[ROM+Kitchen+Info]HTC Diamond2 Clone Models Info+ROMs+KITCHEN NOW UPLOADED [19/01/10]

Search This thread

cmd77

Sep 12, 2008
help please

SO desperate that I've allready posted in couple of forums this - sorry for that.
Hello,
is a bit frustrating with these chinese phones.
Here is my problem: I received a T5353 - the simplest model with no GPS, low RAM, samd (some pictures attached).
After I received, I tought to give it a hard reset to have evrithing clean and to start customize it. I read the manual and there they say that the hard reset is via start/settings/system/clear memory.
I did it/ asked for 1234 pwd and then turned off.
After that, I turned it on, but a lot of time passed and nothing happened - only the HTC logo on it.
What can I do further?
Do you know the hardware buttons combination for this?
Any rom for this and the writing method?
THanx a lot

Attachments

• IMG_0115.jpg
    IMG_0115.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0126.jpg
    IMG_0126.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0127.jpg
    IMG_0127.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 87

cybermaus

Dec 6, 2008
Earth
www.campingtiveden.se
I have just received a 5388++, but had the same with the software clear mem. Entered 1234 and then nothing.

But at the side of the phone, when you take of the back, near the middle of where the stylus sits, there was a very small reset button. And it was a hard-reset, not a soft one. Maybe the same for you?

denhu

Apr 13, 2010
T5358+ Clone

I thought I would buy a HTC TD2 phone (China via ebay) but I got only the T5358+ clone. Now it does not accept my 3 SIM Card (Austria). It works with my daughter's Orange SIM card. Is there any possibility to make the phone working with 3G? The Operating system is showed as Windows Mobile 6.5. Please help me.

cmd77

Sep 12, 2008
so it happened the same for you? you entered 1234 in that menu and the memory cleared?
I pushed that red buton, but it just restarts and stops at the htc logo

cmd77

Sep 12, 2008
succes

Hehehe....... succes - solved via reflashing with sd card with hackerpda method - flash.dio

cybermaus

Dec 6, 2008
Earth
www.campingtiveden.se
so it happened the same for you? you entered 1234 in that menu and the memory cleared?
I pushed that red buton, but it just restarts and stops at the htc logo

Not precisely. I wanted to clear it, but after 1234, the clear program jammed. Next I pressed the hard-reset button, and everything worked. So I did not need to flash it, but I do not know if it would have normally restarted.

Anyway, after the hard-reset, everything on the phone is working nicely. (so far)

fschwenk

Apr 5, 2010
Report with new ROM on T5388++

Hi, after having downloaded the new ROM the Windows Mobile looked actually better than before. However, bluetooth did not work. Then I downloaded the radio ROM as well and everything works now - even the gravity sensor!
So, thanks a gain!

Now, is there a good way to backup the whole state as it is now? I mean including the additional apps that I have installed like MagiCall?

One that I have recognized is the fact that I cannot send an SMS using the second SIM. Is there a way to do that, besides declaring the second SIM to be the primary SIM and then sending teh SMS?

cybermaus

Dec 6, 2008
Earth
www.campingtiveden.se
Ah, we have our test dummy..... err, I mean our courageous test user, for the 5388++

So I think we can be clear which RADIO you tested, thank you for that, and congrats on it actually working. Just for reference though, which ROM did you use, I think there are 3 English mentioned in this thread.

Can you report on the international format +xx (xxx) xxxxxx working? (without Magicall I mean) I received my 5388++, and it is working in that, and in fact, pretty much everything is (so far), so I decided not to try and replace either RADIO or ROM.

Also, what is the actual ROM you have?
Mine (but I do not have that as file) is:
(Start=>Settings=>System=>Device Information

ROM Version : C03.001.01 ENG
ROM Date : 2010-03-15
Radio Version : 2-2-2010 13:50:3
Protocol Version: BASE_W09.20_P4

International format: Working...Sometimes, see edit.
Zoom bar: Working
Wifi: Working
Bluetooth: Working
G-Sensor: Working
SMS send & receive: working on both SIM
Signal strength: Unsure (have not traveled far yet)
GPS: working
GPRS/EDGE: Works on both SIM

Edit: On the backup, I guess you can search the entire forum on WM backup software. Myself, I never bothered, I just keep a list of things to install when I hard-reset my WM devices.

Edit2: On the international dialing: It works, sometimes. It seems to depend on the number and on the carrier. For example, I can dial +31 (xxx) xxxxxx and +32 (xx) xxxxxx without problems (I am in Netherlands +31 myself), but +44 (xxx) xxxxxxx fails.
Also, that +31 (xxx) xxxxxx number? It works on SIM1 (Vodafone-NL) but SIM2 (BEN-NL) wants it in 00-format. If I swap the sims, it is still Vodaphone that works, and ben that wants 00, so it seems to be operator related, not sim-position related.

Last edited:

cybermaus

Dec 6, 2008
Earth
www.campingtiveden.se
A small review of the Sunno S650 T5388++ dual sim, focusing on its dual sim integration with windows mobile. Probably also applicable to its smaller sibling S628 T5388i, but possibly not all all applicable on competitor phone TOPS A1.

The dual sim function is reasonably nicely skinned into the phone. The dialer has 2 dial buttons. The caller history screen has an icon for each call to indicate which SIM was used, and responds well.

Once you go into deeper screens, like contact details, or contact editing, those functions have no more 'sim awareness' so calls go out via sim1. So it is difficult to dial to 'alternate' numbers for a contact with sim2. Using VolDpad you can work around this by selecting alternative numbers with left-right from the main dialer.

The SMS messaging is also skinned, but less nicely. When you first look at the SMS messages, it is dog-slow, but does have icons before each message to indicate the SIM used. After a short while however, these disappear and the message center is fast again. I suspect the skin causes the slowness, at some point crashes, and then it works like the default windows message center again. In any case, it takes a soft-reset to get the icons (and slowness) back.

Other utilities are which SIM to use as default GPRS/EDGE connection, a program to name SIM1 and SIM2, a program to set caller forwarding for each SIM separately and a flight mode program to en/disable SIM1/SIM2/WIFI/BLUE separately.

Also important to note is that when I used a different utility to go into flight mode (SPB Mobile Shell), this 'forgot' to disable sim2. More importantly, when I next try to enable sim1 again, it did not work. It would show the signal strength, but not operate properly. Not even when I used the official clone flight mode to disable/enable again. In the end, I had to soft-reset.

So lesson is: Do not use 3rd party or even Windows default, sim enable/flight mode programs. In fact, I wonder if some reports about unreliable sim connections is due to some program being installed that does this at windows startup. But it could also be that I am just lucky with the ROM version I have.

All in all, so far I am quite happy about the phone. I wanted to both have a double sim phone (I travel internationally frequently) and some core windows mobile utilities on me. I used to have a Touch HD and the clone cannot run a lot of the 'gadgets' and 'eye candy' program of HTC due to different graphics and sensor chips, but it functions it primary roles in a single device.

Oh, and the battery: I've used it medium intensively for 2 days now (like you would any new toy), and the battery is at 50%. Not sure if the last 49% is going to collapse suddenly on me, but with 2 days, it has already matched if not surpassed what I get out of the Touch HD battery.

If you have different experiences, I'd like to hear it, but with the exact ROM/RADIO details (like previous post) included please. And a link to the ROM, if you have it. Unfortunately, I do not have this ROM in a file, sorry.

Last edited:

M_DD

Nov 22, 2007
Moscow
One that I have recognized is the fact that I cannot send an SMS using the second SIM. Is there a way to do that, besides declaring the second SIM to be the primary SIM and then sending teh SMS?
Experienced the same problem. Actually after finishing the SMS don't use left icon to send it. Pressing this icon always send your SMS via SIM 1 even SIM 2 is set as default. Instead push menu icon on the right. Two last items in this menu are not seen (in my ROM), but they are here. The upper one is "send via SIM1" and the last one (at the very bottom) is "send via SIM2". If you press these inviible item the SMS would be send via SIM2. For me this works.

fschwenk

Apr 5, 2010
@M_DD

Thanks for the clue! Works!

@cybermouse

No problem with getting the dummy title - as long as things work and I am happy with it :)

Device info reports:
ROM Version: C03.001.01 ENG
ROM Date: 2010_03-15
Radio Version: 2-2-2010 13:50:3
Protocol Version BASE_W09.20_P4

So, that is absolutely identical to your info it seems.

