[ROM][5.1.1][EOL][Lollipop][Official][Nightlies] NamelessROM 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jimmysmart83

Mar 19, 2012
Surat
Hello, I am new here I want to install this rom on my s3 gt-i9300 rooted phone and comming from jellybean 4.3 india.

Anyone guide me how to install and which recovery should I install?

Sent from my C6902 using Tapatalk

rayner123

Dec 21, 2011
BUG

Hi All,

I'm having issues where, overnight the phone just freezes and battery drains to almost <5%. This is happened everyday since flashing APR 01 Nightly. I tried disabling KSM as suggested by someone on this thread...after that the problem had somewhat gone...I'm currently APR 08 Nightly this problem still persists. Secondly, KSM option is disabled in the device control app on the latest nightly. Anyone else facing the same issue?

EDIT: http://imgur.com/qatStDI

Last edited:

Audi22

Oct 2, 2012
Hi All,

I'm having issues where, overnight the phone just freezes and battery drains to almost <5%. This is happened everyday since flashing APR 01 Nightly. I tried disabling KSM as suggested by someone on this thread...after that the problem had somewhat gone...I'm currently APR 08 Nightly this problem still persists. Secondly, KSM option is disabled in the device control app. Anyone else facing the same issue?
I don't faced those issues like you talked. It's might be the installation process where you done it, ore one app. Try an clean install and report it again. I by my self, the KSM is running, I don't got any freezes and the battery lasted prox. 3 day's long.

boyheadkick

Oct 10, 2012
Davao City
I don't faced those issues like you talked. It's might be the installation process where you done it, ore one app. Try an clean install and report it again. I by my self, the KSM is running, I don't got any freezes and the battery lasted prox. 3 day's long.

this might sound noobish, and it probably is, but can you tell me what KSM is?

whatsgood

Aug 19, 2012
this might sound noobish, and it probably is, but can you tell me what KSM is?

"KSM is a kernel thread that runs in the background and compares pages in memory that have been marked MADV_MERGEABLE by user-space. If two pages are found to be the same, the KSM thread merges them back as a single copy-on-write page of memory.

KSM will save memory over time on a running system, gaining memory duplication at a cost of CPU power, which could have an impact on battery life. You should measure whether the power tradeoff is worth the memory savings you get by enabling KSM.

To test KSM, we recommend looking at long running devices (several hours) and seeing whether KSM makes any noticeable improvement on launch times and rendering times."

Source: https://source.android.com/devices/tech/low-ram.html

bexwhitt

Feb 22, 2011
I may be imagining is as I have not being carrying my phone in my coat top pocket as it's been warmer but bluetooth has starting to drop out and disconnect more in the last few updates.

QaisDroid

Dec 31, 2013
Muscat
Hey guys how's it goes..
my S3 is currently on latest CM11 (4.4.4) and it's just great .. but I want to try Nameless ROM (5.0.2) .. do you guys encourage me to go ahead and do it? :)
is everything works fine? any bugs? and can I flash it directly from CWM recovery (6.0.4.3) ?

your replays are appreciated :)

wkwk

Jan 11, 2007
U can flash via cwm recovery mentioned. I did the same thing, I felt its better than CM11, good stability.

Sent from my SHV-E330S using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: QaisDroid

mloc33

Nov 10, 2010
VA
Hey guys how's it goes..
my S3 is currently on latest CM11 (4.4.4) and it's just great .. but I want to try Nameless ROM (5.0.2) .. do you guys encourage me to go ahead and do it? :)
is everything works fine? any bugs? and can I flash it directly from CWM recovery (6.0.4.3) ?

your replays are appreciated :)

For me it is work it good, I've been on a fair few lollipop Roms, my main reason for sticking with this is cause on other lollipop roms, tune in radio and Bluetooth just wouldn't work, on this Rom both work great, so that's my reason for sticking with this rom.

Also other lollipop roms were laggy, this one feels smooth and quiet responsive.

