VZW Unlimited data monthly payment upgrade...

Search This thread

comk4ver

Aug 21, 2010

Dougnsalem

Oct 18, 2012
Guys I got my new phone and I inserted my sim and left it on for about 4 hours alone made a few calls and then I shut down the phone switched off to my G3 and back to the G4 and when I logged on to My Verizon and checked out my devices it says Upgrade available contract end date is 12/05/2015... I'm alarmed at best help? I'm currently on the G4 again trying to make sense of this. Tell me there's a 24 hours thing?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

My deal through BB only took 15 minutes to show up on Verizon. If that happened to me, I think I'd start buying $1.00 phones like crazy, to resell.... :D Make your 480 up that way....

Reactions: comk4ver

comk4ver

Aug 21, 2010
My deal through BB only took 15 minutes to show up on Verizon. If that happened to me, I think I'd start buying $1.00 phones like crazy, to resell.... :D Make your 480 up that way....
Well I tried checking through Best Buy and I get this it's probably a glitch in the matrix.
75cc92e50074c6e3b566709169cf0e58.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dougnsalem

Dougnsalem

Oct 18, 2012
Well I tried checking through Best Buy and I get this it's probably a glitch in the matrix.

"Morpheus: I imagine that right now, you're feeling a bit like Alice. Humm? Tumbling down the rabbit hole?" Lol. You should be ok. Either everything clears out, and your contract extends to 2017. OR, if it doesn't, come 10/25/15, buy another one to sell to recoup some losses. (PLEASE, let me know how to do the latter, if it works....)

comk4ver

Aug 21, 2010
"Morpheus: I imagine that right now, you're feeling a bit like Alice. Humm? Tumbling down the rabbit hole?" Lol. You should be ok. Either everything clears out, and your contract extends to 2017. OR, if it doesn't, come 10/25/15, buy another one to sell to recoup some losses. (PLEASE, let me know how to do the latter, if it works....)
Lol, obviously one of my favorite movies... I'm more worried about having to buy another phone to get the contract extended to avoid the $480 per year increase. What makes it worse is Verizon claims my contract doesn't end until 12/02/2015 so how did I get an early upgrade? I would have rather waited until Cyber Monday and I know I sound rather ungrateful considering I got a free TV... I can't even call Verizon or Best Buy for anything at this point.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

DROID3R

Oct 8, 2011
Why does verizon doesn't let us take advance of DPP while on contract. I just renewed my contract to avoid 20 bucks increase on my UDP.... However i can't use DPP until my contract runs out... what does one thing have to do with the other???

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S 6 Edge+

porscheoscar

Dec 9, 2013
Why does verizon doesn't let us take advance of DPP while on contract. I just renewed my contract to avoid 20 bucks increase on my UDP.... However i can't use DPP until my contract runs out... what does one thing have to do with the other???

They just did a 180 on me. Not eligible for payment plan at all. Zilch. Went intonstore. Answer was no. Called Verizon they took back the offer. No payment plan allowed even though they gave a specific date when unlimited users could buy on device payment plan, which was today... the last day of the LG promotion. ****ing bait and switch.

LBJM

Feb 3, 2011
I got 2 phones last night from BB online and both of my lines have contract dates of 2 years from today the 15th not the 14th Not sure how that is gonna go as far as the 20 bucks extra per line.

It's based on your cycle date. The 15th is only the day where verizon will start applying the $20 month to month fee. If your cycle date is say the 17th you would not be charged the $20 because when that date comes up the system would see you are under contract.

So the point is if you managed to get on contract before your your cycle date you should be fine.

DROID3R

Oct 8, 2011
It's based on your cycle date. The 15th is only the day where verizon will start applying the $20 month to month fee. If your cycle date is say the 17th you would not be charged the $20 because when that date comes up the system would see you are under contract.

So the point is if you managed to get on contract before your your cycle date you should be fine.
I paid 149.99 amd sent it too. Didn't down about thag fine print.
You wanna buy another edge+? Then you can have a matching pair! Lol. Been trying to sell mine so I can get the V10 and package. No luck so far..... Btw-did you read the fine print on the Samsung gift package? You have to pay 299 or more if you buy the edge+. I paid 249, but sent it in anyways. Worth a try.....

