Outdated MOFO IMG Computerfreek274_1.6 ,Pon-3V4A,PowerSave_11/7/15

Search This thread

computerfreek274

Oct 9, 2014
Lost
www.computerfreek.com
With Sunshine unlocking droid Turbo Bootloader I will be moving on to making ROM's not just an img. please see my Forum on XDA here and my Website Computerfreek.com Here for more info.

I will continue to do MOFO support for the next month or so as users make the switch.

Computerfreek274_Turbo_lollipop (SU4TL-44)

Also On my website Computerfreek.com Now has updated help and support how to setup stuff like adaway,Boot anamation, Dpi and more. Also I will be posting Pre-Released images there days be for there on XDA. There will also be images some custom images that will not ever be listed on here on XDA for I will not support them. So please check out the site it is still a work in progress but it is getting there. As of right now I did not get custom IMG listed and the newest ver is still 1.6 and it is listed below.

This Firmware upgrade to 5.1 SU4TL-44 from 4.4.4! VIA Mofo.
If you took the OTA 5.1 update you out of luck as you where told not to on here over and over. Go check out sunshine root maybe coming soon for locked 5.1 users.

If this software somehow kills your phone I am not to be held liable.

PLEASE BACKUP YOUR DATA 1st For the best speed and no bugs if you are coming from 4.4.4 for the 1st time I recommend that you backup your photos,music and other data. and when you get to step 3 wipe Data and cache. It is not a must but for me to give you support this is a must.

Thanks to @firstEncounter for his great post and images. Thank you @mattlgroff for his help and everyone who sent me links to the OTA and Full ver.
Thanks to http://motofirmware.center/files/ for hosting stock lollipop IMG's so I an update missing or outdated system files I had.
Big Thanks for PON-3 Audio mod from @mrchezco1995 and his forum is here
Please support better battery stats and give a big thanks over on there forum here. The better battery stats companion app installed in 1.4 will only work with paid ver of bbs from google play.

Thank you guys so much.

Features:
  • Stable! - I don't publish images without exhaustively testing them. If you have any issues to report, reply to this post and either myself or the community will rally to help fix the issue.
  • Much better battery life! - This image focuses on battery savings without compromising performance. Your phone will last much longer while running this system image.
  • Multiple versions - Custom version from DPI dpi higher resolution to Custom fonts
  • Fast! - This image is lean, fast, and enhanced for performance.
  • No bloat! - All bloat that is available on the Play Store has been removed. Extra files (like help videos and help audio files) have also been removed.
  • Optional adblocking! - Adblocking via AdAway that can be toggled on and off.
  • Now with Pon-3 Audio/ V4A - Increase the volume and the quality of audio output from the Droid Turbo by enabling VIPER4Android which comes bundled in this system image.
  • Enabled for XPOSED Updated to newest ver. - This system image has been enabled for the XPOSED framework as well as includes BusyBox.

For better support I have removed old versions on here my focus is to have better support for all of you starting from 1.5+

Please Read! If your not on Kernel Version 3.10.40-perf-g90ddf4a Sept 1st 2015 Please Download and flash all .IMG files in this zip here. To find the kernel build go to settings > About phone. Most of you guys will need to update!

Computerfreek274_TurboPop_1.6 Update. 11/07/2015

Now With Turbo 2 Command Center. Screenshot

Download 1.6 Here

Change Log.
Updated .img files in 1..6 No need to download Img pack when upgrading from KK or to update your kernel,modem,etc... all files are updated 1.6 Zip.
Cleaned up some more junk from system
Updated some apps.
Removed music2 aka google music.
Samsung Sans Font IMg's has the IOS9 emojis.
Turbo 2 Command Center

Download 1.5B Here Updated 10/16/2015 Base on SU4TL-44

Download 1.5 Here 10/5/2015

Custom fonts in 1.4 I will update 1.5 as needed.
1.4 Download Here.

