Search This thread

crazykas

Jun 11, 2011
Japan
Google Pixel 8
Alright, so!

Here's the deal...

My m8 is coming back from repair today and I'm sending it off to a buddy who will use a java card to s=off (since it will be officially LP based and locked). When I get it back, I intend to give it to my wife.

Since I value stability and don't want to have a single complaint about my work from her, I intend to put her on the most stable version of ADRENALINE possible.

Therefore, since 2.4 was a port final and awaiting official Sense 7, I will create an ADRENALINE 1.3 Final (VZW) which will be based off of Android 5.0.1 Sense 6 4.17.605.5 Official :D

Look for it in the Downloads section Next Friday, 5/15/15 at 7:00pm c.s.t.

-Neo

Woww!Really cool Boss!!!Android 5.0.1 Sense 6 4.17.605.5 Official:good:

vman987

Sep 12, 2010
Solid Black color notification drawer

I would prefer the stock grey color. Can you please tell me how to get that back. Apart from this, the rom is awesome :D

chrisosaur

Dec 26, 2012
arizona
Just clean flashed this ROM coming from GPE and upon boot I keep getting a toast message saying process.android.score has stopped working. Any advice?

Verrocio

Apr 28, 2014
I'm sticking with the M8 as well.

I have to kind of agree with many here. I would rather have a utility device than move to the m9.
I think HTC kinda dropped the ball in a sense when they left out some features. Notably the pressure sensor which i use for local weather alerts and other personal things. I was just getting warmed up to the depth sensor camera features as well.
For the time being i don't see any reason to move to the M9 or any other device. I really hope we will atleast see a Adrenaline 2.5 with some small tweakage in the distant future.

ps: using the barometer as a migraine tracker has also proven fruitful

krazie1

Jun 5, 2010
NE0 will all your Amazing themes be coming back for 1.3? :)

EDIT: So a while back I mentioned that with your 1.2 Modpack Battery Percentage was still showing when you uncheced battery percent in Aroma. I figured out (kind of late I know) that systemui.apk in the 1.2 modpack had Battery with Percent Icons inside instead of the Stock Battery Icons. Thought I let you know NE0.

Last edited:

silver04v

Feb 22, 2011
Just have a couple questions. How's xposed working for people on the latest build? IRA been forever since I used it. And never on lollipop. Looking to get rid of icons, like battery saver, etc. Also utilize YouTube adaway and stuff like that. Suggestions?
Also what are some apps I see in the drawer? Like the lollipop memory fix?
Thx in advance.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

schneid

Dec 3, 2007
In the wind
Just have a couple questions. How's xposed working for people on the latest build? IRA been forever since I used it. And never on lollipop. Looking to get rid of icons, like battery saver, etc. Also utilize YouTube adaway and stuff like that. Suggestions?
Thx in advance.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I[m on Alpha 4. Avoid Greenify and Amplify. I think Complete Action Plus is trouble Xsense Toolbox seems okay. Xtended Settings seems okay but avoid the "HTC" Quick settings choice. In XS, I love the four wide QS grid, the themed navbars, and DoNotDisturb back in QS.

Should mention I'm Fluent 7.5 and there is some sense 7 support.

Verrocio

Apr 28, 2014
I[m on Alpha 4. Avoid Greenify and Amplify. I think Complete Action Plus is trouble Xsense Toolbox seems okay. Xtended Settings seems okay but avoid the "HTC" Quick settings choice. In XS, I love the four wide QS grid, the themed navbars, and DoNotDisturb back in QS.

Should mention I'm Fluent 7.5 and there is some sense 7 support.

ok so Question, Why should we avoid greenify and Amplify ?

:rolleyes: I have to be frank, Me and my SO would really love to donate to this rom if even in meager amounts but i don't see the point if its no longer going to get consistent updates.

Neo

Moderator Emeritus / The One - ΠΣΘ
Aug 4, 2011
The Matrix
Hey Neo I was hoping to get your advice since you got the M9. Do you think the M9 is a wiser choice compared to the Samsung Galaxy S6? Maybe because development may be better? I ask because I am using my Edge upgrade early cause my sister busted her M8 so I am getting the M9 and giving her my M8. I would love to hear your thoughts about the 2, sorry I posted this here but didn't see anyone talking about it anywhere in the M8 threads. I just assume get the M9 over the S6 since I know our great dev's are moving to the M9. Thanks buddy.
I couldn't give an unbiased answer to this if I tried :p I have never tested a S6 nor have I checked up on any of it's stats. The m9 is incredibly fast however. It's like a faster m8 with improvements to the camera that you can't really notice tbh. It's my opinion also that the microphone in the m8 is a little better than the one in the m9 or at least, the firmware used to process recordings for playback does a better job on the m8. All in all, I prefer the m9 due to the speed and my wife will benefit greatly by moving from the m7 to m8.

I would prefer the stock grey color. Can you please tell me how to get that back. Apart from this, the rom is awesome :D
If you click on the download link in the OP, you will see a flashable called SystemUI_Stock_Flashable_Sense7. That will get you back the gray stock look instead of the blackout.

I have no boot loop issues, but I did a clean flash with the last update. I did have a missing keyboard issue, it was only one though in nine days.
I have had that from time to time and only noticed in on the Sense 7 port. That is one of the primary reasons why my wife will be on the Sense 6 official of this rom as a keyboard that won't activate unless you reboot is a hassle. It's rare, but it does happen and when it does, it's super annoying.

Irefkashed clean on latest twrp...no mod pack and I am running xposed....boot loops are gone...I guess for me the mod pack was my issue
That's what I had figured :)

Just clean flashed this ROM coming from GPE and upon boot I keep getting a toast message saying process.android.score has stopped working. Any advice?
As part of your clean flash, I suggest you do an advanced wipe and wipe system and data, then after flashing the rom, reboot to bootloader and fastboot flash the boot.img included with the rom zip.

If you still have issues, Then I suggest updating to the latest official firmware if you haven't already done so.

I have to kind of agree with many here. I would rather have a utility device than move to the m9.
I think HTC kinda dropped the ball in a sense when they left out some features. Notably the pressure sensor which i use for local weather alerts and other personal things. I was just getting warmed up to the depth sensor camera features as well.
For the time being i don't see any reason to move to the M9 or any other device. I really hope we will at least see a Adrenaline 2.5 with some small tweakage in the distant future.
ps: using the barometer as a migraine tracker has also proven fruitful
Unless you were unsatisfied with the speed of the phone, then I would suggest moving up to the m9. As I mentioned earlier, the only real benefit I could find to the m9 was the improved speed (and more updates from HTC of course).

NE0 will all your Amazing themes be coming back for 1.3? :)
EDIT: So a while back I mentioned that with your 1.2 Modpack Battery Percentage was still showing when you uncheced battery percent in Aroma. I figured out (kind of late I know) that systemui.apk in the 1.2 modpack had Battery with Percent Icons inside instead of the Stock Battery Icons. Thought I let you know NE0.
Thanks for the tip ;) If I have time, I may fix that.

As to the 33 sense 6 themes... You bet they'll be in there!

Thx in advance.
You gotta watch out for those sense 6 modules still sitting around for download. Many of them will cause havoc to the system (Like Sense 6 toolbox).

Why does "slow charging" pop up when using stock charger or Qualcom fastcharge 2.0 charger? This is very irritating lol.
It shouldn't... Unless you have a port failing on your device or a bad cable/connection. Try testing another cable or using another charging brick (which could go bad too).

:rolleyes: I have to be frank, Me and my SO would really love to donate to this rom if even in meager amounts but i don't see the point if its no longer going to get consistent updates.
That's your prerogative :) Any and all donations made by anyone has always been appreciated. Donations however, are typically given as a thank you for the time and effort spent on the work that you get to enjoy for free! Whether they are received or not, I have never faltered in my efforts to deliver updates to this rom (or any others for other devices in the past) so it shouldn't be viewed as an incentive to keep a developer interested in continuing his work (as many out there are guilty of). I do this for fun, and it is a treasured hobby of mine.
Alas, there comes a time when you move on to another device. The inability to hold the device in hand and flash the rom for testing 20-30 times per day is what typically ends development for me.
That being said however, I have already informed everyone that once an official Sense 7 base had been made from Verizon, I would rebase for a 2.5 release, despite no longer carrying the device.
Again, I appreciate the thought of a donation, but please don't view it as insurance for continued support and updates :good:

-Neo

whaevr

May 25, 2013
I have had that from time to time and only noticed in on the Sense 7 port. That is one of the primary reasons why my wife will be on the Sense 6 official of this rom as a keyboard that won't activate unless you reboot is a hassle. It's rare, but it does happen and when it does, it's super annoying.
-Neo

Wasn't that an Android WebView problem though?

