To help keep this forum section tidy and easy to use, here are some rules and guidelines.
Only the following topics are allowed in the DEVELOPMENT area:
Note: If you are unsure where your new topic should go, then please post it in General unless it is a question it then belongs in the Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting section.
- [DEV] - Development for any projects or Apps.
- [ROM] - Custom ROMs.
- [KERNEL] - Custom Kernels.
- [MOD] - Hack & Modifications for the phone. (See below for more details)
- [FIX] - Fixes for known issues & bugs.
- For more information on the Original Android Development section check out this portal post
- All kinds of Best Rom/Kernel/etc threads are unwelcome, read, research and make your own mind up, as the question is very subjective.
- Please Include Screen Shots for ROM / MOD / THEME / Apps & Games, when possible as it's expected by our members.
- [MOD]'s that are primarily theming related or simply adjust stock application or framework functionality or behavior belong in the themes and apps section rather than the development section.
- Unmodified Stock ROM and Source Codes does not count as a DEVELOPMENT project unless it's part of an active project you have already started, and so should be posted in the general section.
- Placeholder threads posted in the development section will be removed or moved.
- Howto's and Guides should be posted in the general section.
- Password must be provided for all password protected files.
- Direct download links preferred, due to stipulations stated in forum rule #11
11. Donít post with the intention of selling something.
Donít use XDA to advertise your product or service. Proprietors of for-pay products or services, may use XDA to get feedback, provide beta access, or a free version of their product for XDA users and offer support, but not to post with the intention of selling. This includes promoting sites similar/substantially similar to XDA-Developers.com.
Do not post press releases, announcements, links to trial software, or commercial services. unless youíre posting an exclusive release for XDA-Developers.com.
Encouraging members to participate in forum activities on other phone related sites is prohibited.
Off-site downloads are permitted if the site is non-commercial and does not require registration.
Off-site downloads from sites requiring registration are NOT encouraged but may be permitted if the following conditions are met:
A) the site belongs to a member of XDA-Developers with at least 1500 posts and 2 years membership who actively maintains XDA-Developers' support thread(s) / posts, related to the download,
B) the site is a relatively small personal website without commercial advertising/links (i.e. not a competitor forum-based site with purposes and aims similar to those of XDA-Developers.com.)
- Extra emphasis on rule #12
12. Using the work of others.
If you are developing something that is based on the work of another Member, you MUST first seek their permission and you must give credit to the member whose work you used. If a dispute occurs about who developed / created a piece of work, first try to settle the matter by private message and NOT in open forum. If this fails, you may then contact a Moderator and provide clear evidence that the work was created by you.
Convincing evidence will result in the copied work being removed. If there is no clear evidence that it was you who created the work, then in the spirit of sharing, all work will remain posted on the forums.
As an addition, developers have the right to hold exclusivity over their work for as long as it is deemed necessary by that developer. However, if the work is claimed as exclusive, it must remain as such. No selective sharing will be allowed (ie, allowing certain people to use it and not others). If the developer decides to start sharing the work with others, the work automatically becomes available for all to use, albeit with the relevant credit displayed.
When permission has already been given, unless there is a very valid reason, it cannot be revoked (same applies to major updates on the work). Under that same premise, permissions cannot be denied unless the work is exclusive or under extreme circumstances.
In plain English: If you want to keep your work exclusive, go for it. However, if you are going to share your work, do it fairly.
Reposted content, derivative or maintaned works based on that of former or banned members may be removed at our discretion.
These rules apply to all software posted on XDA (including but not limited to ROMs, RUUs, apps, games, kernels, themes, icons, etc) unless that software comes with a license that waives these rules.
- Please keep all non Development relevant chatter out of development threads, It is recommended to make a separate thread in the Q&A section for non Development related comments and questions, valid replies within a development thread are: BUG Reports, Problem, Troubleshooting Steps & Logs.
- ... and Please! keep all your personal bickering via PMs, do not pollute the forum with your personal indifferences.
If you have a problem with a specific member please contact the Moderators for help, that's what we're here for, but we are not babysitters, we are here to gather, organize and provide useful information for our over priced phones
...for additional details please read the full Forum Rules
Thank you for your cooperation.
Thank you to veyka for the post