All Files and IMG's files that are needed to install my IMG are Zipped with all my system images from ver 1.3 and up Just download 1.4 or 1.3 and unzip open the help file and do a step by step install.

Please Read 09/12/2015 For Android Pay support and Setup please see Post #3

You can still download 1.3 and 1.3A here.

[/URL].

1.5B Change Log 10/16/2015.

Updated to SU4TL-44
Updated Xposed
Boosted overall audio and mixer profile updated
Fix Pon-3 audio buffer for large audio high bit rate files buffer from 32m to 48m
Few other tweaks also see 1.5 for more info. This has all the tweaks from 1.5 and 1.5 is the best battery and fast running ver to date.

1.5 Change Log 10/5/2015
Removed more junk like maps and stuff as you have updated ones from market.
Added for more Tweaks for faster GPU and CPU and more memory.
In call VOL boosted default was max 3 now max 10.
Better GPS.
Battery Seems much better with memory fixes.

1.4 Change Log 6/12/2015

Android Pay Support Please see post #3 For more info.
Custom Fonts There will be 1.4 img with custom fonts. More to come check one of the last post for more info.
Some Of the changes listed here is from 1.3A
PowerSave Is in all from 1.3A and up.
Removed some more bloat.
SuperSU is the stable ver.
Xposed to newest ver Please uninstall your old xposed.apk be for you flash.
HDR Camera setting is fixed as of 1.3A
Updated some system files.
Tweaked GPS a bit for faster lock.
PON-3 updated
Fixed audio profiles for PON-3 to match are turbo for a more stable PON-3 audio.
Updated Mixer Profiles for better audio.
mixer_paths updated louder audio as we had in my ver of KK. 09/02/2015 I had to make a new one for Lollipop as the old mods did not work.
updated to work better with the turbo Pon-3.
There is now a set of 1.4 Pure/MAX IMG's also for none Verizon users only.

More help and support can be found on my website at Computerfreek.com for full install and updates Or read below.

How to install
See Post number 2. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=61636340&postcount=2.

To setup DPI,Adaway and more.
To install system img via mofo see post 2.

Setup Adaway Install AdAway from Play Store. Run AdAway (don't download hosts files yet) and go to settings - preferences. Check 'allow redirections' and under 'target hosts file' select '/data/host Then go back and hit update host files.

Xposed In Pre-installed and setup just install the mods you like to use.

On Pon-3 V4A Open Pon 3 and check the sound devices you like to enable.

Setting up an custom boot animation place bootanimation.zip under /data/local/moodle/bootanimation.zip for more info or watch this small video on how to. https://www.dropbox.com/s/lom6zduant...rding.mp4?dl=0

For 493 Builds to fix the ambient display being off set you must install xposed MOD app settings found here or download it from inside of xposed. and set moto diplay to 640 DPI. If you need more help check the forums here.

Last edited:

computerfreek274

Oct 9, 2014
Lost
www.computerfreek.com
Flashing from KitKat to Lollipop

This is a nice well written guide by @Purpeltendire Thank you @Purpeltendire Thank you for this great guide.

If you are new or upgrading and need more help I updated help and info on my website also at computerfreek.com

Steps to flash from KitKat to Lollipop - This assumes that you're currently using a rooted KitKat image already, and have used mofo to get root.

BACK UP ANY DATA YOU DO NOT WISH TO LOSE.
YOU ARE ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOST FILES OR DEVICE PROBLEMS.

Make sure you have a good hour or two set aside, at the minimum. It’s probably not a great idea to try this right before work or class.

Install mofo, ADB, and fastboot on your computer if you haven't already. On Windows, I like using this for ADB/fastboot.

Download the image of your choice.

Download 5.1_images.zip. Extract the files, and put them into the same directory as fastboot. Next, boot into your phone's bootloader (turn the phone on by holding power and volume down), and flash each file seperately using fastboot:[/FONT]
Code:
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash radio radio.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot erase ddr

Now open mofo_gui.bat, and flash the system image you downloaded:
Code:
mofo flash Your_imagename_here.img

Once that finishes, you want to try to boot the phone. Select Boot to System from the bootloader and then go grab a snack - chances are, it will sit at the Motorola boot screen for some time. After about five minutes, press and hold power to turn the phone off.