I have an HTC M8 and this was exactly my problem. Thank you so much for pointing this out. My keyboard was crashing half the time I tried to text, and several apps just wouldn’t start. Uninstalling the update to Android We View fixed it.

schneid

Dec 3, 2007
In the wind
ok so Question, Why should we avoid greenify and Amplify ?

Have had lock ups and been okay since I got rid of the ones mentioned. Got to the Xposed Lollipop forum and read apps that work, don't, and attack. But by all means use them. Just have a good Nandroid.

Reactions: Verrocio

Verrocio

Apr 28, 2014
Unless you were unsatisfied with the speed of the phone, then I would suggest moving up to the m9. As I mentioned earlier, the only real benefit I could find to the m9 was the improved speed (and more updates from HTC of course).

That's your prerogative :) Any and all donations made by anyone has always been appreciated. Donations however, are typically given as a thank you for the time and effort spent on the work that you get to enjoy for free! Whether they are received or not, I have never faltered in my efforts to deliver updates to this rom (or any others for other devices in the past) so it shouldn't be viewed as an incentive to keep a developer interested in continuing his work (as many out there are guilty of). I do this for fun, and it is a treasured hobby of mine.
Alas, there comes a time when you move on to another device. The inability to hold the device in hand and flash the rom for testing 20-30 times per day is what typically ends development for me.
That being said however, I have already informed everyone that once an official Sense 7 base had been made from Verizon, I would rebase for a 2.5 release, despite no longer carrying the device.
Again, I appreciate the thought of a donation, but please don't view it as insurance for continued support and updates :good:

-Neo

I don't understand what you mean by unless you were dissatisfied ? Did you mean to say unless i was dissatisfied we should stay on the M8 ? I used a M9 for a bit and really couldn't see any difference in speed at all.
I do agree with you on the hand hold flash 30 times thing from your perspective i guess that could be a major pain. But when we originally purchased the M8 we were looking for the perfect device. I think moving away from updates just because of such a small issue is kinda asinine in a way though. :eek:

Anyway if it was just a question of not having a M8 to do updates on i could see yea. but the constant shift in devices that developers are working on is starting to give us whiplash. I guess thats part of the "fragmentation"? But i just think its dumb and makes me want to go back to i0S.
I hope this doesn't sound mean. :(

Neo

Aug 4, 2011
The Matrix
Are you still looking at a Friday up date?
Definitely by Friday.

It very well could have been. The webview issue resolved once the phone was out of my hands.

I don't understand what you mean by unless you were dissatisfied ? Did you mean to say unless i was dissatisfied we should stay on the M8? I used a M9 for a bit and really couldn't see any difference in speed at all.
I do agree with you on the hand hold flash 30 times thing from your perspective i guess that could be a major pain. But when we originally purchased the M8 we were looking for the perfect device. I think moving away from updates just because of such a small issue is kinda asinine in a way though. :eek:

Anyway if it was just a question of not having a M8 to do updates on i could see yea. but the constant shift in devices that developers are working on is starting to give us whiplash. I guess thats part of the "fragmentation"? But i just think its dumb and makes me want to go back to i0S.
I hope this doesn't sound mean. :(
Yes, unless you are personally dissatisfied with the m8, I see no reason why anyone should jump to the m9. You see Andrea, I was gifted the M8 by a friend which allowed me to come here and do some good work. Just recently, my moderator team came together and purchased the m9 for me :) Normally, I would have chosen to develop for the m9 and continue with the m8 on the side, however my wife is on a slow m7. Granted she honestly would not have noticed that I was now using an entirely different device, I felt very inclined to upgrade her to the m8 from her m7 which gives her grief daily. Just as the two of you were looking for the best phone, so have I for the two of us.
Am I putting the needs of my wife over that of the Android community? Absolutely.
Aside from the final release to the Sense 6 port for the rom, all that would be left is a re-base for the Sense 7 port. I have enjoyed my time here and have made some friends while on the m8 and am thankful for the questions being answered by other members and the calm environment that my threads always maintain for others to come together and chat freely.

Verrocio

Apr 28, 2014
Definitely by Friday.

It very well could have been. The webview issue resolved once the phone was out of my hands.

Yes, unless you are personally dissatisfied with the m8, I see no reason why anyone should jump to the m9. You see Andrea, I was gifted the M8 by a friend which allowed me to come here and do some good work. Just recently, my moderator team came together and purchased the m9 for me :) Normally, I would have chosen to develop for the m9 and continue with the m8 on the side, however my wife is on a slow m7. Granted she honestly would not have noticed that I was now using an entirely different device, I felt very inclined to upgrade her to the m8 from her m7 which gives her grief daily. Just as the two of you were looking for the best phone, so have I for the two of us.
Am I putting the needs of my wife over that of the Android community? Absolutely.
Aside from the final release to the Sense 6 port for the rom, all that would be left is a re-base for the Sense 7 port. I have enjoyed my time here and have made some friends while on the m8 and am thankful for the questions being answered by other members and the calm environment that my threads always maintain for others to come together and chat freely.

