• YES

Votes: 1,270 94.8%
  • NO

Votes: 69 5.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

as9333

May 25, 2013
I am using Nexus 4 TWRP recovery v2.8.7.0 wiped everything (Dalvik Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage and Cache) while installing custom rom. Later I found nothing in SD card to install ROM. Then using adb push command (adb push chroma_mako-ota-2015-06-17.zip /sdcard/) places my rom to SD. After that when I flash ROM i get below errors:
unmount of /system failed; no such volume
updating partition details...
E:Unable to mount '/usb - otg'

What should I do now? I cant use my phone...pls help.
Flash the stock system image
Follow unbrick tutorial
Hit thanks if helped

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Is there any flashable zip to change filesystem to f2fs of data I need it to flash it to secondary ROM in multirom mod as there is no option to change the filesystem of secondary ROM
Thanks

dewce

Nov 3, 2012
I have an 8GB Nexus 4 that was running LiquidSmooth KK 4.4.4 Milestone 3.2. I wanted to upgrade it to stock 5.1.1, and used Wugfresh's NRT to flash a stock 5.1.1 LMY48M image (using Flash Stock + Unroot). Everything appeared to go OK, but after an hour of boot animation, I assumed I bootlooped it. So I tried to flash a stock 4.4.4 image and then a 4.4.3 image, and they are all stuck at boot animation. The recovery is no longer TWRP, as the NRT flashed the stock recovery. The bootloader is (obviously) still unlocked and the computer can detect the phone for fastboot access. I'm not sure what to do next. Any help is most appreciated!

Edit: Tried a stock 4.2.2 image, same result. Bootlooped.

Last edited:

dewce

Nov 3, 2012
Update: I reinstalled TWRP and flashed the LiquidSmooth ROM it was running previously. When wiping or flashing, I get the error "unable to mount /usb-otg". However, I was able to boot up into the ROM. I tried flashing the latest LiquidSmooth LP ROM (same /usb-otg error), and it booted up just fine. Is it this /usb-otg error that is bootlooping the stock ROM?

I have an 8GB Nexus 4 that was running LiquidSmooth KK 4.4.4 Milestone 3.2. I wanted to upgrade it to stock 5.1.1, and used Wugfresh's NRT to flash a stock 5.1.1 LMY48M image (using Flash Stock + Unroot). Everything appeared to go OK, but after an hour of boot animation, I assumed I bootlooped it. So I tried to flash a stock 4.4.4 image and then a 4.4.3 image, and they are all stuck at boot animation. The recovery is no longer TWRP, as the NRT flashed the stock recovery. The bootloader is (obviously) still unlocked and the computer can detect the phone for fastboot access. I'm not sure what to do next. Any help is most appreciated!

Edit: Tried a stock 4.2.2 image, same result. Bootlooped.

brwetz

Jul 31, 2010
Just came back to the NEXUS 4 after quite a bit of time. Currently running SlimKat (Android 4.4.2). Is there anything special I have to do to upgrade to 5.1 ROMs?

elonus

Nov 27, 2011
Oslo
OnePlus 7T
Just came back to the NEXUS 4 after quite a bit of time. Currently running SlimKat (Android 4.4.2). Is there anything special I have to do to upgrade to 5.1 ROMs?
You can just flash the factory images. This is a guide to do it: http://androidforums.com/threads/guide-how-to-flash-a-nexus-factory-image-manually.706533/, the only thing about the guide is that the links to download the images are outdated. You can download the latest images from this link: https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images?hl=en

lonzu

Sep 19, 2015
Hey guys! My Nexus 4 running stock 5.1.1 recently got the solid red light of death.

It took a lot of time and effort to be able to boot the phone up again, but now everytime it runs out of battery it's not able to boot up on its own. The Moto X Play is already on its way as a replacement, but I would like to at least backup my photos from the Nexus 4. My problem is that I can't access the phone on my PC (Windows 10) and it's also not showing up on the device manager at all. No yellow exclamation marks anywhere, no unknown devices, nothing.

I've already tried activating USB debugging before plugging in, activating and deactivating MTP, tried installing the drivers through Android SDK and Rootkit. Nothing worked, the Nexus 4 is charging through the USB port of my PC but it's not recognized as a device by the device manager. My Nexus 7 is working just fine, so I assume the fault is neither with my PC nor the usb cable.

