[APP/MOD][Exynos/Snapdragon][V9] Camera quality mod/Time limit extendr/higher quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rawnaqkasha

Jan 25, 2012
What is the difference between .... SamsungCamera3v9.3g.apk or .. SamsungCamera3v9.3r.apk.....or SamsungCamera3v9.3t.apk
Whichever install possible clarification؟؟؟؟

am use SamsungCamera3v9.3t.apk but SamsungCamera3v9.3g.apk>>>> SamsungCamera3v9.3r.apk not use What is the difference

Last edited:

kevinrocksman

Oct 18, 2009
What is the difference between .... SamsungCamera3v9.3g.apk or .. SamsungCamera3v9.3r.apk.....or SamsungCamera3v9.3t.apk
Whichever install possible clarification؟؟؟؟

am use SamsungCamera3v9.3t.apk but SamsungCamera3v9.3g.apk>>>> SamsungCamera3v9.3r.apk not use What is the difference

The op has information on what each one is.. t is transparent, g is green and r is regular themes

Has someone test it on Note 4 N910F on Lolipop (BOB4)?

Sent from my SM-N910F using XDA Free mobile app

I havent had time but i plan on looking at it when i get free time

abdomahmoud10

Jan 4, 2015
riyadh
I made all steps with the 2 ways .. the normal way it give "camera stop working" flash by recovery ... made nothing .. what's the problem ? .. now i'am backed to the orignal apk file and working .
Plz help

gx3k

Jul 8, 2008
Any mirror links? I only get files that are 56B in size from the download links :(

EDIT: Got it using my PC.

Is there a higher bitrate option for WQHD? Cheers :)

Last edited:

VouSDru

Sep 28, 2011
Follow 1st Page Instructions

It works with Kitkat N910H :)

1st Attempt flash through CWM with the original apk .. Camera icon appear but FC notice "camera stop working" .. manage to clear data Camera App .. it works but Setting camera option no longer function :(

in the end I Follow all the instruction on the 1st page manual paste to /system/app and etc .. Voila Camera work directly works without any FC .. Setting option also function like normal. :victory: :victory:

1. Download ES File Explorer ( I use Root Browser )
2. Go to /system/app and delete SamsungCamera3.apk and SamsungCamera3.odex
3. Copy the SamsungCamera3.apk file over to /system/app
4. Set permissions to rw-r-r
5. (Version 3 or higher) Copy the media_profiles.xml file to /system/etc/
6. Set permissions to rw-r-r
7. Reboot
8. Enjoy

So better follow the instructions to manual paste :D :cool:

Last edited:

baptista.r

Mar 17, 2015
Lollipop in note 4 910c

Hi!!
any predictions or solution to run on the lollipop?

:confused:there are other apks to improve the quality and unlook functions of the camera of note 4 lollipop?

Thanks

Sidneymac

Dec 12, 2010
Can someone kindly explain how these mb increase make the quality of the video and pictures better. Thanks alot.

virparam01

Jan 5, 2013
Hoshiarpur
Ok tried 9.3 versions both the normal and green one.
And in both the versions smooth motion doesnot work.
Everytime i start it displays a message recording stopped.

Sent from my SM-N910G using XDA Free mobile app

Hannah Stern

Aug 30, 2014
Pause Lag

Please try to avoid Pause Lag or Pause Delay.

Pause Lag:
If recording a Video is Paused and then you want to resume the Recording, there's a small lag.

Pause Delay
If you pause Video Recording, then Instantly hit the Video Recorder Key, the recording will not restart. You've got to wait around half a second.
Example: The Nokia 108 has none of this delay.

iChase666

Oct 11, 2012
So there is nothing in the description about this not working for lollipop. Is there a way to fix it without restoring the entire rom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok here we go, after figuring out where everything is located I am now proud to announce this mod for the note 4 (not sure if it will work on all of them but defiantly sprint). I will update the log as I go

Version 9/ Version 9.3
    Turned JPEG quality up to 100% from 96% (Verified)
    Changed DUAL FHD max record time from 5 minutes to 10 minutes
    Changed DUAL HD max record time from 10 minutes to 30 minutes
    Changed UHD max record time from 5 minutes to 30 minutes
    Changed SMOOTH MOTION max record time from 10 minutes to 30 minutes
    Changed SMOOTH MOTION from 28mbit to 40mbit
    Changed UHD from 24mbit to 65mbit
    Changed FHD from 20mbit to 40mbit
    Themed the camera with transparency set at 30% to make buttons less obvious (v4t).
    Themed the camera with a greenish tint and all new icons (v4g - thanks to Kevinoliva113)
    Set UHD/WQHD to max record limit of 20 minutes
    Added the smooth motion default mod from louforgiveno
    Added the mod from Jovy32:
    Disabled Camera/Camcorder "Low Battery", "Can't Use Flash", And "Unable To Start While In A Call" Alerts So Now You Can Use Flash/Camera/Camcorder Even When Your Phone's Battery Is Running Low Or During A Phone Call.
    Removed 05:00 time from UHD and WQHD recording, will only show up when almost out of space
    Created a EXYNOS version
    Added capability to record during calls(Thanks to dwitherell)
    No audio interruption if listening to music(Thanks to dwitherell)

Themes are at the bottom of the post

INSTRUCTIONS (There are 2 different routes):

See bottom of OP for description of T and G
    (example SamsungCamera3v4t.apk

1. Download ES File Explorer
    2. Go to /system/app and delete SamsungCamera3.apk and SamsungCamera3.odex
    3. Copy the SamsungCamera3.apk file over to /system/app
    4. Set permissions to rw-r-r
    5. (Version 3 or higher) Copy the media_profiles.xml file to /system/etc/
    6. Set permissions to rw-r-r
    7. Reboot
    8. Enjoy