Again, i'm really sorry if my comments above sounded mean :( I know so little about developing and android in general. I'm so happy that you are putting your wifes priorities above your own. I'm sure she appreciates it! :) And you definitely did some great work on this rom.
ps: Perhaps its not my place to ask but do you think another developer could pickup where you left off ?

Reactions: Neo

Neo

Aug 4, 2011
The Matrix
Again, i'm really sorry if my comments above sounded mean :( I know so little about developing and android in general. I'm so happy that you are putting your wifes priorities above your own. I'm sure she appreciates it! :) And you definitely did some great work on this rom.
ps: Perhaps its not my place to ask but do you think another developer could pickup where you left off ?
Not mean, just honest. There are many others out there on the m8 who do their own things and have their own roms. They all have a feel for what they think is best for end user performance. Some go for the full bleeding edge approach, others want a feature rich rom, while others want it exploding with social media abilities. My roms center around improved performance with an even more improved battery efficiency over stock, and added user level visual customizations and minor system level tweaks and mods. It's the perfect combination in my opinion :)
As for someone else continuing my rom, I don't see it happening. You are welcome however to flash other similar works such as Andy's Fluent Rom or Scott's Clean Rom.
I'm not gone for good since you guys are still slated to receive official Sense 7 soon. In fact, I believe there is already a carrier variant being released over seas as of yesterday. It's only a matter of time before VZW releases their base.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ADRENALINE.png

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,

* or you getting fired because your alarm app failed. Please do

* some research if you have any concerns about features in this

* ROM prior to flashing it! You alone are choosing to make these

* modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up

* your device, I will turn away and smh...

A note from the Developer:

"Welcome to Adrenaline! This has been a long time coming and a project I've been working on for quite some time now. If you were looking for MAXIMUM SPEED and BATTERY EFFICIENCY, well.. You've come to the right place.

ADRENALINE is a rom injected with Pure Awesome and has great potential.

This rom and it's apps are fully upgraded, and carry only what I feel is necessary in a rom (only 650mb in filesize!). Everything else can be downloaded from the playstore at your choice.

Within the rom, I have included my very own, custom themes (33 in total) available for selection in the HTC Theme Choice Menu (Sense 6).

For you rom devs: I may make flashable themes in the future similar to what is in this rom for you to use in your roms as I enjoy doing the work.

Without further adeau, please preview just a fraction of the features present in this rom prior to flashing:"

Features:

• Lollipop 5.0.1 m9 Port Verizon Base (for now until m8 gets official)
    • Sense 7.0
    • Massively Debloated (The Rom is only 589mb in file size)
    • All Social Media Removed (I like ti clean. However, I offer a flashable)
    • Disabled annoying help pop-ups for first time boots.
    • System level integrated ad-blocker
    • Custom Bookmarks
    • Faster SMS retries on sms fails.
    • Gif animations auto enabled in browser
    • Default HotSpot name changed
    • Annoying Wi-Fi Popup Nag removed
    • Custom Boot and Shutdown Animation
    • ALL Gapps completely up to date
    • Apps that would be found in the playstore have been moved to data apps so as not to clutter the system.
    • Navigation icon is back! Yet still on the latest maps
    • Flashlight
    • Working FM Radio
    • Extreme Power Saver Launcher
    • HTC Backup
    • Beats Enabled (No effect just yet)
    • Custom Wallpapers
    • 32 custom themes and theme color choices
    • Fast and Light rom, built for speed!
    • and many, many more system level tweaks and customizations.

001.png
    002.png
    003.png
    004.png
    005.png
    006.png
    007.png
    008.png
    009.png
    010.png
    011.png
    012.png
    013.png
    014.png
    015.png
    016.png
    017.png
    018.png
    019.png
    020.png
    021.png
    022.png
    023.png
    024.png

Installation Instructions
    I recommend users of this rom to be on the latest firmware and Hboot with an s-off device.

NOTE: You need to be on at least TWRP 2.8.2.1 or above if you intend to flash this rom.

If you are NOT on this recovery and have a rom complaint, I will not address it.

