Nexus 6 Full Review Compilation

Search This thread

hasbrobot

May 22, 2010
Hmm...It's either the over saturation factor with Samsung. Or the note 4 is brighter. Are they both by chance at max brightness?

Thank you very much for the pictures!

posted while using my note 3

mjs2011

May 25, 2011
Those photos actually make me feel better about the Nexus screen. Looks good.

donnyp1

May 7, 2008
Wichita
The nexus screen looks very good. Believe your own opinion instead of a review. Movie reviews are a great example

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Master Ramy

Aug 28, 2011
Placentia, California
Hmm...It's either the over saturation factor with Samsung. Or the note 4 is brighter. Are they both by chance at max brightness?

Thank you very much for the pictures!

posted while using my note 3
the note is a bit brighter, but its a brightness I wouldn't ever personally use; its too bright so as to be blinding. The photos should be full resolution, so if you zoom in on the comparison shot on the play store icon, you will see how the nexus colors are deeper and more real, with the other one looking washed out a bit due to extra brightness.

Thanks for sharing the photos!

Absolutely! Figured I had to share with you guys like I wanted everyone to share with me

Those photos actually make me feel better about the Nexus screen. Looks good.

Funny story, when she gave me the phone I said "ohh, you don't have a live display eh, just the dummy?" And she said "no its live." Then I touched the screen and freaked out. It looked completely like a picture. That's why I took that angled shot to show that effect.

The nexus screen looks very good. Believe your own opinion instead of a review. Movie reviews are a great example

Indeed, even better to go play with the device at a store nearby! :) nexus photos and video and my impressions are coming very soon, shift almost over.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 04:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 AM ----------

Thanks! Do you actually have the device or did you play with one in the store?
I played with it in store

biggiestuff

Nov 12, 2009
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
the note is a bit brighter, but its a brightness I wouldn't ever personally use; its too bright so as to be blinding. The photos should be full resolution, so if you zoom in on the comparison shot on the play store icon, you will see how the nexus colors are deeper and more real, with the other one looking washed out a bit due to extra brightness.

Absolutely! Figured I had to share with you guys like I wanted everyone to share with me

Funny story, when she gave me the phone I said "ohh, you don't have a live display eh, just the dummy?" And she said "no its live." Then I touched the screen and freaked out. It looked completely like a picture. That's why I took that angled shot to show that effect.

Indeed, even better to go play with the device at a store nearby! :) nexus photos and video and my impressions are coming very soon, shift almost over.

---------- Post added at 04:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 AM ----------

I played with it in store

The trim looks more gray then blue. Is that true?

CLARiiON

Apr 10, 2013
So true to tradition, Google releases another Nexus with sub-par screen and bad batterylife. You couldn't fault google to keep-up with tradition.
Even though Note 4 is double bright, it does 7 hrs more video playback than Nexus with same SOC and same battery capacity and running an older version of OS.
So much for nexus hype!

Reactions: msavic6

mjs2011

May 25, 2011
So true to tradition, Google releases another Nexus with sub-par screen and bad batterylife. You couldn't fault google to keep-up with tradition.

Even though Note 4 is double bright, it does 7 hrs more video playback than Nexus with same SOC and same battery capacity and running an older version of OS.

So much for nexus hype!

You're right. Everyone here that has one is pretty upset. Oh.....wait....

warrenbert

Nov 11, 2012
Cupertino
I'm pretty pissed so far about Android 6.0. iOS 10 is so much better.

I don't get involved in Google vs. Apple debates, but I will say that I am glad there are multiple smartphone operating systems which keeps them all working on their products. Competition benefits everyone (except perhaps the losers in the ecosystem). If Jobs' team of lawyers were able to kill Android, then iOS would still be on version 4 or 5.

Reactions: hsj1906

hahajoker

Feb 21, 2009
Just an FYI, the battery issues might not be specific to the Nexus 6. Ever since upgrading to 5.0 my nexus 5 battery life has been awful. If you visit the Nexus 5 forums, you'll see it's a common issue. Hopefully once some of the early lollipop issues are worked out, an update will improve the battery life.

donnyp1

May 7, 2008
Wichita
So much for nexus hype!

You, sir, are a ,........

Prod1702

May 31, 2007
Just an FYI, the battery issues might not be specific to the Nexus 6. Ever since upgrading to 5.0 my nexus 5 battery life has been awful. If you visit the Nexus 5 forums, you'll see it's a common issue. Hopefully once some of the early lollipop issues are worked out, an update will improve the battery life.

I am only getting 4 to 5 hours of SOT with my HTC One M8 running 5.0 GPE as well. So it may be a Android bug.

Master Ramy

Aug 28, 2011
Placentia, California
Alright so I promised some impressions, I just got home, here's what I know:

1. I could've sworn that unit was a dummy, that's how flat and flawless the screen looked, like it was just a sticker. The screen is excellent and viewing angels are as well.

2. Yes, the Note 4 seems brighter, but at full brightness it is not a brightness I would want to use. Its glaring ad washes out all colors. The N6 at its brightest isn't glaring, its clean. Like e-ink displays at their highest brightness. Colors remain strong and vibrant without popping unnaturally ( zoom in on play store icon on nexus and n4 to see what I mean)

3. This thing is massive, but not heavy.

4. Speakers are loud and clear (didn't try out bass much, sorry)

5. Camera is quick and seems to take good photos. Nothing to call home about, but not an average nexus camera too. If someone can port a galaxy camera app to the nexus 6, I can see some real wow moments.

6. I took some comparison shots by nexus 6 vs galaxy s5, you tell me if you see a difference. I love the S5 camera so equivalent or better is what I was hoping for. Annoying google camera app aside, I'd say this accomplishes it.

7. Smooooth. This thing is smooth, and the recent apps menu is awesome. It didn't stutter at all during my time with it, and ran everything well. Not sure what the latest firmware is, but I have an about shot in my earlier post, maybe someone can tell us if its the newest build or not?

8. Back to the size, average men's jean side pocket, I stuck it in, it went from bottom of pocket all the way to the stitching lip, right below where it would be sticking out. Its big and will take some getting used to.

9. That curve makes it sit firmly in your hand, very comfortable to hold, even one handed. Usage of course is better with two, as it is with all phablets.

10. The bezel is not GS3 blue. It is gray with a dark blue sheen that you can see at just the right light. See the photo above the camera on the back, then the one of the side buttons to see what I mean.

Overall, I approve, though I wish I'd thought about putting a better background on the phone. That background makes it look so dull!

Last edited:

donnyp1

May 7, 2008
Wichita
I am only getting 4 to 5 hours of SOT with my HTC One M8 running 5.0 GPE as well. So it may be a Android bug.

I got 6hrs 15min sot on Dev preview. Battery life will vary, per user, per apps, and countless other factors that come in to play. You can get 1.5 or 6 on a nexus 5. It will always vary.

Top Liked Posts