Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1430229669637.jpg
    1430229669637.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 342
  • 1430229677911.jpg
    1430229677911.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 342
I don't know how you guys are doing it, here are some of my recent batt stats, attached

I'm literally half way through my work day and I'm having to charge the stupid thing because it was going to die. In the car, I was getting 20% hit per hour from using Navigation, Google Music, and notifications throughout, but as you can see from today's most recent stat, NONE of those are at the top and NONE of the services listed are very high percentages!

Why is AW so high up? More importantly, why is Bluetooth so high up? My screen is set to Ambient Off, Tilt to Wake, Auto Brightness, and is only 3% of the battery! What am I doing wrong, if I can't get this approved, I will dump this back off at Best Buy with a quickness.......

raundown

Jun 1, 2009
WHen you guys say apps disabled, do you mean by block notifications? Because some of the apps listed above are not possible to uninstall

Reactions: chaco81

noellenchris

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Moderator
May 11, 2007
Marlton, NJ
I don't know how you guys are doing it, here are some of my recent batt stats, attached

I'm literally half way through my work day and I'm having to charge the stupid thing because it was going to die. In the car, I was getting 20% hit per hour from using Navigation, Google Music, and notifications throughout, but as you can see from today's most recent stat, NONE of those are at the top and NONE of the services listed are very high percentages!

Why is AW so high up? More importantly, why is Bluetooth so high up? My screen is set to Ambient Off, Tilt to Wake, Auto Brightness, and is only 3% of the battery! What am I doing wrong, if I can't get this approved, I will dump this back off at Best Buy with a quickness.......

From what I can tell, the watch face you use seems to have a big impact. I use WatchMaker and my own custom face where the second hand is constantly moving. I seem to make it through the day with 50% to spare by 10pm from 5am. The only "trick" I do is, in the morning I reboot my phone and after it's rebooted, I pull both the phone and watch off the charger and go. Someone else suggested that and so far it seems to work for me. Maybe it's placebo, but give it a try.

Like you, I have ambient off and tilt on. I also went into each of the heart rate and fitness apps on the watch and turned off the notification or whatever I could disable on my un rooted 360. Good luck.

Chris

From what I can tell, the watch face you use seems to have a big impact. I use WatchMaker and my own custom face where the second hand is constantly moving. I seem to make it through the day with 50% to spare by 10pm from 5am. The only "trick" I do is, in the morning I reboot my phone and after it's rebooted, I pull both the phone and watch off the charger and go. Someone else suggested that and so far it seems to work for me. Maybe it's placebo, but give it a try.

Like you, I have ambient off and tilt on. I also went into each of the heart rate and fitness apps on the watch and turned off the notification or whatever I could disable on my un rooted 360. Good luck.

Chris

I understand what your saying, my WatchMaker watch face has a smooth second hand too. But you don't see WM on my list of battery stats! Android Wear =/= WatchMaker or the face being used! I've charged it up and disabled a few extra notifications, so we'll see if any of this helps....

Coincidentally, it looks like I'm not the only person with the exact same things on their battery stats and getting terrible battery life - check out this post just two weeks ago

swimminsurfer256

Mar 4, 2011
I understand what your saying, my WatchMaker watch face has a smooth second hand too. But you don't see WM on my list of battery stats! Android Wear =/= WatchMaker or the face being used! I've charged it up and disabled a few extra notifications, so we'll see if any of this helps....

Coincidentally, it looks like I'm not the only person with the exact same things on their battery stats and getting terrible battery life - check out this post just two weeks ago

I have nearly the exact same setup as you, using one of the stock watch faces, and I have some of the exact same behavior with battery that you're seeing. Based on reviews in the Play store I'm assuming this behavior started with a recent version of Connect/Wear. I'm going to revert to an older apk if I can find one and see if it helps..

Badelhas

Aug 12, 2012
Braga
I don't understand what is Google thinking. It seems that lately battery life gets worse with every update. Happened the same when I updated to Lollipop on my HTC One M8 ?

noellenchris

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Moderator
May 11, 2007
Marlton, NJ

I looked at mine and my bluetooth is only using 1% and watch idle is 10% then screen at 3%. Now you need to find out why the BT is using so much. I'm sorry I'm of no help. I will google high BT issues and post here if I find anything..

EDIT: Maybe Re Pairing the watch?
EDIT2: Read somewhere where someone turned on airplane mode on watch and had google maps on phone FC or something like that. Maybe you can turn on airplane mode on watch and see if you can catch any misbehaving apps on phone or watch.....?

Chris

Last edited:

JanNegron

Aug 21, 2013
Carolina
OK, first of all root my phone (can be done) 2. Titanium backup (again no problem) 3. Freeze Google fit (???) There's no Google fit in my phone but thete is in my moto 360… could u please be more specific? Thanks

In fact in my Battery Stats from the watch, Fit is in, but 1% only, if you don't had Fit in your phone, try to block when a notification come. Also block Moto Health, o whatever they call it. hahahaha.

