[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightlies / Releases [EOL]

Search This thread

nijawang

Feb 11, 2012
http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/releases-releases-releases-august-2015
PsychoI3oy
YOG4P was branched quite some time ago, I doubt anyone running cm12.1 nightlies is far enough back to install the 12.1 snapshot without issues.
David Daynard
Stable branch uses code that is almost 3 months old. If you’re on nightlies and are happy with the performance of your nightly do not switch to stable. You will most likely have to wipe data and it will be like going back in time 3 months of terms of features.
David Daynard
The 12.1 snapshot code was branched in June. You cannot switch directly from nightlies, it is going back too far in time.
Your kernel is probably also not from the same point in time, meaning it is most likely either incompatible or less than fully compatible.

So, does it mean if I satisfy with current nightlies then no need to flash snapshots?

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
So, does it mean if I satisfy with current nightlies then no need to flash snapshots?
Snapshots are practically always behind the nightlies so if you are happy with the latest nightlies no need to go backwards. Snapshots only exist to provide another less hectic release channel. You won't get update notifications about nightlies if you flash a snapshot.

pat99

Dec 4, 2013
Dortmund
Spirti FM Radio - Working 100%

I've red couple of post regarding this in recent past that FM Radio on CM12.1/12/11 working? Answer is YES.

Have tried in past with CM10.1/10.2 n in recent past with CM12 n CM12.1 n CM11 so basically you don't need to mess with your system anywhere. If your device isn't messed up internally than it should work without any modification.

Just plug any headphones, no matter its OEM or any other, their cord works as Antenna and use it how you want.

I'm also aware of linking Paid app is illegal on xda thus giving you outside link so that anyone try. Just Install it as normal .apk, should work.This is the last working Spirit1 for our device.

link: https://goo.gl/k6jG6s (Expires in 24hrs) Or http://d-h.st/VJxT

*SuperSU must be installed.

Last edited:

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
Snapshot build for 12.1 is now available. Well, has been since last night but I forgot to post about it while breaking apart libril...

Edit: Oh and I didn't test the snapshot build since it came out of automation and I had to redo a few branches for our locally tracked repos. Hopefully I didn't forget anything from those branches.

Bonus:
If someone can figure out what the ROT13 encoded version tags (ie. YOG4PAO23F) consist of in official CM snapshot filenames I'll give you a virtual kiss. I have partly figured it out using CM11.0 installer scheme from CM wiki but a half of it is still a mystery.

Last edited:

reformista45

Oct 29, 2011
Leganés.
Hi @reformista45, can you get a logcat from just before opening SpiritFM to see what is happening?
Hello @rjand not know if I will be well done, and here I leave a screenshot of the error. My spiritfm 8_4_2014 not work me, not that put the partner, this is the logcat.

Android does not work with me 12 and 12.1, with the rest if I work, thanks. In the snapshot Firefox works fine.
Thanks for all.

Attachments

• 2015-09-03-23-01-15spiritfm.txt
    111 bytes · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_2015-09-03-00-31-20.png
    Screenshot_2015-09-03-00-31-20.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 399

anbaalie

Apr 16, 2013
i am really sorry about this question
but i need to know
what is the app to use with this ROM?
for example xposed
do i must use arm,arm64,x86?
and does this related to Rom or to the cpu
and what is the type of cpu of our Desire HD?
many thanks to answering on my stupid question

dvhttn

Nov 4, 2010
Sunny Cornwall ...
i am really sorry about this question
but i need to know
what is the app to use with this ROM?
for example xposed
do i must use arm,arm64,x86?
and does this related to Rom or to the cpu
and what is the type of cpu of our Desire HD?
many thanks to answering on my stupid question

You could use one of those new-fangled interweb search engine thingies ... You might then have found ... http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_desire_hd-3468.php ... or even closer to home ... http://xdaforums.com/htc-desire-hd ...

Enjoy!

dvhttn

Nov 4, 2010
Sunny Cornwall ...
i saw it
but they didn't tell you what is the best to use it with this phone
can you tell me please?

You mentioned 'xposed', I'm sure that has its own thread somewhere on xda which would be the best place to start ad it sounds like you're not too sure of the basics. Though to be frank I'm not totally sure exactly what you are asking ..... sorry.

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
I decided to give JustArchi optimization commit a chance to do something good instead of just making everything crash. I scaled it back a bit not to increase binary sizes thus we won't be using his -O3 nor his recommended toolchains. With my tweaks the remaining flags run fine with default toolchains. If there arise issues that are clearly coming from these flags I'll likely just remove them all due to lack of resources to start debugging them so keep in mind this is just a test run to see if they can be used. I didn't spot anything going haywire in my initial tests. Commits will be live tomorrow.

