[GUIDE] Enable AWS on Samsung Galaxy IV AT&T i337 & Canadian i337M

Search This thread

romeoh

Jul 16, 2010
Dallas, TX
Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus
Im glad this helped others. That method seems to work on newer 4.4.4 roms. Big thanks to fred and the people involved on the original procedure thread for finding this.
http://xdaforums.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/thread-progress-please-leave-im-updating-t2871269

If im correct, all i did was simplify the method used to open AWS on the newer s4 roms by providing the correct number value to be replaced in the data table.

I have also moved over to insane Kit Kat 4.4.4 rom and the rom runs amazing on my s4. The newer Tmobile rom was having issues with music skipping and what not.

it's a very simpler method than the first one since you only change the number value insted of flashing the whole qcn file, but the best thing about this method that it could be used on any version. I'm like you bro have tmobile sim, but the coverage in area is amazing and I don't really miss the wifi calling feature from t mobile roms at all, which we don't have in our rom.

Reactions: destructionj

destructionj

Dec 29, 2014
Chicago
it's a very simpler method than the first one since you only change the number value insted of flashing the whole qcn file, but the best thing about this method that it could be used on any version. I'm like you bro have tmobile sim, but the coverage in area is amazing and I don't really miss the wifi calling feature from t mobile roms at all, which we don't have in our rom.
I run this rom on my I337 phone on T-Mobile and wifi calling is in the rom.

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-tmobile/development/rom-4-4-4-nh7-insane-kit-kat-v1-9-14-14-t2876946

This rom don't upgrade the modem so I edited the aws first on the stock (T-Mobile for I337 NJ4 rom)

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-att/general/rom-m919nh7safestrapromfori337-t2874741

then installed the sickness rom which don't update the modem. I had to do it this way because the wiz codes don't work on the sickness rom.

Last edited:

Product F(RED)

Sep 6, 2010
Brooklyn, NY

You can flash a T-Mobile ROM and get Wifi Calling. That's how I used to use my AT&T S4 on T-Mobile. The T-Mobile ROMs also give you a Network Mode menu.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Reactions: destructionj

romeoh

Jul 16, 2010
Dallas, TX
Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus
You can flash a T-Mobile ROM and get Wifi Calling. That's how I used to use my AT&T S4 on T-Mobile. The T-Mobile ROMs also give you a Network Mode menu.

Thanks buddy, As I mentioned in my previous post that I don't miss the wifi calling because I live in LA and the coverage here ar awsome almost everywhere around me, and about the network mode it's still available on our rom but At&t hide it. All what need to do just dail *#2263# on the keypad to access it. ?

Product F(RED)

Sep 6, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks buddy, As I mentioned in my previous post that I don't miss the wifi calling because I live in LA and the coverage here ar awsome almost everywhere around me, and about the network mode it's still available on our rom but At&t hide it. All what need to do just dail *#2263# on the keypad to access it. ?

I meant for anyone who needs it. Also, if you use that menu, and choose, for example "WCDMA Preferred -> 1700 MHz", you're telling the phone to only connect to HSPA+ 1700 MHz (no calls/texts/EDGE/LTE). You have to hit Menu button -> BACK -> Automatic.

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
Duluth MN
The LTE AWS band (AKA band 4 = 1700 = 1700/2100) seems to be rather important in North America. For example, it is the primary LTE band for Tmo and the secondary LTE band for ATT, Rogers, and Verizon according to my understanding. The Tmo M919 certainly comes with this band enabled since it is the primary LTE band of Tmo. As far as I know these things ship with LTE 700 / 850 / 1700 AWS / 1900 (17, 5, 4, 2). However, can someone confirm that the ATT I337 comes with LTE AWS enabled?

What LTE bands does the Rogers I337M come with? I cannot find this information when I Google it. From what I understand, Rogers uses 2600 = band 7 and 1700 AWS = band 4 for LTE.

Last edited:

Product F(RED)

Sep 6, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
The LTE AWS band (AKA band 4 = 1700 = 1700/2100) seems to be rather important in North America. For example, it is the primary LTE band for Tmo and the secondary LTE band for ATT, Rogers, and Verizon according to my understanding. The Tmo M919 certainly comes with this band enabled since it is the primary LTE band of Tmo. As far as I know these things ship with LTE 700 / 850 / 1700 AWS / 1900 (17, 5, 4, 2). However, can someone confirm that the ATT I337 comes with LTE AWS enabled?