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Word on reddit is we unlimited data users will be able to use DPP after our bill cycles past November 15.

rlivin

That is exactly what i was thinking. Mine is 21st.

LBJM

Feb 3, 2011
Word on reddit is we unlimited data users will be able to use DPP after our bill cycles past November 15.

I have no doubt about that. Getting the v10 before the 15th means a free 200GB sdcard and free battery. That sdcard is about $175 off of amazon so the v10 well worth the $300 2 year price.

jamor414

Jul 15, 2010
I got 2 phones last night from BB online and both of my lines have contract dates of 2 years from today the 15th not the 14th Not sure how that is gonna go as far as the 20 bucks extra per line.

Oops I forgot to warn you guys that Verizon contract processing can take up to 12 hours and Noon should be your deadline. Hopefully you will still be in the clear.

Dougnsalem

Oct 18, 2012
Man reading through this tread I see Why Verizon is rising it's rates and would expect another raise in 6 mo. all u guys are the long term customers, They'll jack u off forever at this rate. I dropped Verizon for T-Mobile. I live in ruel ga. Service may not be stellar yet but if enough switch it can get better. Someone wants your money for years at a time then jacks u off and u want to keep giving them your money? HA HA HA.

True, SO true. Like so many other people, we've been customers with Verizon for YEARS. 10? 15? Before android was even around. For a few years, we had 5 phones on 2 plans. Thinking about the time I spent reading ALL 15k+ posts on JulesJam thread on slickdeals really irks me. All so I could (successfully) save 20 bucks a month (so far.....). Instead of Verizon taking care of their 1%, long term, loyal customers, they try to ef us. Well, now it's payback time..... We have an AWESOME home internet provider, and typically hit 200+GB a month, with not a word from them. Well, after all of this crap, I can say that my data usage will be going up. Up by about 200GB a month, from 20 or 30. I WILL be letting Verizon know this, so they realize they pissed off at least one customer. Hopefully, others will do the same....

comk4ver

Aug 21, 2010
Guys see what happens I took a nap and I wake up to this. Anyone know what to do in my case? I don't know if I should just shut down the phone and stash it somewhere and go back to my G3, keep using the G4. I still have UDP I've been taking screenshots and I'm definitely experiencing strong concerns.

DROID3R

Oct 8, 2011
Guys see what happens I took a nap and I wake up to this. Anyone know what to do in my case? I don't know if I should just shut down the phone and stash it somewhere and go back to my G3, keep using the G4. I still have UDP I've been taking screenshots and I'm definitely experiencing strong concerns.

???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I did the Best Buy upgrade a couple weeks ago, except with a Note5, for the sole purpose of being under contract to avoid the $20 increase. Plus the $400 savings on the phone was a nice perk ;)

My contract date was extended to 2017 and I still have unlimited data.
    For those looking to pick this device up that have unlimited data through vzw. The monthly payment option to us doesn't take affect till november 15th per what I was informed by Verizon today(Online site is no go as of today and sales rep/manager at local store were also unable to do upgrade and keep unlimited). That being said, the LG promotion offering a 200gb sd card, 3000mah battery, and cradle charger free actually ends on November 15th as well. Which means to take advantage of both, you will have a single day window to do your upgrade. Here's the link to the LG promotion...
    http://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/v10/promo
    (assuming your line have an upgrade available)

wait til 11/6 and upgrade through bestbuy(method) Extend your contract for 2 years and avoid the 20 dollars increase in your unlimited data plan.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk
    Of course we could just cancel our plans instead and join T-Mobile for $80 unlimited everything . :victory:

Verizon will never be rooted anyway. T-Mobile already rooted.

And ur service would be a 1/4 as good as Verizons, screw that lol. What good is a phone with horrible service? I mean if u live in the city and don't go anywhere ur whole life u should be fine.
    630e9010f72e7e9315436ddcfe0aa2bc.jpg

This is a cutout from a best buy flyer

The phone will cost 299.99 with a 2 year upgrade

Once the phone ships and arrive switch Sims. Done deal

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk