Search This thread

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
My firmware is 1.32.401.6. Is it the one when the cpus and power are not caped? Or not ?

First antutu test : 57000 36 °c
After 7 tests. : 47000 52 °c

HTC m8 s on + insertcoin

this looks like the pre capped software, if it was up to me i would keep it and enjoy as s810 at its full :) but yea you probably dont want to damage your phone

---------- Post added at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

Why? We'll because if they brought duo camera to the 9+ using the exact same main sensor as the 9 then that's a shame... I'd love the 9 to have the duo still.

Yes the 9 camera is good, not debating that at all. Nor am I debating the 9+ will stink with that SoC it has on top of its battery and screen they went with.

Post was geared at solely the item of the duo camera being there with a 20mp sensor and the regular m9 not having that luxury. Seems slighted by HTC to do that but oh well...

well the day the M8 was released and i saw the duo sensor was imperfectly implemented, ie even with another sensor they still had a bad mask, i considered it a gimmick and didnt care much about it, in fact i always considered it to be a dent in the overall flawless M8 image

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 AM ----------

Btw Hamdir, what are your preferred settings for the moment? These were taken with large 16:9, saturation +0.5 and sharpness -1, everything else stock and ISO capped att 400 which I imagine doesn't matter with this much light.

colour always +0.5 (since its too low on default)
contrast +0.5 depending on the situation
sharpness always -1.5 since i have concluded that anything beyond -1.5 is doing damage to the image and sacrificing fine detail (check this if you are interested)
ISO200 mostly but i go to 400 if the shutter is too slow

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 AM ----------

congratulations @sgt. slaughter , I assume you are on elevate with the same nickname? Have fun with your brand new m9 :) lucky you ;)

I just saw the grey m9 in a shop yesterday. It´s beatuiful (much more then the m8, I´d say one lvl with the m7), but it has this plastic look and feel on the back which I don´t really like. It´s still miles ahead of the polycarbonate-feel-s6.

where have you been mate? no comments on the SoC or Camera? :)
few more looks and you will start to appreciate the coating of the back and the fine finish, once you get to hold the chance while its cold it will feel like metal luxury, also the sides which look horrible in photos are actually incredibly slim, its one of the reasons i love the build but the front is preplexing for me, i know its not metal, it looks like metal so i still wish it was metal ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: sgt. slaughter

vtotheinay

Aug 5, 2010
Torrance, CA
a bit off topic, but is there any chance anyone in here can hook me up with an HTC elevate invite? been trying to get in for a while with no luck. they told me on twitter anyone thats a member can get me an invite though. apologies if this is not acceptable and feel free to delete mods. If someone can help though, please PM me. I have been an HTC user for years and havent permanently used any smartphone other than an HTC. My M9 is slated to arrive next week as well. Thank you!!

afhum

Dec 16, 2008
I just saw the grey m9 in a shop yesterday. It´s beatuiful (much more then the m8, I´d say one lvl with the m7), but it has this plastic look and feel on the back which I don´t really like. It´s still miles ahead of the polycarbonate-feel-s6.

Plastic look really? The brushed design back not that obvious, is it?

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
Plastic look really? The brushed design back not that obvious, is it?

no it only happens if the device is on the charger or warm, the first feel you get from the M9 is that it feels like plastic but once its cold its metal all over again :) iPhone owners are the ones who appreciating the build/design the most to be honest

by the way, the M9 makes me love using earphones all over a gain, i didnt use any since the M7 happened but man the sound quality is so awesome on the front speakers of the M9 yet it's even better in earphones, any earphones!

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

a bit off topic, but is there any chance anyone in here can hook me up with an HTC elevate invite? been trying to get in for a while with no luck. they told me on twitter anyone thats a member can get me an invite though. apologies if this is not acceptable and feel free to delete mods. If someone can help though, please PM me. I have been an HTC user for years and havent permanently used any smartphone other than an HTC. My M9 is slated to arrive next week as well. Thank you!!

i will get you one once they offer openings

Last edited:

vtotheinay

Aug 5, 2010
Torrance, CA
---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

i will get you one once they offer openings

thank you sir, much appreciated. this was their twitter response when I asked if I had a friend that was an elevate member that could request an invite for me haha

HTC elevate ‏@HTCelevate 14h14 hours ago @vtotheinay Have your friend reach out to us. They know how. :)

to stop from another post off topic, there is a huge sale on xtremeguard for tempered glass screen protectors for the M9. You can also apply the coupon code "SPRING90" to bring the price down to $3 each with free shipping. I believe you have to order 2 to get the deal, so you get 2 TG protectors for $6 shipped. pretty good deal in my opinion. looked up some reviews on their other TG products, specifically for the M8 and reviewers loved em.