Next, boot into the bootloader again and select Recovery. You will likely get a "Dead Android" screen with "No Command." To bypass this, hold power and tap volume up (if that method does not work after a few tries, hold volume up and press power).

Now that you're in recovery, you're wiping both data (factory reset) and cache. Wipe cache first - this may take a very long time (20-30 minutes), especially if you've never done it before. Wipe data/factory reset second. If you're feeling paranoid, wipe everything again.

From recovery, boot to the bootloader. From bootloader, boot to system. This first boot might take some time as well.

Assuming all went well, you should see a Lollipop setup screen within 10-15 minutes. Congratulations!

Remember that your device is now in “like new and improved” mode. You’ll need to restore your apps and settings from wherever you backed them up to, and you'll still need to get the APKs for Xposed and AdAway. Again, nobody else is responsible for any of your lost data.

[FONT=Arial[/FONT]

For more help see Computerfreek.com

Last edited:

computerfreek274

Oct 9, 2014
Lost
www.computerfreek.com
Android Pay Setup and Support. 9/28/2015

Update The updated android pay from google market is no longer working with root so if you flash back to an rooted img after setting up this one android pay will stop working.

9/30/2015
For Working android play and info please go to this forum I have made an IMG with tweaks and more here with working android pay.

Last edited:

graymonkey44

Nov 12, 2011
New York
just talked with the dev behind moforoot and he said that mofo was patched in android 5.1 but he may look into other ways to get around it.

This was stated in another thread. I don't know if you heard, but I'm holding on that there's still hope. Is there still a possibility to be able to make a rooted image? I'm really hoping that we'll be able to have root with lollipop, but at the same time, I don't want you to put in all this time and effort for nothing.

Sent from my XT1254 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: magilraja

siegesoldier

Aug 22, 2012
Downloading the update NOW.. How do I get a dump and copy of the firmware OFF the turbo? Where is it located.. Using ES File Explorer to access /

I am far from the skill level of any rom creator but every google guide I've found seems to indicate root (even temporary root) is required to do a system dump. Is temporary root possible on the lolipop update? If theres another way, please post a guide @computerfreek274 so one of the people who has updated is able to easily help us out and get the ball rolling.

computerfreek274

Oct 9, 2014
Lost
www.computerfreek.com
I am far from the skill level of any rom creator but every google guide I've found seems to indicate root (even temporary root) is required to do a system dump. Is temporary root possible on the lolipop update? If theres another way, please post a guide @computerfreek274 so one of the people who has updated is able to easily help us out and get the ball rolling.

If you Google it there was a way to do it without root. I do not care if it is a system.img dump like that. If you can just copy the system folder to your sd card i do not think you will need root for that use es file man and send it my way that will be great.

bturkel

Dec 28, 2010
Want to make sure so if you have root via MOFRO then you should wait and not install the OTA and wait for new System Image from the Freek!!!

giaki3003

Jun 19, 2014
If you Google it there was a way to do it without root. I do not care if it is a system.img dump like that. If you can just copy the system folder to your sd card i do not think you will need root for that use es file man and send it my way that will be great.

Pulling /system with adb should be easy and noob-proof.

Sent from my LG-E400 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: -Michael_

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With Sunshine unlocking droid Turbo Bootloader I will be moving on to making ROM's not just an img. please see my Forum on XDA here and my Website Computerfreek.com Here for more info.

I will continue to do MOFO support for the next month or so as users make the switch.

Computerfreek274_Turbo_lollipop (SU4TL-44)

Also On my website Computerfreek.com Now has updated help and support how to setup stuff like adaway,Boot anamation, Dpi and more. Also I will be posting Pre-Released images there days be for there on XDA. There will also be images some custom images that will not ever be listed on here on XDA for I will not support them. So please check out the site it is still a work in progress but it is getting there. As of right now I did not get custom IMG listed and the newest ver is still 1.6 and it is listed below.

