Screen size

Search This thread

force70

So who is disappointed they reduced the screen size to a reported 5.5 inches?

Its now G3 with a curve and better processor.

Very disappointing, i was really looking forward to a 6" screen and ext sd support..would have been perfect.

That said they will probably lock the Bootloader anyway!

sent from Canada via my Note 4, 3 or 2

Last edited:
Reactions: bonebeatz1234

shinji21

Nov 30, 2005
San Jose
I am also disappointed with the larger bezel size. Wish they could keep the 6in display but shrink the bezel a bit to achieve a smaller footprint.

Reactions: force70

mattwheat

Oct 25, 2012
BIRMINGHAM
I like the six inch screen on my OG Flex but 5.5 isn't to bad either. I love how I can drop my flex and it doesn't break the screen. Dang near indestructible but reading that the flex 2 is even more durable definitely makes up for the reduction in screen size

yellowman82

Jun 12, 2011
I'm not that disappointed by the screen size. 5.5 ain't that bad at all they're just trying to gain more customers so to me even though i have big hands screen size is great especially with the specs it has. I'm definitely getting this device just hope that there's root for atleast i don't care much about changing roms and such but if it's available i wouldn't mind neither.

force70

I loved the orig Gflex but only 32gb of storage was a deal breaker for me. I figured LG would provide expandable storage on the 2nd version so ive been anticipating it.

Def want a bigger screen than on my notes and now looks like a nexus 6 will be what i end up with...even though it also lacks an ext sd card which i dont like.

Man LG why couldnt you just add the storage and call it a day lol.if its not broken dont fix it!

yellowman82

Jun 12, 2011
I loved the orig Gflex but only 32gb of storage was a deal breaker for me. I figured LG would provide expandable storage on the 2nd version so ive been anticipating it.

Def want a bigger screen than on my notes and now looks like a nexus 6 will be what i end up with...even though it also lacks an ext sd card which i dont like.

Man LG why couldnt you just add the storage and call it a day lol.if its not broken dont fix it!

Well it was broken lol, they barely had any audience on that first G Flex and even though yea the curved helped out a bit so one could have a good hold on it that phone was still too big. I have big hands but my flex was constantly falling out of my pockets when I'm entering a car or when I'm even at the gym.

Gotta understand 5.5 ain't that bad and yea 6 is a nice size but 5.5 is the sweet spot I'm just glad they didn't go smaller then that because then it would have been a deal breaker for me and i do also hope that development is much better in this one then the last.

force70

Well it was broken lol, they barely had any audience on that first G Flex and even though yea the curved helped out a bit so one could have a good hold on it that phone was still too big. I have big hands but my flex was constantly falling out of my pockets when I'm entering a car or when I'm even at the gym.

Gotta understand 5.5 ain't that bad and yea 6 is a nice size but 5.5 is the sweet spot I'm just glad they didn't go smaller then that because then it would have been a deal breaker for me and i do also hope that development is much better in this one then the last.

Cant go smaller than note 4 which is 5.7...wanted this device badly but will be hard to pull the trigger on a 5.5 device for me at this point..

yellowman82

Jun 12, 2011
Cant go smaller than note 4 which is 5.7...wanted this device badly but will be hard to pull the trigger on a 5.5 device for me at this point..

Well idk but i don't see it that bad my little brother still has the note 2 i gave him which is a 5.5 and it doesn't feel bad at all to me.

Ascertion

Mar 29, 2012
The Flex 2 I believe has an Micro SD slot. It's right above the SIM tray. I saw the Micro SD logo on the inside of the back cover right next to the SIM tray. Definitely considering the device but I'm looking for something with a lot of developer support.

force70

The Flex 2 I believe has an Micro SD slot. It's right above the SIM tray. I saw the Micro SD logo on the inside of the back cover right next to the SIM tray. Definitely considering the device but I'm looking for something with a lot of developer support.

Yes it does indeed, good that they added that feature it was needed badly.

Hopefully there will be better development on this version but LG already has a 5.5" inch device out so people may not bother with the GF2.

The bigger screen on the orig is what set it apart from the G2 at the time but then again the orig didnt sell very well lol.

Time will tell.

dandrumheller

Jul 10, 2010
Southern Maine / Seacoast NH
Yes it does indeed, good that they added that feature it was needed badly.

Hopefully there will be better development on this version but LG already has a 5.5" inch device out so people may not bother with the GF2.

The bigger screen on the orig is what set it apart from the G2 at the time but then again the orig didnt sell very well lol.

Time will tell.

It appears to me the specs are enough better than the G3 that the flex 2 might have a shot at developer support against that, even with the same screen size. I'm more concerned that devs will hold out for the G4 though.

force70

It appears to me the specs are enough better than the G3 that the flex 2 might have a shot at developer support against that, even with the same screen size. I'm more concerned that devs will hold out for the G4 though.

I would assume that LG will continue their anti development trend of locking the bootloader again.

This will def hinder development until a workaround is sorted out. I was bent on getting a G3 the day it was released as i loved my G2 but the locked BL absolutely killed it for me here in Canada.

dandrumheller

Jul 10, 2010
Southern Maine / Seacoast NH
I would assume that LG will continue their anti development trend of locking the bootloader again.

This will def hinder development until a workaround is sorted out. I was bent on getting a G3 the day it was released as i loved my G2 but the locked BL absolutely killed it for me here in Canada.

Sadly this does seem to be a continuing trend...

bonebeatz1234

Feb 5, 2010
rockford,il
People complain about big phones until they get one. Don't knock it until you try a 6inch phone. The nexus 6 is smaller than the HTC max and the exact same size as the og gflex flex. Wish the flex2 screen was bigger but I'll stay with my nexus 6 I can't go smaller than 6inches two handed or not it's just really nice to have all that screen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lol, the reduction to 5.5 is awesome for me. 6" is just too big for me, 5.5 is a little bigger than I want, but doable. Flex 2 is at the top of my list now.
    So who is disappointed they reduced the screen size to a reported 5.5 inches?

Its now G3 with a curve and better processor.

Very disappointing, i was really looking forward to a 6" screen and ext sd support..would have been perfect.

That said they will probably lock the Bootloader anyway!

I am also disappointed with the larger bezel size. Wish they could keep the 6in display but shrink the bezel a bit to achieve a smaller footprint.
    Screen size of the device only disappointment for me. :eek:.