[ROM] ViSiON-X N4 US 5.1.1 [N910T3UVU1DOG1v1][N910T-W8][09-02-15]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

AxAtAx

Mar 14, 2011
ViSiON,Texas
Enough

[FONT=&quot]Xda has changed, now there is more complaining than I have ever seen, I spend MANY hours to try and bring some roms to the users here, so people can at least have a choice of different roms to run. I DO NOT HAVE TO DO THIS! People continuously send me emails and PM saying that I need to do more to help them get their rom running, I have tried to help, but these people want a person to hold their hand and walk them thru every damn step. These people that complain have NO reason to be flashing when they do not know even the basics of flashing, I am tired, I am seeing this in many threads. I need to take a break from this, and spend time with my wife. I will still frequent the site, but I will no longer build for ungrateful people. I am truly sorry that some have to suffer for others. Thank you. [/FONT]

Thanks
[FONT=&quot]Rodney[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]AxAtAx[/FONT]

oka1

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 4, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
From the Moderator

THE OP HAS REQUESTED THIS TO BE REOPENED

BE ADVISED ••• DISRESPECTING ANYONE IN XDA Will Not Be Tolerated !

So remember this ... the Devs do this for free and out of their love for developing....

....Being rude and poor mannered...... gets you nothing but maybe...

One less Dev making Roms for your phone

......Keep that in mind when you feel like you have some lame commentary or demand to make.....

PLEASE..... Follow the Rules that the OP outlines...... This is how we keep a thread productive and calm.

.............Be Kind when posting, be helpful ..........

...........THREAD OPENED............

AxAtAx

Mar 14, 2011
ViSiON,Texas
Read Please!

Lets understand first that I am opening MY thread up again, not only for me, but I have a few followers (they know who they are), and understand that I do not care if it’s 5 followers or a 1000, I am going to continue to build MY Vision roms for the people here. READ the instructions, and READ the thread for questions that already have answers, and if you continue with these same old posts, I/We will politely either A: Ignore (you will leave eventually), or B: link you to a thread that will answer your questions. We are not changing here, you new people are, and if you can’t follow these rules, there are MANY other roms threads out there, simply go try them. DO NOT troll this thread. We will help, but we will not SPOON FEED any longer! These things get in the way of the progress of this rom. Enough Said!

force70

Lets understand first that I am opening MY thread up again, not only for me, but I have a few followers (they know who they are), and understand that I do not care if it’s 5 followers or a 1000, I am going to continue to build MY Vision roms for the people here. READ the instructions, and READ the thread for questions that already have answers, and if you continue with these same old posts, I/We will politely either A: Ignore (you will leave eventually), or B: link you to a thread that will answer your questions. We are not changing here, you new people are, and if you can’t follow these rules, there are MANY other roms threads out there, simply go try them. DO NOT troll this thread. We will help, but we will not SPOON FEED any longer! These things get in the way of the progress of this rom. Enough Said!

I personally requested/pestered Ax to re open this as it was very popular with everyone and works perfectly on Canadian devices.

The reasons it was shut down should just never have happened and it was sad to see

That said so it doesnt happen again...DO NOT ask questions with out:

Researching, reading and searching first.This is mandatory before posting a question or issue.

The amount of repeat and therefore redundant questions/comments here was just totally unacceptable. If your too lazy to help yourself do not expect us to do it for you...its not going to happen.

This is not a " how to" thread...if you dont have the basics of doing backups, proper wiping and flashing down...dont post here. Its a development forum not the Q&A forum. PEBCAK is your problem not anyone elses. As above educate yourself as best you can so you dont have typical issues of user error we had been seeing here.

If you've done your due diligence and are genuinely stuck or are having real issues of course ask...things happen and none of us knows everything!

Thanks to everyone for cooperating in advance.

as a gread moderator once said " This is a developers forum not a help site. There are no babies here that need to be spoon fed"

Last edited:

Ken Feinberg

Apr 11, 2015
Awesomeness

I can not believe I am doing this.

I will speak for the people that are grateful, appreciate, and love your hard work. I personally feel that those that speak negatively or being pestimistic or just a bunch of cry babies should be banned. This should be a mature audiance of members that respect the work of developers such as yourself. I will reiterate this again THANK YOU FOR AN AMAZING ROM FOR OUR COMMUNITY:D

force70

I can not believe I am doing this.?