Flashing Procedure is as follows:

1. Compare the md5 sum of your download.

-Windows: MD5 Calculator
    -LINUX: Open Terminal and type: md5sum [path to the rom zip]
    -Mac: Open a terminal and type: md5 [path to the rom zip]

2. Put the Rom on the root of your internal memory (or root of external sd)

3. Reboot to Recovery

4. Scroll down and select "Wipe"

5. Do a "Swipe Wipe" (or a Full advanced Wipe, whichever you prefer)

7. Install Rom Zip

8. Reboot and enjoy!​
    Further questions about the ROM

Please check the FAQ in the second post. (Coming Soon)​
    Note: DO NOT Mirror this Rom, Quote this entire OP, or Use this as a base for your Rom. Thanks.
    md5: 0e5e899c6e7f7270affa564539a5ac99
    Kernel Source:
    • Stock M8 Dev Base

Special Thanks goes out to @lyapota for his awesome mod pack!!

Thanks goes out to ckpv5 of Team Sky Dragon for the solution and shared knowledge to the SystemUI FC issue I was originally having with the m9 port.

Thanks to BuckMarble for his awesome Elite Kernel in my Sense 7 builds.

Thanks to Roland_KR for the firmware bits to make Sense 7 possible on the m8.

Thanks to AndyBones for his assistance also with the port and for troubleshoot and ideas.

Thanks to Dottat for gifting me with this m8 :D

Guys if you like the rom, consider donating! It's always appreciated and will go directly to helping me support my mini me's insatiable desire to consume ice cream!:D
    Alright so someone had the nerve to actually go ahead and post a m9 port (which wasn't supposed to be released publicly).

Now that the cat is out of the bag, I intend to go ahead and do the same with what I have ;) Oooops I guess I forgot to mention I've had a system dump for some time now..

Instead of re-base for Adrenaline 1.3, we are going full on Adrenaline-2.0 (For Verizon folks)... Stay tuned...
    What if I told you that I just can't lay around in bed doing nothing while I wait to get better and that I took my laptop out and fixed a ton of issues in my rom? Fixed the data problem on reboot, fixed APM, fixed the themes issue, fixed Wi-Fi tether with security, added back the normal power saver option and still kept the extended power saver also, and made the rom just a little bit faster and much more battery friendly and stable? What if I secretly intended to release it this Friday after all?

Android is an addiction but not just for you crack flashers out there I'm afraid ;)

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda Forum
    Surgery was successful. I'm at home and about to go to sleep as I'm all drugged up.

Thanks for the well wishes and support :)

Neo

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using xda Forum
    CHANGE LOG

(¯`'•ADRENALINE•'´¯)

*Initial Release
    (¯`'•ADRENALINE-1.1•'´¯)

***A Clean Flash is strongly recommended, but not required***
    *Fixed MMS Hangup issues
    *Tapatalk notifications and other sites being blocked fixed: Ad blocker removed for now.
    *WiFi Status Bar Nag Exterminated
    *Notification Ticker (rolling messages in status bar) with Heads Up notification disabled available for Download in the downloads section below (soon).
    *Data Usage icon fixed
    *Play Services and all other data apps restored back to the system for stability
    *Exchange issues (a few were experiencing) hopefully resolved
    *Constant sim icon issue (a few were experiencing) hopefully resolved
    *Close all recents option now available
    *Neo Themes integration for Dialer, Contacts, WorldClock, Mail, and Weather complete
    *Advanced Power Menu now available
    *Long Press Back to Kill now available
    *Double tap status bar to sleep now available
    *Sweep to sleep now available
    *Battery percentage added into icon
    *Hid Recents Search Bar
    *Right Corner Pull down for Quick Settings
    *Exchange Security Requirements now Disabled
    *Increased Media Volume Steps
    *Big Caller ID Photo Enabled
    *Flashlight App shortcut when long pressing power while in sleep
    *Confirmed Working Ant+
    *Cleaner Bluetooth Audio
    (¯`'•ADRENALINE-1.2•'´¯)