http://www.xtremeguard.com/HTC-One-M9-Screen-Protectors-p/htc-one-m9-screen-protector.htm

Last edited:
Reactions: HTInOxM8

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
M9 dark HDR experiment

This is a photo i took in a completely dark room with only the aquarium as the light source

the best way to take this shot was by HDR plus zooming and locking focus into the neon inside the aquarium before zooming out and taking the shot (a little tricky, you need to lock before the zoom bar fades away)

this is one of the examples where an iPhone balances things better, anything using auto focus wether auto or HDR blows out the aquarium, meanwhile focusing into the aquarium would reveal its detail and darken the whole scene, auto focus HDR is really bright though and should definitely be a tool to use in darkness, sadly HDR low light is too slow even slower than the One X...

i dont upload failed photos to my Flickr so you can download other attempts/modes for this shot from this package (check HDR-AutoFocus to see how bright it is, the auto ones will show you how dark the scene was)

there is no denying though, low light is more tricky on the M9 but i fully expected that coming from the Ultrapixel, the main challenge is motion blur/EIS trigger, HTC is wrong here, this camera would have been much greater with OIS

thankfully we can always take a good shot when we put the effort, as the viewfinder remains fast and you have controls, a scene like this one would have been a completely useless attempt on the G3

one more test in the darkness

this looked best in HDR, sadly in such darkness it was too slow, so it has some motion blur hidden thanks to downsampling

i was able to achieve much sharper results and no motion blur using manual mode! check my other attmepts in this package (check 2-Manual-200-0.5sec+Levels) but i like this one best as it looks a lot more bright
@Shan89 i tried the M8 zoom trick above but it seems the M9 can do your M7 trick as well :) check below

@hamdir you could also do a 2 years old trick which is in auto mode tap to focus on brightest area and thanks to htc's metering system it will darken the whole seen, if it didn't cap the ISO or even use lower exposure compensation once u are satisfied AE/AF lock then change to hdr and click !
Here's an example, first one is normal hdr mode , second one is the trick above
I think u remember this in HTC one m7 days ! It wasn't the same on m8 but it's back again on m9

sample in post:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=59996213&postcount=490

Last edited:
Reactions: Shan89

Shan89

Oct 23, 2012
That's great news cuz m8 trick sux ( I'm not using zoom then lock then unzoom ) sounds like to much work for me.

Dunno if ppl know for this one, this is what I've been using when in need of hdr.

Hdr mode, point phone at the sky find brightest possible spot ( not the sun ) lock focus in there so it looks good, point down, screen will look dark, take a shot and voila you see magic happening :)

Reactions: HTInOxM8

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
Just watched the video. Hmm. Do you guys agree that it's the Toshiba sensor being the problem rather than software? What's your comment on this @hamdir? Also, if you see from this video, would you go for gold on silver or gunmetal grey?

its the software and lack of OIS in low light, its killer in daylight and i have proved it, the sensor can give you ISO50 to 200 in average light and above, in low light it can even work in ISO400 something the IMX can never do the problem is EIS kicks when there is motion blur, the lack of OIS is a problem in low light, in daylight its stupid users and bad HTC defaults

its funny non one complained about smudging last year, when every camera except UP suffered form it

there are some photos in my Album here that even UP can never do:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/56930129@N03/sets/72157651646612476/

Last edited:
Reactions: afhum

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
Hi @hamdir,

Can you please tell me where I can find your camera tips?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using XDA Free mobile app

here they are

My Camera collective
- HTC One M9 Low Light - Camera Caps: It does great in low light
- Photo samples with recommended M9 Camera tweaks
- HTC One M9 Camera Powers - Part I
- My HTC One M9 Collection on Flickr
- Further assessment of the sharpness algorithm and conclusions

you can also find anything you missed in my M9 collective in signature

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
MKBHD's review of M9 is out

EDIT:

Congrats Sergeant for your M9 ;)

congratulations @sgt. slaughter , I assume you are on elevate with the same nickname? Have fun with your brand new m9 :) lucky you ;)

Thanks!