Is there any other way to get my N4 to show up on device manager that I haven't tried yet? If not, is there any other way to move about 1500 pictures from my Nexus 4 to my PC without having to upload them all (which would take ages on my slow internet connection)?

edit: I also tried uninstalling any phone related entries in the device manager, didn't help

cchaos

Sep 15, 2010
The build number still seems to be LMY48M. I had already installed the security update so it's not like I installed that one.

I can't verify this, but my battery life seems to have improved after the update. It now is back to how it was when I had 5.1, which was not best either but it didn't have the battery drain of 5.1.1. I'm not sure about this because before I got the OTA I let my battery charge with the phone turned off to see if it could fix my battery drain. Whatever it is, I'm happy.
Well, the ota also hit my nexus 5 and brought that up to LMY48M. Maybe they changed something minor and stopped the roll out and now started it again and sent you the updated LMY48M? Just my thoughts, don't really know.

Haven't gotten around to sorting out boot animation. Would appreciate some thoughts on it please before I start removing apps from systen I know I'm not going to use (Google earth, slides and sheets spring to mind first....)

Last edited:

Nachtfalkeaw

Aug 26, 2008
Hi,

form what I have experienced I may assume that it is a hardware defect as there LED is blinking red (see 'Red light of death' in Google). In my case it was a complete discharge of battery, then I could no turn on the phone. Can you enter the bootloader and recovery for a longer peroid of time? Then you could try to grab your files via adb. However if the recovery works, you can attempt to flash stock Android image (or another ROM) or do factory reset.

My advice is to search similar cases in Google and maybe you will stumble on some usueful information. Otherwise I am afraid that you will have to go to the LG Service; but if your warranty is valid there should be no problem with getting it fixed :).

Thank you for your feedback.

I got it into working fastboot mode and followed some of the tutorials to flash the nexus 4 stock rom. Flashing worked but after that it just boots up until the white google logo is shown and the the phone turns off.
I did this a few times and now it dows not have blinking red LED but it does not do anything anymore.

I had the phone on my charger but it does not show anything.

Vessarius

Jul 3, 2011
Just around the corner
Thank you for your feedback.

I got it into working fastboot mode and followed some of the tutorials to flash the nexus 4 stock rom. Flashing worked but after that it just boots up until the white google logo is shown and the the phone turns off.
I did this a few times and now it dows not have blinking red LED but it does not do anything anymore.

I had the phone on my charger but it does not show anything.

You can still try to Google something; but, basically if all internet solutions fail you should visit LG service point ;).

anonymusneo

Sep 8, 2010
Chandigarh
Hi,
My phone wont charge just get stuck at 2% , doesnt matter how long i charge it.
as soon as i take out the power chord , it shuts down

Nexus 4 - 5.0.1 stock root with twrp recovery
tried calibrating battery doesnt work .

help :( please

cchaos

Sep 15, 2010
Hi,
My phone wont charge just get stuck at 2% , doesnt matter how long i charge it.
as soon as i take out the power chord , it shuts down

Nexus 4 - 5.0.1 stock root with twrp recovery
tried calibrating battery doesnt work .

help :( please
Have you tried powering it off and charging it?

Had that with a Samsung Tab 4, which looks like it is a problem with the USB port

Reactions: nitin.chobhe

ohmsree

Sep 29, 2009
Bengaluru
Nexus 4 wont boot to bootloader/recovery after bootloop even with h/w button combos

Hi

Nexus 4 wont boot to bootloader/recovery after bootloop even with h/w button combos. Heres what happened:

It was a rooted and unlocked phone running 4.4.4. It couldnt update via OTA. So i thought of unrooting + flashing the stock but with the latest lmy48m using WUG's Nexus Root toolkit. After installation it went on to boot (4 dots flying) . It went on for 10 minutes and thought that it went to bootloop again( ive tried similar things on it before and waited for a night etc. ) . So i tried the hardware button combination (power off then Vol - & Power button combo for bootloader mode and Vol + & - & Power) to go to bootloader/recovery mode but all it does is get to the Google boot screen and go to the bootloop mode. . Then i left it to boot again overnight and its still the same.. I tried a lot of times to get to the bootloader mode and recovery mode with no hope. My pc doesnt recognise in fastboot or adb since then.. Just as MTP device in boot or android device when charging. Searched through a lot of forums but nothing worked.. Tried to remove the back cover and then pressing the button combos - still the same.. What to do next?