*All WiFi Nags Removed
    *No Sim Card Nag/Bug Removed
    *XPosed Bridge and Installer pre-installed
    *Ap Ops integrated into the rom (Thanks to @andybones)
    *Youtube Adaway module pre-installed (Commercial Free Youtube!) ((must be enabled in XPosed)
    *Screen Shot Delay Remover Module pre-installed (Instant screen shots) ((must be enabled in XPosed)
    *MMS Lockscreen Notification bubble now follows theme color
    *Non-Working Beats option disabled
    *Harmon Kardon Effects pre-installed (requires S=OFF and flashing @santod040 / @Sneakyghost mod for full effect)
    *Ad Blocker re-added (mistake as it's still blocking Tapatalk notifications. Will leave out going forward)
    *Ambient display brightness increased slightly and display time doubled (forgot to delete the last two lines in build.prop to make this work properly)
    *Lyapota Mod pack specific to this rom created (included in downloads folder)
    *Stock Themes Flashable for a pure feel added to the downloads folder.
    (¯`'•ADRENALINE-2.0•'´¯)

*Sense 7 Rebase
    (¯`'•ADRENALINE-2.1•'´¯)

*skittles and broken stuffz
    (¯`'•ADRENALINE-2.2•'´¯)

Fixed native APM (Advanced Power Menu)
    Fixed Themes Crash (Asking for HTC Login)
    Fixed Hotspot Security
    Fixed the no data on reboot (delay)
    Normal Power Saver option added back in
    HK built in and now with working Settings Toggle
    Persistent 3-dot nav bar menu vanquished
    3-Dot menu in Accounts no longer fc’s
    FC with certain play store apps resolved
    EPST and Sim Toolkit re-added
    Power Saver enabled on first boot (battery saving)
    Haptic Feedback in Keyboard disabled on first boot (battery saving)
    Fixed a lot of lag issues/hangups
    Added a memory leak patch for pre 5.1 roms as an Xposed Module
    Updated all Apps, Gapps, and Modules
    Tune2fs added
    Rom debloated further
    System level tweaks to make this faster, and more battery efficient

Untested:
    security smart lock trusted places
    Resolved data issues with GSM smart cards

Broken still:
    Priority notifications other than phone. All priority settings will work with phone calls but not messages for some reason.
    VVM (Visual Voice Mail)

Future plans:
    Forgot to modify the notification drop down to black (oops) next update
    Remove some unnecessary files for a smaller rom
    Other thangz…

OTHER DOWNLOADS
    Restore all Social Networks: DOWNLOAD
    Restore Foreign Languages: DOWNLOAD
    Harmon Kardon Installer and Switcher: LINK TO POST

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
    [Q]: What is the difference between Textra and Google Messenger?
    [A]: A Comprehensive and Thorough User Level Comparison Review of Google's "Messenger" VS Delicious Inc.'s "Textra SMS"

It has also occurred to me that many users don't actually know the difference between the two (other than the fact that Textra comes with a dark skin default which is changeable). So I have taken the time to compare the many different abilities and functions that each app provides in comparison to each other (at user level).
    I hope that you find this informative enough to make a decision in the future as to which you would prefer. So without further delay, I present to you my review.

Now many of you may not care about the messaging app as you've selected Hangouts to be your default SMS receiver. For those of you like myself however that prefer SMS messages to be kept separate from hangouts, this may be of good use to you.

Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-04-53.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-05-07.png

So to the Left we have Messenger and to the Right we have Textra.

Right off the bat you will notice that Textra does a full system theme where your status bar coloring is altered to reflect the theme (as with most of our apps including our Kit Kat stock Message) where as in Messenger it remains untouched.
    You will also notice that the contact icons in Messenger are slightly larger than those appearing in Textra which I personally feel would limit the amount of text being displayed due to the "create a new message" button covering the last recent message. Yet the font is slightly larger in that of the Textra app making it easier to read which is what we care about most in a messaging app.
    Both layouts appear to be nearly identical with exception to color.

Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-05-59.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-06-11.png

Here we have an example where a single message has been long pressed.

In Messenger, the message selected is indicated by a slight discoloration of the field in which the text inhabits along with changing the contact icon to a Blue Checkmark (which only deselects the message if pressed). Notice also the create a new message icon disappears (as it is not needed for this current function).

In Textra, the message selected is indicated by a highlighted check mark that shuffles in from the left of the message (shuffling the message dates to the right off screen). Additionally, the create a new message button in the bottom right corner becomes a grayed out Checkmark which when pressed, changes color and selects every message currently in the chat summary. However, there is no Archive function built into Textra as there is in Messenger which for some of you, very well may be a deal breaker as you may actually use that function (I don't).

The options that appear above in Messenger are that of cancel (go back), Archive, Delete, and options.
    The options that appear above in Textra are that of cancel (go back) Silence notifications, delete, and options.

Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-06-35.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-06-44.png

In the following two images, we see what a multi message selections looks like in both Messenger on the left, and Textra on the right.
    Immediately in Messenger, the options button vanishes and converts into simply silence notifications (as that is apparently the only multi message function it can perform).
    However in Textra, the options to silence, delete, and "options" remain.

Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-07-20.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-07-37.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-08-39.png

I have gone and deselected one of the messages in both Messenger and Textra so that we can compare and explore the options that are presented for a selected message (since it disappears in Messenger if multiple messages are selected). However, I have included the multi selected messages in Textra also so that you can see the options remain unchanged.

To the left, Messenger displays the only options to be Silencing notifications (which for some reason was not available until multi messages were selected) Add contact which adds the person to your contacts if not already, and block or “blacklisting” (which prevents you from receiving their messages).

To the Right, Textra displays Notifications Settings, Bubble Color settings, Delivery Report settings, Signatures, and black listing. Keep in mind also that silencing notifications is already present in the main window as well.

Since we pretty much already know what Notifications off, add contact, and block do, we will go over them through Textra while we explore the additional options it has to offer in the next images to follow.

Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-09-32.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-09-39.png

We now are looking at the notifications settings specifically for the selected messages. What you will notice, is that in Textra you can define message/people specific themes, options, and settings.
    In here you can enable or disable notifications on the main page.

Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-09-53.png

Tap Notifications allow you to select the action to be taken when you tap a message notification from that specific message/person. You can choose to open a floating quick reply window that will disappear after you send a message and resume whatever activity you were currently doing, or you can have it open textra like most stock messaging apps will do.

Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-10-04.png

Floating notifications settings will allow you to decide the duration of the pop up notification for that specific contact (should you decide to have pop up notifications in the previous setting)

Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-10-26.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-10-41.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-10-52.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-10-59.png

Notification Icon Settings allows you to decide what color that selected contact/message should appear in. As you can see, there are 44 different color options to choose from (wow!)

Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-11-13.png

LED Blink Color is an awesome option for phones that support it. You have the ability to specify what color your selected message/contact should appear in when you have received a message from them. While our device doesn't support every color listed, I have taken the liberty of providing you with the huge variety of LED colors that actually do work for our device: Green & Red.

Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-11-25.png

Default Notification sound although "says" Ringtone, actually pulls from your notifications folder (like it's supposed to).

Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-11-34.png

Vibrate Settings allow you to set specific vibration instructions for that particular selected contact/message.

Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-11-45.png

Now, if you've elected to allow vibrations, you can go so far as to even select contact/message specific vibrate patterns!

Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-11-52.png

Wake Up Screen options allow you to decide whether or not a message from that particularly selected individual should wake your phone and turn screen on or not.

Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-12-00.png

Repeat notifications let's you decide how often your phone should harass you for not checking or acknowledging the newly received message per contact/person. Hey if it's mom you may actually want it to keep telling you her message is waiting to be seen

This ends all the options available for Notifications.

Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-12-32.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-12-47.png

Backing out now we select the option to go into Bubble Colors for the specific contact/message. You can decide what color your text bubbles should be in, and what color their text bubbles should be in. Check it out, you have 42 color options

This ends the options available for Bubbles.

Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-13-17.png

Backing out now we select the option for Delivery Reports
    Here you can decide if you want to receive a report for a MMS or SMS message successfully received by the end user's device to which you sent a message to. Very handy for those who claim they never got your message or simply informative to you for those who honestly didn't receive it and perhaps should be called.

This ends the options available for Delivery Reports.

Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-13-52.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-14-09.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-14-33.png

Backing out now we select the option for Signatures to be displayed in your messages to these specifically selected individuals. After having opted to include a message, you can edit and create your own. Note that after confirming your new signature, the signature displayed looks overwritten but a quick back out and back in to the Settings will provide you with visual proof of the correct change. (This is likely a glitch they are probably working out).

This ends the options available for Signatures.

Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-15-56.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-16-07.png

Backing out and selecting the Blacklist option will immediately BlackList (block) those messages selected from ever being received to your device again. Don't worry however, as this can be undone by going to the main settings for the app outside of these message specific options we've explored through this review. Pay no mind to the fact that I just blacklisted my mother-in-law by "accident" :D

Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-18-00.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-18-55.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-18-10.png

Deselecting all the contacts in both Messenger (Hey what was this app for again?) and Textra, we are now able to enter their Primary App Options via the same options button to the top right of both apps.
    Notice that since Messenger has Archive functions, you are able to go into your Archived Messages as seen in the image above. Since I don't have any messages archived, none will appear but if you had used it to Archive them, that is where you would find them. This is the same feature that is present in Google Hangouts where you can archive a conversation for later viewing (and to keep it out of your primary chat summary).

Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-21-32.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-21-12.png

On the main page you will see a search button (magnifying glass). Perhaps you had a conversation with someone a long time ago in your messages about a certain topic but can't remember who it was or when it took place. To easily recall that conversation, you can type in a word or phrase used in the message as indicated in these examples.

A very crucial thing here to note, is that Messenger will only highlight and provide you with the very last time the subject was ever discussed and take you back to that moment in time via clicking on it.
    Textra however, will display a brief message from each and every time that particular subject was discussed and take you to that exact moment in time you were looking for by clicking on the specific search result.

Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-19-47.png

Since it will be extremely brief, due to the minimal activity taking place in this app, we will go ahead and explore the main options taking place in Google's Messenger App first.
    As you can see, aside from having 0 message specific settings, only very little remains for any of the global settings. Whether or not you want notifications for all incoming messages, one specific sound for all, whether or not all vibrate or don't, and your typical MMS settings which appear in every MMS app.

Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-23-10.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-23-18.png

Now in Textra's Main Global Options/Settings, we see all the following choices.
    Many of these you recognize from the per message/contact options/settings we covered earlier. These will be the primary settings to take place globally in no settings are specified per contact/message.
    We will only cover those that were not covered in the individual settings.

Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-23-31.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-18-30.png

Under the "About" option, selecting "What's New?" will give us a detailed change log for all the advancements Textra has made per release.
    Enable Debugging is set for times when Textra provides support to you for an issue related to their app (wow)
    Tell your friends allows you to share the playstore link for this app via a variety of different sharing options.
    Resync Textra does what it says: Basically re-syncs all your messages should you have strayed away experimenting with other apps that intercept messages and wish to return to stability ;) It will re-sync everything for you without changing any of your settings.

This ends the About Options.

Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-23-57.png

Backing back out into Settings you'll notice a support button. Click this and you will have the option to contact the developers directly with any issues you may have that aren't listed in their provided Q&A/FAQ listed below. They also provide a button to tap to link directly to their Feedback Forum (yeah, they have one).

This ends the Support Options.

Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-24-14.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-24-22.png

Backing back out into the main Settings, there is a Customize Look menu. Here you can change the text size of the fonts being viewed as presented in the image above.

Screenshot_2014-11-13-15-27-40.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-24-32.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-24-49.png

You can also change the Dark Mode Settings to "Off", Dark (default) and Black.

Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-25-12.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-25-40.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-26-47.png

In Theme color, you can change the overal theme color of the entire app! You have 40 selectable themes to choose form. Take notice of the checkmark and circle color of each theme you select. It is the color of your secondary colors like menu option font color, check boxes, etc.

Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-28-02.png

Under the Default Notifications Settings, the only difference you'll see that wasn't discussed before is whether or not floating notifications will appear while the phone is both locked and unlocked (or duration of the notifications).
    All the other settings are global and as mentioned before, work for all those who don't have individually set settings.

This ends our exploration of the Settings options.

Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-33-35.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-34-23.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-33-47.png

Now, we go into a message as it appears in Messenger.
    Uh oh, my chat window with my buddy Justin is in Pink and White?? Gee thanks Google.. Apparently, Google thought it would be cute to pre-select random theme colors per conversation in your messages. There is no way to change the color options as they appear in this conversation nor can you change any of your chat bubble colors or font sizes.
    Long pressing a message as indicated in the second picture above yields a couple options. Delete that single post, return to the chat, Forward that post to another contact, or information regarding that post (type, from, to, sent, received).
    There is no multi selection option, there is no swiping side to side for additional options or navigations. However options for the entire message is present without post selection.

Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-34-44.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-35-18.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-13-11-34-53.png

Now in Textra, I'm happy to say that I have assigned this theme to the chat with my buddy and I.
    Pressing on his image pulls up his personal info and gives me the option to call.
    Swiping from left to right in the chat window sends me right back into my main chat summary.
    Swiping from right to left however, will display the exact time and date of every sent and received message regardless of the time interval between as indicated in the 3rd image.
    Long pressing a message gives me the option to multi-select individual posts where I can either trash them, send them all as a new message to someone in my contacts, forward the messages to another contact, copy the text, lock the individual posts, or share in an email Man I love options!

This concludes my review of both Textra VS Messenger.

I hope you have found it enlightening and will have taught you how to operate either app like a pro by the time Lollipop roms surface.

Guess now I should go and un-blackllist my Mother-In-Law :D