I have installed some add ons like Resco Explorer and MagiCall

International format: Not Working
Zoom bar: Working
Wifi: Working
Bluetooth: Working
G-Sensor: Working
SMS send & receive: working on both SIM (yes, now that I know how to do it ...)
Signal strength: Looks good to me
GPS: working
GPRS/EDGE: Works at least on SIM1

Reg the international dialing: What I am experiencing is that when something is dialed I get a message that says "the number you have dialed is unknown". When I use MagiCall, I create a rule that replaces "+" with "00" which is the international prefix in Germany. So, my conclusion is that without MagiCall the plus sign is either not replaced at all or it is replaced with a wrong sequence of numbers. I do not know how to determine whether it is the former or the latter.

Last edited:

Mig45

May 6, 2008
Sim Toolkit

Does have anybody working Sim Toolkit /STK/ for bank or operator aplication ?
Do you have install STK cab for cells like T53xx ?

Thx
Mig45

ZGOGO

Apr 15, 2010
Helo

It is great forum...
i learn lots of things..

But i still have a problem..
I have T5358+

everything works great I managed to instal Garmin navigation on it..

Problem :
I can not turn on the phone, or if the breakthrough soon It turned off I managed to make only two calls, I tried all sorts of things, but im slowly crazy:) :mad: I hope you can help me please please

regards from Croatia
thanks

cybermaus

Dec 6, 2008
Earth
www.campingtiveden.se
It is great forum...
i learn lots of things..

But i still have a problem..
I have T5358+

everything works great I managed to instal Garmin navigation on it..

Problem :
I can not turn on the phone, or if the breakthrough soon It turned off I managed to make only two calls, I tried all sorts of things, but im slowly crazy:) :mad: I hope you can help me please please

regards from Croatia
thanks

Your error description is unclear. Anyway, mobileuncle seems to think that phone is a C02 series, so you may try some of those ROMS. Google translate is your friend. Search, read, search some more, read some more. Repeat.

cybermaus

Dec 6, 2008
Earth
www.campingtiveden.se
Reg the international dialing: What I am experiencing is that when something is dialed I get a message that says "the number you have dialed is unknown". When I use MagiCall, I create a rule that replaces "+" with "00" which is the international prefix in Germany. So, my conclusion is that without MagiCall the plus sign is either not replaced at all or it is replaced with a wrong sequence of numbers. I do not know how to determine whether it is the former or the latter.

What I do notice is that the phone drops the + for numbers that are in the SIM memory itself. So phone addressbook is working, but those originating from the SIM book are not. Is that possibly your problem too?

I am not bothered by that, because my main addressbook is from Outlook through ActiveSync anyway.

fschwenk

Apr 5, 2010
@cybermouse

Unfortunately, all phone numbers are stored in the address book - I am using the sync feature as well.

and a new problem:
If I select a contact in the contact list and then select card 1 or card 2 from the menu to initiate the call, then it seems that the number is not dialed at all. Only if I use the dialer the call works. any clue?

Last edited:

cybermaus

Dec 6, 2008
Earth
www.campingtiveden.se
Teeter / HTC G-sensor compatible !!!!!

Hi all

I used to have a Touch HD, and now a T5388++ clone. I knew I would be giving up some gadgets due to hardware differences, but I wanted a double sim windows mobile, so I am happy with the T5388++ (so far)

But my 8 year old nephew had a much harsher judgment: No more teeter game, so it must be a bad phone :(

Well, some dude at the chinese boards has solved this with a HTC-Clone G-Sensor translation utility. Now Teeter works:D:D
The sensor is of less quality, but it works.

See the link at the bottom. Install the HTCGSDK.cab. Also copy the HTCAPI.dll to \Windows.

First calibrate your G-Sensor with the normal clone utility. Then start the extra utility. (Tip for calibration: If it is way of, meaning X or Y is too far from 0, it refuses to calibrate with a "lay phone flat message". Hold the phone so that X and Y are closer to zero, and calibrate a few times, each time stepping to the proper calibration.)

Options (in Chinese squares):
- x1 to x4 force multiplication.
- Negate X axis
- Negate Y axis
- Swap X-Y axis
100413110774d3756ed9610569.png

I had to use Negate X, Swap X-Y and factor 4 (HTC normally goes to 1000, so check if Z goes to 1000)

Also in the same download page: A Teeter/Labirint version that does not check for HTC hardware and some other gravity games.