Please Help!

Thanks
Sriksm

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
India
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi

Nexus 4 wont boot to bootloader/recovery after bootloop even with h/w button combos. Heres what happened:

It was a rooted and unlocked phone running 4.4.4. It couldnt update via OTA. So i thought of unrooting + flashing the stock but with the latest lmy48m using WUG's Nexus Root toolkit. After installation it went on to boot (4 dots flying) . It went on for 10 minutes and thought that it went to bootloop again( ive tried similar things on it before and waited for a night etc. ) . So i tried the hardware button combination (power off then Vol - & Power button combo for bootloader mode and Vol + & - & Power) to go to bootloader/recovery mode but all it does is get to the Google boot screen and go to the bootloop mode. . Then i left it to boot again overnight and its still the same.. I tried a lot of times to get to the bootloader mode and recovery mode with no hope. My pc doesnt recognise in fastboot or adb since then.. Just as MTP device in boot or android device when charging. Searched through a lot of forums but nothing worked.. Tried to remove the back cover and then pressing the button combos - still the same.. What to do next?

Please Help!

Thanks
Sriksm

Are the buttons working properly?

If you can't go to fastboot mode, then I can't think of any other way around :(

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

palmhighwaychase

Oct 2, 2015
LG Nexus 4 New ROM Flash

CyanogenMod version
12.1-20150501-NIGHTLY-mako

Android version 5.1.1

Baseband version
M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.1701.02

Kernel version
3.4.0-cyanogenmod-g24092b3
build02@cyanogenmod#1
Thu Apr 30 23:39:10 PDT 2015

Build date
Thu Apr 30 23:27:14 PDT 2015

Build number
cm_mako-userdebug 5.1.1 LMY47V 3525b121fc test-keys

Installed using the Cyanogen installer.

Hi there, Noobie here:eek:

I would like to remove Cyanogen and flash a new ROM on the LG Nexus 4.
If anyone could please direct me to a thread explaining how to do this the correct way it would be much appreciated.
Preferably not using the Android Studio as it's file size is huge and my download keeps crashing when trying to download it.

Thank you for your time

elonus

Nov 27, 2011
Oslo
OnePlus 7T
CyanogenMod version
12.1-20150501-NIGHTLY-mako

Android version 5.1.1

Baseband version
M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.1701.02

Kernel version
3.4.0-cyanogenmod-g24092b3
build02@cyanogenmod#1
Thu Apr 30 23:39:10 PDT 2015

Build date
Thu Apr 30 23:27:14 PDT 2015

Build number
cm_mako-userdebug 5.1.1 LMY47V 3525b121fc test-keys

Installed using the Cyanogen installer.

Hi there, Noobie here:eek:

I would like to remove Cyanogen and flash a new ROM on the LG Nexus 4.
If anyone could please direct me to a thread explaining how to do this the correct way it would be much appreciated.
Preferably not using the Android Studio as it's file size is huge and my download keeps crashing when trying to download it.

Thank you for your time
Do you mean a stock ROM or another custom Rom?
If you want to install a stock ROM this guide tells you how. http://androidforums.com/threads/guide-how-to-flash-a-nexus-factory-image-manually.706533/
You should download the factory images from here https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images instead of the link in the guide tho since that link is outdated.

If you meant another custom Rom, this guide walks you through the process. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2018179

imeem

Sep 27, 2011
I notice that with android 5.1.1 LMY48M, the mic stays on after i end the call if I have headphones plugged in. And the only way to turn it off is to restart my phone. Any1 else have this problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are a lot of people joining xda on daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked which fill up Development threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions. Idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in the direction where that user can find an answer and educate himself

First thing first. I strongly advise you to read THIS thread before posting ANYTHING on XDA.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in post no2, you might find what you need right away.