Yeah that's me over there... Never win anything so this is pretty sweet. :)

Had the M9 for awhile here and love it.

shox22

May 12, 2010
where have you been mate? no comments on the SoC or Camera? :)
few more looks and you will start to appreciate the coating of the back and the fine finish, once you get to hold the chance while its cold it will feel like metal luxury, also the sides which look horrible in photos are actually incredibly slim, its one of the reasons i love the build but the front is preplexing for me, i know its not metal, it looks like metal so i still wish it was metal ;)

Tried to follow the thread, but had no time to post... too many exams.

Comments on cam: Pictures look mostly good in well lit situations (- the stupid grainy sky, I hate that!), but as darker it gets, the more "oil-paint-looking" it gets. OIS is needed on 1.2qm pixel size (also for video recording, looks horrible on the m9). Hope they reduce the amount of pixels and add OIS for the m10. (12-16mp seems ok for me.)
Comments on soc:
GPU: It´s very fast, but I´d prefer a non throttling unit. If you skip the first 10/20min of gaming, you could take the m8 and get similar results.
CPU: Nice to have a "monster" A57 cluster, but what for, if it´s only used for seconds (or even less). Seems like the a57 cluster is just too power hungry to be used more.
Performance in normal day to day usage: I can only judge from videos, but it looks exactly as fast as the m8, so no real improvements.
Final soc words: Looking forward to samsung and qualcomms custom socs.

Build quality:
The front is definitly plastic, not hard to judge. But other then that: Looked perfect, no imperfections.

My dad may upgrade to the m9, so I´d get some time to play with it. I think I´ll skip the m9 and go for the m10. Not a worthy upgrade for me. Not because it´s bad, but I just don´t need it atm.

vegetaleb

this is directed at our new sad man, in case the modes delete it in the other thread, know that just because you allow yourself to chase my objective / useful experiments and write "fanboy" all over the place, it does not make you informed or right, in fact you couldn't be any further from the truth

enough man, go try the Z3 at full 1:1 and come back to me, better yet why don't you try the G3 in low light and see the horrors for yourself, the problem is that you are holding an Ultrapixel camera and nagging about 1:1

its a dense tiny pixel sensor, it can not be better, also the IMX

and here are some low light results form the best camera on Android last year, the Color OS 2.0 app + IMX214 on the Oppo Find 7:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/56930129@N03/sets/72157650906425247/

please tell me what 1:1 detail are you talking about in low light?

here if you are too lazy:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7640/16823492365_956cf52ef9_o.jpg

the fireplace was next to the right of the Phone and i took over 20 photos of this plate, not one them was non motion blurred, do you see the smudge at 1:1?

and here is another for you:

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8737/16635895918_515aa0aae4_o.jpg

over 30 photos on this one alone and yet no hope, its a blur and smudge fest

I had to discard over 80% of my photos form the F7, that form the most widely praised camera app last year and a very good Sony sensor

meanwhile most of my photos in average or good light on the M9 are usable

you simply can not nag about smudging at 1:1 from a 1.1um 20MP senor and low light! you know and we know and everyone knows it does not have the precision, but this is exactly what you wanted, a non ultrapixel camera (in fact i remember clearly you saying that you don't need low light for the rear camera and you would choose daylight, yet you completely ignored my daylight results and Gavin's)

the only sensor you can really compare to is the IMX220 since its 20MP and even bigger 1.2um! so have a look your beloved Z3 and it's senior sensor

https://www.flickr.com/photos/engadget/sets/72157648339786259/

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3955/15346941559_d858dbfbbc_o.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5606/15534404112_38ed7b5d11_o.jpg

incredible 1:1 isn't it????

As I said in the other thread, comparing an HTC 2015 750$ flagship to a 2014 LG and Z3 phone is not the same level, you should compare it with the other premium flagships, even the 2014's iphone 6 and Note 4 have more details in daylight.
Attacking me personally (sadly as usual) will not convince anyone you are right

Reactions: fkloznica

afhum

Dec 16, 2008
@hamdir or anyone with M9. Can you try see how shots taken using stock camera app vs instagram's camera differ? Or any other 3rd party app? Is the problem in the stock camera app only or generally in the 'coding' of the camera which can also affect other apps' camera / camera apps?

