[Q&A] [5.0.2] [WIP] [Weekly 6/Nightly] [2015-02-23] CyanogenMod 12 for i9300

Search This thread

bud2love

Mar 10, 2015
Most stable would be pretty much every weekly released so far for 5.0.2 but I would go with latest build released for 5.0.2

For gapps u can use any I would go with minimal and pa gapps and slim gapps are good too! :)

Tks A lot!

But i tried to install the las one (full april) and ****ed up my phone... I tried to install gapps and got error status 40 with pa gapps and error status 7 with slim and minimal.

Everytime i turn on my phone, i only can see a message "some google servçe stop"...

Scorpionea

Dec 13, 2013
You tell me
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Tks A lot!

But i tried to install the las one (full april) and ****ed up my phone... I tried to install gapps and got error status 40 with pa gapps and error status 7 with slim and minimal.

Everytime i turn on my phone, i only can see a message "some google servçe stop"...
U must update your recovery to latest version to avoid status errors or errors while installing gapps ,so have to have up to date recovery like TWRP 2.8.6.1 latest version and your problems will be gone :)

Reactions: bud2love

FadeFx

Mar 22, 2010
Vienna
Tks A lot!

Additinally to updating recovery you are supposed to factory reset your phone, there will be problems of all kind with data from cm11 or stock rom.

tapatalked from lollipopped i9300

bud2love

Mar 10, 2015
Additinally to updating recovery you are supposed to factory reset your phone, there will be problems of all kind with data from cm11 or stock rom.

I had the weekly 7 working fine, than i tried to updated and get problems...

i will backup al data, and i'll format internal sdcard.

And than install again... probably tomorow... no time today :rolleyes

SaggyAfiq

Apr 14, 2015
I had the weekly 7 working fine, than i tried to updated and get problems...

i will backup al data, and i'll format internal sdcard.

And than install again... probably tomorow... no time today :rolleyes

I personally tried all the Weeklies for Cm12 and I'd suggest you to not go for any other Weeklies. Starting from Weekly 8, issues with Selinux appears. Its still there in Weekly 10 and the only way to fix it is by changing it manually. For battery, I'd say starting from Weekly 9, draining is now an issue. So for me, Weekly 7 is the best amongst all the other Weeklies for Cm12. This is just my opinion. A friend of mine also happens to say that Weekly 7 is the best.

FadeFx

Mar 22, 2010
Vienna
Guys, i suggest to update to cm12.1, it is way more advanced than cm12 if you want a even more solid rom id suggest to stay on cm11 for now.

bud2love

Mar 10, 2015
Guys, i suggest to update to cm12.1, it is way more advanced than cm12 if you want a even more solid rom id suggest to stay on cm11 for now.

My fear is, istall, and bug a lot, and then i have to backup everytime to install a new weekly....

About you felling, ins the 12.1. more smoth and more stable??

tks

FadeFx

Mar 22, 2010
Vienna
My fear is, istall, and bug a lot, and then i have to backup everytime to install a new weekly....

About you felling, ins the 12.1. more smoth and more stable??

tks
It is more smooth and has better memory management. But it still has some problems, bfq sheduler has issues and bluetooth has some issues. Also netflix is not working.

vuckovic_stefan

Apr 15, 2015
Niš
weekly 7

Hello, which file from download section corresponds to weekly 7? I googled, on one site i found cm-12-WEEKLY-7-i9300.zip, by Moster, is it ok? File size is 231.5mb. Site is androidfilehost. Thanks in advance for your answers, i was searching this thread but i didnt find link specially for that firmware. I read that that version is most stable. All the best.

update:
Sorry i found link's, on page 1037, my bad, moderator delete this post, or leave for info about link for weekly 7.

Last edited:

bud2love

Mar 10, 2015
Hello, which file from download section corresponds to weekly 7? I googled, on one site i found cm-12-WEEKLY-7-i9300.zip, by Moster, is it ok? File size is 231.5mb. Site is androidfilehost. Thanks in advance for your answers, i was searching this thread but i didnt find link specially for that firmware. I read that that version is most stable. All the best.

update:
Sorry i found link's, on page 1037, my bad, moderator delete this post, or leave for info about link for weekly 7.

