[i317-i317M][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Search This thread

llamas

Aug 11, 2006
6.48.4.t0lteatt fails to install on my SGH-I317. It identifies my device as a t03g, and then aborts with a message listing the devices it DOES support (one of which is the I317).

The N7100 version does install, but I'm worried about potential differences.

afung01

Jun 22, 2012
I have an i317M, and I cannot fine the t0ltecan file as described. Is it safe to use the t0lteatt version?

Thanks

Reactions: abbas474

fresnogamer

May 14, 2008
Fresno, CA
Awesome. Thank you Zen.

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Phil,

Can you add these links to the OP please? ROMs like DN4 are keeping the GN2 alive and your recovery is great, but the OP links are not...lol!

Thank you.

Reactions: DaftlyPunkish

RamHa

@dssheeley1 THANK YOU!!! I realy dont know what af is going on with all that links??? I mean, not just PhilZ one, but many many, from other devs, other forums, other devices pages, other what ever, but they r almost all gone! I mean, it is rapidly begin in 2017! WTF!?? Cold winter wids blown away all of them, devs and link at other dimension, all together!???? Cheesess!!!!

dssheeley1

Oct 7, 2009
Rock Hill,NY
@dssheeley1 THANK YOU!!! I realy dont know what af is going on with all that links??? I mean, not just PhilZ one, but many many, from other devs, other forums, other devices pages, other what ever, but they r almost all gone! I mean, it is rapidly begin in 2017! WTF!?? Cold winter wids blown away all of them, devs and link at other dimension, all together!???? Cheesess!!!!
Anytime...glad to help.Im one who will hang on to my GN2 till the end.

Reactions: RamHa

RamHa

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Anytime...glad to help.Im one who will hang on to my GN2 till the end.
:highfive:

@dssheeley1 , is there any chance that you might have AGNI DL EXT Card Wrighter app? DH host is full of troyans, viruses, intrusive comm, etc and surely without valid download link, and i couldnt find it anywhere on Net... Thank U anyway man. :fingers-crossed:

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

AGNI KK SD fix is right name of app, sorry and thank U

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
    It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Since many requests to port it to i317/M, here it is finally released

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
    Read the features, and check if you are missing something

I would appreciate a screen shot from your device, mainly under GUI options or custom backup menu where you select partitions
    To take a screen shot, just slide left

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Download links
    Last version can be found here:
    Recovery (.zip) packages instructions
    They come in the form of .zip files that can be flashed in cwm recovery
    • Download philz_touch_xxx.zip file
    • Put the previously downloaded philz_touch_xxx.zip file on your sd card
    • Boot into recovery (volume up+home+power)
    • Select "Install zip" and browser to your downloaded zip file.
    • Now select the philz_touch_xxx.zip fileyou copied in previous step
    • You will have PhilZ Touch Recovery flashed

Odin packages instructions
    They come in the form of .tar.md5 file
    • boot into download mode
    • start odin3 and configure it as in picture below
    • connect phone in download mode to PC via USB
    • press start to flash the tar.md5 package
    • normally, phone should auto-reboot into recovery.
      If it reboots into android and your recovery remains stock, repeat above steps and untick "autoreboot" in odin. Once flash is done, keep pressing power button until it reboots (normally will go to recovery)
    • when in recovery, if you choose option "reboot system now" and you get "yes - disable flash recovery", select that option to avoid stock recovery overwriting cwm

image272j.png

<< Root your phone and reset Yellow Triangle >>
    • Once in recovery, flash the attached Root_SuperSU.x.xx.Only-signed.zip file to root your phone
    • If you want root + busybox: flash Root_SuperSU.x.xx-Busybox.1.20.2-signed.zip file
    • to remove yellow triangle, use TriangleAway
    v5.06.1

5.05.0 --> 5.06.1
    5.06.1 (02.06.2013)
    - HTC One: move to new m7ul device tree

5.06.0 (01.06.2013)
    - support dual modem devices nandroid operations (dual sim, i9505)
    - merge cm-10.1 changes: support version 2 (2048-bit e=65537) keys in recovery
    - Nexus S/4G (crespo/4g): add mmcblk names to recovery.fstab to fix /data mount
    - HTC Desire X (protou): support both protou-ics and protu-jb fstab