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
As I said in the other thread, comparing an HTC 2015 750$ flagship to a 2014 LG and Z3 phone is not the same level, you should compare it with the other premium flagships, even the 2014's iphone 6 and Note 4 have more details in daylight.
Attacking me personally (sadly as usual) will not convince anyone you are right

I am comparing with the only known 20MP sensor there is besides the Toshiba

and no you can not compare with the iPhone which is 1.5um and 8MP, yet it has smudging the M9 images at 8MP will destroy the iPhone, in terms of 1:1 quality

the problem is that you are comparing 1:1 20MP against 1:1 8MP which makes no sense, lock down the M9 image to 8MP and then please tell me if the iPhone still wins, you are not comparing head to head, more over we have all submitted the win to the S6 camera! so there is nothing to convince! you really can't see the endless loop you are dragging us into?

one more time:

THE SGS6 HAS A BETTER CAMERA EVEN WHEN THE M9 IMAGES ARE DOWNSCAMPLED, I AM NOT TRYING TO CONVINCE ANYONE OTHERWISE, EXCEPT THAT ITS NO WHERE NEAR AS HORRIFIC AS THE REVIEWS STATE AND THAT IT CAN STILL TAKE EPIC PHOTOS

please tell me it sticks like this, if it doesn't then you have serious issues my friend

here is a more sane conclusion by someone other than me:

I happen to like the Camera on the M9, no its not on par with Samsung with the S6, but its not as horrific as reviews state.
Comments on cam: Pictures look mostly good in well lit situations (- the stupid grainy sky, I hate that!), but as darker it gets, the more "oil-paint-looking" it gets. OIS is needed on 1.2qm pixel size (also for video recording, looks horrible on the m9). Hope they reduce the amount of pixels and add OIS for the m10. (12-16mp seems ok for me.)

this is the normal sane conclusion after seeing all the samples and tests, instead of running and crying all over the place, s6 s6 s6 s6, get the s6 and get it over with! in fact i am willing to join effort and raise a donation for you to get one

one last thing, i will try to close this argument non the less, the moment i have my hands on the S6 and iPhone 6 i will take distant daylight samples for your viewing pleasure at 1:1 crops, i will compare the M9 using medium 10:7 ie 16MP to the S6 and i will compare the M9 using medium 10:7 10MP to the iPhone 6

Last edited:

vegetaleb

I am comparing with the only known 20MP sensor there is besides the Toshiba

and no you can not compare with the iPhone which is 1.5um and 8MP, yet it has smudging the M9 images at 8MP will destroy the iPhone, in terms of 1:1 quality

the problem is that you are comparing 1:1 20MP against 1:1 8MP which makes no sense, lock down the M9 image to 8MP and then please tell me if the iPhone still wins, you are not comparing head to head, more over we have all submitted the win to the S6 camera! so there is nothing to convince! you really can't see the endless loop you are dragging us into?

one more time:

THE SGS6 HAS A BETTER CAMERA EVEN WHEN THE M9 IMAGES ARE DOWNSCAMPLED, I AM NOT TRYING TO CONVINCE ANYONE OTHERWISE, EXCEPT THAT ITS NO WHERE NEAR AS HORRIFIC AS THE REVIEWS STATE AND THAT IT CAN STILL TAKE EPIC PHOTOS

please tell me it sticks like this, if it doesn't then you have serious issues my friend

here is a more sane conclusion by someone other than me:

this is the normal sane conclusion after seeing all the samples and tests, instead of running and crying all over the place, s6 s6 s6 s6, get the s6 and get it over with! in fact i am willing to join effort and raise a donation for you to get one

one last thing, i will try to close this argument non the less, the moment i have my hands on the S6 and iPhone 6 i will take distant daylight samples for your viewing pleasure at 1:1 crops, i will compare the M9 using medium 10:7 ie 16MP to the S6 and i will compare the M9 using medium 10:7 10MP to the iPhone 6

I don't know why you thought I was talking about you in the other thread in the 1st place.
The more your answer the more it remember me this article http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/21/5307992/inside-the-mind-of-a-fanboy
Specially your reaction ''go and get the S6 but don't talk bad of my precious''

From this article:
Lol brainless samsungfags, if you hate iPhone so much, why do you care to watch it? Lol the android community is so damn annoying. Shut up about the ****4 or note 3, stop hatin on Apple!