What LTE bands does the Rogers I337M come with? I cannot find this information when I Google it. From what I understand, Rogers uses 2600 = band 7 and 1700 AWS = band 4 for LTE.

I can confirm it. AT&T and even Verizon are starting to use AWS LTE to complement their 700 MHz networks (Bands 17 and 13 respectively) because, while 700 MHz carriers a strong signal, it sucks at capacity (AWS is the opposite). As far as I know, the i337M is the same as the i337 in terms of supported frequencies.

This mod is for enabling AWS HSPA+. For T-Mobile US, it's not really a huge deal anymore since any place with LTE has HSPA+ also running on 1900 MHz (they're repurposing their AWS spectrum for more LTE; more bandwidth = more capacity). So you technically don't need this mod anymore in most cases. However, the carriers who use AWS HSPA+ in Canada (e.g. Wind) not only do not have a secondary HSPA+ frequency like T-Mobile, but also do not have an EDGE network. So if your phone doesn't have AWS HSPA+, it flat out will not even SEE those networks.

Reactions: gkl212

Pansophic

Jan 29, 2015
Hello,
Long time lurker, rare poster.

Does it matter which build version of QPST we use?
i.e. can we use the build version 402 instead of 323?

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
Duluth MN
I can confirm it. AT&T and even Verizon are starting to use AWS LTE to complement their 700 MHz networks (Bands 17 and 13 respectively) because, while 700 MHz carriers a strong signal, it sucks at capacity (AWS is the opposite). As far as I know, the i337M is the same as the i337 in terms of supported frequencies.

This mod is for enabling AWS HSPA+. For T-Mobile US, it's not really a huge deal anymore since any place with LTE has HSPA+ also running on 1900 MHz (they're repurposing their AWS spectrum for more LTE; more bandwidth = more capacity). So you technically don't need this mod anymore in most cases. However, the carriers who use AWS HSPA+ in Canada (e.g. Wind) not only do not have a secondary HSPA+ frequency like T-Mobile, but also do not have an EDGE network. So if your phone doesn't have AWS HSPA+, it flat out will not even SEE those networks.

I want to say I have been lurking here for long and I really enjoy and appreciate your contributions.

So you believe i337 has LTE band 4 AWS band but not positive?

So Rogers uses 2600 LTE and clearly not on i337 bands so LTE must be different between the two. I want to get a Rogers pay as you go when I travel mainly BC and Northern ON as they seem to have the best coverage.

Where I'm going with this is 2600 is likely a secret band. I need it for Canada (and Europe). The guys in the other thread are adding LTE bands. Any way to add 2600 LTE to the i337? It has got to be there. I got to believe there i337M guys who could use some some US LTE bands when they are traveling on this side. This phone would be a bomb if we could figure this out.

Product F(RED)

Sep 6, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I want to say I have been lurking here for long and I really enjoy and appreciate your contributions.

So you believe i337 has LTE band 4 AWS band but not positive?

So Rogers uses 2600 LTE and clearly not on i337 bands so LTE must be different between the two. I want to get a Rogers pay as you go when I travel mainly BC and Northern ON as they seem to have the best coverage.

Where I'm going with this is 2600 is likely a secret band. I need it for Canada (and Europe). The guys in the other thread are adding LTE bands. Any way to add 2600 LTE to the i337? It has got to be there. I got to believe there i337M guys who could use some some US LTE bands when they are traveling on this side. This phone would be a bomb if we could figure this out.

The phone 100% has AWS LTE. All AT&T LTE devices do. In the case of Verizon, any device that supports XLTE (that's what Verizon is marketing their AWS LTE as) also supports it, though their phones are more finicky (they hide THE APN menu on some phones, and other sneaky things).

I owned an i337 and used it on T-Mobile. It got LTE without the mod, though I did the mod anyway because AWS HSPA+ was more prevalent back then (I have a T-Mobile Note 3 now). Rogers uses AWS LTE actually. Their secondary frequency is, as you said, 2600 MHz (I think they sell this as Rogers Maxx), though that frequency is really useless because it's so high, it won't penetrate walls well at all and won't even cover a large area. I'm could swear I remember reading that the i337 does 2600 GHz because a guy in Germany showed me a screenshot in another thread (Europe uses 800/1800/2600 MHz for LTE).

idumbakumar

Aug 25, 2010
chennai
I run this rom on my I337 phone on T-Mobile and wifi calling is in the rom.