I for one greatly appreciate it sir and will be monitoring this thread VERY closely..if it starts to go where it was...well at least we tried.

as a gread moderator once said " This is a developers forum not a help site. There are no babies here that need to be spoon feed"

AxAtAx

Mar 14, 2011
ViSiON,Texas
I think everyone gets the picture. I will let this thread run on its own. I will check in periodically. This is best for me. And let me add, that the testers will/should pick up the load. Because they are the ones who either say yes, or no to when a rom is posted. Starting now.

Last edited:

force70

Shall we go for round 3?

Oh its on!

Unless i spooked everyone with my post about not being lazy and PEBCAK etc....

I hate to post stuff like that but I think we had all had enough before.

as a gread moderator once said " This is a developers forum not a help site. There are no babies here that need to be spoon fed"

-SpeedofSound-

Jun 16, 2011
Memphis, TN
Well I for one would like to Thank You for opening this thread back up my friend. As soon as I started using your rom I fell in love with it. Soon after the thread closed and I was like noooooooooooo!!!! Lol.
I have been around xda for a bit now and have noticed a big change for the worse in the type of people who are members now. I do not read much in the threads anymore mostly because the majority of posts are repeatedly asked questions, demands and complaining...and it infuriates me just reading them. I guess people do not grasp the concept that the developers on this site do not have to do what they do. They are just kind enough to share what they do with the rest of us.
I learned about rooting, flashing, android programming by watching videos posted on youtube, by xda videos and a bit of self help. Now a days no one want to learn themselves, instead they will ask someone that was just answered and then get pissed when they are not spoon fed. Its the new generation of thinking, or lack of i guess.
Anyways, enough of me ranting. Glad you are back and I very much look forward to your future work. Cheers mate.

"Just say no to spoon feeding!"

sagadgreat

Jun 18, 2010
Agreed!

I will speak for the people that are grateful, appreciate, and love your hard work. I personally feel that those that speak negatively or being pestimistic or just a bunch of cry babies should be banned. This should be a mature audiance of members that respect the work of developers such as yourself. I will reiterate this again THANK YOU FOR AN AMAZING ROM FOR OUR COMMUNITY:D

If you are inexperienced at flashing/working with roms, the best way is to learn on your own. I may not be a major contributor in terms of posting or development, but I have great respect for those that do. Without them, none of this is possible, AND THEY DO THIS IN THEIR OWN FREE TIME SO THAT YOU CAN REAP THE BENEFITS. There is not only a nice search bar up top, but for the basics (I.E. how do I update a build prop?...smh) there is a nice search bar in Google and YouTube as well. Because of what Ax and others have done you now have a total of 3 Lollipop TW roms for a phone that will probably be two to three months out from receiving the official update, and I'm reading G+ forums everyday where people who don't know how to root are up in arms about it while we get to experience it now!

Just for the record, everyone is not meant to root, just like everyone isn't meant to develop. So if you can't figure it out, or don't know someone who can do it for you without pestering the devs, GIVE IT UP AND WAIT FOR THE OFFICIAL! Ax, I'm glad you are opening it back up so that we can continue to have more options for our beloved Note 4 and looking forward to what comes next!

And btw, this isn't meant to be offensive, just stating the facts as I see it from someone who has been reading and researching to resolve his own root issues since the HTC Hero (with various makes and models following it, and even bricked because of it) and respects the craft and dedication that great devs put forth to provide us all the opportunity to push our Androids beyond the limits.

tommason1968

Apr 17, 2011
Going out of the country in emergency... looks like my cousin got in a fatal accident.. ?? 2,000$ plane ticket. So redicules they take advantage of emergency situations. Please people motorcycle are not meant to be on one wheel going 80mph. Please this the second family member ive lost n it almost happened to myself.

Sent from my SM-N910T using XDA Free mobile app

Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my SM-N910T using XDA Free mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GALAXY NOTE 4 - US ROM
    N910T/N910W8
    Stock, Slim, Clean, and Fast! Insane Battery Life
    * By downloading this ROM, You are accepting that CUSTOM ROMS have issues!
    * Any issues that you may experience, report them in the THREAD ONLY! I will NOT answer pm regarding this ROM! Period!

UPDATED 09-02-15

The ViSiON X N4 Team

★ Lead Developer ★
    ÄxAtAx
    ★ Senior Developer ★ Themer ★
    C13v3r0n3
    ★ Senior Developer ★ Themer ★
    chenxiaolong
    ★ Developer ★ Chief Tech Support ★
    force70

★ Disclaimer ★
    By flashing this ROM, your warranty is now voided.
    Do not use ANY part of this ROM without asking my permission!!
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY THING THAT BREAKS YOUR DEVICE!

