Former Sprint customers

Search This thread

smooth703

Jul 22, 2010
Triangle, VA
I'm thinking about jumping from sprint been with them 10 years. But the service is just getting worst and worst. My question is to the folks that have jump ship how happy are you with the service is it a noticeable difference.

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
You realize you never stated where you from state town so someone in your area can answer you. Right. We like to help but are not mind readers. Sprint sucks plain and simple. You need to ask people in your area what service is like.

BAD ASS NOTE 4

FrankthaTank

Oct 7, 2012
I had been with Sprint for 11 years in South Florida. After being tired of dealing with slow data and not having LTE in many areas I did some research. Used Sensorly and OpenSignal. You can use the app or website and see who has stronger service or LTE coverage in your area. FOr me it was T-Mobile and the speeds I've been getting are 30 times better on average. It was a huge difference after switching. I suggest looking at coverage in your area using the sites I mentioned and find what's best for you.

Reactions: smooth703
i just switched back to tmobile from sprint and the difference is night and day. bay area, ca my data on sprint is around 7mbps and tmobile is around 70mbps. the voice quality on sprint was so bad and my calls were dropping almost every call. one of the other reasons i switched was the fact the note 4 on sprint can no longer do simultaneous voice and data currently (at least in my area).

smooth703

Jul 22, 2010
Triangle, VA
I had been with Sprint for 11 years in South Florida. After being tired of dealing with slow data and not having LTE in many areas I did some research. Used Sensorly and OpenSignal. You can use the app or website and see who has stronger service or LTE coverage in your area. FOr me it was T-Mobile and the speeds I've been getting are 30 times better on average. It was a huge difference after switching. I suggest looking at coverage in your area using the sites I mentioned and find what's best for you.
Does tmo have simultaneous voice and data?

tt281gt

Dec 27, 2011
Downey
I'm thinking about jumping from sprint been with them 10 years. But the service is just getting worst and worst. My question is to the folks that have jump ship how happy are you with the service is it a noticeable difference.
I just jumped ship yesterday. You will NOT regret leaving sprint. Unless you like watching 5 min YouTube video in 15 minutes... lol

coolchris305

May 29, 2008
Hollywood

Yes! The note 4 supports voice over lte meaning i talk and browse the web with great speeds. But tmobile is gsm so in general yes you have that ability, i switched from sprint three years ago...before they even had lte,tmobile was still 100x better than sprint...i live in west palm beach and we just got wideband lte...and its faster than my comcast speeds.

Will Rickards

Jun 10, 2010
The wifi calling helps with service in the house. Calling in the basement without issues.
In my general area I get good 4G lte service. Though I don't use the data much outside of the house, 1GB plan is fine for me.
For my wife the free unlimited music streaming was a big draw. She tops 3GB per month with that but is on a 1GB plan with no worries.
Sprint was slow to roll out 4G (for the second time) in my area and still hadn't two years into my ltevo contract.
Overall tmobile has better 4G coverage. I pay more money per month though. I had a discount with sprint and the phones were subsidized so it was like $120 per month. tmobile is $140 per month for two phones (iphone6 and note4). If I'm going to pay more why not consider verizon?

Occasionally I go to some more remote areas and I'm waiting to see what the coverage is like there.
Because with sprint I had none. But people with verizon had service.
I was recently in one of those area (outside of gettysburg PA) and while I had bars there was no data service. I couldn't use navigation. I was bummed. But most people didn't have service either. This is why I have a backup gps unit.

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
its not even just the speed; you will not drop calls any more, and if you want/need it, T Mobile will give you an Asus AC router for wifi calls in your house, for free!
Sprint sucks; I had them twice for a total of 11 years, and after the wimax debacle, I was hoping the "Spark" network would be their saving grace, but it wasnt.
10 months on t mobile, zero issues, great customer service, and never a dropped call..

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
its not even just the speed; you will not drop calls any more, and if you want/need it, T Mobile will give you an Asus AC router for wifi calls in your house, for free!
Sprint sucks; I had them twice for a total of 11 years, and after the wimax debacle, I was hoping the "Spark" network would be their saving grace, but it wasnt.
10 months on t mobile, zero issues, great customer service, and never a dropped call..
Oh you had to go back for punishment lol.

BAD ASS NOTE 4

Reactions: wase4711

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well I live in NY and have great service. Have a friend who lives in Vermont and has horrible service.

BAD ASS NOTE 4
    i just switched back to tmobile from sprint and the difference is night and day. bay area, ca my data on sprint is around 7mbps and tmobile is around 70mbps. the voice quality on sprint was so bad and my calls were dropping almost every call. one of the other reasons i switched was the fact the note 4 on sprint can no longer do simultaneous voice and data currently (at least in my area).
    Lol mine just buffers currently
    Exactly! ! You will not regret it. Go to a Tmobile store. Download speed test app. Run on your phone and a Tmobile phone and tell me the difference lol

Yes! The note 4 supports voice over lte meaning i talk and browse the web with great speeds. But tmobile is gsm so in general yes you have that ability, i switched from sprint three years ago...before they even had lte,tmobile was still 100x better than sprint...i live in west palm beach and we just got wideband lte...and its faster than my comcast speeds.