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-tmobile/development/rom-4-4-4-nh7-insane-kit-kat-v1-9-14-14-t2876946

This rom don't upgrade the modem so I edited the aws first on the stock (T-Mobile for I337 NJ4 rom)

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-att/general/rom-m919nh7safestrapromfori337-t2874741

then installed the sickness rom which don't update the modem. I had to do it this way because the wiz codes don't work on the sickness rom.

hi can i flash T-Mobile for I337 NJ4 rom to get the AWS , WCDMA bands working? i am unable to do the AWS mod using QPST becuase i have 4.4.4 NJ4 on my i337
can u pls help me in enabling AWS band??

thanks

Thr33-F0ur

Oct 28, 2012
Baton Rouge
You have to flash the MF3 modem in RockRatt's thread to get this mod to work. Its the only way to get AWS HSPA+ to work on the i337.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

destructionj

Dec 29, 2014
Chicago
Aws for i337 newer roms (nj4) 4.4.4

You have to flash the MF3 modem in RockRatt's thread to get this mod to work. Its the only way to get AWS HSPA+ to work on the i337.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

MF3 modem will not work on NJ4. the phone will not work, also, QPST will not connect to the phone if you flash MF3 onto the phone. MF3 will work on 4.4.3 but not 4.4.4 NJ4.

hi can i flash T-Mobile for I337 NJ4 rom to get the AWS , WCDMA bands working? i am unable to do the AWS mod using QPST becuase i have 4.4.4 NJ4 on my i337
can u pls help me in enabling AWS band??

thanks

Install QPST Setup build 323
Find the program RF NV Item Manager in the QPST folder and open it
Read the values on the phone under the File option(File-Read from phone)
look for line 1877 and change the number that reads 82314112 to now show 115868544
line 1877 should now read 115868544
THEN
Select FILE and then WRITE CHANGED NV ITEMS TO PHONE.
WAIT FOR A FEW SECONDS WHEN DONE
then install a app called terminal emulator onto the phone
Use terminal emulator to enter command
su
Then enter command
setprop persist.usb.eng 0
then reboot the phone.

Root access is needed to do this method as terminal emulator is used. This is the method i used and it worked. The 1st post is outdated and no longer works on new roms. Flashing MF3 onto newer roms also no longer works.
I was pointed to this method by Product F(RED) and after some trial and error, I came up with a working method using some logical reasoning after reading the thread at "Unlock all bands of your Qualcomm device."

http://xdaforums.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/thread-progress-please-leave-im-updating-t2871269

If you look back to post 1141 on this thread, you can see how this method of discovery was introduced into this thread.
Post 1145 briefly explains what I did to get the method described

The following bands report as active when 115868544 is entered into the band preference tool I used.
[Bit_07] GSM DCS 1800 band
[Bit_08] GSM Extended GSM (E-GSM) band
[Bit_09] GSM Primary GSM (P-GSM) band
[Bit_19] GSM 850 band
[Bit_21] GSM PCS 1900 band
[Bit_22] WCDMA Band I - EUROPE JAPAN & CHINA IMT 2100 band
[Bit_23] WCDMA Band II - US PCS 1900 band
[Bit_25] WCDMA Band IV - US 1700 band
[Bit_26] WCDMA Band V - US 850 band

Stock I337 value 82314112 reports using band preference tool.
[Bit_07] GSM DCS 1800 band
[Bit_08] GSM Extended GSM (E-GSM) band
[Bit_09] GSM Primary GSM (P-GSM) band
[Bit_19] GSM 850 band
[Bit_21] GSM PCS 1900 band
[Bit_22] WCDMA Band I - EUROPE JAPAN & CHINA IMT 2100 band
[Bit_23] WCDMA Band II - US PCS 1900 band
[Bit_26] WCDMA Band V - US 850 band

Last edited:

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
Duluth MN
The phone 100% has AWS LTE. All AT&T LTE devices do. In the case of Verizon, any device that supports XLTE (that's what Verizon is marketing their AWS LTE as) also supports it, though their phones are more finicky (they hide THE APN menu on some phones, and other sneaky things).