ViSiON X N4 ANDROID L 5.1.1 ViSXN910T3UVU1DOG1v1 DeODEXED [09-02-15]
    • COMPLETE STOCK LOOK • DEODEX • CLEAN • FAST • INSANE BATTERY LIFE!

IMPORTANT : PLEASE READ THESE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FIRST

• MAKE A COMPLETE NANDROID BACKUP
    • BATTERY MUST BE 80%+ NO EXCEPTIONS
    • COMPLETE WIPE TO INCLUDE DALVIK/CACHE
    • FLASH THE VISION-X 5.1.1 ROM
    CANADIAN / TMO USERS NO NEED TO FLASH KERNEL – JUST BOOT
    • ALL OTHER DEVICES FLASH A WORKING 5.0 KERNEL
    • BOOT ROM – DEODEX VERSION TAKES AT LEAST 5-7 MIN TO BOOT
    • >>> YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED – AGAIN ROM TAKES 5-7 MIN!!!! BE PATIENT, IT WILL BOOT
    • IF ROOT IS BROKEN - FLASH SuperSU from Chainfire here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053
    • AFTER IT BOOTS, SETUP AND UPDATE ALL MARKET APPS -(IMPORTANT)
    • MANUALLY ENTER THE CORRECT APN FOR YOUR DEVICE.
    • ENJOY!

Special thanks to @friedrich420 for his 5.1.1 AELKernel!

WHAT'S INCLUDED

• 5way Reboot Menu
    • Removed the SFinder/QConnect Junk
    • Enabled CALL & MSG BLOCKING
    • Native Call Recording
    • Cleaned Up the Build.prop
    • Added /mnt/externalsd & /mnt/media_rw Write Support
    • The Rom is solid and Fast
    • Stable Rom for Daily Use
    • Very Good Battery Life​

DOG1 DOWNLOAD

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

Q: Do I need to flash a Bootloader and or a Modem?
    A: No, Unless you have data issues and or drops or cannot boot.

Q: I can not connect wifi, what can I do?
    A: Flash a compatible lollipop 5.0 kernel made for your device.

Q: Will flashing this rom trip Knox 0x1?
    A: YES

Q: Does this rom have Wifi-Calling?
    A: YES

COMMON FIXES
    Root Fix
    You need to update supersu via play store then set it to always grant. Grab SELinuxModeChanger from play store and set it to permissive. After that make sure SELinuxModeChanger is set to always grant. Once that's done you can go back and set supersu to prompt.

Set US Region
    Change the following in build.prop:
    ro.product.locale.language = en
    ro.product.locale.region = US

Fix Wifi
    Edit build.prop ro.securestorage.support and ro.securestorage.knox from true to false. If they are already false change to true and then back to false. Reboot.
    In order to get the play store to work properly, I had to change the following lines in build.prop:

ro.product.device = trltetmo
    ro.product.name = trltetmo

I also changed the ro.product.model to SM-N910T, but I doubt it really changed anything. The playstore still recognizes it as SM-N910W8

OLDER RELEASES

Very Special Thanks to:
    ★★★ TheWife★★★
    - For putting up with this craziness!!! Without her, I WOULD NOT BE HERE!!

Thank you all very much! I really appreciate all of the support!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] ViSiON-X N4 US 5.1.1 [N910T3UVU1DOG1v1][N910T-W8][09-02-15], ROM for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    AxAtAx, force70
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: N910T3UVU1DOG1v1
    Stable Release Date: 2015-09-02

Created 2014-12-31
    Last Updated 2015-10-03
    Enough

[FONT=&quot]Xda has changed, now there is more complaining than I have ever seen, I spend MANY hours to try and bring some roms to the users here, so people can at least have a choice of different roms to run. I DO NOT HAVE TO DO THIS! People continuously send me emails and PM saying that I need to do more to help them get their rom running, I have tried to help, but these people want a person to hold their hand and walk them thru every damn step. These people that complain have NO reason to be flashing when they do not know even the basics of flashing, I am tired, I am seeing this in many threads. I need to take a break from this, and spend time with my wife. I will still frequent the site, but I will no longer build for ungrateful people. I am truly sorry that some have to suffer for others. Thank you. [/FONT]

Thanks
    [FONT=&quot]Rodney[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]AxAtAx[/FONT]
    Ok, the rom is built, booting now, 2min so far, I am going to time the boot.:good::good::good::good:

Hey, hit thanks, built rom in 30min, you guys owe me....lol, just messin round.....4min now on boot so far.
    CREDITS

