[Kernel][LP-CAF] Render Kernel [D80x/LS/VS980/F320x][R3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
R25 running really well on PlainAndy last release-- As to be expected with your kernel! ? @RenderBroken One issue I did encounter while trying to flash with TWRP 2.8.1.1(gator's build) the "kernel cleaner" script gives an error message and fails to install... I tried with R24 and have R23 and same result. I think I have the log- will email to you and Gator as well

Reactions: Formhault

RenderBroken

Recognized Developer
Sep 14, 2013
/home/renderbroken/android
R25 running really well on PlainAndy last release-- As to be expected with your kernel! ? @RenderBroken One issue I did encounter while trying to flash with TWRP 2.8.1.1(gator's build) the "kernel cleaner" script gives an error message and fails to install... I tried with R24 and have R23 and same result. I think I have the log- will email to you and Gator as well

What kernel cleaning script? Have not heard of it.

RenderBroken

Recognized Developer
Sep 14, 2013
/home/renderbroken/android
I have problems with the WiFi stays in establishing connection but never connected my phone is 802 and I've had a few restarts a part of Chrome closes forced

I am not certain this is kernel related. Maybe alittle more info could help me. Did you have any problems with Wifi using the stock kernel that came with CM12 or whatever Lollipop Rom you used? I had a small issue and rebooting fixed it. Apparently this is a known bug for Android L but dont know if its the actual bug or something else.

I keep getting about. blank page when clicking on media fire link in op
Trying to download from Phone? Open in desktop view

Reactions: ruymanca

zubeedubs

Mar 31, 2014
trento, italy
I am not certain this is kernel related. Maybe alittle more info could help me. Did you have any problems with Wifi using the stock kernel that came with CM12 or whatever Lollipop Rom you used? I had a small issue and rebooting fixed it. Apparently this is a known bug for Android L but dont know if its the actual bug or something else.

Trying to download from Phone? Open in desktop view
I can confirm, it was the same for me

Reactions: ruymanca

ruymanca

Aug 6, 2010
Canary Island (Spain)

My ROM is liquimod and before installing the kernel worked well all just downloaded the new version for the 802 and will install, will comment that such source in a while thanks for your answer

Reactions: zubeedubs

Roco91

Jul 10, 2012
D800, just installed L2 on CM12 11/23 - Made some calls, used Chrome, installed a couple apps and everything is working great.

goast

Aug 18, 2012
Hinesville, Ga
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    renderkernel_withbackground.jpg

for AOSP Based Roms!​

Now supporting LP-CAF Roms for the G2!! Note that I am no longer supporting my old Kernels for KK or LP.

Code:
    /*  *** Disclaimer
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, 
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research 
    * if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * BOOM goes the Dynamite
    */

My goal with this kernel is to be a very fast and stable build that offers some things that the other kernels do not. I want to initiate Development Discussions amongst the community. This will be a noob friendly thread as long as the new users follow 2 rules. First is to do some research before asking. Most likely your question has already been asked. If not in this thread then in another. Second is BE RESPECTFUL. You do these two things and even the most hardened Dev will assist you.

Current Features
    General List:

* Synapse Support - Complete Kernel Control!
    * Built with UBER A15 Linaro 4.9.2 Toolchain
    * Hotplugs: MSM_Limiter, Intelliplug, and Bricked Hotplug
    * MSM_Limiter by @neobuddy89 adds Per-Core Functionality
    * Simplified_Thermal by @Sultanxda
    * Governors: Lionheart, Impulse, Blu_Active, YankActive, IntelliMinMax and SmartMAX
    * Schedulers: FIOPS, ROW, BFQ-v7, SIO, DEADLINE, NOOP, CFQ and ZEN
    * Adreno_Idler: Makes GPU Idle better when not in use
    * GCC Tweaks for Cortex A15
    * Numerous CAF Patches!
    * Added Sysfs for GENTLE_FAIR_SLEEPERS
    * Quick Wakeup (See HERE) * Dynamic FSync

I recommend Synapse and my special version of UKM for Kernel Tuning
    Google Play Store Link
    You can get my version of UKM here: Render-UKM

Instructions:

* Boot into Recovery
    * (Recommended) Make a complete backup of entire rom (DUH?!)
    * Make sure to flash the appropriate bootstack for your model!
    * Flash Render Kernel
    * Reboot

Download:
    LP-CAF Downloads

Changelog:
    https://github.com/RenderBroken/msm8974_G2_render_kernel/commits/master

THANKS!!!!
    First I want to say thank you to everyone who has answered my questions and responded to my pm's when I know they are busy with their own lives. Pretty much everyone I have come into contact with here on XDA has been truly helpful and respectful. Here is a list of people that had helped me in one way or the other:

myfluxi, Dorimanx, Neobuddy89, Savoca, Faux123, Blechd0se, and Many More!

