Quote:
Originally Posted by motoq9h View Post
Followed your exact steps on NRG28's Feb 24 build. I get "Tap here to Start Sense..." after some time. I'm stuck there. What am I missing? TIA.
OK, sounds like it isn't reinitialising. Has "ManilaFull.xml" been re-generated? Also make sure the Page Order number isn't repeated in the 26948339_manila. Also you can check the registry import was ok by checking there are entries at:
HKLM>Software>HTC>DocumentExplorer
HKLM>Software>HTC>Manila>HTCService>DocIndexerServ ice
It was NRG's 24th Feb MaxManlia rom I tested it with (using the files from Sense_2.5_Footprints_eReader_Documents_WVGA.rar), but about to try it with his latest (26th) - using the new cab file...

Ok, cab file is attached.
1. I disabed "HTC Sense" from the Today page (Setting>Home>Items), then run the cab file (obviously installing to device), reset and restarted "HTC Sense".
2. Tab already present, 1st time get no documents found, so went to Personalize>Home Screen Tabs & also Settings Tab>Data Services>Documents (didn't change anything so might just need time/tab change). Documents are found this time, get large PDF icons just like the 2nd screenshot here.

OK will test for a bit, haven't got previews coming up yet, but last time it took a while to do it, so don't panic. Plus it isn't responding when you go into All Documents, but again this just may take a little time to sort its self out, will probably soft-reset in a bit and retry.

Testing1: Previews come up once you've opened the document once. Still doesn't respond when in All Documents, so will check the files and report back.

Fixed: I think the problem is a file missing/not updated when the cab is run. However, had a quick look at the windows directory and checked some of the files but couldn't see any non-manila files missing (but that was what the problem was when I did it 1st time round, someone can do a diff on the directories). Since I'm using Manila 2.5.20121225 in my ROM, I thought I'd try using the files I got out of an old rom (attached) - since the cab has done the reg changes etc already and simply copied them into windows (replaced all, except anything which is in the rom itself - just the font's anyway). It would probably work using the original files from Sense_2.5_Footprints_eReader_Documents_WVGA.rar, but I've included mine here anyway. Will test for a bit longer but it seems ok so far.

Also anyone know if the eReader tab can support .lit files. It didn't find any when I used it before, but I haven't got around to installing MS Reader by that point.
Also I'll see if I can find a decent cab file creator I can package it all up.
Attached Files
File Type: cab HTC Sense 2.5 Documents Tab Add-on.cab - [Click for QR Code] (5.26 MB, 2719 views)
File Type: zip manlia 2012.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.93 MB, 1423 views)
HTC Touch HD
____
* Energy 28244|Feb 19| 2.5.2012114 Cookie *
Radio: 1.17.25.09

Sense Wiki | Facebook Tab v1.6 | RSS Tab | SenseUtil | CHTwPictureFrame
Android-On-A-Shoestring

___
PayPal: if you enjoy the fb/RSS tab!