Thanks to gharrington for his 3Minit Battery Mod
    Give up Thanks Here
    Thanks to ktoonsez for the FIRST TMO Lollipop Kernel - THANK YOU SIR! Awesome!
    Give up Thanks Here
    Thanks to _alexndr for his updater-script guide. Thanks my Friend!
    Give up Thanks Here!
    Thanks to gharrington for his 3Minit Quicklaunch Mod
    Give up Thanks Here
    Thanks to dwitherell for his help, he is the Master
    Give up Thanks Here
    Thanks to Wanam for Wanam Xposed module
    Give up Thanks Here
    Thanks to rovo89 for his Xposed Framework
    Give up Thanks Here
    Thanks to mrRobinson The Creator of AdAway
    Give up Thanks Here
    Thanks to tdunham for his recent app guide, Nice Work
    Give up Thanks Here
    Thanks to kimdalanxa For his awesome weather mods
    Give up Thanks Here
    Thanks to JohnMcW for his totally cool Vision/ViSiX boot animations
    Give up Thanks Here
    Thanks to Filchi756 - For his awesome work on the Lollipop Wifi Fix. Great Job
    Give up Thanks Here
    Thanks to tp2215 for his help and his awesome mod guides!
    Give up Thanks Here
    Contributors

huntem
    blacklabel2020
    drmacrofish
    deeznutz1977
    Jayster0966
    mocsab
    brockguffman
    pandacookie
    pro_b
    dragonstalker
    force70
    Tiffany84
    guitar
    intrepid
    Venom0642
    s4freak
    ronnie498
    RonH54
    mrnifty
    Altarocks
    C13v3r0n3
    amynjimmy
    zonly1
    paddycr
    Jose Reyes
    micmars
    Chico260
    str8nitro
    jerrybritt
    Earthdog
    skills2015
    jon3sh
    cyhamada
    tekno4ever
    clinthess
    jutaejrtouch
    Philliman
    Dskelto
    vj03
    moscab
    mmaccon
    PapaMag
    XxSilent.NightmarexX
    Tuduquefic
    ktetreault14
    amichon
    mgbotoe
    ttt3008
    edouble312
    demonchildfp

A Special Thanks Goes To The Following!

dsixda
    djrbliss
    faux123
    ktoonsez
    Chainfire
    SamMobile
    xda
    freeza
    friedrich420
    dwitherell
    echoteam
    dragonstalker
    Tiffany84
    civato
    JoshBeach
    micmars
    TEKHD
    allenjthomsen
    jovy23
    NadMaj
    JohnMcW
    wanam
    rovo89
    Nottach
    Mr.Yanie
    imoseyon
    flar2
    Rastabolino
    AdamOutler
    Misterjunky
    reggie cheeks
    Jetlitheone
    Intrepid
    TWRP
    Dodge
    Nottach
    rovo89
    Rastabolino
    xBeerdrioDx
    reggie cheeks
    MyLifeRocks10
    jrkruse
    kr3g3r
    ronnie498
    RonH54
    Mrnifty
    Altarocks
    scrosler
    sac23
    ::indie::
    wanam
    rejelus22
    clark244
    Unknownforce
    Lantek23
    Jamison904
    AdamOutler
    KingKong
    djrbliss
    task650
    shabbypenquin
    raffaele88
    evil1art
    djintrigue808
    jovy23
    Sloanster
    Didact74
    beanstown106
    serendipityguy
    MaDMaXX
    fgr
    Mrvirginia
    OverKill
    Elesbb
    Eschelon
    md4dodge
    ptmr3,
    Master&Slave™
    Cowboys
    Batteryking
    BatMan
    nitroglycerine33
    teshxx
    sac23
    Beavis
    mike1986
    m3dd0g
    Ozzy
    Tamirda
    janjan
    Faryaab
    CovXX
    Dubbsy
    Highway55
    TheWife
    Treken
    MaVs
    BoBCaTROM
    arshull
    XcoNjA
    samuel2706
    GalaxyS49505
    dub25
    xBeerdroiDx
    GalaxyS3Guy
    THE LEGEND L
    Octane70
    frankinstine
    Alan-B
    jamal2367
    iB4STiD
    shoman94
    kylecore
    upndwn4par
    friedrich420
    teshxx
    nitroglycerine33
    h311sdr0id
    xpocho7x
    mgbotoe
    andybones
    spc_hicks09
    negamann303
    geiti94
    Neme77
    Hazerd
    Gatesjunior
    The ViSiON-X Team
    Venom0642
    daveyannihiation
    VeNuM

Please, if I have missed anyone, please let me know, I will correct it!

The End

Welcome back!!!!!!