obtain root ?

Press the root button :)

If you are running lollipop it will perform the extra step of flashing a custom kernel before flashing SuperSU.

FormeriPhoney

Jan 19, 2011
Press the root button :)

If you are running lollipop it will perform the extra step of flashing a custom kernel before flashing SuperSU.

Lol. You just love to make everything so damn easy don't you?
How about custom recovery? Mainly twrp? I see I still have the bootloader unlocked sheet flashing lollipop.

Reactions: just lou

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
Lol. You just love to make everything so damn easy don't you?
How about custom recovery? Mainly twrp? I see I still have the bootloader unlocked sheet flashing lollipop.

Haha, yes. Simple is the goal. Just like before, if you want custom recovery flashed you can check that box under the root button before rooting... Or you can always flash a custom recovery with advanced utilities > flash recovery button.

orlandoxpolice

Mar 6, 2007
Installed 1.8.9 a few days ago without a problem. Went to open the program today to autoupdate and Avast flags with Win32:Evo-gen Virus. I went to download the entire program again and was flagged for Win32 Dropper-gen. Assuming false positives but it is weird the installation worked a few days ago without any flags.

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
Installed 1.8.9 a few days ago without a problem. Went to open the program today to autoupdate and Avast flags with Win32:Evo-gen Virus. I went to download the entire program again and was flagged for Win32 Dropper-gen. Assuming false positives but it is weird the installation worked a few days ago without any flags.

I reported it to avast. Hopefully they resolve it quickly.

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
I reported it to avast. Hopefully they resolve it quickly.

Avast said its whitelisted now :)

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
I finally got the root tool kit to recognize my Nexus 7 - I went ahead with adb sideloading 4.4.3 from here...

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/0...-for-android-4-4-3-ktu84l-on-the-nexus-7-lte/

And the Nexus is still showing that it's 4.4.2. Any reason why that may be?

Did you receive any errors when sideloading?

You could always flash stock directly with Flash Stock + Unroot (and enable no wipe mode in the toolkits main options menu).

ariesgodofwar

Jun 10, 2010
Fenton
Android Wear
OnePlus 6T
I had minor an issue with 1.9.2. I was starting fresh with a locked bootloader on 4.4.4. Unlocked bootloader, and when I ran the root script afterwards, it stalled out after bringing TWRP up. Just sat there saying "Waiting for Device" on the TWRP screen. I gave it a few minutes, and nothing happened, so I manually rebooted to system from TWRP, and the toolkit then caught back up with it as soon as the tablet powered on, and gave me the message about SuperSU and Busybox. Not a big deal for me, but might be for someone who is not as familiar with what they are doing. Never had this issue on previous versions that I recall. Perhaps they changed something with the coding on TWRP so the reboot command is not being issued properly, or was this just a fluke?

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
I had minor an issue with 1.9.2. I was starting fresh with a locked bootloader on 4.4.4. Unlocked bootloader, and when I ran the root script afterwards, it stalled out after bringing TWRP up. Just sat there saying "Waiting for Device" on the TWRP screen. I gave it a few minutes, and nothing happened, so I manually rebooted to system from TWRP, and the toolkit then caught back up with it as soon as the tablet powered on, and gave me the message about SuperSU and Busybox. Not a big deal for me, but might be for someone who is not as familiar with what they are doing. Never had this issue on previous versions that I recall. Perhaps they changed something with the coding on TWRP so the reboot command is not being issued properly, or was this just a fluke?

Its possible. I read somewhere that 2.7 something was more stable than the 2.8.0.1 build. I haven't encounter the issue you are describing on any of my devices, nor did I change any code in NRT that would have influenced that. Try rooting again and reproducing the problem. Let me know if you can reproduce it. Cheers.

kx4sam

Jun 21, 2011
Summerville
Wow,
I have been through many devices and THIS IS THE BEST I have seen. I obtained a refurbished 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, and now have root, tititaium backup, and TWRP.

Thanks to the OP for great work!

Reactions: WugFresh

ritchea

Attachments

• lock.png
    lock.png
    63.6 KB · Views: 461
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

GDhJYE8.jpg

q1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    I can't find 1.6.6 it still says "Version 1.6.6 coming soon, ETA = 07.28.2013"
    Thanks.

Maybe try clearing browser cache. Here are some external mirrors:

Mediafire: [redacted]
    Dev-host: [redacted]

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    Hey guys/girls - I know I have been a bit MIA on XDA, but I am still around :)

If I missed any of your posts - my bad. I will try to back track through this thread.

NRT v2.0.7 is out now with support for all the new marshmallow builds, and a whole big script on my end to keep supporting new ones as they come out. NRT v2.0.6 had some bugs - so I am sorry if any of you were having complications with that release.

Make sure you update the kit to the latest masterlists via the update button, or letting it auto update on start (as of this post the latest are 3092). Cheers! Enjoy!

{{ WugFresh }}
    I can't find 1.6.6 it still says "Version 1.6.6 coming soon, ETA = 07.28.2013"
    Thanks.
    NRT v1.8.4 is up and live. Cheers.

{{ WugFresh }}