[Q&A] Victory Rom Help

Search This thread
081f335eccb01bc022ea2589372331d3.jpg

Questions and Answers for Victory Rom here!
PM me on XDA or VMRoms for questions if they are not solved here
Most or all bugs will be fixed in later updates!
ROM Page: http://www.vmroms.com/index.php?topic=827.15
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Q: There is many questions here, how can I easily find mine?
A: If you are on a computer, press CTL-F and type in key words to your question. Such as: "Force close" if your apps FC

Q: How do I properly install the rom?
A: It is highly recommended that you wipe /system. Afterwards, it is optional but still recommended, do a factory reset. Then go about and flash. Full guide in Post #4

Q: App force closes. Why?
A: Try updating app through play store. This is fixed as of Beta 2.0+

Q: Why aren't apps downloading?
A: If you just installed rom, update Google Play Services and Play Store.

Q: Play Store force closes and I cannot update apps
A: Install this like a normal app
This is fixed in Beta 2.1 and above

Q: Why are your screenshots from a different version of your rom?
A: Some times the rom may look the same as the previous version. I just added some apps and tweaks.

Q: Why do my icons not show up in status bar when flashing theme?
A: Either you flashed a theme for a different device (like a Tablet or phone with different res) or you are using Beta 1.2 or 2.0

Q: I flashed a Sprint ROM onto my phone, restored back to Virgin Mobile ROM, and now some updates don't work
A: Your modem is still Sprint. PM me and I'll get u ur version, depending on what version u are on (MA8, MC1, MG5, or ND4)

Q: My 4G does not work...
A: I have not located the source of the problem yet. For now, type ##72786# into the dialer. The phone should reboot then WHAMMY! 4G!

Q: What takes you so long to make another update?
A: School has started, which means I am busy. I tend to get hammered with homework and project, plus I work every saturday during the warm months. So I haven't got much free time.

Q: I installed, but I have no mobile data (3G/4G)
A: Go to settings and down at the bottom tap ACTIVATE THIS DEVICE and wait. Optionally type ##72786# in the dialer

Q: Why aren't the apps up to date?
A: That takes time, which I have limited of.

Q: Why don't you reply to PM's?
A: I do not check them often. To reach me quicker, add me on Hangouts: njchiaravalle at gmail dot com and state who you are

Last edited:
Reactions: kozmikchuck

DethMetalz69

Nov 21, 2011
Orland, CA
Is there any definitive guide around? I managed to get root, but goomanager is down and i have no idea how to get TWRP onto the phone. I also would like to see guide on flashing to ND4 (If i even need to for AV 1.0?) If you could answer any of my questions thatd be awesome. Thanks.

Is there any definitive guide around? I managed to get root, but goomanager is down and i have no idea how to get TWRP onto the phone. I also would like to see guide on flashing to ND4 (If i even need to for AV 1.0?) If you could answer any of my questions thatd be awesome. Thanks.
Head on over to the official Victory thread at vmroms dot com. There you'll find everything you'll need. Recovery wise, lemme find u a working link... The latest recovery is not 100% usable yet due to the lack of selinux support...

Edit: getting to ND4 is also easy... Just go to settings and check for an update and it'll download and install. You just need to have ALL system items/apps and stock kernel and recovery. You should also retain your root during the update

Last edited:
How To Properly Flash:

Official/ Nightly Zip:
1) Boot into TWRP Recovery (Vol Up+ Power)
2) Tap Wipe
3) Tap Advance Wipe
4) Check Dalvik Cache, System, and Cache then "Swipe to Wipe"
5) Optionally do a Factory Reset
6) Go to Install
7) Select the package (**don't forget the app add-on zip too!**)
8) Follow instructions in the Aroma installers
9) Reboot

Update Zips:
1) Boot into TWRP Recovery (Vol Up+ Power)
2) Tap Wipe
3) Tap Advance Wipe
4) Check Dalvik Cache and Cache
5) Go to Install
6) Select the package
7) Follow the instructions in the Aroma installer (if applicable)
8) Reboot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    081f335eccb01bc022ea2589372331d3.jpg

Questions and Answers for Victory Rom here!
    PM me on XDA or VMRoms for questions if they are not solved here
    Most or all bugs will be fixed in later updates!
    ROM Page: http://www.vmroms.com/index.php?topic=827.15
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Q: There is many questions here, how can I easily find mine?
    A: If you are on a computer, press CTL-F and type in key words to your question. Such as: "Force close" if your apps FC

Q: How do I properly install the rom?
    A: It is highly recommended that you wipe /system. Afterwards, it is optional but still recommended, do a factory reset. Then go about and flash. Full guide in Post #4

Q: App force closes. Why?
    A: Try updating app through play store. This is fixed as of Beta 2.0+

Q: Why aren't apps downloading?
    A: If you just installed rom, update Google Play Services and Play Store.

Q: Play Store force closes and I cannot update apps
    A: Install this like a normal app
    This is fixed in Beta 2.1 and above

Q: Why are your screenshots from a different version of your rom?
    A: Some times the rom may look the same as the previous version. I just added some apps and tweaks.

Q: Why do my icons not show up in status bar when flashing theme?
    A: Either you flashed a theme for a different device (like a Tablet or phone with different res) or you are using Beta 1.2 or 2.0

Q: I flashed a Sprint ROM onto my phone, restored back to Virgin Mobile ROM, and now some updates don't work
    A: Your modem is still Sprint. PM me and I'll get u ur version, depending on what version u are on (MA8, MC1, MG5, or ND4)

Q: My 4G does not work...
    A: I have not located the source of the problem yet. For now, type ##72786# into the dialer. The phone should reboot then WHAMMY! 4G!

Q: What takes you so long to make another update?
    A: School has started, which means I am busy. I tend to get hammered with homework and project, plus I work every saturday during the warm months. So I haven't got much free time.

Q: I installed, but I have no mobile data (3G/4G)
    A: Go to settings and down at the bottom tap ACTIVATE THIS DEVICE and wait. Optionally type ##72786# in the dialer

Q: Why aren't the apps up to date?
    A: That takes time, which I have limited of.

Q: Why don't you reply to PM's?
    A: I do not check them often. To reach me quicker, add me on Hangouts: njchiaravalle at gmail dot com and state who you are