ALIEN_

Jun 17, 2009
Can anyone recommend a solution to this issue I have:

I plug the phone into the car USB to play music however it has only work once and now I get no media found. I've had this issue ever since I flashed my Desire HD (years ago) however with the recent builds it decided to work twice. I've just flashed the latest nightly and will try again in the morning and if it works.

Cheers

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
Can anyone recommend a solution to this issue I have:

I plug the phone into the car USB to play music however it has only work once and now I get no media found. I've had this issue ever since I flashed my Desire HD (years ago) however with the recent builds it decided to work twice. I've just flashed the latest nightly and will try again in the morning and if it works.

Cheers
MTP or UMS?

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
I've been tinkering with something interesting for our low storage space issue to take my mind of WebView crash for a while since solving that issue became quite unproductive use of my time. Essentially I first changed the OS use data partition as system partition and then sd-ext partition as data partition but it felt somewhat clumsy to use since sd-ext is fixed in size.

Then I decided to try if it was possible to convert the OS to think we are running emulated sdcard device with only internal storage available. This practically meant reformatting sdcard as EXT4 (or F2FS) and mounting it as /data and making some changes to convert sdcard to be emulated one. In a nutshell, this gives you shared storage space for user apps and sdcard (just like internal storage only devices).

With the 8GB class 4 card that came with my device: http://i.imgur.com/Mvcvm0V.png

This setup allowed the system to be pre-optimized and by using PIC pre-optimization system boots up without optimizing or moving any dex files to anywhere (excluding gapps) which means first boot is "quite" fast.

This will require some changes to recovery to be used properly so I've been working with jrior001 to likely release separate TWRP build for this purpose. These builds will be built under different device variant called "aceopt" because this will require some level of knowledge from users to comprehend what's happening and not to break anything so I don't really want to force this change on everyone. Since this isn't 100% ready to go yet there can still pop up unexpected issues but hopefully nothing too difficult to solve but FYI this can still hit the wall. Having full sdcard available as space available for you to use seamlessly would be very nice though. Keep your fingers crossed for us. :p

xda-dhd

Jan 27, 2013
Link2SD

Having full sdcard available as space available for you to use seamlessly would be very nice though

...you mean something like this?
or
before -
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard emmc@fat /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.0/mmc_host
dev_mount sdcard2 /mnt/sdcard2 auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.1 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.1/mmc_host
after
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard2 emmc@fat /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.0/mmc_host
dev_mount sdcard2 /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.1 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.1/mmc_host

P.S. Is an example of another phone... The same can be done on our DHD just a little bit differently.

Last edited:

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
...you mean something like this?
or
before -
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard emmc@fat /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.0/mmc_host
dev_mount sdcard2 /mnt/sdcard2 auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.1 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.1/mmc_host
after
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard2 emmc@fat /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.0/mmc_host
dev_mount sdcard2 /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.1 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.1/mmc_host

P.S. Is an example of another phone... The same can be done on our DHD just a little bit differently.
Nope, this requires framework and init script changes too to fake the internal storage only thus it's way more holistic and much less duct tape approach than any Link2SD or similar apps can do. Only downside is that sdcards can be much more volatile as storage device than nand chips and they will be exposed to more strain which can kill them more quickly but dunno if this is something to worry about in practice.

Reactions: kib0rg and xda-dhd

xda-dhd

Jan 27, 2013
Nope, this requires framework and init script changes too to fake the internal storage only thus it's way more holistic and much less duct tape approach than any Link2SD or similar apps can do. Only downside is that sdcards can be much more volatile as storage device than nand chips and they will be exposed to more strain which can kill them more quickly but dunno if this is something to worry about in practice.

Do not worry, this is normal, what I wrote in the previous post about editing the file vold.fstab.
This is a common thing to change the memory of places, everything will be fine!

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
Do not worry, this is normal, what I wrote in the previous post about editing the file vold.fstab.
This is a common thing to change the memory of places, everything will be fine!
Yeah, jrior001 linked me something similar from mdmower's fireball/fireballx for inspiration. I just want to emphasize this solution won't require anything else after flashing appropriate recovery and converting your sdcard to EXT4 or F2FS just like converting data partition in the current ace builds. After that you can just start using the device like you have used to with the twist that you have full storage space of your sdcard available for your stuff and apps.

