Attachments

• cwm-radio-mako-m9615a-cefwmazm-2.0.1701.04.zip
    18 MB · Views: 272
Last edited:

dcop7

Jul 5, 2011
Leiria
Here's the one for the OP: http://d-h.st/505y

Extracted radio version 1.04 (modem.img / radio-mako-m9615a-cefwmazm-2.0.1701.04) from Lollipop/5.0 Factory Image for mako (Nexus 4). Build: LRX21T.

Enjoy! (Mirror coming soon...)

MEGA: https://mega.co.nz/#!cAkkRDYK!oLfmXBq6uI56FFiUkqVtQf884HuznvyE1_9n-Z_1mbI

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1qukwt6pm93yukv/cwm-radio-mako-m9615a-cefwmazm-2.0.1701.04.zip?dl=0

Strange, I have an error flashing this. Says that cannot open the ZIP. I've download twice. Does anyone have the same problem?

dcop7

Jul 5, 2011
Leiria
Here is a new ZIP of the radio 1.04 that is working, for me at least.

Attachments

• cwm-radio-mako-m9615a-cefwmazm-2.0.1701.04_v2.zip
    17.6 MB · Views: 463
Reactions: keyra74

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
can I flash the radio .27 or .98 on lollipop ?
Yes... I assume you mean the .27/.98 hybrid radio. Although I haven't heard anyone say it is flawless or not.

Try the .27/1.04 or .33/1.04 hybrids, if neither work an older version won't either.

Honestly, the 1.04 hybrids are the best ones I've used for WiFi and battery friendliness. All .27 based hybrids will perform the same with mobile data, as will all .33 based hybrids, since essentially what the hybrid radio is taking the stock version like 1.04 and removing the mobile voice and data radio portion and replacing it with that piece from the old JellyBean radios where LTE wasn't disabled yet, the all use those same radios as the base.

You are welcome to try older radios in Lollipop, they may work fine, may not work at all, or give you anything in between... Radio/firmware mismatches often result in rotation, camera, and other "sensor" related issues, but you can't really brick a Nexus device by flashing an incorrect version of radio.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've decided to try and compile a list of the available radios for the Nexus 4 so that people have a "one-stop" for all of them.

Unless stated otherwise, I've pulled all of these myself from either the factory images from Google's site, and packaged them up to be flashable in recovery.

Notes:
    1) I have no idea what the differences are between the versions.
    2) LTE is disabled in all radios newer than 0.33. If you want to use LTE, you need to use 0.33, 0.27 or a hybrid.
    3) For those on T-Mobile who want to use LTE, see this post. Also see this for a recovery-flashable fix for no audio when using older radios on 4.2.2.
    4) For advanced users: the radios from the Optimus G do also work to a certain extent, but they require kernel patches. See here.
    5) For those that can't tether when using LTE, here are the proper IP tables.

Standard disclaimer: I take no responsibility if you mess up your device by flashing any of these radios.

These are flashable in a custom recovery. To flash using fastboot, extract the image from within, and flash that using: fastboot flash radio modem.img

Downloads are available at this link: Mako Modem Collection. Thanks to bombadier for providing the hosting.

Note: I have removed all the dev-host links that we were previously using. While in the past, dev-host was an acceptable hosting site, in recent months it has gone downhill -- to the point of having misleading multiple "fake" download buttons and sometimes even offering up malware. I strongly suggest that no one use dev-host as a hosting site for any files going forward.

Radio List (in order -- newest on top):

1.07 - Source: LMY47V OTA update. Thanks to VivaErBetis for posting it here. LTE is disabled on this radio. You may have issues if you use this radio on a ROM based on a version of Android older than 4.4.

1.06 - Source: LMY47O OTA update. Thanks to VivaErBetis for posting it here. LTE is disabled on this radio. You may have issues if you use this radio on a ROM based on a version of Android older than 4.4.

1.05 - Source: LRX22C factory image. Thanks to bombadier for posting it here. LTE is disabled on this radio. You may have issues if you use this radio on a ROM based on a version of Android older than 4.4.

1.04 - Source: LRX21T factory image. Thanks to ktomov for posting it here. LTE is disabled on this radio. You may have issues if you use this radio on a ROM based on a version of Android older than 4.4.

1.03 - Source: KTU84P factory image. Thanks to ata1918 for posting it here. LTE is disabled on this radio. You may have issues if you use this radio on a ROM based on a version of Android older than 4.4.

1.02 - Source: KTU84L factory image. Thanks to Nathan-NL for posting it here. LTE is disabled on this radio. You may have issues if you use this radio on a ROM based on a version of Android older than 4.4.

0.98 - Source: KOT49E OTA update. Thanks to el_charlie for posting it here and Nathan-NL for posting it here. LTE is disabled on this radio. You may have issues if you use this radio on a ROM based on a version of Android older than 4.4.

0.97 - Source: KRT16O factory image. Thanks to Imperticus for posting it here. LTE is disabled on this radio. You may have issues if you use this radio on a ROM based on a version of Android older than 4.4.

0.84 - Source: JWR66V factory image. Thanks to magote for posting it here. LTE is disabled on this radio.

0.83 - Source: leaked JWR66N build. Thanks to Jeff Williams for dumping and markd0wn for posting it here. LTE is disabled on this radio.

0.54 - Source: JDQ39E build on the Nexus 4 released in India. Thanks to eRajesh for dumping and posting it here. LTE is disabled on this radio.

0.48 - Source: JDQ39 OTA update. Note: there are reports that this radio breaks auto-rotation and auto-brightness functionality on 4.2.1 and earlier. No issues on 4.2.2 though. LTE is disabled on this radio.

0.33 - Source: JOP40C/D factory images.

0.27 - Source: Leaked LG testing build (04 Mar 2013). See this thread. Thanks to houstonn for extracting and posting it.

0.27 - Source: Leaked LG testing build (14 Nov 2012). See this thread. Thanks to houstonn for extracting and posting it here.

0.24 - Source: Leaked JVP15Q image. See this thread. Thanks to houstonn for extracting and posting it here.

houstonn has provided a mirror for some of the N4 radios here.

Unofficial hybrid radios

morrislee has done some great work: he replaced the core modem components in 0.84 with those from 0.33 and 0.27. See his posts here and here. This enables us to use LTE and yet have all the newer features (power management, audio on T-Mobile, etc.) from the newer radios.

See this thread for discussion/information on hybrid radios.

@efrant
    Here you go mate, 1.03 modem.

Cheers
    Here is the link to the new .54 radio that ships with the Nexus 4 in India - CWM Flashable - https://www.dropbox.com/s/n0lav8mjojs5iky/54 ardio.zip

Fastboot image fie - http://d-h.st/Zs2
    Here you go, CWM flashable .84 radio

http://d-h.st/lYW