[Q&A] [ROM][BETA][D850][UNOFFICIAL]Cyanogenmod 11 | KK 4.4.4 | BUMPED

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [ROM][BETA][D850][UNOFFICIAL]Cyanogenmod 11 | KK 4.4.4 | BUMPED

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [ROM][BETA][D850][UNOFFICIAL]Cyanogenmod 11 | KK 4.4.4 | BUMPED. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

HermieTheBoa

Sep 3, 2014
Screen brightness

The screen brightness seems to be rather low even when on 100%. Not sure if i just think it is or what.

gashadow

Dec 7, 2010
I flashed an unofficial version of the Mahdi rom. It worked mostly OK but I lost root access for all root apps. It was still rooted because I then flashed an unofficial version of Cyanogen Mod. Again I lost root access for all root apps. I am on my third flash of Cm, all with the same problem. Apparently many people have had the same problem but I have yet to read of any real solution. Can anyone help me with this?

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app

CFSlayer

Nov 14, 2014
Im not sure if im thr only one that has noticed but, the volume from the loudspeaker seems to be a bit lower than that of the stock rom when it is set up to max volume. Anyone else has noticed it?

By the way, awesome work here, i really love this rom and ive been using it since the new kernel patch, flawless!

BB6H22LUDE

Feb 5, 2014
Phoenix
m.facebook.com
I've noticed that the vibration feedback is way low. And adjusting in in the sounds setting doesn't really help. Only have a few problems.
1. Phone can not charge while turned off; turns right back on
2. Can not send MMS messages; it sends but the person receiving them does not receive them lol.
3. Bluetooth apparently doesn't work for calls; you can however use it as speakers for media and such.
Thank you

krazyflipj

Jan 14, 2008
I've noticed that the vibration feedback is way low. And adjusting in in the sounds setting doesn't really help. Only have a few problems.
1. Phone can not charge while turned off; turns right back on
2. Can not send MMS messages; it sends but the person receiving them does not receive them lol.
3. Bluetooth apparently doesn't work for calls; you can however use it as speakers for media and such.
Thank you

#2 not having this issue. Try sending an MMS to yourself.
#3 This is a known issue that the devs are working on

Reactions: BB6H22LUDE

oranget

Feb 14, 2013
Is bluetooth not working? Only thing i can find that does not work. Cannot pair up with anything..it turns on but always says nothing found. Trying to connect a bluetooth speaker.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

BB6H22LUDE

Feb 5, 2014
Phoenix
m.facebook.com
Alright I will try sending myself one. I sent one to my roommate's phone and yet they didn't even get a notification. Sent an SMS to same person and no problem. Have you actually tried sending an MMS to someone other than yourself? If not try and get back to us please. Thanks.

Sent from my awesome SIM Unlocked D850 from the XDA free mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

Yeah I connected to a jabra Bluetooth that I use to watch movies on my phone since it's louder. It will connect but say no phone next to it's name. Tried calling and it only comes from phone.

Reactions: oranget

krazyflipj

Jan 14, 2008
Alright I will try sending myself one. I sent one to my roommate's phone and yet they didn't even get a notification. Sent an SMS to same person and no problem. Have you actually tried sending an MMS to someone other than yourself? If not try and get back to us please. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

Yeah I connected to a jabra Bluetooth that I use to watch movies on my phone since it's louder. It will connect but say no phone next to it's name. Tried calling and it only comes from phone.

Yes I sent MMS successfully. When flashing a beta ROM, that is one of the first things I test. Are you using stock messaging? Maybe try with Hangouts or another app.

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------

Is bluetooth not working? Only thing i can find that does not work. Cannot pair up with anything..it turns on but always says nothing found. Trying to connect a bluetooth speaker.

Calling features aren't working. Listening to music and connecting to smart watches are working.

Last edited:

oranget

Feb 14, 2013
Ok..i got bluetooth finally to connect. This rom is running solid now for over 11 hours and NO problems. Solid work!

krazyflipj

Jan 14, 2008

BB6H22LUDE

Feb 5, 2014
Phoenix
m.facebook.com
How does everyone's LED look while charging? Mine looks a lot more dim. Yes I know it's still in its infancy. Trying to give my opinion. Thanks again.

oranget

Feb 14, 2013
How does everyone's LED look while charging? Mine looks a lot more dim. Yes I know it's still in its infancy. Trying to give my opinion. Thanks again.

Mine is bright yellow while charging. Then when it gets above 95% turns green.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @timmytim What cpu governor do you recommend for best battery life? I'm reading mixed things about interactive, ondemand, and conservative.

I run conservative and recommend that one for battery life.

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

Another bug to report, battery stats don't reset after full charge...

Just noticed this myself today. Thank you :D
    Has anyone tried Xposed & G3 TweaksBox on this ROM?

G3 Tweaksbox is definitely designed for the stock ROM. Most of the options are not going to work on any non-stock ROM. That being said, there are plenty of options for modifying the phone on CM or other "vanilla" ROMs. Most people are going to use Gravity Box. http://xdaforums.com/xposed/modules/app-gravitybox-v3-1-5-tweak-box-android-t2554049

I tried Gravity Box on the CM build and it seemed to work fine.

Yes I sent MMS successfully. When flashing a beta ROM, that is one of the first things I test. Are you using stock messaging? Maybe try with Hangouts or another app.

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------

Calling features aren't working. Listening to music and connecting to smart watches are working.
    Another bug to report, battery stats don't reset after full charge...

So the only times I now get kernel panics is when downloading something or using tethering.
    That needs to be fixed eventually and another biggie for me is to have the phone charge while off. Keep it up devs

sent from my awesome lg g3 d850 running buttery smooth with @TimNytim's cm11