I owned an i337 and used it on T-Mobile. It got LTE without the mod, though I did the mod anyway because AWS HSPA+ was more prevalent back then (I have a T-Mobile Note 3 now). Rogers uses AWS LTE actually. Their secondary frequency is, as you said, 2600 MHz (I think they sell this as Rogers Maxx), though that frequency is really useless because it's so high, it won't penetrate walls well at all and won't even cover a large area. I'm could swear I remember reading that the i337 does 2600 GHz because a guy in Germany showed me a screenshot in another thread (Europe uses 800/1800/2600 MHz for LTE).

So if the i377 ATT has a working undocumented 2600 (band 7) then likely the M919 Tmo also has this feature. We know the i337M Rogers has the 2600. Therefore, I have the following bands for these phones and they are probably all the same except only the M919 Tmo ships with the AWS band 4 activated.
LTE 700 / 850 / 1700 AWS / 1900 / 2600 (17, 5, 4, 2,7)
WCDMA 850 / 1700 AWS / 1900 / 2100 / (5, 4, 2, 1)
After we activate the AWS band 4 in the i377 and the i377M using the tricks from this thread then all 3 phones have identical bands. Would you agree this is most likely correct?

You say "Europe uses 800/1800/2600 MHz for LTE" A new European delivery USB modem listed LTE 800 / 900/ 1800 / 2100 / 2600 MHz (channels: B20, B8, B3, B1, B7) but maybe 900 and 2100 are Aus or Asia. Would there be any way to activate 800 and 1800 LTE so we could use these devices in Europe on LTE using this same method? I was not able to get LTE using Vodafone in The Netherlands this past summer on my S4.

dokttati

Feb 2, 2015
is it possible to enable aws on l720 or l720t

This guide will help you enable AWS on AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 i337 or Canadian Samsung Galaxy S4 i337M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All Files Have been Included In The Attachment ( See Below )

Instructions

1. Run & Install QPST Setup build 323 on your windows computer [File attached below]

2. [ With Latest Android Updates on S4, you don't need this step(2) which requires an application to be installed which is attached below named as phoneutil.apk, skip this step, How to know if you don't need, when Dial *#0808# on your dial pad if it shows a prompt poped up you don't need this step ]
Copy phoneutil.apk (attached to this post) to your phone & Install it on your phone -> go to myfiles (on your phone), browse and install it.

3. Disconnect your phone from computer & dial:
For stock android versions:
Dial *#7284# on your phone dialer and hit “Qualcomm USB settings” button
For Updated Android Versions
*#0808# for new updated android S4

4. Check “RNDIS + DM + MODEM” then connect to computer again. (Some people got it working with "DM + MODEM + ADB")
usb_setting.jpg

5.Your windows will install driver ( Samsung Kies if is installed, it will install drivers for your device )

6. Next, open up Device Manager on your computer and find “Samsung Mobile USB Serial Port” under Ports.
Make a note of the COM number (usually the second one)
device_manager.png

7. Start QPST Confirguration application

8. Press Add New port, Uncheck “Show Serial and USB/QC Diagnostic ports only”, choose the COM port with the number you noted earlier then hit “OK”.
addnewport.png

adnepo.png

10. Choose “Start Clients” and choose “SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD”.

11. Choose the “Backup” tab, hit “Browse” for Port and choose your COM number, hit “Browse” for QCN File and make a new file name for the QCN file you will be making a backup of. We will be backing up the NV Memory on your phone just in case you mess up something. Then hit Start.
backup.png

12. Hit the “Restore” tab, set Port to your COM number. Next, choose the QCN File as “337_AWS.qcn”. (I have attached below)
Then hit “Start” button. If you get a warning just hit “OK”.
restore.png

13. Once that’s done restoring, your phone will reboot. Just give it about a minute as it will reboot. Once rebooted, you can insert your T-Mobile/Wind/Mobilicity SIM card and start enjoying
networks.png

Tested 100% Works with all AWS network flawlessly.

FAQ

Will this void my warranty?
No.
What to do if i get this error ? "The model number in the QCN file and the phone do not match. Do you still want to restore the phone with this file?"
It is safe to continue
Will it work with other networks Rogers, Bell, Fido ?
Yes.
Phone has to be sim unlocked for this patch to work?
Yes, phone must be sim unlocked
Will it work with Custom ROMs?
Many custom ROMs work, some ROMs don't work because USB Qualcomm Setting doesnt pop up.
Is it permanent?
When you hard reset your phone(Some custom roms require hard resetting), this needs to be patched again following this guide from beginning other than that, it stays patched even if you restart it.

You are responsible on following the instructions carefully, instructions are provided assuming user has adequate knowledge to carry out basic operations. For those who know, this is done exactly the same way the NOTE 2 was done.

Special Thanks: to FastGsm.com for the phoneutil.apk
I would also like to thank the XDA Team and all those members who'd come up with this idea on the note 2 & before, indeed it wouldn't have been possible without them, originally by sjravi and other respected members

Now Buy me a coffee ;) Donate
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=R49VLCBR45322

Attachment:
QPST Software: Download
All Other Files: Download

Temporary AWS Patch Guide for Samsung S3 i747 Coming Soon Using Smart Apps Makes It Convenient to patch again on ever restart
chen sheng - thanks for donation
Saad Al Haddawi - thanks for donation
Pierluigi Zamparella - thanks!
and many others thank you for your donations.

i have s4 sprint and i am trying to make it work on wind but no luck so far

ozoneaction

Sep 29, 2014
1187 procedure

MF3 modem will not work on NJ4. the phone will not work, also, QPST will not connect to the phone if you flash MF3 onto the phone. MF3 will work on 4.4.3 but not 4.4.4 NJ4.

at first i only got EDGE on my phone using Tmobile then i flashed MF3 and did the original post procedure and was happy that I now had 4G LTE everywhere I went in my city. Then I went out of the country for a week and came back to find only EDGE again. repeated original procedure but still have just EDGE. So if I am understanding this I know want to do this new line 1877 procedure. Thanks just want to make sure I was not misunderstanding something...
And why would it have stopped working when I was getting 4G LTE all the time? Did something change? Does some mystical thing happen to a phone when it travels?

Last edited:

destructionj

Dec 29, 2014
Chicago

at first i only got EDGE on my phone using Tmobile then i flashed MF3 and did the original post procedure and was happy that I now had 4G LTE everywhere I went in my city. Then I went out of the country for a week and came back to find only EDGE again. repeated original procedure but still have just EDGE. So if I am understanding this I know want to do this new line 1877 procedure. Thanks just want to make sure I was not misunderstanding something...
And why would it have stopped working when I was getting 4G LTE all the time? Did something change? Does some mystical thing happen to a phone when it travels?

If you are able to complete the flash using MF3 modem and original posted method then this method should essentially give the same end result. That being said, my phone didn't function correctly with the MF3 modem and therefore the MF3 and flash file method did not suit my needs. The method I gave should be more compatible with a broader and newer range of modems and thus not leave you restricted to older modems just to keep aws. What im sharing is just my personal experience dealing with the problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: ozoneaction

ozoneaction

Sep 29, 2014
If you are able to complete the flash using MF3 modem and original posted method then this method should essentially give the same end result. That being said, my phone didn't function correctly with the MF3 modem and therefore the MF3 and flash file method did not suit my needs. The method I gave should be more compatible with a broader and newer range of modems and thus not leave you restricted to older modems just to keep aws. What im sharing is just my personal experience dealing with the problem.

thanks for reply seems OP doesn't suit my needs either. will head over and read the whole thread of the new method before diving in i guess. thanks so much for the input. some days i think it might be easier for me to take my at&t branded phone over to cricket or is that a dumb idea?

destructionj

Dec 29, 2014
Chicago
thanks for reply seems OP doesn't suit my needs either. will head over and read the whole thread of the new method before diving in i guess. thanks so much for the input. some days i think it might be easier for me to take my at&t branded phone over to cricket or is that a dumb idea?
Last i heard, Cricket was bought out by att. I haven't researched cricket so I personally couldn't give advice on that mater. I do like T mobiles free WiFi calling freature however when i get some time i need to investigate the issue with sending mms while connected to wifi calling. Also i started a new thread for people wanting to try the newer method.
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-att/general/enable-aws-i337-roms-nj4-4-4-4-t3016651

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This guide will help you enable AWS on AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 i337 or Canadian Samsung Galaxy S4 i337M
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All Files Have been Included In The Attachment ( See Below )

Instructions

1. Run & Install QPST Setup build 323 on your windows computer [File attached below]

2. [ With Latest Android Updates on S4, you don't need this step(2) which requires an application to be installed which is attached below named as phoneutil.apk, skip this step, How to know if you don't need, when Dial *#0808# on your dial pad if it shows a prompt poped up you don't need this step ]
    Copy phoneutil.apk (attached to this post) to your phone & Install it on your phone -> go to myfiles (on your phone), browse and install it.

