★ [ROM][STOCK] Android One 2nd Gen [seed][MMB29K] ★

Search This thread

1cefire

Apr 12, 2015
Knowhere
Android One Universal STOCK ROMs [MM/LP]

These ROMs were dumped using the command "dd", 100% Stock without any modification.. These roms were put together for users who wants to fall back to google stock rom, And also for users who are having issues while installing the latest OTA. Nothing is removed from the original rom, and all signatures are intact. And Lastly, please take the time to read the instructions, FAQ, carefully and thoroughly before proceeding....

List of devices with known compatability
Code:
[CENTER][SIZE="4"]Cherry Mobile One G1 (Philippines)
General Mobile 4G (Turkey)
I-Mobile IQ II (Thailand)[/SIZE][/CENTER]

DOWNLOAD
[ AFH | DRIVE ]

FLASHING PROCEDURE :

• Download the ROM
  • Move the file to internal storage
  • Reboot to TWRP custom recovery
  • Backup your current ROM (just in case)
  • Locate the file and install
  • Reboot and have patience while it boots up... It will take about 15-20 minutes
In case you want to fall back to stock recovery, ensure that "MOUNT SYSTEM PARTITION READ-ONLY" is enabled from the twrp MOUNT section prior to installation, otherwise uncheck it

FASTBOOT METHOD

Extract all the images to adb folder and ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.

Code:
#! adb reboot bootloader
#! fastboot flash system system.img
#! fastboot flash boot boot.img
#! fastboot flash modem radio-modem.img (For Marshmallow MRA58Y Rom only)
#! fastboot reboot

Frequently Asked Questions :

1. Is it compatible with my device?
  • Yes, as long as you are using an Android One 2nd generation [seed] with a qcom 410 processor (msm8916).
2. Will I still be able to recieve the official OTA updates in the near future?
  • Yes, as long as you've never rooted, changed recovery, or any other modification on your system.
  • In case you have rooted your device, all you have to do is reflash the ROM when a new ota arrives and you'll be fine :p
3. Do I need to Wipe my Data and cache partitions before attempting to install the ROM?
  • No, but it is recommended especially if you are having too many apps FCs
  • If you are having apps FCs, try clearing the app data of the affected app, or try hard reset.
  • If all else fail, do a clean install.
4. Got stuck with "Patching system image unconditionally"?
  • It might be a bad download
  • Always verify the hash prior to proceeding (check the howto verify the MD5sum below)
  • Wipe the system partition just in case
MD5 Signature

How to Verify the MD5 signature?

If you are running Windows just download HashTabs and install. Right click on the downloaded file then click properties and look for "FILE HASHES" tab, verify if md5 hash are the same. On unix based system just execute this line in the terminal "md5sum SPROUT4-STOCK-ROM-LMY47V.zip". On your phone, just use ES explorer and then click properties then tap "Show Checksum" then compare the md5 hash. If the file hashes are identical you are good to go, Otherwise, redownload the file again due to bad probably.​

[MRA58Y] efa811732dd54ccdbe73a4cb8bdb085c
[LUZ56M] 5a58c232a6e5667c123236175a070a7e

Flash at your own risk :good:

Last edited:

kiksilog

Oct 31, 2010
My G1 is now running Marshmallow. It did took awhile on the boot screen but other than that :good:

Thanks again!

1cefire

Apr 12, 2015
Knowhere
General Mobile 4G Dual support?

Yes

Rom files is'nt enough folders, not even as work general mobile 4g , I have already My work is turkish forums . he doesn't come back lolipop

Although we had different Lollipop rom build no., our device and roms are basically the same. Since Android M arrived we all share the same build numbers. How did I know this? By verifying the MRA58Y ota and comparing all the hashes including the radio-modem.img I found out we all share the same Android M stock rom. And lastly, the MRA58M ota will not touch any other partition other than the system, boot and modem, so basically, all you need is the system.img, boot.img and radio.modem.img to be able to update to Android M. The rest of the partitions are useless when it comes to updates :p

Anyone has the stock rom for lava pixel v1 (2nd gen android one)??india

Sorry dude, I cant provide you the stock rom for Lava Pixel v1 since I dont own the device.

kiksilog

Oct 31, 2010
@1cefire

Can your TWRP files found here

androidfilehost dot com/?w=files&flid=43419

be used to root Marshmallow?

if yes, which one to use? (i.e. blue, classic, darkplay)

thanks.

Reactions: Sachin

1cefire

Apr 12, 2015
Knowhere
@kiksilog

Any recovery will do as long as it runs on this device. Unfortunately, Marshmallow requires a permissive kernel, so far no one has manage to build an insecure kernel for seed without any issue. Even the latest beta supersu with a modded sepolicy boot.img failed to boot. Android M for seed is unrootable for now, hopefully supersu will get an update to support our latest OS :)

Reactions: Sachin

1cefire

Apr 12, 2015
Knowhere
Android Marshmallow 6.0.1!!!