This Firmware upgrade to 5.1 SU4TL-44 from 4.4.4! VIA Mofo.
    If you took the OTA 5.1 update you out of luck as you where told not to on here over and over. Go check out sunshine root maybe coming soon for locked 5.1 users.

If this software somehow kills your phone I am not to be held liable.

PLEASE BACKUP YOUR DATA 1st For the best speed and no bugs if you are coming from 4.4.4 for the 1st time I recommend that you backup your photos,music and other data. and when you get to step 3 wipe Data and cache. It is not a must but for me to give you support this is a must.

Thanks to @firstEncounter for his great post and images. Thank you @mattlgroff for his help and everyone who sent me links to the OTA and Full ver.
    Thanks to http://motofirmware.center/files/ for hosting stock lollipop IMG's so I an update missing or outdated system files I had.
    Big Thanks for PON-3 Audio mod from @mrchezco1995 and his forum is here
    Please support better battery stats and give a big thanks over on there forum here. The better battery stats companion app installed in 1.4 will only work with paid ver of bbs from google play.

Thank you guys so much.

Features:
    • Stable! - I don't publish images without exhaustively testing them. If you have any issues to report, reply to this post and either myself or the community will rally to help fix the issue.
    • Much better battery life! - This image focuses on battery savings without compromising performance. Your phone will last much longer while running this system image.
    • Multiple versions - Custom version from DPI dpi higher resolution to Custom fonts
    • Fast! - This image is lean, fast, and enhanced for performance.
    • No bloat! - All bloat that is available on the Play Store has been removed. Extra files (like help videos and help audio files) have also been removed.
    • Optional adblocking! - Adblocking via AdAway that can be toggled on and off.
    • Now with Pon-3 Audio/ V4A - Increase the volume and the quality of audio output from the Droid Turbo by enabling VIPER4Android which comes bundled in this system image.
    • Enabled for XPOSED Updated to newest ver. - This system image has been enabled for the XPOSED framework as well as includes BusyBox.

For better support I have removed old versions on here my focus is to have better support for all of you starting from 1.5+

Please Read! If your not on Kernel Version 3.10.40-perf-g90ddf4a Sept 1st 2015 Please Download and flash all .IMG files in this zip here. To find the kernel build go to settings > About phone. Most of you guys will need to update!

Computerfreek274_TurboPop_1.6 Update. 11/07/2015

Now With Turbo 2 Command Center. Screenshot

Download 1.6 Here

Change Log.
    Updated .img files in 1..6 No need to download Img pack when upgrading from KK or to update your kernel,modem,etc... all files are updated 1.6 Zip.
    Cleaned up some more junk from system
    Updated some apps.
    Removed music2 aka google music.
    Samsung Sans Font IMg's has the IOS9 emojis.
    Turbo 2 Command Center

Download 1.5B Here Updated 10/16/2015 Base on SU4TL-44

Download 1.5 Here 10/5/2015

Custom fonts in 1.4 I will update 1.5 as needed.
    1.4 Download Here.

All Files and IMG's files that are needed to install my IMG are Zipped with all my system images from ver 1.3 and up Just download 1.4 or 1.3 and unzip open the help file and do a step by step install.

Please Read 09/12/2015 For Android Pay support and Setup please see Post #3

You can still download 1.3 and 1.3A here.

[/URL].

1.5B Change Log 10/16/2015.

Updated to SU4TL-44
    Updated Xposed
    Boosted overall audio and mixer profile updated
    Fix Pon-3 audio buffer for large audio high bit rate files buffer from 32m to 48m
    Few other tweaks also see 1.5 for more info. This has all the tweaks from 1.5 and 1.5 is the best battery and fast running ver to date.

