[ROM] CyanogenMod-5: Kang Central Station (STABLE) [06/19/2010 / 5.0.8]

Search This thread

3Shirts

Jan 18, 2009
Bedford
Is the kernel updated in 5.04 to fix the battery drain issues? I assume this will be in the changelog but I've no patience :)

FormelLMS

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2009
Anybody noticed, that the red dot problem at pictures, taken with the camera is still there since .33 Kernel?

duylong186

Feb 7, 2010
I would love it if Cyanogen can somehow "steal" the music app from the Desire. That's the only thing I want really bad after coming back from the Desire rom. Otherwise, CM rom is perfect :D

FrAsErTaG

May 22, 2009
Canberra
Anybody noticed, that the red dot problem at pictures, taken with the camera is still there since .33 Kernel?

Yes it is very annoying as I use my camera alot for family snaps around the house and on the run. Today for example I was at the Show and I took about 5 Pictures before I grew tired of the Pink dot, So nandroid backed up and nandroid restored a A10 Desire rom. Camera is lower megapixels but at the same time has no pink issues at all!!

Got home restored CM :D

DOHCtor

Apr 10, 2009
Southern California
Yes it is very annoying as I use my camera alot for family snaps around the house and on the run. Today for example I was at the Show and I took about 5 Pictures before I grew tired of the Pink dot, So nandroid backed up and nandroid restored a A10 Desire rom. Camera is lower megapixels but at the same time has no pink issues at all!!

Got home restored CM :D

What pink issues are you guys talking about? I don't get it on the build that it's in my signature and the current build I'm running (testing2).

FrAsErTaG

May 22, 2009
Canberra
Im on 5.03.1

In good lighting with lots of colour eg grass or something its fine.

In more standard photos like against a white wall or a white car etc. There is a very noticable pink circle it fades towards the edge of the photo.

Its a well known bug.. it happened to the HD2 aswell.

I read on the HD2 forum something like
Yes it is a hardware fault. They used cheap cameras that cause this pink on centre on plain white backgrounds. So its a hardware fault but it was correctable on the HD2 via a software update.

Like I said the desire camera does not experience this at all. So perhaps they used the same fix.

FormelLMS

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2009
No, with an older Kernel it was away.
Stock CM 5.0.2 is good and MMCR 1.6 is good, too.

Who don't know what I mean:
4392190244_5eceec68e9.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.1 which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Now available from CM Updater!

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is a pure, working AOSP build which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

* Can be used with or without Google applications
    * Kernel 2.6.34 with Pershoot's tweaks
    * ADWLauncher is the default launcher!
    * Complete music app overhaul by Eliot Stocker
    * Clean shutdown/startup system
    * New Apps2SD method implemented mostly by Chris Soyars. Create an ext4 partition and enable it in settings->applications (wiki page coming soon)
    * Built in USB & Bluetooth tethering
    * Graphical enhancements, trippy bootanimation, #boobs, and excellent wallpapers by Prash
    * ARM NEON optimizations from 0xdroid and Qualcomm
    * Includes BusyBox, htop, nano, powertop, openvpn, bash, and all engineering commandline utilities
    * FLAC audio support from Kenny Root
    * Phone enhancements from Cytown
    * Contacts enhancements from Wysie
    * MMS enhancements from, well, everyone (see changelog)
    * Perform zipalign-on-install of applications
    * DeskClock tweaks- longer autosilence and "require unlock" option :)
    * Massive APN list
    * Huge collection of ringtones and audio
    * Customizable Nexus live wallpaper by Chris Soyars and me
    * All available locales are included thanks to PsychoBoy
    * 360-degree auto-orientation by Optedoblivion and Elanthis (enable in settings)
    * Full color trackball notifications (from Google)
    * OpenVPN integration thanks to James Bottomley
    * Many other bugfixes and tweaks from AOSP contributors
    * Tons of work on the build system by Koush and Chris Soyars
    * See the full CHANGELOG for all credits and details

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github! Send pull requests with your changes!

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - First time flashing CM to your Nexus (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Unlock your device and install Clockwork Recovery or Amon_RA's recovery image
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. Update your radio if necessary
    4. WIPE
    5. Install the ROM
    5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
    - Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    - Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
    - Pastebin links preferred
    - Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!

CyanogenMod Nexus One FAQ: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php/Nexus_One_FAQ

Latest version: 5.0.8-N1 - 06/19/2010
    Download: http://cyanogen-updater.googlecode.com/files/update-cm-5.0.8-N1-signed.zip
    Download: http://android.chemlab.org/android/nexus/update-cm-5.0.8-N1-signed.zip
    MD5Sum: 70aa95ee1b22101901cd75e9bc6e92ba

Google Addon: EPF30
    Mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mjzwozjojkh

Radio Firmware: FRF50 (FROYO RADIO, REQUIRED!)
    Download: http://android.chemlab.org/android/nexus/radio-4.06.00.12_7.img
    MD5Sum: 3321c196d8ec1cf748fd20c3c4068520

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
    Handcent force closes too -.-
    Edit // I also cant call someone. Force close
    Edit // Pocket Empires doesnt get internet connection anymore

Make sure you don't have the Froyo radio
    Wipe data, cache, dalvik-cache
    Reinstall 5.0.7 with the shipping kernel
    Try calling someone
    Download Handcent from market (don't restore)

I think you'll be okay.
    Anyone having problem with titanium backup using cm 5.0.8? It just hang at "searching application data "
    Anyone having problem with titanium backup using cm 5.0.8? It just hang at "searching application data "

Seems to be a problem with Titanium, not CM. Uninstall it, reboot to recovery, wipe cache/dalvik, reinstall. Fixed it for me.