Swindon

Attachments

• PRV_IMG.png
    PRV_IMG.png
    219.1 KB · Views: 542

nooberjones

Nov 6, 2010
Christmas Digital Face

This is a digital face with a countdown to christmas.

Attachments

• christmas.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 55
  • icon.png
    icon.png
    205.3 KB · Views: 422
Last edited:
Reactions: socheat

F1USGP

Sep 10, 2010
Well... still work in progress, but I think it's not bad for a complete photoshop rebuild... with some little touches by me of course.
At this moment it has more than 30 moving elements... which includes the 23 ''rolling" segments of the digital display.
And as usual with my watchfaces... user selectable colors.

How's it coming along? I am excited to see your work on this.

OpenMind_NL

Nov 13, 2013
How's it coming along? I am excited to see your work on this.

Consisting of 23 rolling display segments, 8 rotating gears and a few other moving elements, this theme is a real heavy-weight. A quick count brings me to almost 60 image-files arranged in several graphic layers.

When everything is moving all the time, it results in a rather shocking image... And that's not shocking like in "WOW! Great!", but shocking like in not nice moving :D

Some technical background info for who's interested;
Choppy movements is a disadvantage of JavaScript compared to lower-level programming languages.
JavaScript works with a so called JIT compiler instead of a "full" compiler. JIT stands for Just In Time, which means that a computer has to translate parts of the code to a native cpu-language right before the code will be executed... Just In Time.
Lower level languages will compile the complete code to a native CPU-language before the program is distributed. Those programs work a lot faster and wont have a problem with many moving objects.
Rotating an image object, like with gearwheels or clock-hands is a relative heavy task for a CPU as it needs to calculate with sine and cosine and move large chunks of information in memory.... for each object... up to 25 or 30 times per second to get fluid movie-like movements..

So, besides having a few nose-dripping days, I'm still in the process of fine-tuning the code.
Without optimizing the code it wont be more than 6 frames per second. I hope to press a few more frames per second out of the relative slow Gear-CPUs. :fingers-crossed:

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

.... and maybe I'm just a crazy perfectionist.... I need reading glasses to see the watch o.k.... and besides that I need an extra looking glass to see some gears moving ROFL :laugh:

Consisting of 23 rolling display segments, 8 rotating gears and a few other moving elements, this theme is a real heavy-weight. A quick count brings me to almost 60 image-files arranged in several graphic layers.

When everything is moving all the time, it results in a rather shocking image... And that's not shocking like in "WOW! Great!", but shocking like in not nice moving :D

Some technical background info for who's interested;
Choppy movements is a disadvantage of JavaScript compared to lower-level programming languages.
JavaScript works with a so called JIT compiler instead of a "full" compiler. JIT stands for Just In Time, which means that a computer has to translate parts of the code to a native cpu-language right before the code will be executed... Just In Time.
Lower level languages will compile the complete code to a native CPU-language before the program is distributed. Those programs work a lot faster and wont have a problem with many moving objects.
Rotating an image object, like with gearwheels or clock-hands is a relative heavy task for a CPU as it needs to calculate with sine and cosine and move large chunks of information in memory.... for each object... up to 25 or 30 times per second to get fluid movie-like movements..

So, besides having a few nose-dripping days, I'm still in the process of fine-tuning the code.
Without optimizing the code it wont be more than 6 frames per second. I hope to press a few more frames per second out of the relative slow Gear-CPUs. :fingers-crossed:

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

.... and maybe I'm just a crazy perfectionist.... I need reading glasses to see the watch o.k.... and besides that I need an extra looking glass to see some gears moving ROFL :laugh:

LOL. Sounds like quite a job. I hope you get some rest in between your hard work. :good: :highfive: ;)

recDNA

Aug 24, 2011
we should have separate threads for watch styler faces and null faces.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts