[FIX][SHARPENING][ALL VARIANTS][29.01.2015] Sharpening Mod Script v. 3.5

Search This thread

Skin1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 25, 2009
confirmed V3 does NOT work with VS985 running stock 12b. If you dont heed the warning, at least make a backup of the boot partition.

I have a G3 F400K,running CloudyG3 1.2 - KK 4.4.2 ... Just make a nandroid and flash this mod ==> now my phone got boot loop :( It said " Secure Booting Error " then the LG logo disapear ==> the Screen gone Black and only the red and blue LED Flashing...how can i fix this :(

New version (3.5) is UP. If you can, pls try and report.

Skin1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 25, 2009
Last edited:
Reactions: teddy0209

EMJI79

can you confirm that the codename is tiger6?

Yes it is.

Sent from my LG-F460S using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Can you try this TWRP?

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934520059

Flash with flashify or similar

Make a backup of your current recovery to be sure.

OK thanks, I'll do that this afternoon.

EMJI79

Did you try the recovery?

Sent from my SM-N910F using XDA Free mobile app

No, I just saw your messages

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

You already sent me a stock img.... right?

Can you post again a link pls?

Sent from my SM-N910F using XDA Free mobile app

I updated my software to 10w since that time, does it change the boot?

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

b

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Sent

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys... probably you remember this thread: [FIX][Oversharpening][All Variants] Stock kernel with oversharpening fix

Those kernel aren't good as the stock ones because i builded them from source without any fix ( this is also the reason why they take some time to boot ).
    Additionally some doesn't like the sharpening completely disable and want to try differents values.

Here i come with this new Aroma Scripts. Just flash it in recovery, select your preferred value between 0 to 40 ( 0 - 5 - 10 - 15 - 20 - 25 - 30 - 35 - 40 ), install and reboot.

This might be compatible with all kernels ( also AOSP ) but i didn't test for all so i need your feedback.

Installation:

- Copy the zip in your device;
    - Reboot in recovery and do a backup of your boot partition ( just to be safe );
    - Install the zip;
    - reboot your device.

IMPORTANT: Remember to put your screen off 1 time to make it working.

Changelog:

v.2.0 - Now stock Kitkat ROM might works tnx to my new livebump script
    v.2.5 - Script Fix
    v.3.0 - Added all values from 00 to 40
    v.3.5 Better compatibility

If you are asking to yourself if this is safe to try the answer is : YES. Just do a backup of your boot partition before install the script. If your device will not boot reboot in recovery, restore your boot partition and you are good to go.
    Very nice zip @Skin1980 .. this makes things easy for the users :)

I've been manually editing the sharpening values on the phone... works great on D851 on 4.4.2 and 5.0.
    Seems the "00" value causes errors for me and will not boot the phone... 01 and up works just fine.
    "11" seems to be the sweet spot for my device. It's very hard to notice the sharpening on default settings with my panel but I do notice it when zooming in on this page and looking at the edges of the 8's and 6's.. very faint white edge... which disappears completely at "11". "12" still showed it slightly.

starting to fiddle with the other values in the sharpening to see if I can figure out what else is going on.
    39 01 00 00 00 00 04 F2 01 00 40 - the bold byte is what this flashable zip is editing.. 00 - 40.
    39 01 00 00 00 00 04 F2 01 00 40 - was able to edit this bold byte but not sure if anything is changing.. tried from 01 - 99
    39 01 00 00 00 00 04 F2 01 00 40 - edited this but not sure what it's for.. no noticeable change.
    39 01 00 00 00 00 04 F2 01 00 40 - edited this byte and after turning the screen off the backlight doesn't come back on(fixed with proper setting of course).

will keep poking...
    I REALLY cannot thank you enought (of course a beer will be on the way as soon as I get home)
    For those who still don't believe this thing work (I know there are a few out there), or can't see the difference, I took some pictures.
    The is an OBVIOUS difference.
    The screen has a totally different (and better) way of showing everything, specially text. In these pictures you can clearly see the difference in Gray over Grey and Grey over Black (like in the BlueTooth icon) which were the ones that bothered me the most.

OP, please fell free to use them in the first post if you want to.
    1st pic is Sharpened BT icon (LG Default)
    2nd pic is Unsharpened BT Icon (Sharpness 0)
    3rd pic is a sharpened shot of settings in PT-BR (LG Default)
    4th pic is an unsharpened shot of settings in PT-BR (Sharpness 0)

Now the last problem that bothered the hell out of me with the G3 is solved. For sure the best device of 2014!!
    Very nice zip @Skin1980 .. this makes things easy for the users :)

I've been manually editing the sharpening values on the phone... works great on D851 on 4.4.2 and 5.0.
    Seems the "00" value causes errors for me and will not boot the phone... 01 and up works just fine.
    "11" seems to be the sweet spot for my device. It's very hard to notice the sharpening on default settings with my panel but I do notice it when zooming in on this page and looking at the edges of the 8's and 6's.. very faint white edge... which disappears completely at "11". "12" still showed it slightly.

starting to fiddle with the other values in the sharpening to see if I can figure out what else is going on.
    39 01 00 00 00 00 04 F2 01 00 40 - the bold byte is what this flashable zip is editing.. 00 - 40.
    39 01 00 00 00 00 04 F2 01 00 40 - was able to edit this bold byte but not sure if anything is changing.. tried from 01 - 99
    39 01 00 00 00 00 04 F2 01 00 40 - edited this but not sure what it's for.. no noticeable change.
    39 01 00 00 00 00 04 F2 01 00 40 - edited this byte and after turning the screen off the backlight doesn't come back on(fixed with proper setting of course).

will keep poking...

I'm building a new script that might work on stock kernel too. This because i changed the bump python script into a bash form that can be run from recovery.

Need some test more but i'm very near to the solution.

Tnx for your interest.

Best reguards.
    Hi ! I flashed your last chupachups kernel with oversharpening fix implemented but my g3 runs your lollipop rom (the one already rooted), not your chupachups release. Everything is fine for now. Is there any reason to flash a stock kernel and apply this mod instead ?

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

Chupa Kernel is enouth good but the kitkat kernel i posted aren't. So i think that is better to use this instead of thoose kernels.

Plus, with this, you can select your preferred value ( some guys didn't like the sharpening completely disabled ) and might be universal ( stock - AOSP )