Reactions: QaisDroid

kam19888

Jan 8, 2014
Battery consumption high and camera hangs and freeze while using from lockscreen and sometimes soft key didnt work in apps and i m not using any of social networking apps. Only use whatsapp . Please help me out
Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: rajat6563

boyheadkick

Oct 10, 2012
Davao City
Battery consumption high and camera hangs and freeze while using from lockscreen and sometimes soft key didnt work in apps and i m not using any of social networking apps. Only use whatsapp . Please help me out
Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

first of all, did you do a clean install?
second, are you using stock or custom kernel?

Reactions: rajat6563
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What is NamelessROM?

NamelessROM Gerrit Review

What is NamelessROM ?
    Simple - NamelessROM is opportunity.
    An opportunity to have a voice to the development team of the after-market firmware that you run on your device.

The main goal of NamelessROM is to provide quality development for android devices, phones and tablets alike.
    NamelessROM developers are available nearly 24/7 and respond to bug reports and feature requests almost instantly.
    This availability will allow you, the end-user, to have direct input into exactly what features and functions are included on the firmware that YOU run.

NamelessROM maintains features and functions of several well-known open-source, AOSP-based ROMs, as well as many features of our own.
    Visit our website for more detailed information.

NamelessROM = endless possibilities. Unless you have an iPhone, then you're out of luck.

ANNOUNCEMENT: We are looking for Device Maintainers to expand our support, please visit our IRC channel or PM @Evisceration, or @dhiru1602 for information.

Disclaimer
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
    */

Got a bug report? Want to request a feature? Need extended support?

Installation Instructions

FROM OTHER ROMS
    Factory Reset/Wipe Data
    Format System
    Format Dalvik Cache
    Install ROM
    Install Gapps
    Reboot
    Profit

UPDATE FROM NamelessROM TO NEWER RELEASE
    Just download the zip and flash it. You will NOT need to wipe anything.
    Optionally you can also use our own OTA Updater

Contributions and Credit

• Android/Google/AOSP
    • AOKP
    • AOSPA
    • CyanogenMod
    • OmniROM
    • SlimROMs
    • ALL OF OUR AWESOME TESTERS

Downloads
    Guys, I have a good news to share. Apparently the N7100 kernel rebase proved to be good and I have some change of plans with the HWC. Initial tests were very promising and it is the first time in years that my S3 was able to match the performance of my Nexus 4.

It has been a known fact that the HWC on our device was doing nothing and it was a mere placebo. However, that is not the case now. We have managed to get full functionality out of HWC and here are few examples.

attachment.php

In the above example, you can notice that the Wallpaper is being composed by the HWC. The Original size of the wallpaper is 1600x1256, which is quite oversized for our device, but the HWC takes care of the resizing to match the screen size. This makes the wallpaper looks much more neat and the overall performance of the launcher is greatly improved.

attachment.php

In the above image, you can see that the video playback is performed using HWC. It's a Full HD video which is resized using the HWC to match the screen size. The SurfaceView that displays the video content is being composed by the HWC instead of using GLES as it was the case before. Using HWC to compose video content improves battery life during video streaming and playback.

The performance has greatly improved especially during scrolling in certain places. There are few bugs which which prevent proper functioning of the device especially at times when the screen decides to go completely blank, which we are currently looking into. I would like to thank @tdcfpp for his outstanding work when it comes to ARM disassembly and his work with the Opensource Gralloc. Without his contributions, things wouldn't have moved forward. I am glad that he had not given up on his S3 and decided to buy another S3 even when his device broke . :good:

I am currently on a long awaited vacation and I cannot work on anything until the end of next week. However, I have pushed all of the sources regardless of the change in plans with HWC. I will consider having a new development branch with includes a rebased kernel along with few changes for the HWC and I will merge the changes to the mainstream when things are in good shape.

Long live S3! :D
    Hello everyone,

Things are going great so far. Expect a brand new release later today.
    This is not really a bug.
    But @dhiru1602, what about the SU binaries? I can't seem to find them, because I get these annoying Cell Broadcasts and I want to disable them using the terminal emulator. But it says, "su: not found"

The link is in the OP. You just need to flash it.

They will be merged when the source is available.

I have fixed mobile data. The fix will be in the next build along with GPS fix and few fixes to prevent reboots.