I know this has been asked but how do I disable ota updates on my rooted G4?

Search This thread

UktenaWarrior28

Jun 24, 2015
I would like to disable them and get rid of some bloatware that T-Mobile has put on this phone. If y'all can give me a good app and the apks needed get rid of I would be very thankful.

Thanks in advanced

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

grneyez

Sep 3, 2009
You can freeze and uninstall apps with Titanium Backup.. It's a great program to have.

Animatorman

Aug 31, 2008
Did you put the debloated ROM on your phone or the debloater app because they're two different things. Also are you ROOTED because you can't use the debloated ROM unless you're rooted unlocked and custom recovery installed.

UktenaWarrior28

Jun 24, 2015
I have the Debloater T-Mobile rom zip drive. I have flashify and twrp while being rooted and oem unlock.

Animatorman

Aug 31, 2008
Well if you have TWRP installed already then all that's left to do it boot into recovery, make a backup ( in case bad things happen) wipe cache ( TWRP may already do this while flashing ) and then flash the debloated ROM.

gsxcorey

Jan 2, 2012
first time in twrp it asked me something about making the system read only to stop future ota updates? did you guys do that or? I think the button said "read only" so it would make it read only?

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

Also without flashing a new rom can i disable ota updates? There has to be a file or app I can remove?

Reactions: Rydah

UktenaWarrior28

Jun 24, 2015
Well if you have TWRP installed already then all that's left to do it boot into recovery, make a backup ( in case bad things happen) wipe cache ( TWRP may already do this while flashing ) and then flash the debloated ROM.
I did all of that already. But now it's showing no more bloatware besides hotspot and visual voicemail

gsxcorey

Jan 2, 2012
first time in twrp it asked me something about making the system read only to stop future ota updates? did you guys do that or? I think the button said "read only" so it would make it read only?

Animatorman

Aug 31, 2008
I'm vaguely remembering that but I think it's asking it you want to allow an OTA to wipe over TWRP. You probably wouldn't and that because then you'd probably lose root and recovery.

sharpehenry

Oct 2, 2012
Ok, just rooted my T-Mobile g4 (congratulate me yay) do I just freeze "update center" via titanium? Or is there something else I need to do?

Sent from my LG-H811 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It should be unlocked when I choose OEM unkock

"unKOCK" Lol

Sent From My LG G4

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

Also without flashing a new rom can i disable ota updates? There has to be a file or app I can remove?
    Ok, just rooted my T-Mobile g4 (congratulate me yay) do I just freeze "update center" via titanium? Or is there something else I need to do?

Sent from my LG-H811 using XDA Free mobile app
    What I did was use the link provided earlier to download a debloated stock rom. It deleted T-Mobile bloatware and stopped ota from being able to do its thing. I can tell you what I did if you would like to do that?

Ps it keeps WiFi calling and WiFi hotspot.

oh cool, just now downloading the debloated, OTA blocked, Wi-Fi call enabled ROM you mentioned. Thanks.
    Did removing bloats increase battery life by any chance? it would take me few days to calibrate my battery and test it out, I thought it might be easier by asking someone who already done this.
    Thanks again.
    I got around 4-5 hours of on screen with multiple apps running.

Besides flashing the debloated rom, is there a way to just stop my current rooted rom to not update? in twrp I swiped for read only. Am I good?
    Yeah but I wouldn't really just rely on it. There are a couple of files you can find to freeze (if you had titanium backup pro) or uninstall on regular titanium backup. I don't remember the actual files besides unifiedEULA I know that is one of them