Onda v919 Air 3G Dual Boot 9.7" 2048x1536 px - Z3736F - 3G - Android/Windows

Search This thread

SUMMERBREEZE

Oct 3, 2010
ISTANBUL
Well I've a rather big issue, I factory reset my Windows install due to Windows update eating up all of my free space and as a result I dont have the OS switch working. Any ideas on how to install the OS switch, I have no access to Windows now :(

The link to Insyde DualOSSwitcher.exe is there in the toolbar, but the folder and app is missing!

so the only way to switch between two OS is just an application? and now you dont have it :(
Is there anything on Onda forums or Onda website? I thought that Teclast's solution for dual boot was a bit odd, but thinking again and it seems still the best way i think :mad:

SUMMERBREEZE

Oct 3, 2010
ISTANBUL

Hendrickson

Aug 24, 2008
Denia, Spain
www.youtube.com
so the only way to switch between two OS is just an application? and now you dont have it :(
Is there anything on Onda forums or Onda website? I thought that Teclast's solution for dual boot was a bit odd, but thinking again and it seems still the best way i think :mad:

Yes it's just an application that resets it into the other OS for you, so there is no dual boot menu at the start when booting up. It's really not better than the Teclast way of doing it because if you were already in Windows and wanted Android, but you shutdown. You have to boot into Windows and then switch to Android. No way to boot into Android to start with like the Teclast.

I found the fix thanks to ondaforums.com, it's the app used to switch the OS. Hopefully my Android partitions are still intact.
After resetting Windows, you need to install this again to get the OSswitch to work.

Attachments

• ONDA_Q2S.rar
    361.3 KB · Views: 41,234

SUMMERBREEZE

Oct 3, 2010
ISTANBUL
http://youtu.be/JH0Qj9dL2u8

Here is a video of the V919 and comparing it to my X98 Air 3G

And the system booting from Android into Windows (No cuts) so you an see just how long it takes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz7GYlChsFA

thank you for great and honest comparison video. But i would still go for Teclast cos HDMI and GPS are crucial things for my business life.. (i very often connect my tablet to the projector for slideshows to our customers and also i go to business trips by my car and need GPS with me all the time)
And lets see how the 7000 mAh(or 6000?) battery will behave. As far as i remember, you were not happy with Onda V975W battery lifesince it gets worse and worse.. But i really liked the design of Onda.. Its is maybe the closest copy of Ipad Air 2 :)

sauliusz

Jan 8, 2015
From what I have read and the info on their site.... No.
BUt users ask questions on Onda page http://www.onda-tablet.com/onda-v919-air-dual-boot-tablet-pc-64gb.html and seller in comments responds that it has GPS, so are they lying ? Or are just drivers missing ?

Also Teclast is trashing Onda V919 for bad internal design. They are saying that there is only one speaker, so hendrickson can test that for us :)
https://mikecanex.wordpress.com/201...war-against-onda-makes-them-toast/#more-61363

Last edited:

Hendrickson

Aug 24, 2008
Denia, Spain
www.youtube.com
BUt users ask questions on Onda page http://www.onda-tablet.com/onda-v919-air-dual-boot-tablet-pc-64gb.html and seller in comments responds that it has GPS, so are they lying ? Or are just drivers missing ?

Also Teclast is trashing Onda V919 for bad internal design. They are saying that there is only one speaker, so hendrickson can test that for us :)
https://mikecanex.wordpress.com/201...war-against-onda-makes-them-toast/#more-61363

Well I can't see the device manager stating there is a location sensor. I see something labeled as BMA2x2 some accelerator bosch sensor? 99% sure there is no GPS, Android does not show or report a GPS sensor.

As for the one speaker, I can confirm that sound coming from the right speaker grill seems a bit louder, I'm sure it is just a single speaker. If I can do so without cracking the screen I will try and open it up and see what the internals are like. The Teclast X98 Air 3G insides are very nice and neat as you would expect.

Battery life, is 20-30% less than the Air 3G too.