Note: If the icon doesn't look like this on reboot there is something wrong
    Screenshot_2014-11-10-14-50-062.png

OR

Just download the Flashable Zip and flash through recovery and reboot

DOWNLOAD

Version 1
    October 25th 2014 - Turned JPEG quality up to 100% from 96% (Verified)

V2 Changlog. (In testing process)
    October 25th 2014 - Changed DUAL FHD max record time from 5 minutes to 10 minutes (Tested up to 20 min - Needs more verifications)
    October 25th 2014 - Changed DUAL HD max record time from 10 minutes to 30 minutes (Needs Verification)
    October 25th 2014 - Changed UHD max record time from 5 minutes to 30 minutes (Appears to stop at 5 Min)
    October 25th 2014 - Changed SMOOTH MOTION max record time from 10 minutes to 30 minutes (Needs Verification)

V3 Changlog. (Thanks to Killa12222)
    October 25th 2014 - Changed FHD from 17mbit to 20mbit (Verified)
    October 25th 2014 - Changed SMOOTH MOTION from 28mbit to 40mbit (Verified)
    October 25th 2014 - Changed UHD from 24mbit to 65mbit (Verified)

V4 Changlog.
    October 31st 2014 - Themed the camera with transparency set at 30% to make buttons less obvious (v4t).
    October 31st 2014 - Themed the camera with a greenish tint and all new icons (v4g - thanks to Kevinoliva113).

V5 Changlog.
    November 1st 2014 - Changed FHD from 20mbit to 40mbit (Verified)
    November 1st 2014 - Set UHD/WQHD to max record limit of 20 minutes (Verified)

V6 Changlog.
    Added the smooth motion default mod from louforgiveno

V7 Changlog.
    November 4th 2014- Added the mod from Jovy32:
    Disabled Camera/Camcorder "Low Battery", "Can't Use Flash", And "Unable To Start While In A Call" Alerts So Now You Can Use Flash/Camera/Camcorder Even When Your Phone's Battery Is Running Low Or During A Phone Call.

V8 Changlog.
    Created a EXYNOS version (Not tested!)
    Removed 05:00 time from UHD and WQHD recording, will only show up when almost out of space

V9 Changlog.
    Added capability to record during calls(Thanks to dwitherell)
    No audio interruption if listening to music(Thanks to dwitherell)

V9.1 Changlog.
    Removed Smooth Motion being set to default (I'll see how this goes and will determine if I make future versions with it out)

V9.3 Changlog.
    Updated each download with the correct media_profiles.xml files and the correct themes so phones should not go into bootloop on flash.

Themes

Original (any camera without a letter after the version "example v4 not v4t" (not in version 4 currently)
    t2.png

Transparency (any camera that ends in T)
    t1.png

Greenish (any camera that ends in G)
    g2.png
    not very good images for a comparisan shot but one is 96% and the other is 100%. Difference is 15KB (granted not much color in the shot)

WK9CE7A.png

MURIsn2.png
    O.k. where is the download link at for the snapdragon v9.3 at? Thanks In advance!!!

Sent from my SM-N910T using XDA Free mobile app

many thanks for your work my friend :eek: I for one is sad to hear yet another dev walking away from xda, and yes this site is slowly going in the wrong direction :(

I'm not walking away, Im just taking a break and focusing more on what I like instead of being under pressure by people always wanting more and people wanting to accuse me of stealing work. Been doing this for a long time and spending alot of my free time on this and I need to focus more on myself than everyone else. I care to much for everyone else more than myself and that is why I do what I do but after the bulls*t I have had to endure by a single user over the last couple days I see some people like to accuse even when they don't know the whole story and that really makes me not care as much about making others happy. But I will still be around to help out
    Hey guys, this serious need for help is directed at tmobile (n910T and n910T# !) note4 users who successfully were able to utilize these files (OR WHO KNOW HOW TO REVERT TO STOCK CAMERA)

I went through the abovementined steps directed at Slash, since he mentioned the attempt is with with a tmobile note 4 (sm-n910t) and was unsuccessful, i appear to be able to install any version (i tried this with 9.3, then 9, then 3, then back with version 9.3) but when the camera app appears (showing the various icon types) it will always try to open then say "Unfortunately Camera Has Stopped". It was upon this result I would repeat the steps mentioned but with a different "Version" file for the mod, to no avail. I tried the Flashable versions ( I have teamwin recovery installed) but they would always Fail upon the "Flash to Intstall Zip" zip, which resulted in the lack of any camera app at all.

There have been so many updates to the system since I have put this out that I haven't had time to look at this nor change the instructions. All apks used to be under system/apps but now with the newer android versions they are under system/apps/xxxxxx, this still works for some but not for others. If I had some free time I could probably update this to make it work for everyone but dealing with school and some other things I cant atm but I thought that someone used this mod and did some work on it in another forum one time (because i remember them mentioning me) but if I get some free time I will update this, I just need to know if there is really a interest in it anymore.
    I am no longer working on this mod for the time being, I am not going to be called out and ridiculed when in all reality 4.4.4 is not the same as 4.4.2 or ICS. What someone found out 3 years ago does not in its entirety apply to the present day and I even had a admin tell me that. I was accused for taking someone's "idea" on a completely different device back in the day for the spen sounds when in all reality I was the one that built the aroma and the install script for installing multiple things at once instead of copying over the files. I have been a entity of xda since 2008 and being that I am a combat vet being called out and ridiculed continuous times has driven my anxiety level above its threshold. There is 1 person you can thank for this, if you are interested in finding out who just search in my threads. Once I find out how to make slow mo efficiently 1080p without breaking anything I will be back. For now enjoy what I have put out there and god bless. I will still be around for help though and will still help accordingly.