3. Disconnect your phone from computer & dial:
    For stock android versions:
    Dial *#7284# on your phone dialer and hit “Qualcomm USB settings” button
    For Updated Android Versions
    *#0808# for new updated android S4

4. Check “RNDIS + DM + MODEM” then connect to computer again. (Some people got it working with "DM + MODEM + ADB")
    usb_setting.jpg

5.Your windows will install driver ( Samsung Kies if is installed, it will install drivers for your device )

6. Next, open up Device Manager on your computer and find “Samsung Mobile USB Serial Port” under Ports.
    Make a note of the COM number (usually the second one)
    device_manager.png

7. Start QPST Confirguration application

8. Press Add New port, Uncheck “Show Serial and USB/QC Diagnostic ports only”, choose the COM port with the number you noted earlier then hit “OK”.
    addnewport.png

adnepo.png

10. Choose “Start Clients” and choose “SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD”.

11. Choose the “Backup” tab, hit “Browse” for Port and choose your COM number, hit “Browse” for QCN File and make a new file name for the QCN file you will be making a backup of. We will be backing up the NV Memory on your phone just in case you mess up something. Then hit Start.
    backup.png

12. Hit the “Restore” tab, set Port to your COM number. Next, choose the QCN File as “337_AWS.qcn”. (I have attached below)
    Then hit “Start” button. If you get a warning just hit “OK”.
    restore.png

13. Once that’s done restoring, your phone will reboot. Just give it about a minute as it will reboot. Once rebooted, you can insert your T-Mobile/Wind/Mobilicity SIM card and start enjoying
    networks.png

Tested 100% Works with all AWS network flawlessly.

FAQ

Will this void my warranty?
    No.
    What to do if i get this error ? "The model number in the QCN file and the phone do not match. Do you still want to restore the phone with this file?"
    It is safe to continue
    Will it work with other networks Rogers, Bell, Fido ?
    Yes.
    Phone has to be sim unlocked for this patch to work?
    Yes, phone must be sim unlocked
    Will it work with Custom ROMs?
    Many custom ROMs work, some ROMs don't work because USB Qualcomm Setting doesnt pop up.
    Is it permanent?
    When you hard reset your phone(Some custom roms require hard resetting), this needs to be patched again following this guide from beginning other than that, it stays patched even if you restart it.

You are responsible on following the instructions carefully, instructions are provided assuming user has adequate knowledge to carry out basic operations. For those who know, this is done exactly the same way the NOTE 2 was done.

Special Thanks: to FastGsm.com for the phoneutil.apk
    I would also like to thank the XDA Team and all those members who'd come up with this idea on the note 2 & before, indeed it wouldn't have been possible without them, originally by sjravi and other respected members

Now Buy me a coffee ;) Donate
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=R49VLCBR45322

Attachment:
    QPST Software: Download
    All Other Files: Download

Temporary AWS Patch Guide for Samsung S3 i747 Coming Soon Using Smart Apps Makes It Convenient to patch again on ever restart
    chen sheng - thanks for donation
    Saad Al Haddawi - thanks for donation
    Pierluigi Zamparella - thanks!
    and many others thank you for your donations.
    Rated 5 stars!

Thx for posting the QCN file, I was about to make a backup from my own M919 until I saw this!

Video tutorial for anyone having trouble here:
    I made a flashable zip for unlock aws networks for att variant Modem mdl

Thanks to erolz for the modem and toothmkr57 for the idea :)

You can test it and give feedback please

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=42589312

[RADIO]I337/I337m [CAN][USA]MEX]15/06/2013
    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
    Oh ok. Can I install that .qcn modem file using Odin?
    I think only with QPST

If you can't get QPST to detect phone (0) then try this:

dial *#0808#, change to RNDIS, if that doesn't work try RMNET, if it still doesn't work dial *#9090# and hit 2 for HSIC. Fire up QPST, restore 337_aws.qcn file (backup yours first), after phone reboots go to mobile network and pick access point names, make sure dot beside your provider, go to network operators and choose "automatically select preferred network". Boom, done.

-Jamie M.