Anonymous Fanboy (from YouTube)

Reactions: glen.ricky

Security555

Mar 7, 2008

Plastic look and feel on the back, really??? :eek: Maybe something wrong with my perception. Or maybe you had previously plastic/polycarbonate LG with fake brushed metallic style and you feeling is just association with LG. I feel the back as 100% brushed metal and as the best possible feeling could be. I can't imagine better looking and feeling, we talking about back only ;)

Reactions: afhum

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    update 11/4/2016: the render are extremely close, official HTC 3D renders

HTC 10 / One M10 / Perfume 3D Renders - dual tone metallic colors (original date 16/3/2016)

click for bigger size

Black

Silver

Glacier

original model was provided by temp64GTX and I have corrected it overall, its now accurate from all sides, in the upcoming days ill post more colors and other angles

these are the changes on top of the original turbosquid model:

- front chamfer higher and less thick
    - rear chamfer bigger
    - camera location
    - nav buttons size and location
    - screen size
    - bezel
    - slimmer side
    - added black protective frame around the screen
    - raised 2.5d glass
    - removed the top right hole, its not hole, its a strip
    - added the right tray

corrections are based on my my latest measurements
    here we go, after a week of hell, this finally landed here today (TW 32GB)

photos taken by the M9S:

ChaDaENU0AEKfRF.jpg:large

ChaDXz-U0AAVCnD.jpg:large

ChaERDXUkAEMW6A.jpg:large

ChaEN1pUgAEAGZj.jpg:large

ChaETxCU8AAhAP7.jpg:large

ChaETw6UgAA0Qxm.jpg:large

ChaDZeqUgAAcr_t.jpg:large

my 10 rave fitbag arrives on Tuesday but my trusty old M8 one works as well

I need to express my thanks for @imOJ for all the trouble he went through to help me get this, this guy rocks and i love Dubai!

phenomenal build quality, this must be the first time i've unboxed an HTC flagships with zero QC quirks, despite all the beauty shots and my work on the 3D render it still hit me, the buttons are simply insane like an expensive piece of machinery, the chamfer makes the phone feels so slim and the weight is the same for M8 / M9 carriers, the grey and the black 2.5D glass combo is simple drool inducing, those getting the silver white are making a huge mistake, there are no plastics to be seen and even the plastic patch on top is awesome

the box looks the same as the M9 from the outside but the inside is fancier, soft coated and much better organized, all the included stuff QC 3.0 charger, earbuds and Type-C cable feels much fancier than previous devices, by the time you finish unboxing one conclusion is clear, this is new chapter for HTC

the camera out of box is nothing like we've seen lately so i've skipped testing it and installing 1.30 before i touch it

the screen is on the surface and anyone thinking otherwise is lying to himself, the screen looks pinkish out of box for few reasons: auto brightness and the vivid mode, i have spent half an hour testing various settings, angles and doing comparisons which i will show you tomorrow but for now: I have strong evidence that this a matter of glue, actually its right there in @jmitr photos ;)

once you raise the brightness to full and change your settings the screen will impress, i agree with David Ruddock, Vivid mode sucks! it's almost disgusting so i have switched to sRGB mode which is gorgeous and the temp slider to full cold, never seen such good whites, even with sRGB it's still greatly saturated vs M9, in short with sRGB this is extremely close to the iPhone, the coolest bit? using it at full brightness with auto disabled doesnt warm the screen at all (suggesting that the screen brightness is capped with the real full reserved for the sun)

ghosting...sadly its true, its a regression from the M9 but hey i've spent the year fighting with everyone here who refused to believe that the M9 screen is much better versus the M8 in terms of smoothness feel ie: refresh rate, so if you worship the M8 screen you will have no problem as the 10 is better than the M8 just not as good as the M9 in terms of ghosting

speakers: OMG, just ignore all the non sense you've read, its LOUD, louder than the M9 and the sound is much crisper, its just not dimensional like the M9 but its clearer and louder from every angle, finally music mode makes the difference, it sounds like stereo, the default theatre mode is inferior to the M9, we have yet another incident of reviewers being too lazy to switch a stupid setting

more tomorrow
    I have decided to show you this, my mockup of the M10, because i don't want to give Evan the pleasure of spoiling the M10 for us, like he did with that God awful washed out photo he has released, here is my render of the M10 which i had made earlier but now corrected to measurements after Evan's front reveal, this is made from all the insider information i have of the M10

note: this mockup does not show the hidden thing on the front ;)

you can really understand the codename now, this is the cleanest most symmetrical phone HTC ever made, it contains the essence of HTC but fulfils everything the press has been asking for
    - no logo bar
    - improved screen to body ratio hence its expect to have the same size as M9 with bigger screen, 5.2"
    - AOSP like UX
    - heavy loaded camera hardware

update v2: refined render with corrected rear camera size, fingerprint shape and clearer bezel
    update v3: fractionally wider in order to perfectly fit the M9+ 5.2" screen proportions and every sensor on the front including the speaker was readjusted to match the evleak photo, brighter colors, fixed broken front USB center on v2
    update v4: adjusted fingerprint shape based on evidence of alternate prototype, so it could be either v3 or v4 as two prototypes exist
    update v5: bigger rear camera and flash/IR, antenna's location corrected based on latest leak, FP scanner, speaker, front camera and proximity corrected using the white photo
    update v5a with Sense 8 mock-up: trying to show case how the M10 looks with black wallpaper thanks to Amoled and Sense 8 colors, Desire 825 capacitive buttons plus color tweaks here and there for better looks
    update v6a: added the back chamfer matching the silver leak, hence rear camera combo gets smaller just a bit and the side tapers approach M9
    update v7a: back chamfer is now more solid
    update v8: added real Sense 8 icons

update 4/3/2016: the official M10 render was leaked, comparison with my mock-ups over here