I just finished testing initial version of device tree changes and now waiting on jrior001 to see if TWRP will play ball with this hacky setup. Flashing zips like gapps that rely on fstab based mounting will likely be fixed with just changing fstab but nandroid backups can turn out to be tricky, or not. I'm hoping for the latter to be true. :)

https://github.com/OpenDesireProjec...mmit/e85d3ca319161a957dbd91c6352c55143d2bfe85
https://github.com/OpenDesireProjec...mmit/912e76f8087584b32cc95c1573c265dc8436fc60

$or$

Oct 21, 2012
Tehran
ramtin1.deviantart.com
Yeah, jrior001 linked me something similar from mdmower's fireball/fireballx for inspiration. I just want to emphasize this solution won't require anything else after flashing appropriate recovery and converting your sdcard to EXT4 or F2FS just like converting data partition in the current ace builds. After that you can just start using the device like you have used to with the twist that you have full storage space of your sdcard available for your stuff and apps.

I just finished testing initial version of device tree changes and now waiting on jrior001 to see if TWRP will play ball with this hacky setup. Flashing zips like gapps that rely on fstab based mounting will likely be fixed with just changing fstab but nandroid backups can turn out to be tricky, or not. I'm hoping for the latter to be true. :)

https://github.com/OpenDesireProjec...mmit/e85d3ca319161a957dbd91c6352c55143d2bfe85
https://github.com/OpenDesireProjec...mmit/912e76f8087584b32cc95c1573c265dc8436fc60
very good before, I used Link2SD and with my transcend 32gb U3 sd card speed of anything that I link2sd are very good (I divide my sd to 2 derive one EXT4 (10gb) and another default fat32 (21gb). only problem is cannot move system apps and gapps I think with moving some of them which is unnecessary to boot at startup specially gapps we can expect speed improvement in our device

Reactions: jack.ba.so

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    #include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

General:
    These are UNOFFICIAL CM12.1 Lollipop Nightlies brought to you by Open Desire Project and TeamCodefire as a continuum to CM10, 10.1, 11.0 and 12.0 builds. Builds are generated automatically on daily basis. Process starts around 00:30 PST/PDT. If it fails, then there will be no build until the reason for failure is taken care of which can take time. Last 7 nightlies will be kept on the server. If you want a longer history of them, you are free to archive them yourself.

Thanks and credits:
    • Andromadus
    • CodeAuroraForum
    • CyanogenMod
    • BananaGranola
    • Epic Beard Men
    • eXistZ
    • Flemmard
    • Flinny
    • goo.im
    • Juansheng
    • paulb_nl
    • randomblame
    • synergye
    • kylon
    • TeamCodefire (for build server and hosting, priceless)
    • All the rest that have helped to construct these builds and develop software for ace directly or indirectly in the past.

Githubs:

Changelogs:

Installation instructions:
    1. Download Nightlies / Releases
    2. Download gapps from here
    3. Put the files on SD card
    4. Reboot to recovery
    5. Do factory reset (ie. format /system, /data, /cache, /sd-ext and /sdcard/.android_secure)
    6. Flash cm-12.1-YYYYMMDD-UNOFFICIAL-ace.zip
    7. Flash gapps zip
    8. Remember to flash boot.img via fastboot if you have S-ON
    9. Reboot and enjoy

Update instructions:
    1. Download Nightlies / Releases
    2. Put the file on SD card
    3. Reboot to recovery
    4. Flash cm-12.1-YYYYMMDD-UNOFFICIAL-ace.zip
    5. Remember to reflash boot.img via fastboot if you have S-ON
    6. No need to flash gapps as CM backuptool script should take care of them (results may vary depending on which gapps package you are using)
    7. Reboot and enjoy

InspireMod

Kernel
    • Source: github
    • Compiler: stock AOSP gcc-4.8
    • Branch: cm-12.1
    • Kernel Version: 3.0.101
    • defconfig: ace_defconfig

Donations:
    • For build server & hosting: codefi.re (use the donation button)
    • I don't really need your money right now but if you insist on donating to me I suggest you donate that money to EFF instead here: https://supporters.eff.org/donate

XDA:DevDB Information
    [UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightlies / Releases [EOL], ROM for the HTC Desire HD

Contributors
    Mustaavalkosta, paulb_nl, kylon, Phantom Shadow
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-04-02
    Last Updated 2018-10-05
    aceopt

"aceopt" builds seem to be working decently for the things I wanted to test them before releasing them with installation instructions so here we go.

Disclaimer: You will lose everything on your sdcard if you follow these instructions so take appropriate steps to secure your data before continuing. Also this will be a "clean flash" from the start due to different partition layout.