Attachments

• 1430325241064.jpg
    1430325241064.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 438

Powell730

Dec 6, 2010
I have ambient mode off and tilt on. Feel like I should get better battery than this.. I drive all day at work so sometimes my watch comes on when it's not supposed to as I turn the wheel etc.

Sent from my SM-G925V using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1430449081964.jpg
    1430449081964.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 386

Powell730

Dec 6, 2010
Sorry... missed the graph photo for the above post.

Attachments

• 1430453025874.jpg
    1430453025874.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 382
Arent the Mickey watch faces done through Facer or Watchmaker? If it shows in battery stats, it makes me think its an app.

You can buy watch faces directly from Google Play or other app markets, making it an app

How can I turn OFF the Music app from the watch? I've blocked notifications for Google Play Music, but when I get in my car, Music comes on and drains the hell out of the battery, sometimes as much as 20% per hour! I'm sick of charging my watch 2-3 times per day depending on how much I want to use it, so I now have no notifications for Maps to prevent driving directions from appearing on the watch, nothing from Connect or Fit, and a few others that popped up on the list of Android Wear connected apps, making this just a source for me to quickly check email and texts, or not much better than what a nicer automatic watch of mine and my phone could do on it's own..... When looking at the battery stats graph, it always plummets in battery during the times I am driving, going from an nice steady decrease to an all out cliff dive because of running Music, but that doesn't even show up on the list!

I have, like most of you, Bluetooth at the top, then Screen (which some of you have interchanging between the top two), then Android System and Android Wear. Usually AW was at the top, but for a while now, Bluetooth has been at the top. Someone suggested to me to put the watch in airplane mode while in the car? Yeah, for that, I'd get rid of the watch all together, I'm not interested in having a light up watch that tells me the time on my wrist and nothing else, which is basically what I've turned this thing into, more or less....

Google needs to hurry up with the update for this crap before I get rid of this stupid thing!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well it's been off charger since midnight, put on my wrist about 745am. Going to run it to dead today and post results. My GF and I are fighting right now, so she's texting the crap out of me, so we'll see.
    Can you thanks her for being part of your heavy usage moto360 battery test?
    The battery does get better progressively and all tech sites definitely jumped the gun on battery life. It's day 5 for me and this charge cycle is going strong! Took it off at 6:30 am on Saturday, September 13th, and right now it is 2:20 pm on Sunday September 14th and i have 15% left. That's 10 minutes shy of 32 hours with charge still left! Used for numerous text messages via hangouts, fb messenger, and a couple emails. This is definitely waaaay better than what i expected out of a 320 mAh battery!
    The verge said that it last only 12Hrs, less if heavy used.
    WSJ said it has to be charged twice a day.

Root cause of the bad battery life might be the fact that it uses a discontinued TI processor, the fact that Android Wear is having on resources and that it has only 320mah, for reference thr LG G watch has 400mah.

Suddenly I don't want it anymore. My Gear fit last from 3 to 5 days depending on usage.

All of these 12 hour claims are coming from a single source whom I bet botched the testing process by using it non-stop. I mean how are they just now releasing a review of the device on the same day it came out already knowing what the battery life is? Did Moto give one to The Verge to trial for a week so they would have a review ready and waiting that completely contradicts moto's own claims of battery life? Seems to me like some jackass just averaged out the current rate of drain and said "welp, if it uses 10% 1 hour then that means it gets about 10 hours !!"

Cmon, moto promised it would get up to 2 days. My G watch lasts about 20 hours under heavy use and it has a more battery hungry LCD display and the screen is ALWAYS ON. I simply refuse to believe that the 360 gets 12 hours under NORMAL conditions. I dont even think moto would release something like this, and I'm not one of those idiots saying a smartwatch needs to last an entire month without a charge. I think charging every night is acceptable, but it has to last an ENTIRE day, up to 24 hours preferably.

I await the REAL WORLD reviews on this forum, thanks for your input.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

I've found that you can't turn off the wrist lift screen on feature. That causes batt drain. The pedometer is on and can't turn off either.

Can you set it so the screen is always ON? My G watch never turns off, it just dims when not in use. I like this so I can glance at it without having to flick my wrist and rely on the 50% chance it actually wakes up.
    Phil Nickinson (Android Central)
    Shared publicly - Yesterday 5:29 PM

And by the way, I've gone 9 hours so far today and am just now hitting 50 percent. I've heard rumblings about twice-daily charging or something — don't even know the source; I haven't bothered looking — and I'm not yet seeing anything nearly that alarming.

https://plus.google.com/+PhilNickinson/posts/4ded2qpfYDn
    Hmmm... just to point out that for the most part, these reviewers or journalists like theverge site will have been actively using the watch more than most people will in the day as they are reviewing it. I would be very surprised if 12 hours is the max you'll get out of it.

Give it a couple of days to get over actually having it and using it, then you'll start to treat it like just a watch and stop fiddling with it every 5 mins, then you'll probably see battery life improve.

Just speculation... ;)