The Sprint LG-G3 Lounge

Search This thread

Soap

May 12, 2012
Excess of threads populating the development section. There have been 4 or 5 in the past week and I've noticed a couple people getting frustrated over it.

Reactions: aheeejd

mouse0000

Feb 1, 2011
Just wondering what the best rom is for my LG LS990. I noticed there are a few any suggestions?

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Free mobile app

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
Have you guys used the build prop on LG software ROM to edit DPI without major problems? Only time I messed with DPI was on vanir, and I've seen random posts about major catastrophe after editing build prop on LG software. Just curious.

I use texdroider to change my dpi

I know that if you run a DPI that is incompatible with SystemUI.apk it will cause force closes that you can't get out of. When I was running stock, I used Xposed and the module "App Settings" to manually adjust DPI per app. I suggest changing the DPI of system apps and restarting them to see whether your target DPI works. LG Launcher is a good test, if you have a different launcher installed to fall back on. When you find one that works with that, make a backup of your system with TWRP, then use app settings to change SystemUI.apk and reboot. If THAT works, then you can safely change the DPI in your build.prop file. 530 was the lowest I'd tested, but I've heard 560 works. Certain DPIs will screw with icon scaling of included system apps, and you'll just get the generic android guy icon for them, but you can change the icon manually with a lot of launchers, and possibly with the App Settings module as well.

Reactions: scottspa74

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
Yep. I use it as a daily driver. Granted, there's no NFC, and I don't do stuff like streaming video (so I couldn't tell you if Netflix works) or audio. But, it connects to my bluetooth headphones when I feel like listening to music. Voice dialer is, and always was, wonky. Don't use it anyway. Stock mms app still won't send. I use textra, because it's a better app anyway.

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Built one last night, but I'm almost positive that there were no changes to cm code that's relevant to us.

otroguero

Mar 23, 2011
Texas
Yep. I use it as a daily driver. Granted, there's no NFC, and I don't do stuff like streaming video (so I couldn't tell you if Netflix works) or audio. But, it connects to my bluetooth headphones when I feel like listening to music. Voice dialer is, and always was, wonky. Don't use it anyway. Stock mms app still won't send. I use textra, because it's a better app anyway.

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Built one last night, but I'm almost positive that there were no changes to cm code that's relevant to us.

Thanks for the build, it runs great. Re: Last night's build - does it have the new dsp and apollo?

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
Ok, after reading it through, there's nothing new here for Sprint users. We've had the zv6 files for some time now, and 5.0.x is still on the "eventually" list

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
It's not lollipop for us. It's the announcement that it is/was released internationally, and clarification that the US has the incremental 4.4.2 update only. The link in the article is for d855, not our ls990, and flashing it to a Sprint G3 would be a bad thing.

ruthlessptizzle

Jul 22, 2013
Ok weird thing i just downloaded a game from thr playstore thats1 gig in size and was stored my titanium backup but ehen i upgraded from zv4 to zv6 it wouldnt load the backups...weird thing is when i downloaded from the play store the app only took 10secs to download

succumbtothegreater

Jun 15, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21+
So there was a new ls990 AICP build put on their G+ page last night, running insanely smooth and music/audio playback is finally working. And if you Google search, 'Candy5 ls990', you can find that too, the most recent being 0.8.2 which is from 12/12, also running very nicely. Just thought I'd share these findings in case people didn't know

Sent from my LG-LS990 using XDA Free mobile app

Jan 17, 2012
New York, NY
So there was a new ls990 AICP build put on their G+ page last night, running insanely smooth and music/audio playback is finally working. And if you Google search, 'Candy5 ls990', you can find that too, the most recent being 0.8.2 which is from 12/12, also running very nicely. Just thought I'd share these findings in case people didn't know

Sent from my LG-LS990 using XDA Free mobile app
@succumbtothegreater
Can you post a link to the Aicp build ???

succumbtothegreater

Jun 15, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Should have a stock enhanced ROM up and running soon :)
    Cyanogenmod coming soon

Please remember to make a backup!

AblaZe ROM Test build 1

http://goo.gl/e4JIHz

This will not overwrite your current boot.img (not until Team Codefire starts taking bump requests)

Changelog:

-Based off latest LG Android 4.4.2 ZV4 OS.
    -Odexed by default. (Might make a deodexed version when I understand deodexing in Kitkat a little more.)
    -All apks Zipaligned.
    -OPtimized PNG's in all apks.
    -Rooted and busybox installed.
    -Made a BUNCH of apps uninstallable by default.
    -External SD Card read/write permissions. Apps like TB can backup to your SD card without errors now.
    -Enabled USB Debugging by default.
    -Xposed installer pre-installed.
    -init.d support built in.
    -ADB Debugging notification hidden.
    Quick Update...A team member got Ls990 AOSP CandyKat to build last nite...So just waiting on Bump to start testing.

shout out to ... @rc420head

7apytu3a.jpg

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    I'm building an updated version, since my test for the BT fix was source from about 30 hours ago (the weekends are like a time warp for commits). There's some of stuff I want to have in this, like IME selector disable.

YouTube works, but I haven't messed with the video camera. I see no reason that it would suddenly work, as it didn't work BEFORE I synced up the BT files we were missing. It's uploading to GoogleDrive now, will put the link up as soon as I have one. Don't have a file host to send it to that will give me a shareable link before it finishes uploading

The directory it will be in is HERE

The filename will be CM-12-Pooka-BT-20141130-UNOFFICIAL-ls990.zip

Don't use the 11/28 build that's in there, as that was from before BT worked. If you don't see the 11/30 build, just keep checking back. My upload speed sucks.