My pre-leak mock-up vs official leaked render by evleaks

HamdiR
    25132872419_f3aee6985a_c.jpg

Evleaks
    CctlCzJXIAAInqV.jpg:large

HTC One M10 - codename Perfume mock up renders

M10/Perfume - mock-up render v8 with Sense 8 mock-up
    25132872419_cdaf8c1164_o_d.png

M10/Perfume - mock-up render v7a with Sense 8 mock-up
    25249159236_5bbb0473e9_o.png

M10/Perfume - mock-up render v7a
    25182266821_0eaa1b0185_o.png

M10/Perfume - mock-up render v6a with Sense 8 mock-up
    25233074966_968a5affba_o_d.png

M10/Perfume - mock-up render v6a
    24632535283_c427d0d514_o_d.png

M10/Perfume - mock-up render v5a with Sense 8 mock-up
    25213771575_831dbf900b_o_d.png

M10/Perfume - mock-up render v5a
    24527887143_da8ccba3b5_o.png

M10/Perfume - mock-up render v5b
    24859062680_408688d900_o.png

M10/Perfume - mock-up render v4
    24935718752_3b7f8de816_o.png

M10/Perfume - mock-up render v3
    25018080936_59874b56ca_o.png

M10/Perfume - mock-up render v2
    24659884049_887fdd1944_o.png

M10/Perfume - mock-up render v1
    24492653859_0616fd0ba6_b.jpg

A9/Aero - official render
    24834045916_60ebf5524c_b.jpg

M9/Hima - official render
    24564812280_225b6c7f48_b.jpg

M10's bezel improvements vs the A9 (sense screenshot from A9)
    24233394313_df7d60fcc4_b.jpg

and this cutout to give you an idea of the back curvature and edges
    24860538315_e5d0e84386_o.png

here we can see the metallic bumper accessory, how v5 was corrected and comparison between A9/M9/M10
    25128441986_4f7c869f6a_c.jpg

25128462286_58ef62d23f_c.jpg

24528353623_3460c7e04d_c.jpg
    HTC 10 / One M10 / Perfume 3D Renders - Black

click for bigger size

original model was provided by temp64GTX and I have corrected it overall, its now accurate from all sides, in the upcoming days ill post more colors and other angles

these are the changes on top of the original turbosquid model:

- front chamfer higher and less thick
    - rear chamfer bigger
    - camera location
    - nav buttons size and location
    - screen size
    - bezel
    - slimmer side
    - added black protective frame around the screen
    - raised 2.5d glass
    - removed the top right hole, its not hole, its a strip
    - added the right tray

corrections are based on my my latest measurements
    Well guys, it's a sad day. For the first time since I started using Android, I won't be buying the HTC flagship. It's sad because I really love HTC phones, and I got my start as a developer on HTC phones. But I think it's time to move on. My sincere thanks to all the HTC community here for supporting my kernels and apps over the years. I hope people aren't let down by me not getting the U12. I'll continue to support my kernels for the 10 and U11.

Why am I not getting the U12? The honest answer is not enough users. I spend several thousand dollars per year on phones, supported by the revenues from my apps. It's pretty much a guarantee that I will lose money on the U12. I'm already really busy with more popular devices, so I can't justify spending another $1100 on a device that will have few users and require a lot of effort to maintain. HTC devices are a huge hassle to support compared to Pixel and OnePlus and even Moto. HTC still sends their kernel sources as a blob with no commit history, and they are routinely several months late in releasing them. Plus there are endless variants and weird HTC-specific quirks to deal with.

Back in the day, HTC was definitely the best. Phones like the One S and m7 really stood above the competition. Looking back, it was the m9 that killed HTC. It was really a dud. The brilliance of the HTC 10 couldn't make up for it and although the U11 was a fine phone, I just never enjoyed it as much as my other current phones, which have really progressed in the last couple years.