Enjoy, and all thanks to ptlgf at mobileuncle He wrote it for a completely different Sunno clone, but it probably works for all. In any case, unlike ROM flashing, this will not brick your phone, so go ahead and try.

Download:
http://files.uloziste.com/bbb065ac4c49cbbd/

Attachments

• HTCGSDK.png
    HTCGSDK.png
    7 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

cybermaus

Dec 6, 2008
Earth
www.campingtiveden.se
And another useful utility by this ptlgf guy. But not for T5388++ :(

Its to reprogram the zoom bar as 4 programmable buttons. The zoom bar normally only works in Internet Explorer, so reprogramming as 4 soft-buttons could be useful

But when I install it, all touch-input on the lower half is messed up. I am guessing the program was made for the 320x400 WQVGA screens, so it is expecting the zoom in the 400~450 area, and thus it messes up my 640x800 screen. Beware: the only reason I had not to hard-reset is because I had VolDpad installed for cursor control.

But for you WQVGA users, it may be a useful tool:

http://www.mobileuncle.com/thread-11193-1-1.html

EDIT: Hmm, the program is OrchidTouch and its source seems to be public
Anyone a better programmer than me?

Download:
http://files.uloziste.com/bbb065ac4c49cbbd/

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SD ROM for t5388i ?

Electronic star finally sent me (what they claim to be) SD ROM for t5388i. (99.3MB) I personally do not want to verify if it is truth, I am the one fortunate owner of perfectly (in some degree) working phone. Please feel free to use it on your own risk and share results if possible.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ymgvo8bf2t3v4c5

P.S.Please remember, flashing your phone with a wrong ROM is the safest way to brick (damage) it. So do not do it if it isn’t really necessary!
    How strange! The location command works fine for me at the SU prompt (#), I've no idea what's going on :confused: Do you get an error message?

It doesn't look like they've published a a single system version of WM6.6, but they may do in the near future, as just when I thought they'd stopped development they released this latest dual version. Perhaps if you mail them and ask for it, as they don't have to invent it - just package it up as single.

You could always use the dual, and install all your apps to the SD, as WM has always had this as an option for most applications.

I know what you mean, it does get frustrating, and I've had my eye on a Droid or similar for some time ;), they're just so damned expensive!

This phone is fine for me as a day to day phone, I just have to not expect too much from it - still a lot better than my old Ericsson P1. I've also learnt and am learning a lot about Android by owning it!
    I'm keeping an eye on that device myself - can't justify the expense of a new phone though:rolleyes:

The ROM size looks fine to me, depends on how big they let the OS's become with preinstalled software, and filling the ROM space won't affect performance. One of the major downsides of the T5353++ is the small RAM, but the A1- is spec-ed with double, so it should be very usable.

EDIT:Just read something interesting in the buyer questions re: the a1-, it seems that the version of A2.1 may not have access to the market etc, so would be worth any prospective buyer checking out. I know how much of a pain this can be as my T5353++ also had this problem with its original ROM. Without google apps, android is totally crippled in terms of function IMHO.
    Indeed, if you check the CPU's (MSM7627+MT6223) you find one CDMA and one GSM processor. So not what you want.

Also, since my (real) HTC Touch HD, I will never again buy a phone that does not at least have real physical buttons for answer/end. The 'fake' touch screen buttons are a) too easily accidentally triggered while retrieving the phone from the trouser pocket and b) too easily blocked because you are accidentally touching another part of the screen.

But thats just my opinion, feel free to buy.

Good point, I got the same complain on Samsung phone (with fake buttons), I was happy as it was stolen.:D
    OK - I can summarize my experiencies:
    IDT flash... I think everybody who is doing this experiments have this software...
    K3AID... h++p://www.ulozto.cz/6556122/k3firstaid-exe
    can switch phone to "download" state even if the HW keys are not working
    it suppose working ActiveSync connection (downloaded from mobileuncle com) not my own sw...
    Sometimes may be a bit dificult to get K3AID working.. it can show some error message like "RTM state Error" - You need to install h++p://www.ulozto.cz/6556123/cabviaactivesync-1-5-setup-exe
    and h++p://www.ulozto.cz/6556124/gb-ppc-2-1-3-20090929-cab

it is only summarize of my experiences - none of this utility is mine, so use it on your own risk