In case someone might consider upgrading to Android M 6.0.1 MMB29K

- install it via custom recovery philz / twrp / fastboot (visit the first page for more info)
- the rom contains system.img and boot.img only (the only partitions required to upgrade)
- the rest of the partitions were removed and will be provided separately for each device

Huge thanks to @dabotsonline for the link :)

Attachments

• MMB29K.jpg
    MMB29K.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 10,010
Last edited:

ondoy1943

Jun 21, 2011
How about posting the download url of the OTA update 6.0.1 file which I understand is only less than 90 mb? Thanks.. :fingers-crossed:

burduli

Jan 1, 2014
Tbilisi
Google Pixel 3 XL

- install it via custom recovery philz / twrp / fastboot (visit the first page for more info)
- the rom contains system.img and boot.img only (the only partitions required to upgrade)
- the rest of the partitions were removed and will be provided separately for each device

Wow, very helpful (Y)

swimao

Dec 31, 2012
Porto

are you a time traveler?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Android One Universal STOCK ROMs [MM/LP]

These ROMs were dumped using the command "dd", 100% Stock without any modification.. These roms were put together for users who wants to fall back to google stock rom, And also for users who are having issues while installing the latest OTA. Nothing is removed from the original rom, and all signatures are intact. And Lastly, please take the time to read the instructions, FAQ, carefully and thoroughly before proceeding....

List of devices with known compatability
    Code:
    [CENTER][SIZE="4"]Cherry Mobile One G1 (Philippines)
    General Mobile 4G (Turkey)
    I-Mobile IQ II (Thailand)[/SIZE][/CENTER]

DOWNLOAD
    [ AFH | DRIVE ]

FLASHING PROCEDURE :

• Download the ROM
    • Move the file to internal storage
    • Reboot to TWRP custom recovery
    • Backup your current ROM (just in case)
    • Locate the file and install
    • Reboot and have patience while it boots up... It will take about 15-20 minutes
    In case you want to fall back to stock recovery, ensure that "MOUNT SYSTEM PARTITION READ-ONLY" is enabled from the twrp MOUNT section prior to installation, otherwise uncheck it

FASTBOOT METHOD

Extract all the images to adb folder and ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.

Code:
    #! adb reboot bootloader
    #! fastboot flash system system.img
    #! fastboot flash boot boot.img
    #! fastboot flash modem radio-modem.img (For Marshmallow MRA58Y Rom only)
    #! fastboot reboot

Frequently Asked Questions :

1. Is it compatible with my device?
    • Yes, as long as you are using an Android One 2nd generation [seed] with a qcom 410 processor (msm8916).
    2. Will I still be able to recieve the official OTA updates in the near future?
    • Yes, as long as you've never rooted, changed recovery, or any other modification on your system.
    • In case you have rooted your device, all you have to do is reflash the ROM when a new ota arrives and you'll be fine :p
    3. Do I need to Wipe my Data and cache partitions before attempting to install the ROM?
    • No, but it is recommended especially if you are having too many apps FCs
    • If you are having apps FCs, try clearing the app data of the affected app, or try hard reset.
    • If all else fail, do a clean install.
    4. Got stuck with "Patching system image unconditionally"?
    • It might be a bad download
    • Always verify the hash prior to proceeding (check the howto verify the MD5sum below)
    • Wipe the system partition just in case
    MD5 Signature

How to Verify the MD5 signature?

If you are running Windows just download HashTabs and install. Right click on the downloaded file then click properties and look for "FILE HASHES" tab, verify if md5 hash are the same. On unix based system just execute this line in the terminal "md5sum SPROUT4-STOCK-ROM-LMY47V.zip". On your phone, just use ES explorer and then click properties then tap "Show Checksum" then compare the md5 hash. If the file hashes are identical you are good to go, Otherwise, redownload the file again due to bad probably.​

[MRA58Y] efa811732dd54ccdbe73a4cb8bdb085c
    [LUZ56M] 5a58c232a6e5667c123236175a070a7e

Flash at your own risk :good:
    General Mobile 4G Dual support?

Yes

Rom files is'nt enough folders, not even as work general mobile 4g , I have already My work is turkish forums . he doesn't come back lolipop

Although we had different Lollipop rom build no., our device and roms are basically the same. Since Android M arrived we all share the same build numbers. How did I know this? By verifying the MRA58Y ota and comparing all the hashes including the radio-modem.img I found out we all share the same Android M stock rom. And lastly, the MRA58M ota will not touch any other partition other than the system, boot and modem, so basically, all you need is the system.img, boot.img and radio.modem.img to be able to update to Android M. The rest of the partitions are useless when it comes to updates :p

Anyone has the stock rom for lava pixel v1 (2nd gen android one)??india

Sorry dude, I cant provide you the stock rom for Lava Pixel v1 since I dont own the device.
    MISC
    Code:
    [CENTER][URL="https://goo.gl/j7F8Mz"]DRIVE[/URL][/CENTER]