[Q] unable to root my n900 under 4.4.2 !!

Search This thread

soo55

Jun 3, 2007
hello,

I'm not able to root my n900 under the last firmware 4.4.2 using "CF-Auto-Root-ha3g-ha3gxx-smn900" ! Odin3 gives me a message "Failed" in red, and my n900 blocked, I was obliged to update the firmware with Odin3 to unblock it!

any idea ? is CF-Auto-Root-ha3g-ha3gxx-smn900 working with the last firmware 4.4.2 ?

thanks in advance.
soo

soo55

Jun 3, 2007
below are the messages in Odin3 if it can help ...

<ID:0/014> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CF-Auto-Root-ha3g-ha3gxx-smn900.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/014> Odin v.3 engine (ID:14)..
<ID:0/014> File analysis..
<ID:0/014> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/014> Initialzation..
<ID:0/014> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/014> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/014> recovery.img
<ID:0/014> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/014> cache.img
<ID:0/014> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Reactions: sadman9151

soo55

Jun 3, 2007
ok ! happy to see that no one have the same issue, and no solution is proposed!!!

I'll not root my mobile, and wait for the official 5.0 ROM ..

hami497

Aug 5, 2014
I understood that the device should be rooted before to install cwm or twrp ? is it right ?

No its not necessary to have a rooted phone but unlocked bootloader is necessary. You tried to flash the cf auto root file but it failed looks like that your bootloader is locked. If you try to flash a recovery using odin we can check if the bootloader is locked or unlocked.

Reactions: soo55

soo55

Jun 3, 2007
No its not necessary to have a rooted phone but unlocked bootloader is necessary. You tried to flash the cf auto root file but it failed looks like that your bootloader is locked. If you try to flash a recovery using odin we can check if the bootloader is locked or unlocked.

you're probably right; how to unlock the bootloader in note 3 SM900 ?

soo55

Jun 3, 2007
how can I check if my bootloader is locked or not ?

Last edited:

hami497

Aug 5, 2014
Wait. You have sm 900 which has an unlocked bootloader. Then you should be doing something wrong. Also check if you have reactivation lock turned on or off. You can check it by going to settings then security and then ensure that reactivation lock is unchecked. Then try again. If that does not work then try flashing the twrp recovery attached. Flash it using odin. Uncheck auto reboot. After it is flashed boot into recovery directly from download mode. Then try flashing the supersu zip file.

Attachments

• openrecovery-twrp-2.8.0.0-ha3g.img.tar
    8.2 MB · Views: 18
Reactions: soo55

soo55

Jun 3, 2007
thanks man; I'll flash twrp ... because my reactivation lock is unchecked.

soo55

Jun 3, 2007
No prob just update me that are you successful :)

Ok, no problem, .... now I'm still hesitating since there are many steps before updating 5.0, I'm not an expert, I don't want to harm my device, maybe I'll wait for a flashable version via Odian for noobs or official update ...

thanks for your help.

hami497

Aug 5, 2014
Ok, no problem, .... now I'm still hesitating since there are many steps before updating 5.0, I'm not an expert, I don't want to harm my device, maybe I'll wait for a flashable version via Odian for noobs or official update ...

thanks for your help.

Ok bro np :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    below are the messages in Odin3 if it can help ...

<ID:0/014> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> CF-Auto-Root-ha3g-ha3gxx-smn900.tar.md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/014> Odin v.3 engine (ID:14)..
    <ID:0/014> File analysis..
    <ID:0/014> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/014> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/014> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/014> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/014> recovery.img
    <ID:0/014> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/014> cache.img
    <ID:0/014> Complete(Write) operation failed.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
    I understood that the device should be rooted before to install cwm or twrp ? is it right ?

Wait. You have sm 900 which has an unlocked bootloader. Then you should be doing something wrong. Also check if you have reactivation lock turned on or off. You can check it by going to settings then security and then ensure that reactivation lock is unchecked. Then try again. If that does not work then try flashing the twrp recovery attached. Flash it using odin. Uncheck auto reboot. After it is flashed boot into recovery directly from download mode. Then try flashing the supersu zip file.