[Guide][Flash] How to play flash video on Android 4.4 Kitkat

Search This thread

n2d551

Apr 2, 2012
hampton,va
The newest dolphin version and the unmodified flash player works great for me on lollipop

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

sutobe

Dec 10, 2013
The newest dolphin version and the unmodified flash player works great for me on lollipop

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

I was going to write that lol

Works for me as well, just gave it a try and was surprised tbh

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

can someone reupload the hacked flashplayer apk please, seems like google blocked it :(

http://www.file-upload.net/download-10038573/KitKat.Adobe.Flash.Player.11.1.apk.html

flhthemi

Feb 8, 2012
Statesville, NC
I could browse to the site, no problem.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 2

Here's what I get from Dolphin and then what I get from Boat Browser (attached)

Guess I need to find a Dolphin Forum....This is the only browser in my entire system that will not go there...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-03-09-41-46.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-03-09-41-46.png
    153.9 KB · Views: 790
  • Screenshot_2015-01-03-09-42-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-03-09-42-18.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 786
Last edited:

digideth

Aug 18, 2014
Here's what I get from Dolphin and then what I get from Boat Browser (attached)

Guess I need to find a Dolphin Forum....This is the only browser in my entire system that will not go there...

try this test... put the www in the url and see if Dolphin takes you to the site.

Dolphin may not be following the non www redirect to the www site properly.

digideth

Aug 18, 2014
well dam.

don't know what to say except that is pretty weird.

have you tried using a proxy site just for the hell of it?

flhthemi

Feb 8, 2012
Statesville, NC
Didn't work, still the same out come.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium

I have already tried :

http://www.bsplayer.com
www.bsplayer.com
bsplayer.com

Turning OFF flash player
Clearing all cookies and cache
Tried every mode of User Agent

None worked. Like I said....ALL other devices on my network, including PCs, have no problem getting there. It's just Dolphin. I think it may be some issue with how long it takes to actually access the site as it is kinda slow. I reported this to them and got a reply, don't recall what they said, but they did ask me to try something that didn't work and I haven't heard a thing since then and that was a couple weeks ago.

So IF you use Dolphin and IF you can't get to bsplayer.com please use Dolphin Settings - Send Feedback - Other critical issues, to report this possible bug...

Last edited:

neonleon29

Jan 31, 2015
Boat Browser not working with Flash Player

I can't get Boat Browser to work with Flash Player. I used Boat Browser on JB with the ICS apk file for Flash Player. Now that I have moved up to Kit Kat, I tried downloading the modified version of Flash Player but it doesn't seem to work. Is anyone else having this problem and are there any solutions? It sounds like it did work with Boat Browser at one time. I'm using a Nook HD+ tablet running CM11.

samisosa

Jun 27, 2009
Seattle
LG V60 ThinQ
Having no luck on my Nvidia shield tablet (5.01)and the modded or unmod with both Firefox beta(35), firefox(34), and Dolphin browser(11.3.8 ) latest versions. Dolphin crashes with either and Firefox fails to load.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got the new Nexus 5 and found that flash video playing is totally incompatible with the Android 4.4 Kitkat, no t in Dolphin, not in Firefox and other browsers. This is too bad and I can't imagine it just happened.:mad::mad::mad:

I digged into the code since then and found that some critical APIs have been removed from Android 4.4 that flash uses. DAMN IT!

open failed: cannot locate symbol"_ZN7android10Vectorlmpl19reservedVectorlmpl6Ev" referenced by "libflashplayer.so:..

After several days of coding, I finally found a way out with a hacked flash player. Being so excited and i can't wait wo share it. Here is the guide about how to install the hacked one and how to play flash content in the sites in Dolphin Browser.

1) Download Dolphin Browser

Surprised, Dolphin just push a 10.2.0 update version to me and I found Dolphin Jetpack was built-in. This means you don't have to install 2 separate APK now. Cheers!!

Here is the Download Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser

Warning: [/B]You must have Dolphin Jetpack on in the settings to enjoy it. As far as I have noticed, Dolphin Jetpack better solves the compatibility with flash player, such as crash issue & freeze issue in full screen.

2) Download the hacked flash player HERE

Warning: Make sure that you have uninstall the flash player installed in your device and then install the hacked one for compatibility reason.

If your devices refused to install apk outside Google Play, you may set in your device (Settings> Securities> Unknown resources) to allow installation of apps from unknown sources.

3) Make sure that the flash setting in Dolphin Browser (Click Menu>Settings>Web Content>Flash Player) is on.

Flash Player is not officially supported and therefore the speed of loading of flash video may be slow. However, I have tried many sites such as YouTube and Hulu. They all work properly with satisfactory results.:cool:

Great thanks to @techfanatic9 for recording the video about How to Install Flash Player on Any Android KitKat Phone!

Here is the Video.
    Adobe Hacked for KitKat & Lollipop

update, it works flawlessly on 4.4.3 !

I'm attaching the file for other users.

update 2
    works on 4.4.4

go to this website using dolphin to see if your flash is working flawlessly

http://www.codegeek.net/flash-version.php

Update 3 :

Flash on Lollipop.
    Even works flawlessly with 5.1 dolphin

www.phonearena.com/news/Here-is-how-to-enable-Adobe-Flash-support-in-Android-5.0-Lollipop_id63066
    FYI, the download link for the hacked flash player is broken, and I can't find another link to go with right now. Please put it sun some where Google can't take it down.

Can someone PM me the flash apk?

Looks like Google have removed the file

Thanks

Here ;)
    By the way, downloading the hacked version of the hacked flash player from the site above is blocked by Google. Here it is.
    Adobe hacked Flash player new and correct link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fkp1cmzamkk8nem/0B1qjrD8ZER9ITmlVNW1EVWM5YlE.apk

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app