Hendrickson

Aug 24, 2008
Denia, Spain
www.youtube.com
Okay so we need the latest bios update 0A (27th Jan 15) to get the boot dual boot menu (Like the Teclast air 3G)

Just extract run the update, then reset and on boot hold vol+ and you'll see a nice dual boot menu selector. And with the in system switch as well this makes it the best dual boot system changer so far.

Bios update below:

Attachments

• ONDA_V919_3g_air_DUALOS_0A.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 2,315

Sacrifice89

Apr 11, 2014
Hello Guys, I bought a Teclast x98 Air 2 at DealExtreme. However i'm stuck with a faulty GPU.

Now they gave me the option for a replacement or an exchange. I don't know how many faulty units are out there but i don't want to take another risk, so I was looking at other options and I found the Onda tablet.

I was wondering if it's possible to play games like Oblivion or Half life 2 on this tablet? How long does the battery last when gaming and have you tried WIDI direct yet?

MrIngenieur

May 31, 2014
Just received shipment notification for my Onda v919 dual boot 64GB
At the moment it is just the pre shipping information, as dhl has not scanned the package yet... We will see...

Tracking Consuming:247.09796905518 Millisecond
2015-01-31 18:08:00, Shipment information received, SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC

At the moment it is just the pre shipping information, as dhl has not scanned the package yet... We will see...
Is there an official dealer for Onda? I see a few vendors that sell these but not sure if one is better than the other. I think Hendrickson had a lot of problems with his purchase from Geek buying if I am not mistaken.

I know it's early but I haven't seen any reports of battery drain or freeze during games yet. While this may lack a little in features (one speaker, no HDMI and GPS), it seems more stable than Teclast x98 at the moment. I suppose only time will tell.

Last edited:

MrIngenieur

May 31, 2014
Is there an official dealer for Onda? I see a few vendors that sell these but not sure if one is better than the other. I think Hendrickson had a lot of problems with his purchase from Geek buying if I am not mistaken.

I know it's early but I haven't seen any reports of battery drain or freeze during games yet. While this may lack a little in features (one speaker, no HDMI and GPS), it seems more stable than Teclast x98 at the moment. I suppose only time will tell.

As I have mentioned before, mine was bought at Onda-tablet.com but I don't have it yet... And time between order and first shipping notice is way more than a week

guygenius

Jan 19, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S20

Same here. I received the pre shipping information couple of days before but DHL has not scanned the package. I have reading on other seller website that the 64GB version is delayed, 32GB version is in stock. I think the guys at Onda Tablet website (not affiliated to manufacturer are lying. They are also falsely claiming that the 64GB version has GPS. Lets see if the package gets shipped out in a couple of days.

MrIngenieur

May 31, 2014
Same here. I received the pre shipping information couple of days before but DHL has not scanned the package. I have reading on other seller website that the 64GB version is delayed, 32GB version is in stock. I think the guys at Onda Tablet website (not affiliated to manufacturer are lying. They are also falsely claiming that the 64GB version has GPS. Lets see if the package gets shipped out in a couple of days.

Did you contact them for shipping details or did they provide the tracking number on their own?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Battery Replacement

Hi Guys,

I just received my 12000 mah battery today and did the replacement. I have attached some pics for a tutorial. I'm just charging the battery right now, so hopefully I can report back in a few days.

1. Open up the Sim/SD cover and remove the four screws. Be sure to remove any cards, or else you won't be able to get them out after reassembly without taking apart again.
    2. Insert a prying tool as shown and go around the entire tablet. No cables to worry about breaking.
    3. I just removed the tape covering the ribbon cables connected to the board on one side. You will have to lift up the tabs connecting the cables to remove them.
    4. Then remove the battery cable. This easily pulls out.
    5. Remove the battery from the case. It does have some adhesive tape, so I used a metal spatula with a little bit of work.
    I added some pics to show the size comparison of the batteries. The left is the original and the Sony is the new one.
    6. Position the battery how you like and reconnect the cables.
    7. As I saw mentioned on Onda Forums, the tablet doesn't completely close up. One side was fine, but the other had a slight crack. I don't think this will be an issue for me, but too early to tell. I also did not notice any extra light halo on my screen due to the battery being thicker. Before I replaced the battery I had a slight light halo on the edge with a black screen, but after I replaced the battery that halo seems to have disappeared.