Thank you guys! Without your contributions to the community we would not have the level of performance, stability and interaction that we have today

Special Thanks!

Donators: @nfin1te, @MrDarkKV, @V1TRU, @Really now

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Kernel][LP-CAF] Render Kernel [D80x/LS/VS980/F320x][R3], Kernel for the LG G2

Contributors
    RenderBroken, MrDarkKV
    Source Code: https://github.com/RenderBroken/msm8974_G2-CAF_render_kernel

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2014-07-03
    Last Updated 2015-12-10
    LP-CAF Downloads: HERE

Old Builds (Deprecated): HERE
    So far in R6:

Sound Control Locking mechanism works automatically now! Yea!

Slimbus Overclocked and optimized - Should further increase sound quality!

Kexec Hardboot patched in

Underclocking

Ultra Conservative tuned (yet with no lag somehow?! lol)

Setup CONFIG_MSM_RUN_QUEUE_STATS_BE_CONSERVATIVE (Essentially hot-plugging occurs when your run-queue aka load level gets to a certain level. What this new options does is make the calculation more conservative. TL DR Should help increasing batter performance)

Oh and f2fs. (Finishing scripts to auto change fstab to mount partitions properly and automatically depending on whether you have EXT4 or F2FS!)

I may add something else in last minute, WHO KNOWS! Also I will be working on R26 for KK as well such ass:

Sound Control Locking

Slimbus Overclocked and optimized

Setup CONFIG_MSM_RUN_QUEUE_STATS_BE_CONSERVATIVE

F2FS (ppl have been asking forever for this and have been asking nicely! Time to reward that!)

LP-R6 s almost done and KK-R26 is mapped out and should be easy enough to complete.
    Why Render is not a "Reconized Dev" on XDA ???
    What can we do to make what he deserve ?

Actually, I guess its time to reveal. I have just recently been made a Recognized Developer! Just takes time on their end to get me all setup. I was gunna wait till it showed up but I guess now is as good a time as any!
    Hey guys, I am currently working on R6 on my new VPS. It should be done today. I am pretty excited for its release because i feel it is one of the more complete releases for LP so far. Also @MrDarkKV has been working VERY hard with my new kernel site and I am pretty impressed with everything he has done on his own! He wanted to just help me and other devs out. So he told me about his battery crapping out last night and I talked him into setting up a PalPal accounts. It took some prodding because he didn't feel it was right but I convinced him that his work has made downloading my kernel easier than ever! Not only can you download it on the phone now, you can download it on almost ANY device/browser! That's pretty cool! You guys should know me by now that I don't do this for the money and neither does MrDarkKV. My argument was, if your battery went out and you had to buy a new phone and it wasn't the G2, you would not feel as invested in the G2 community and would lose interest. So I will post the paypal link below and in OP#1 and ONLY if you have the means and are happy with what he has done, feel free to donate. Do not feel obligated AT ALL. I just wanted to show him the appreciation I have for him. The battery on Ebay is about $30. Thanks Guys! Hand tight for today and I should have a brand new release incoming!

PayPal for MrDarkKV

Also one last bit of news:

I am an official member of Team OSE (Open Source Evolution) and we have been very hard at work at building an LP rom that We as devs want to use as our own Daily Driver. I am happy to announce that we will soon be releasing our baby to the world. I have been testing and using it for about over a week now and I am VERY impressed, not only is it not just a CM12 clone, it has features that others do not have yet. It is based off of SlimLP. I cant wait to share this with you all. Of cource my kernel will be included! The other members of OSE are:

@timpohladthomas
    @lownslow200sx

Kind Regards,
    Zachariah