For ROM issues please do mention in your post about:
    ROM name
    ROM version and base
    kernel version and its settings
    any mods applied on top of it
    flashing "style" aka dirty or clean
    something like this
    ...and be sure you have asked before on the ROM thread unless you have less than 10 posts on XDA

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please, do come back and read threads in post no2 (coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time and frustration it will save you in the future.

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE,adb, drivers, superCID etc...... You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! No question is stupid in this thread.

***I feel that a little OT is healthy to the success of this type of thread. The people here who help the most will develop a comradery therefore OT is allowed within reason. Common sense will be applied ;)***

HALL OF FAME
    People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their problems/questions. In no particular order. These people also have the right to use the banner below :)
    eep2378
    bassmadrigal
    Stryder5
    trell959
    thephantom
    -Asskicker-
    DowntownJeffBrown ��
    azrash
    rskyline
    fenstre
    undercover
    scream4cheese
    xanthrax
    gee2012
    spaceman860
    zelendel
    Android Pizza
    Chromium_
    Jugg1es
    shengovind
    OhDae-su
    abaaaabbbb63
    Berrydroidcafe
    themike10452
    plegdroid
    jd1639

HelpThreadNexus4_128.gif

Just add this code to your sig
    HTML:
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1980135"][IMG]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26257623/HelpThreadNexus4_128.gif[/IMG][/URL]
    WALL OF SHAME! :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: @jugg1es @jugg1es @jugg1es @jugg1es

This post is not just duplicate of kidCarter93 Index thread. This is to be used to point people in the right direction.
    Example:
    Q: How can i unlock my Nexus 4?
    A: Go post no2, link no5

No spoonfeeding, user pointed in the right direction, you get your kudo- everyone happy!

1. [REF] Nexus 4: Technical Specification Breakdown by l0st.prophet

2. [REF]Specs,Reviews,Videos,FAQ,Development | Things you need to know about the Nexus4 by eep2378 and Prawesome

3. [INDEX] ROMs, Kernels, Recoveries, Guides, etc by KidCarter93

4. Standalone ADB with FASTBOOT by tinky1 (extract anywhere and double click on .bat file)

5. [DRIVERS] Nexus 4 Driver for Windows by Stryder5

6. [REF][GUIDE][11/03/2012] Unlocking the Bootloader by TheDarkDefender

7. [ROOT][CONFIRMED WORKING] Root Nexus 4 Using Insecure Boot Image and ADB by HQRaja

8. Nexus 4 Stock OTA and Factory Image URLs by oldblue910

9. [HOW-TO] How to flash a factory image / return to stock / unlock / root # by efrant

10. [NEXUS 4 TOOLKIT] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, Flash, Mods + MUCH MORE by mskip

11. [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit by WugFresh
    hey guys sorry for asking this but I try to get titanium back up pro from blackmart alpha. first I download the free version from blackmart alpha and then I download the pro key. but after I install it, the pro key is not working. any idea why? it also happen to app like nova launcher prime :confused:

please help me :eek:

thx

Buy it.
    Linaro is not only in the kernels, I believe it is a compiler and it's "hot" with new roms right now. There's a feature with Google Talk, if you use Talk as your voicemail, you're able to play the voicemail in the call log screen without going to Talk app. Linaro breaks it due to audio libs or something alike.

In all seriousness now, how do I install ios 6 on my nexus 4?
    /s

1. Get iPhone 5
    2. Place N4 next to it
    3. Drop a brick on iPhone
    4. Watch it's soul leave the body and transfer to N4
    5. Success rate infinity/1

No no no, I'm not a grammar Nazi. I'm a grammar Commie!
    Hello everyone, I'm pretty much new to XDA and modding in general. I own a Nexus 4 and I wanted to flash the Paranoid Android ROM.

My two cents;

1. Learn how to use adb and stay away from toolkits. They work brilliantly but opaquely and it's in your best interest to know what's happening with your phones firmware in detail.

2. Don't do anything until you learn how to make, store and restore nandroid backups. The N4 is virtually unbrickable and PA is rock solid after the 4.3 merge.

I'm a novice as well but modding is fascinating to me. Since my only phone is also a business phone I usually wait till Friday to flash new software so I have time to restore in the event of problems. Hasn't happened yet. Have fun.