Anyways, that's my brief tutorial. Would give more details if I had more time, but headed home for the day. Please feel free to ask any questions.
    Rom

Hello friends,

first I guess the

9.7 inch Onda V919 3G Air Win10 Android 4.4 DualOS 3735F 1.83GHz 2GB 64GB Golden Edition

is my first ONDA device. I bought it from GearBest. And I am truly amazed. The built quality is great. The performance is great also.

For this reason I modified the stock Android firmware based on the latest firmware dated 2015-10-14. The rom is rooted, has Playstore and other benefits. You can flash it without touching your Windows system.

So have phun and l@zz d@nz.

V919 3G AIR 64GB V1.0.1_V5 20151014 Gold_pogodancer-mod

If the thread opener is still active here: Please add the link with the device description to post #1. Thanks.
    A few comments after the past few days of use.

My charging to %69 battery was fixed by the firmware update, today it went to %100.
    I have a battery monitor constantly logging ( im aware this will eat some battery ) to get an idea of usage time. in idle, flight mode etc so will have a better guess at how well the battery performs at the end of the day

I dropped it off the arm of the sofa and it fell two feet and hit carpet, these are not built to the same durability as other brands, it knocked the screen out slightly. Pushing back in resolved it, no damage but a bit surprised. Whilst the screen was popped out, I pulled it out slightly more and took a photo of the speakers, yep there is definitely only one.

My only real drawbacks to the tablet now are potential battery life, if it's really only 4.5 hours that's a bit surprising considering the onda specs state 7,000 mah for the dual boot version. And the audio jack is weird, I have some head phones ( AKG ) with a generic pause button on the cable, audio is terrible unless I am holding down this button. Will try with other headphones later to see if there is something wrong or it's just this pair of headphones is incompatible, although not sure why it would be.

Another thing is, anyone looking to flash using the software from the Onda Forums, you will need to remove the chinese characters from the folder names, the flash tool can not read these characters and it will fail to flash at around %16.

One thing for people to be aware of when buying a case, I have a slim tight fitting iPad Air case and it's great. There's a few areas to note though. The power button is closer to the volume button than the mute switch on the ipad so if the case has very specific and accurate cut out for each button, it may not fit. Secondly, on my case at least the usb connector also feels slightly too high, some cables will still fit in fine but if the micro usb end has a big plastic covering it might not fit all the way. Lastly the screen doesn't have a metal strip in it to allow magnetic covers to connect. Not a big deal but something to think about when buying the case.

Also, I haven't so far had any wifi problems on Win8. Win8 is fully updated and store apps download with out a problem. The only Win8 problem I have had is that the auto rotate stops working, a reboot resolves this.

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Some pictures

Yes it's just an application that resets it into the other OS for you, so there is no dual boot menu at the start when booting up. It's really not better than the Teclast way of doing it because if you were already in Windows and wanted Android, but you shutdown. You have to boot into Windows and then switch to Android. No way to boot into Android to start with like the Teclast.

I found the fix thanks to ondaforums.com, it's the app used to switch the OS. Hopefully my Android partitions are still intact.
    After resetting Windows, you need to install this again to get the OSswitch to work.
    I was able to reserve a copy but it gave me errors while trying to install. I typed the command wuauclt.exe /updatenow as admin while Windows update was checking for updates.

So what I did was I went and got the Windows 10 download tool.
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

I then selected to create media and had it use the sd card add the usb drive.
    It will erase the sd card so either back it up or use a different one.
    I then ran the setup.exe on the sd card and it installed.
    No keyboard necessary.
    After that almost everything worked right after install, the video driver needs an update.
    You can use these to install everything that is missing
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9u9njtqrwe4k2mn/v919 3G Air DualOS_Win8.1_x86_Drivers.zip?dl=0

By doing it this way you don't lose the q2s software to switch os's