[Q&A] [ROM][5.0.2][KFHD7][Unofficial]BeanStalk5.0 Lollipop

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [ROM][5.0.2][KFHD7][Unofficial]BeanStalk5.0 Lollipop

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [ROM][5.0.2][KFHD7][Unofficial]BeanStalk5.0 Lollipop. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

FireFlyChef

Jan 11, 2015
problem with Beanstalk for Kindle Fire HD

I just flashed Beanstalk onto my Kindle, also Gapps, and SuperSU without problems. However, when I was setting up my tablet, the Google setup option was skipped and when I go to Setting/Accounts/Add account, the screen flashes and does not prompt me to add any information. I rebooted twice, and tried again twicr, with the same outcome. All else about this ROM is working fine.

bbaarr

Jan 13, 2015
same issues here

Quote:
Originally Posted by androidnewbie123
After booting the tablet, system wizard keeps crashing. Any ideas on what to do here?

Which gapps are you flashing after ROM?

im using the google stock package.

so after i got the same error i wiped everything on my kfhd7, now my PC doesn't read my my kindle. i can no longer copy paste the files to the sd. to try and reflash the rom.

I just realized that CM12 is finally out and that there are versions for KFHD! I'd like to ask a few questions since I haven't installed any L roms yet and am wondering about a bunch of stuff.

I've been running the PAC rom until now, the KitKat version and although it was very nice at first it's really laggy now so I'm hoping for a decent change. Is L really better as far as performance goes? :/

Also, in the bugs it said about some option in settings FC'ing? I know it's silly to ask, but what does FC stand for? >.< (I know... sorry...)

If I want updates do I have to check in your post in XDA, or are there OTA's available?

Hope I'm not spamming, I thought it'd be better to ask here than creating a new post in Q&A even though I haven't flashed it yet...

Thanks for taking the time to read this (and hopefully reply ^_^)

Question: I'm running the 20/01 update. I never had issues with the performance tab crashing but I can't put the performance in 1500, it can go below 1200 but completely ignores me when I try to take it higher. So here's my question. Is it a kernel issue? I've never installed a custom kernel (unless it can be installed when flashing a ROM), dunno how it works. Also which settings in performance are recommended for my kindle to be as fast as possible and can increasing it to 1500 damage my kindle?

fsh27b

Dec 8, 2011
Stuck

1st and foremost 1000 apologies if this has been answered in the discussion thread. I keep getting an error while installing the latest beanstalk ROM. I'm currently on twrp 2.7.0.0, running the latest cm 11 nightly. I've downloaded the beanstalk ROM, super su, and mini pa gapps. I usually fix all my mistakes or problems by myself but I keep running into this one. As soon as I do a full wipe and install, it errors and brings me back to install zip screen. Pleas any assistance would be great.

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

1st and foremost 1000 apologies if this has been answered in the discussion thread. I keep getting an error while installing the latest beanstalk ROM. I'm currently on twrp 2.7.0.0, running the latest cm 11 nightly. I've downloaded the beanstalk ROM, super su, and mini pa gapps. I usually fix all my mistakes or problems by myself but I keep running into this one. As soon as I do a full wipe and install, it errors and brings me back to install zip screen. Please any assistance would be great. Oh and I almost forgot. The log says that the zip signature failed. If that helps. Thanks again

1st and foremost 1000 apologies if this has been answered in the discussion thread. I keep getting an error while installing the latest beanstalk ROM. I'm currently on twrp 2.7.0.0, running the latest cm 11 nightly. I've downloaded the beanstalk ROM, super su, and mini pa gapps. I usually fix all my mistakes or problems by myself but I keep running into this one. As soon as I do a full wipe and install, it errors and brings me back to install zip screen. Pleas any assistance would be great.

Perhaps you could try going in TWRP => Mount and uncheck System and then try again. Oh, and if you have questions/issues go to the actual Beanstalk thread and ask (I'm saying that for future reference), they reply instantly there, I've posted in Q&A a bunch of issues but they haven't replied :( Anyway, good luck! Ask again if it doesn't work! Oh, in general when flashing Beanstalk I do a wipe on System as well, I never encountered any problems when flashing it.

Reactions: fsh27b

fsh27b

Dec 8, 2011
Perhaps you could try going in TWRP => Mount and uncheck System and then try again. Oh, and if you have questions/issues go to the actual Beanstalk thread and ask (I'm saying that for future reference), they reply instantly there, I've posted in Q&A a bunch of issues but they haven't replied :( Anyway, good luck! Ask again if it doesn't work! Oh, in general when flashing Beanstalk I do a wipe on System as well, I never encountered any problems when flashing it.

I actually solved it on my own. Unfortunately I read you post on the main thread, but since I don't have at least 10 posts. I'm not allowed to post on the main thread. I kept getting the error zip file signature verification. I just happened to tumble into the settings and unchecked that. It went smooth from there. The double post happened when I tried to copy and paste it into the main thread. Hence I found out I'm not allowed to post there. Thanks for responding to my post though.

I actually solved it on my own. Unfortunately I read you post on the main thread, but since I don't have at least 10 posts. I'm not allowed to post on the main thread. I kept getting the error zip file signature verification. I just happened to tumble into the settings and unchecked that. It went smooth from there. The double post happened when I tried to copy and paste it into the main thread. Hence I found out I'm not allowed to post there. Thanks for responding to my post though.

No worries. Jee this thing with 10 posts is annoying, when I first joined XDA I already knew how to root etc and I bricked my kindle trying to install TWRP, but I didn't have enough posts to post in the development thread. Glad you figured it out! Beanstalk is a pretty nice rom, it works amazing for me, you'll probably find it much speedier than KK ;)

EuphoriazZ

Feb 20, 2015
Help ;-;

I was booting Beanstalk 5.0 on my Kindle Fire HD 7'. I flashed everything, but literally everything pops up saying it stopped. I cannot do anything on it, what do I do?

gilleanaellig

Feb 24, 2015
So how long does it take for first time boot up?
I'm hoping it's just loading up and not frozen on this black screen with no boot animation :(
It's been half an hour now.

rahjer

Aug 22, 2010
Netflix

Is there any way to get Netflix to work with this rom? I can log in, select a user, and all the programs will populate on the screen. When I choose a program, it just sits there and spins the red circle never loading the program.

budders894

Apr 23, 2015
Harrisburg
Is it possible to load lollipop onto a kindle fire HD (3rd gen).. a couple of the things i've seen so far are saying i need a fast boot cable and that there is no possible way to backup this model kindle.. Are these true? Thanks guys.

joppari

Apr 30, 2015
I can't download the gappas because the page of the links is close. Could someone send me the gapps link or something?
Sorry my bad English
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.