Hey
I have the original one. Named:cm-12-WEEKLY-7-i9300.zip with 237.106kb
File data: 07/03/15, so i think is the "cm-12-20150307-UNOFFICIAL-i9300.zip" on xda downlodas.
;)

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

hello all
there is a problem in all the lollipop roms (not just of cm, in all the lollipop roms on all the phones!!!)
in hebrew laungage, that you go to gallery, you cant do someting i dont know how to explain.. just change the laungage to hebrew and see what heppining..
if you cant see it send me a mail to yaakov725@gmail.com and i will show you.. thank you @!

I did, and for me works very well. 5.0.2 weekly 7

Reactions: vuckovic_stefan

back2android

Dec 20, 2014
Ahmedabad
Camera fix

Finally i have flashed Cm12 on my Galaxy S3. Its working fine. The only problem i am facing is with the camera. I tried searching fix on various forums but couldn't see sure shot fix. Please can any one provide me with the link of the camera fix package.

Thanks.

Scorpionea

Dec 13, 2013
You tell me
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Finally i have flashed Cm12 on my Galaxy S3. Its working fine. The only problem i am facing is with the camera. I tried searching fix on various forums but couldn't see sure shot fix. Please can any one provide me with the link of the camera fix package.

Thanks.
Some people have issues with camera and some don't have its releted mostly by different camera module in s3

Here try this fix for camera

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=60338669

back2android

Dec 20, 2014
Ahmedabad

vuckovic_stefan

Apr 15, 2015
Niš
Please, unless u made that stuff yourselfs, better post links to the respective thread, so one can contact or thank the original dev, just in case. Also this would keep the thread more clean.

No problem, i will do that in future, i dont remember where i found those fixes, i just wanted to help. Greets

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hahaha okey, there is any important change over w8?

GPS working again :good:
    Hi @Scorpionea

Thanks for pointing out. As I have been going thru the comments and other threads I jus came across comments where people reported issues with the bluetooth and some dialer and messaging related stuff as well. Pardon me and my ignorance ... I am new to browsing XDA forums.

Primarily I saw the resurrection remix ROM to be more popular than others but because I have been using the 5.0 based rom from @JustArchi I found the other thread http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/development/5-1-x-cyanogenmod-12-1-t3066864 for the CM12.1 based rom and even here also I see some issues reported. Could you help me know which one could be a better choice for a daily driver. I dont have a spare phone too to try and see..

I am sure these questions may be very naive but hoping to hear back from you. Thanks in advance
    Well its really hard for me to give someone good advice on whatever rom,best is to test your self and judge, also make sure u have latest twrp recovery to avoid error issues and status error while installing lollipop roms

Well I would recommend resurrection remix not the latest version but previous 5.4.0 build cuz it has many issues in 5.4.1

Euphoria is good but GPS doesn't work

Bliss is also good but it has its own minor issues,but overall it has most features unlike any other rom so far

I would also recommend tamasek ROM but it's still 5.0.2 and 5.1 is much better,so when 5.1 is released for tamasek definitely try it

Omni 5.1 latest version is also very good but has only basic stuff and almost non any features so far,if u don't like many stuff inside rom this is the one to choose

Unofficial weekly 2 is highly recommended except Bluetooth issue with car stereo,but every ROM listed here has some minor issues here and thwre, nothing ground breaking
    Thanks!! By dirty flash you mean just flashing without wiping
    Actually my dad uses this cell so I just cannot wipe its data I need to retain everything

As i sad you dont need to wipe data! Only system/dalvik cache/cache partition. Everything will still be there. Personally i use TWRP because its easy to use. That means clean install.

When u want to flash dirty, you should only wipe cache and dalvik. Then install weekly and repeat wipe cache and dalvik. Thats it :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

hi everyone!

I want to ask anybody who tested the new weekly 8, is there any problem like what that guy said... like rebooting by itself or something?
    I really want to flash it since the weekly 7 was sort of laggy

please answer
    Thank you for your time

NO PROBLEMS since the first weeklys. This Rom is very stable! Everything works fine and smooth! Try to install pico gapps that might help

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app
    Please, unless u made that stuff yourselfs, better post links to the respective thread, so one can contact or thank the original dev, just in case. Also this would keep the thread more clean.

No problem, i will do that in future, i dont remember where i found those fixes, i just wanted to help. Greets
    When will u give us w7 i am anxious hurry

You just delayed the release by a few hours.