1.5 Change Log 10/5/2015
    Removed more junk like maps and stuff as you have updated ones from market.
    Added for more Tweaks for faster GPU and CPU and more memory.
    In call VOL boosted default was max 3 now max 10.
    Better GPS.
    Battery Seems much better with memory fixes.

1.4 Change Log 6/12/2015

Android Pay Support Please see post #3 For more info.
    Custom Fonts There will be 1.4 img with custom fonts. More to come check one of the last post for more info.
    Some Of the changes listed here is from 1.3A
    PowerSave Is in all from 1.3A and up.
    Removed some more bloat.
    SuperSU is the stable ver.
    Xposed to newest ver Please uninstall your old xposed.apk be for you flash.
    HDR Camera setting is fixed as of 1.3A
    Updated some system files.
    Tweaked GPS a bit for faster lock.
    PON-3 updated
    Fixed audio profiles for PON-3 to match are turbo for a more stable PON-3 audio.
    Updated Mixer Profiles for better audio.
    mixer_paths updated louder audio as we had in my ver of KK. 09/02/2015 I had to make a new one for Lollipop as the old mods did not work.
    updated to work better with the turbo Pon-3.
    There is now a set of 1.4 Pure/MAX IMG's also for none Verizon users only.

More help and support can be found on my website at Computerfreek.com for full install and updates Or read below.

How to install
    See Post number 2. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=61636340&postcount=2.

To setup DPI,Adaway and more.
    To install system img via mofo see post 2.

Setup Adaway Install AdAway from Play Store. Run AdAway (don't download hosts files yet) and go to settings - preferences. Check 'allow redirections' and under 'target hosts file' select '/data/host Then go back and hit update host files.

Xposed In Pre-installed and setup just install the mods you like to use.

On Pon-3 V4A Open Pon 3 and check the sound devices you like to enable.

Setting up an custom boot animation place bootanimation.zip under /data/local/moodle/bootanimation.zip for more info or watch this small video on how to. https://www.dropbox.com/s/lom6zduant...rding.mp4?dl=0

For 493 Builds to fix the ambient display being off set you must install xposed MOD app settings found here or download it from inside of xposed. and set moto diplay to 640 DPI. If you need more help check the forums here.
    IS there still a lot of you looking for V4A ?

IS there still a lot of you looking for V4A ? if so please hit thanks on this post so I can get a head count.
    OK so I have been very busy and will be for a few days. But I did get news that there has been a way to flash and root lp.

Just do not upgrade to lp there will be a way to have an rooted custom image soon just do not update ota.

I have seen and got pm's from users that have took the ota update and my reply has been the same with the lack of development for the tubo you are screwed I warned you not to from the start. There is 99.9% chance THAT YOU WILL NEVER HAVE ROOT OR ANY CUSTOM IMAGE.

As soon as Verizon releases the full 5.1 firmware and we makeup an app to flash everything but the boot and bootloader. I will post an rooted image with adblock and v4a and WiFi tether. This all takes time but it will happen. As I told you guys befor there are Verizon trolls on here and if they get wind of how it will be done they can block or make it harder in the full firmware release.

I will be on here this week reading and keeping up to date from time to time. But I am very very busy this week.
    Well guys my big surgery is here today is the day. I hope to be back online here in the next few days. We will see. Please as I am gone for the next few days help each other out. I will try and check in but I maybe loopy and out of it on meds.

Thank you guys.
    V4A Update.

Well I am back on a V4A build.

There will be a few things that will have to be done on your end.
    1st is to Change to permissive mode using SELinux Mode Changer.
    2nd is to Enable developer options -> then go to to developer options then down to media to use awesome player instead of NUplayer. Turn it ON!

This will be the only way you will have V4A working. There is no other way with are setup. I am still working and tweaking but I have it working good. So hope to have you guys a test build this week.

Thanks guys for all your help and support. Felling much better now that I am back to work on this IMG ! I have flashed and wiped data on my phone 3 times today. I do it for you Please do it for me!