[REF] List of apps that work with Nexus Player

Search This thread

codya321

Aug 7, 2010
Wait a minute. You're saying that you can't play the videos? That's what I meant by "it doesn't work on Lollipop"...a video streaming app that doesn't play videos is essentially good for nothing. However, I did just play a video from it...so it does seem to be working.

I can play videos on my lollipop nexus 7 all day... Videos wont play on nexus player.

Lollipop isnt the problem...

bsara

Aug 16, 2011
Utah
bsara.github.io
I can play videos on my lollipop nexus 7 all day... Videos wont play on nexus player.

Lollipop isnt the problem...

oh, I see what you mean. sorry for the confusion. there seems to be quite a few streaming apps that don't work on NP but will work on other lollipop devices I wonder what the commonality is?

I'm probably wrong about the official NBC app too...I'll double check that one.

codya321

Aug 7, 2010
oh, I see what you mean. sorry for the confusion. there seems to be quite a few streaming apps that don't work on NP but will work on other lollipop devices I wonder what the commonality is?

I'm probably wrong about the official NBC app too...I'll double check that one.

No worries.

Yea seems odd to me, its the same with amazon instant video... The app launches fine, can navigate no problem, but wont play the video. Acts just like xfinity go.

lse4

Feb 9, 2009
I was able to get xfinity tv up and running but I couldn't change channels with the player remote

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Free mobile app

lse4

Feb 9, 2009
You were able to get a video to start playing?

I use a mouse to navigate the app

Yeah I was able to get video but just my first channel then I couldn't do anything after.. Maybe I need to invest in a little mini bluetooth keyboard

volwrath

Oct 10, 2006
Nashville
After I rooted I attempted to sideload foldermount to move game folders to OTG USB, and it gave an error where a directory should have been, but its probably user error.

Link2SD looks alot nicer (and can be installed via playstore) but I havent successfully moved anything to SD yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: bsara

Elrondolio

Aug 10, 2010
After I rooted I attempted to sideload foldermount to move game folders to OTG USB, and it gave an error where a directory should have been, but its probably user error.

Link2SD looks alot nicer (and can be installed via playstore) but I havent successfully moved anything to SD yet.

Are you using StickMount to mount the external drive to / ?

Did you use the latest version of foldermount v2.7? He says he has support for Lollipop. I am away on business today so can't test the options so look forward to any reports on this.

There are a few more options for mounting data to SD such as GL to SD and a nice plugin for Xposed called OBB on SD. Don't know if the Xposed framework works yet either but that'll open up a bunch of options when/if it is.

Last edited:

volwrath

Oct 10, 2006
Nashville
Are you using StickMount to mount the external drive to / ?

Did you use the latest version of foldermount v2.7? He says he has support for Lollipop. I am away on business today so can't test the options so look forward to any reports on this.

There are a few more options for mounting data to SD such as GL to SD and a nice plugin for Xposed called OBB on SD. Don't know if the Xposed framework works yet either but that'll open up a bunch of options when/if it is.

Actually I did not use stickmount because ES explorer was seeing my OTG.

I see that was a mistake so I installed stickmount and it mounted correctly. Unfortunately the latest version of folder mount still did not work. Its probably user error though. I am going to play around with it :p

bsara

Aug 16, 2011
Utah
bsara.github.io
Yeah I was able to get video but just my first channel then I couldn't do anything after.. Maybe I need to invest in a little mini bluetooth keyboard

You really were able to play a video on the Nexus Player?! Not just the commercial at the beginning? Whenever I try to play something, it plays the commercial, then just spins for all eternity or crashes.

Which firmware do you have on the Player? LRX21M or LRX21V?

codya321

Aug 7, 2010
You really were able to play a video on the Nexus Player?! Not just the commercial at the beginning? Whenever I try to play something, it plays the commercial, then just spins for all eternity or crashes.

Intereating, i cant even get a video to play at all... No commercials... Nothing...
It starts to act like its going to buffer a video, then kicks me back to the video selection..

Munkee915

Sep 17, 2007
OP I know you listed Limelight for Root as working but I was able to load the non-rooted version of Limelight through Play store and it works great. In case you want to update the list there.

Reactions: bsara

lse4

Feb 9, 2009

Which app are you trying? Xfinity tv app or xfinity tv go app?

lse4

Feb 9, 2009

I'm on lrx21M

Attachments

• 1416711416053.jpg
    1416711416053.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 526
  • 1416711491837.jpg
    1416711491837.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 522
  • 1416711514153.jpg
    1416711514153.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 526