[HowTo] Install Recovery/Root Galaxy Tab 3 Lite - 7.0 (SM-T111)

Search This thread

Keff91

Jan 28, 2012
KL
Hey, just want to share a proper full working rooting guide for this device. I'm able to get root working with the updated stock firmware 4.2.2. :D

Here are some steps:

Get a custom TWRP Recovery
1. Download and unzip Odin 3.09 (Use this, MUST)
2. Get ready your device and boot into Download Mode. (Press Volume Down, Power and Home button together)
3. Press Volume UP after you in Download Mode.
4. Connect your device to computer now by using USB cable.
4. Open Odin with Auto-reboot and F.Reset time enabled. (Auto-reboot Uncheck/Check here doesn't matter if using updated Odin 3.09 here)
5. Select AP and choose TWRP recovery. You can download from here. (Thanks to @gr8nole)
6. Click 'Start' afterwards.
7. Done. Now you should have custom recovery working.

Note: Don't use CWM recovery as CWM is not working properly. :confused:

Root
1. Boot into TWRP recovery by pressing Volume Up, Power and Home button together.
2. Flash supersu.
3. Restart system. You now have root working. SuperSu apps should installed on your device.

Screenshot

1qn61j8ab4msshmfg.jpg

Feel free to ask any question here. But I expect you know root will get warranty void and I'm not responsible for any damage you get, e.g. Soft Brick. Thanks.

XDA:DevDB Information
[HowTo] Root Galaxy Tab 3 Lite - 7.0 (SM-T111), Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0

Contributors
Keff91

Version Information

Created 2014-11-07
Last Updated 2014-11-07

EricGoldstein

Nov 7, 2014
Hey, just want to share a proper full working rooting guide for this device. I'm able to get root working with the updated stock firmware 4.2.2. :D

Here are some steps:

1. Download and unzip(Use this, MUST)
2. Get ready your device and boot into Download Mode. (Press Volume Down, Power and Home button together)
4. Open Odin with Auto-reboot and F.Reset time enabled. (Auto-reboot Uncheck/Check here doesn't matter if using updated Odin 3.09 here)
5. Select AP and choose TWRP recovery. You can download from . (Thanks to @gr8nole)

Doesn't seem to be working. I got to the point of adding TWRP recovery and Odin return "<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)"

I'm running 4.2.2 on a SM-T111M

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Doesn't seem to be working. I got to the point of adding TWRP recovery and Odin return "<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)"

I'm running 4.2.2 on a SM-T111M

Please ignore this, I was stupid and forgot to put it into download mode.

galaxytab3lite

Feb 17, 2015
Hey,
I got the SM-T113 but I supposed this should have worked.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)
But it just goes to normal recovery instead of TWRP recovery, thus I can't install root.
What to do about this?

Ikkuh84

Nov 7, 2010
Den Bosch
Hey,
I got the SM-T113 but I supposed this should have worked.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)
But it just goes to normal recovery instead of TWRP recovery, thus I can't install root.
What to do about this?

Anybody? I miss root so much. Compared to my phone (which is rooted) this thing is almost useless for the things I want to do with it. :crying:

uzmel

Apr 3, 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushil888

i used kingoroot successfully
On the SM-T133 edition kingoroot doesnt work on v 4.4.4

Reactions: cjmac

lanre66

Jul 16, 2015
lagos
HELP

i installed twrp and rooted my sm-t111 and now i cant boot into twrp keeps rebooting, please what do i do and if its to flash it, where can i get the firmware for sm-t111 for free and able to flash it with odin

risfan

Dec 2, 2012
sidoarjo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here are some steps:

1. Download and unzip Odin 3.09 (Use this, MUST)
    5. Select AP and choose TWRP recovery. You can download from here. (Thanks to @gr8nole)

Note: Don't use CWM recovery as CWM is not working properly. :confused:

Root
    1. Boot into TWRP recovery by pressing Volume Up, Power and Home button together.
    2. Flash supersu.
    3. Restart system. You now have root working. SuperSu apps should installed on your device.

Screenshot

1qn61j8ab4msshmfg.jpg

Feel free to ask any question here. But I expect you know root will get warranty void and I'm not responsible for any damage you get, e.g. Soft Brick. Thanks.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [HowTo] Root Galaxy Tab 3 Lite - 7.0 (SM-T111), Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0

Contributors
    Keff91

Version Information

Created 2014-11-07
    Last Updated 2014-11-07
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sushil888

i used kingoroot successfully
    On the SM-T133 edition kingoroot doesnt work on v 4.4.4
    Hello,
    For the sm-t113 lite version, I have written some elements here :
    http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-3/general/how-to-root-sm-t113-t3076658