Prerequisites:
    • TWRP 2.8.7.0 for aceopt by @jrior001
    • aceopt build of your choosing
    • Gapps and addons if you want them. IIRC, there was around 400-500MB space left on new /system partition after flashing base gapps package so there's a bit more room for addons.
    • If you have already partitioned your sdcard you may want to repartition it to have only single partition because you won't benefit from having separate sd-ext partition with this variant build. I won't write anything about this as I expect you can reverse what you have done yourself.

Installation instructions:
    1. Flash TWRP-aceopt-2.8.7.0-unofficial.img in fastboot or your current TWRP (Install > Images > etc.)
    2. Reboot to recovery even if you are already in TWRP. You need to reboot to be in newly flashed aceopt TWRP.
    3. Wipe cache and system under Advanced wipe.
    4. Convert your sdcard to either EXT4 or F2FS under Advanced wipe by choosing data partition > Repair or Change File System > Change File System > EXT4 or F2FS.
    5. (Optional) If you had your old /data partition formatted as F2FS you also need to convert it to EXT4 meaning converting system partition in the aceopt recovery.
    6. At this point your sdcard is completely empty so you will need to move the ROM zip and any additional zips into sdcard or use adb sideload.
    7. Install cm-12.1-XXXXXXXX-UNOFFICIAL-aceopt.zip and gapps.
    8. Reboot

Notes:
    • This is no miracle cure to old device. It will mainly provide more storage space for user apps. Nevertheless, with fast sdcard this is likely as fast as this device will get due to pre-optimization involved and also due to usage of default ART dex2aot filter which is set to interpret-only in regular ace builds to save space which means most of the speed improvements that ART brought are gone.
    • Apart from pre-optimization, dex2aot filters and different partition layout these builds are exactly the same as regular builds.
    • Update flashes work as usual. If you want to perform clean flash afterwards just do factory reset and manually format system. DO NOT manually format data under any circumstances unless you want to lose everything on emulated sdcard too. You can think of formatting data in aceopt recovery is the same as formatting your sdcard in regular ace recovery. I have accidentally completely emptied my Nexus 5 by doing this so many times it's not even funny anymore.
    • If you want to switch back to regular ace builds later on you will need to format your sdcard again to have meaningful directory structure in it, or manually fix it.
    • Make sure you regularly backup your sdcard as a whole to protect yourself against sdcard hardware failure which will technically make all your user app data and sdcard data to disappear. I use Win32DiskImager to backup my Raspberry Pi sdcard and it should be ok for this purpose too on Windows. You can find other ways on other OSs from your favorite search engine.
    • Old /data is now /system
    • Old /sdcard is now both /data and /data/media (emulated sdcard).
    • Old /cache is still /cache
    • I might have forgotten something from this guide post. I'll update it if necessary.
    Busy, busy, busy...

This little fellow joined me today on my journey to maximum awesomeness. I'll be rather busy keeping him fed, active and safe for a while thus my time here will be more limited while he's figuring out the big world. For those interested, he's a Finnish Lapphund and just 7 weeks old. :)

It seems that I will be also moving in a month to more peaceful place at the countryside leaving the city behind. For some reason I always seem to get multiple big life changes happening to me at once. Anyways, things will be quite hectic for me at least during June.

I'm not abandoning anything though. Things will just slow down a bit and I thought it's polite to give a heads-up so everybody knows what to expect from the near future. Nothing prevents everyone else here to rock on helping each other to figure things out in the meanwhile. :good:
    I've been tinkering with something interesting for our low storage space issue to take my mind of WebView crash for a while since solving that issue became quite unproductive use of my time. Essentially I first changed the OS use data partition as system partition and then sd-ext partition as data partition but it felt somewhat clumsy to use since sd-ext is fixed in size.

Then I decided to try if it was possible to convert the OS to think we are running emulated sdcard device with only internal storage available. This practically meant reformatting sdcard as EXT4 (or F2FS) and mounting it as /data and making some changes to convert sdcard to be emulated one. In a nutshell, this gives you shared storage space for user apps and sdcard (just like internal storage only devices).

With the 8GB class 4 card that came with my device: http://i.imgur.com/Mvcvm0V.png

This setup allowed the system to be pre-optimized and by using PIC pre-optimization system boots up without optimizing or moving any dex files to anywhere (excluding gapps) which means first boot is "quite" fast.

This will require some changes to recovery to be used properly so I've been working with jrior001 to likely release separate TWRP build for this purpose. These builds will be built under different device variant called "aceopt" because this will require some level of knowledge from users to comprehend what's happening and not to break anything so I don't really want to force this change on everyone. Since this isn't 100% ready to go yet there can still pop up unexpected issues but hopefully nothing too difficult to solve but FYI this can still hit the wall. Having full sdcard available as space available for you to use seamlessly would be very nice though. Keep your fingers crossed for us. :p