5.05.9 (31.05.2013)
    - do not write backup size progress to log file
    - show total time after restore job
    - write backup path to log

5.05.7 (30.05.2013)
    - use bigger 23x41 roboto font for HD devices (i9500, i9505, Nexus 10)
    - do not uselessly statfs partition to refresh backup size progress if we're under NICE_INTERVAL (100ms)
    - show backup compression 0% when backup is tar format and compression is disabled
    - fix get time events during nandroid jobs and touch events
    - universal scroll sensitivity and row height settings (fix hypersensitivity for HD devices)
    - fix backup size progress for datamedia devices (special thanks to pickandwhammy for the time he spent in debugging this and providing logs)
    - merge Get_Folder_Size() changes from twrp 2.5
    - misc logging improvements
    - small bug fixes
    Before asking for support:

• Make sure your issue is recovery related
    • All external sdcard issues: first format in PC with primary partition, tons of people are formatting as logical and come cry
    • Reproduce your issue and while in recovery:
    • Go to Advanced / Report Error
    • Copy the /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery.log and attach it here
    • Give detailed info about your issues
    • Without these, there is little chance I can help you, so, do not get mad if I do not answer

Request a build for a new device:
    • Go to sammobile.com
    • Search for your phone
    • Download the +1Gb last firmware file (ideally unbranded and in any case a European version)
    • Unzip downloaded file
    • Rename the tar.md5 file into .tar
    • Extract from the tar file the boot.img and recovery.img files
    • Post them here with exact file name of the file you downloaded from sammobile (exp: N7100XXDLL7_N7100OXADLL4_XEF.zip)
    • Post a link to your phone specifications, ideally, a comparison between your phone and the n7100
    • If they do not share same hardware, ensure there is a cm10.x source for your phone (Optional if you do not know how to check it)
    • You got a 100% chance for an answer and 90% chance that I release it
    >>True support for /data/media/0 for Android 4.2.2<<
    First to introduce true JB 4.2 migration: live toggle between /data/media and /data/media/0
    This implementation keeps compatibility with stock cwm while giving user option to force /data/media/0
    When migrating from or to JB 4.2, you still need to move folders to/from /data/media/0. No one will do it for you
    - fix early mount of /data for datamedia devices caused by write_recovery_version()
    this could cause errors on some install scripts
    - hide some external menus for devices without external storage
    - fix Setup Free Browse Mode bug for devices without external storage
    - fix Free Browse Mode could not browse up to the root for /data/media devices
    - fix Misc Nandroid Settings menu regression for devices without external storage
    - fix .nandroid_secure selection in custom backup and restore for devices without external storage
    - no more mount internal/external storage when checking for ors script at startup
    - do not report custom recovery logs to ROM Manager
    - export error log on failure during boot installed packages
    - make sure we have all the log posted by users
    - misc bug fixes

4.92.3 (03.04.2013)
    - properly set time for all recovery session: this will now apply to the time stamp of any file modified (logs, backups...)
    - add Daylight Saving Time support

4.91.9 (03.04.2013)
    - merge and fix fb2png source: now built as static binary and compatible with RGBX devices (Nexus 4...)
    special thanks for this to McKael and a huge thumbs up to talustus for his great support
    - silent failure when formatting non existing /sd-ext volume
    - use statfs instead of stat in nandroid operations
    - misc fixes
    - i9100/n7000 zip installer: option to skip flashing superuser using philz_installer.cfg
    - i9100/n7000: disable init binary substitution from older LSJ (aka /data corruption bootloop fix)
    - i9100/n7000: update clockworkmod superuser to 1.0.1.7 (security fix)

4.91.5 (29.03.2013)
    - Support Nexus 4 (mako)
    - fix nandroid backup and restore for devices without /modem, /radio, /preload and /efs
    - fix recovery functions for devices without external sdcard storage

Download
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/zg46ow2j603731w/philz_touch_4.92.8-i317M.zip
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/mpr6rcx2b168ca8/philz_touch_4.92.8-i317M.tar.md5